we need urgency

Rooney gr8

The only requirement for the triumph of evil is fo
i think the main ingredient miising from the teams performance is urgency, we have played a fast tempo passing game for years with great success, it doesnt seem as fluid lately and much slower in pace.
often lately players have to look for a second or two for someone to pass to, as they dont seem to be creating space very well.
i feel this is one of our strongest qualities when we emlpoy it man utd stylie.

The Hairdryer

Against Sunderland we were second to every ball. It was a bit of a joke really. We need that inspirer on the park. At the moment we don't have one.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I wouldn't disagree with you.

What's the word.....ah, yes, we're far more "methodical" in our build up ang general play these days.

Lots of square and abckward passes, possession in midfield and the like, but by the time the ball reaches the final third we're confronted with a near wall of bodies. It looks worse when we have a sole striker or a front three and it's spread too far apart.

And the closing down, well it's just not good enough is it, not recently.

Spurs will be tough opposiiton this weekend, hoping for a vast improvement. :)

Nick, :cool:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
We do not have the players to inject pace in centre midfield at the mo...the midfield you are talking about played with a young Keane, Scholes, Beckham and Giggs...

Rooney gr8

The only requirement for the triumph of evil is fo
Sultan said:
We do not have the players to inject pace in centre midfield at the mo...the midfield you are talking about played with a young Keane, Scholes, Beckham and Giggs...
i really think he should be trying more of the kids as subs, we look doubtful the way things stand at the moment, of reclaiming the PL, lets at least in these injury prone times, give them the oppertunity to shine towards the end of dull perfomances, at least they will run at em.