We should complain regarding BBC coverage.

ROFLUTION

Yes, both are insane choices but Sunday was less insane. At least they would have had a night to calm down. Why did they choose to play yesterday then? That was even worse if they were really so shocked, no doubt they were.
Looking at the calendar, I think 24th June could have been a good option, as the first round of 16 game is on 27th for group B. I don’t know why it wasn’t an option, maybe they had reasons we don’t know about. Organising a tourament must be very complicated and there are many factors we don’t know.
Even playing it the next day at 21.00 would be a better option (at the same time as the other match) albeit not a good option. Somehow UEFA gave a very protocol answer and chose two very inhuman options. No responsibility shown whatsoever. Can't believe they even go on and defend the decision. People first, it's quite simple. Even with footballglasses on, its a huge disadvantage for Denmark to play right after this event. You could tell the players didnt function in the game as the unit they usually do. It's just a bizarre reasoning to also get a disadvantage kike this after all of this happened

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I love posts or emails that start ‘ I’m not one to complain but’... :lol:

Paul778

I think people are missing the biggest problem with the UEFA decision. Given the short time window of the two options given, why was the match continued and not replayed?

It was 0-0 and players from both teams (but mainly Denmark) were heavily traumatised. The managers should have been able to restart the match with different starting 11s based on the mental wellbeing of the players.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
One of the worst ABU commentators that was out there, his departure was long overdue.
I am not talking about which team he liked or disliked.
I am talking about the way he commented.
Yes he called it like it was. If it was a dull boring match, he made that very clear.
But one thing you cannot criticise was his enthusiasm and passion.
If you listen to any clip about football on the radio, I can guarantee that you will hear his voice.

It is. They all come with remote controls, so you don't even need to get off the sofa.
to be fair I often lose my remote… but that’s beside the point :D

so you can screen anything in the middle of the afternoon?

you know it breaks the OFCOM code as well.

that’s my take on it, and we disagree. Which is fine.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
One of the worst ABU commentators that was out there, his departure was long overdue.
I think he felt United had to be 10/10 every game because they had SAF, loads of great players and quite often WERE 10/10... so for him an 8 or 9/10 performance was hammered. He was critical of lots of good teams (not just us) if they dropped a little while he let things slide for the lower teams. That's ok but he let himself down with comments like "that's an awful throw in".... it's just a throw in? :)

But listen to his CL 99 commentary, there's no ABU there. Goosebumps.

Chairman Steve

Its not often that this type of thing happens. I imagine everyone involved in that broadcast has never had it happen before and probably never again. No complaints from me as I’m pretty sure all of them felt in an uneasy position not knowing what to do and probably thought some things could have been done better in hindsight.

I will say as a side note to this and potentially controversial point is that the culture of footballers crying wolf over on-field injuries doesn’t help, whether they’re milking and embezzling a nothing injury, wasting time, killing opposition momentum and all those sly, unsporting tricks. It’s got to the point now where the majority of people roll their eyes and sigh at it all, and when something serious does happen, there’s an instant dismissal of that claim from most people as the majority of claims end up being the player being fine to carry on.

So if any good came out of this, they would cut that stupid shit out in the future.

Posh Red

Its not often that this type of thing happens. I imagine everyone involved in that broadcast has never had it happen before and probably never again. No complaints from me as I’m pretty sure all of them felt in an uneasy position not knowing what to do and probably thought some things could have been done better in hindsight.

I will say as a side note to this and potentially controversial point is that the culture of footballers crying wolf over on-field injuries doesn’t help, whether they’re milking and embezzling a nothing injury, wasting time, killing opposition momentum and all those sly, unsporting tricks. It’s got to the point now where the majority of people roll their eyes and sigh at it all, and when something serious does happen, there’s an instant dismissal of that claim from most people as the majority of claims end up being the player being fine to carry on.

So if any good came out of this, they would cut that stupid shit out in the future.
I remember feeling exactly this when Neymar did his back in at the World Cup

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's interesting that they have removed the entire Denmark-Finland game from the iplayer. The Wales game from earlier in the day is still up there available to view. It's the right thing to do.

0le

It's interesting that they have removed the entire Denmark-Finland game from the iplayer. The Wales game from earlier in the day is still up there available to view. It's the right thing to do.
I think they should just have edited those portions out and leave the game online. Maybe that is what they plan to do anyway.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think they should just have edited those portions out and leave the game online. Maybe that is what they plan to do anyway.
You could possibly be right.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I love posts or emails that start ‘ I’m not one to complain but’... :lol:
I posted on this thread complaining about people complaining.

I’ve been stuck in a logic loop since I hit post reply.

In all seriousness, anyone that watched the whole thing, and complained it was on tv, needs to get a grip. If you didn’t turn off, you have zero to add and cannot possibly comment.

the boy that cried wolf effect. It’s a fair point. Although, thankfully it never got to the point where the player was ignored. In this instance is was clear is was very serious immediately.

it’s not serious if you are doing rolly pollys on the deck.

I don’t believe it Will stop players play acting. It’s ingrained.

UtdAgain08

I've seen the same faces in the last day or two using the situation with Eriksen to have a go at the BBC, really is a pathetic effort from a bunch of people who don't even take an interest in football and probably weren't watching the game. Wider point not aimed at anyone on this thread.

TheReligion

Abusive
I've seen the same faces in the last day or two using the situation with Eriksen to have a go at the BBC, really is a pathetic effort from a bunch of people who don't even take an interest in football and probably weren't watching the game. Wider point not aimed at anyone on this thread.
Call the buggers out

jem

I wasn't watching live so I have only seen clips of what happened, most of which seemed heavily edited. The only part I have an issue with is the unnecessary focusing on his wife/partner. From the clips I have seen (and again, I may have missed a fair amount), it didn't strike me as being overly exploitative - in fact I think it was good to see medical professionals doing their job so well, and providing yet another example of their expertise (and the importance of CPR.) Yes the whole thing was disturbing, but then again, so was the 9/11 footage, and yet I haven't heard anyone complaining about coverage of that. It sound glib, but I really think those who were so disturbed could very well have stopped watching.