We need another forward this January

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Seemingly an offer going or gone in for Muriqi of Fennerbache.

Man United Make Offer For 13-Goal Striker Muriqi, Tottenham Scout Striker Again
By
Emre Sarigul
-
January 27, 2020

Turkish-Football reported yesterday that Tottenham sent scouts for Muriqi over the first six games of the season.
Tottenham have not made an official offer.
Turkish-Football understands that Spurs are still scouting Muriqi but that they have not held talks with any club over their star man.
The Yellow Canaries value the striker as being worth £20m but do not want to sell him in January.
Fenerbahce do not feel they have enough time to replace the striker if they do sell him.
The Istanbul based side are currently in the title race; three points behind league leaders Sivasspor.
Muriqi has scored 13 goals and provided five assists in 20 appearances for Fenerbahce in all competitions this season.
The 1.94m tall forward scored over the weekend in the 2-0 victory over Basaksehir in the derby.
Muriqi joined Fenerbahce on a £3.15m [Transfermarkt] move from Rizespor over the summer and has another three-years remaining on his contract.
The powerful striker has eight goals in 23 international caps for Kosovo included a goal and two assists against England at Wembley back in October.
Don't believe it. Don't believe the Slimani rumours too. This club follows a pattern when recruiting. I guarantee you a Kosovan and an Algerian are not on the agenda.

More likely we are pursuing Cavani, Werner, Milik or planning on converting Fernandes into a false 9.

Bestietom

Don't believe it. Don't believe the Slimani rumours too. This club follows a pattern when recruiting. I guarantee you a Kosovan and an Algerian are not on the agenda.

More likely we are pursuing Cavani, Werner, Milik or planning on converting Fernandes into a false 9.
I'm not going to argue with you mate, just putting it out there. No one know what way this club is going atm, so expect the unexpected.

Zoo

If it’s from the Turkish media then it can be pretty much ignored.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
I'm not going to argue with you mate, just putting it out there. No one know what way this club is going atm, so expect the unexpected.
Yes you're right. Suppose there's always a chance we're desperate enough to do something out of the regular.

I'm just bracing myself for no activity. Think inaction at this stage is the worse route for us.

sp_107

Can’t play for more than 2 clubs in one season and also he rejected us. He was the smart signing though. Release clause fair enough. If it didn’t work out we at least break even and if he tore it up we could have been trying everything to get him to sign a contract without a clause. Just more shite decisions by Ed. Nothing to see here. The names we are being linked with are septic!
Exactly we didnt sign him as they wanted more control on his release clause like 51M, what we lose if we get him for 20 mil and sell him for 51M after few seasons? Atleast we could have got a striker who can straight away walk into our starting line-up.Haaland was a big miss in this window. It was an absolute steal at 20Millions.

theklr

Exactly we didnt sign him as they wanted more control on his release clause like 51M, what we lose if we get him for 20 mil and sell him for 51M after few seasons? Atleast we could have got a striker who can straight away walk into our starting line-up.Haaland was a big miss in this window. It was an absolute steal at 20Millions.
I dont understand how people still believe it was up to us? Haaland wanted to go to Dortmund because he would be more or less guaranteed a starting spot (and they get CL each year as a bonus) . All the people close to him said this the whole time. Here he would have to compete with Martial and it is a tougher league as well.

The clause was just United’s excuse when he didnt want to come.

He said no to Juve and went to RB Salzburg , that shows what his priorities are.

Sea-Cow

No he's not... not in the premier league anyway
Last season he scored 11 goals in 37 appearances for a terrible Fulham side. And I always thought he lead the line well and would at least battle upfront.

mu4c_20le

Last season he scored 11 goals in 37 appearances for a terrible Fulham side. And I always thought he lead the line well and would at least battle upfront.
I think he’s a player who would show a lot of growth in his game if he went to a big side
Hmm I was actually thinking the opposite, that he'd choke in a bigger side with bigger expectations. On loan I'd have no issue but 25m? Shoulda just paid that for Ben Yedder..

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Hmm I was actually thinking the opposite, that he'd choke in a bigger side with bigger expectations. On loan I'd have no issue but 25m? Shoulda just paid that for Ben Yedder..
Yeah but they missed that boat and multiple others. The alternatives..

sp_107

I dont understand how people still believe it was up to us? Haaland wanted to go to Dortmund because he would be more or less guaranteed a starting spot (and they get CL each year as a bonus) . All the people close to him said this the whole time. Here he would have to compete with Martial and it is a tougher league as well.

The clause was just United’s excuse when he didnt want to come.

He said no to Juve and went to RB Salzburg , that shows what his priorities are.
He doesnt come across like a player really worries about competing with someone like Martial. He knows he can get a lot of minutes at UTD but its more down to his advisor Riola in this case.

Jibbs

I would want us to sign anybody apart from Werner, Dembele and Osimhen for these 5 months only, even if it is Cavani.

theklr

He doesnt come across like a player really worries about competing with someone like Martial. He knows he can get a lot of minutes at UTD but its more down to his advisor Riola in this case.
Well, playing time was his most important criteria, and he will get more in Dortmund than he would here. Their other no.9 is already on his way out.

fps

Much better sign noone than the dross being mentioned in this thread now.

enurs

We can get Mariano Diaz from Real madrid on loan. Fast, can score goals and best of all, he is not playing for Real so I guess he really want a move

theklr

Just listened to the Athletic podcast - said that we could have gotten Ben Yedder in the summer, but because of our disorganized, indecisive and faulty recruitment team he went to Monaco instead.

How good wouldnt it be to have him now, instead of our current best scenario as of now to get a washed-up striker on loan. Makes me quite irritated.

And i would assume, Solskjær as well. He must clearly feel he is obstructed by the club itself.

Alabaster Codify7

We didn't get a Lukaku replacement in the summer because his transfer fee was needed to cover Maguire, not because the board didn't think we needed one and not because of Mason Greenwood.

Hence the last-ditch attempt to get Mandzukic on loan or on the cheap. We did need one and Ole did want one, but the money simply wasn't there. As it isn't now.

Suv666

Sold our main striker in the summer, our 2nd striker is injured, still we arent buying anyone. The incompetance is staggering. In a decades time folks would be studying Man Utd on how not to manage a football club. Ridiculous.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sold our main striker in the summer, our 2nd striker is injured, still we arent buying anyone. The incompetance is staggering. In a decades time folks would be studying Man Utd on how not to manage a football club. Ridiculous.
It almost feels like intentional sabotage at this point. How can you feck things up this badly? We're in top 3 most recognisable sports brands (not just football) on the planet and we're being ran like a sunday league part time club. It's incompetence at levels I have never witnessed before.

Things will get better again but not under these parasites. Can only pray they are thinking of selling soon or things will get much worse.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Be so funny if nothing materialises in this TW for us after I was rather confident we'll get atleast 2 good deals done.
Silly me.

Suv666

It almost feels like intentional sabotage at this point. How can you feck things up this badly? We're in top 3 most recognisable sports brands (not just football) on the planet and we're being ran like a sunday league part time club. It's incompetence at levels I have never witnessed before.

Things will get better again but not under these parasites. Can only pray they are thinking of selling soon or things will get much worse.
It really does feel like intentional sabotage. Everyone on the caf saw our problems coming no way Woody and Ole were caught unaware. Our future looks bleak at best, we are still churning out enough cash for the Glazers, cant see them selling us for at least 3-4 years.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It really does feel like intentional sabotage. Everyone on the caf saw our problems coming no way Woody and Ole were caught unaware. Our future looks bleak at best, we are still churning out enough cash for the Glazers, cant see them selling us for at least 3-4 years.
Woodward was supposedly an Arsenal fan as a kid I'm sure I read once. Bastard trying to bring us down from within. Hahahaha

Zlatanator

we should get Olivier Giroud, he could get more starts at utd than at Chelsea.

NoPace

We didn't get a Lukaku replacement in the summer because his transfer fee was needed to cover Maguire, not because the board didn't think we needed one and not because of Mason Greenwood.

Hence the last-ditch attempt to get Mandzukic on loan or on the cheap. We did need one and Ole did want one, but the money simply wasn't there. As it isn't now.
If the money wasn't there, loaning out Rojo to a team that wanted him would have covered a loan fee for an out of favour but talented player. If we were competent we would have at least brought in Dani Ceballos or Perisic or someone like that who went on loan to another big club and would have helped us (Ceballos as our #10 keeping Pereira and Lingard on the bench or Perisic playing out wide opposite James and more of a 4-4-2 to again keep Pereira and Lingard on the bench).

complete rubbish. It keep on peddling it if you want.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Just need one decent forward, and I'd be pretty confident about the rest of the season.

nazanto

Giroud would be worth a punt imo. Decent established Premier League striker. Would happy to be on the bench and contribute when needed. Plus he's dreamy.

Adamsk7

We should go for Giroud or Cavani. As it’s short term, we don’t want average players, we need some class and experience to see us through. Both players are well past their best but they would fit a mould similar to Larsson when he was here. For all you could say about Cavani’a finishing or Giroud’s work rate, they are both class acts who can do the basics such as control and passing and decision making to top class levels.
We don’t need the likes of Slimani who couldn’t even do it at Leicester or Monaco.....

roseguy64

We should go for Giroud or Cavani. As it’s short term, we don’t want average players, we need some class and experience to see us through. Both players are well past their best but they would fit a mould similar to Larsson when he was here. For all you could say about Cavani’a finishing or Giroud’s work rate, they are both class acts who can do the basics such as control and passing and decision making to top class levels.
We don’t need the likes of Slimani who couldn’t even do it at Leicester or Monaco.....
Slimani has 7 goals and 7 assists in 13 league games for Monaco

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Just listened to the Athletic podcast - said that we could have gotten Ben Yedder in the summer, but because of our disorganized, indecisive and faulty recruitment team he went to Monaco instead.

How good wouldnt it be to have him now, instead of our current best scenario as of now to get a washed-up striker on loan. Makes me quite irritated.

And i would assume, Solskjær as well. He must clearly feel he is obstructed by the club itself.
Barcelona make €80m offer for Monaco forward Wissam Ben Yedder - report

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/barcelona-monaco-wissam-ben-yedder-transfer-interest-move-offer

croadyman

Just had a quick read of The Times back page tomorrow on Fernandes from the BBC gossip section and certainly doesn't sound like we are anywhere near close to signing a striker on a short term basis, maybe we are destined for a Falcao out of nowhere type of deal to gather pace on Thursday night but not going to hold my breath on that one.

I think we would have been much more interested in Cavani if the wage demands weren't so high and his injury record wasn't so much of a worry, yes I realise at 33 he is probably considered too old by many but still a class player, however looks like he has his heart set on joining Atletico.

Can see why people think Giroud could be a good short term option but looking at Romano's tweets suggests that Spurs are much closer to signing him than we are but as we have seen earlier today things can change very quickly in this transfer window.

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Who remembers Andrea Belotti? :D

He's not having the best of seasons, and his stock has dropped as a result, but he's the joint 7th top goalscorer in Italy with 9 goals, and I believe he has 20 goals already in all competitions.

He loves an overhead kick! Reminiscent of Andy Cole :lol:

TrustInOle

Who remembers Andrea Belotti? :D

He's not having the best of seasons, and his stock has dropped as a result, but he's the joint 7th top goalscorer in Italy with 9 goals, and I believe he has 20 goals already in all competitions.

He loves an overhead kick! Reminiscent of Andy Cole :lol:
16/17 season I was very excited by Belotti and one of Torino's Midfielders at the time (can't remember his name for the life of me). Not heard much about him and don't have time for much football outside England recently. But hard to imagine he has lost his finishing ability and knack of finding the right spaces. Could be worth a look into, but makes too much sense for our recruitment unfortunately.