g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

We will never win the league with De Gea in net

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Who are we kidding? Let’s be honest here for a second as no one really wants to talk about it (.....and don’t bother bringing up 2012-13, we were so above and beyond every other team that year Mignolet could’ve been our starter for all I care. Rather obvious Dave was average at best and was carried by the superb team in front of him so that’s that...)

De Gea is a showboat goalkeeper. He’s almost never in position as evident by majority of his saves where he’s dancing and diving to get a touch on the ball. You can tell he just loves the attention from such a careless style of play which he knowingly has chosen; honestly speaking it’s unwarranted and selfish on his part as it puts the team in a disadvantageous position.

If he were in position from the get go, wouldn’t he make ordinary saves as the rest of the goalies do? Think about it, pretty common sense stuff and self explanatory. It’s not a coincidence he’s the only goalie out there jumping around like a monkey. Not that complicated of a position but he sure makes it look like it.

Overrated and not to mention he keeps demanding higher and higher wages every other year it seems by using Madrid as a scare tactic while holding the club hostage. If it were up to me, let him go, take the money, and get a proper goalie who can make the saves when it matters most and one who can do so with ease and not have to exaggerate every little movement.

What exactly has he done since SAF left? Nothing. Just about every loss, he lets in 1 too many goals and just can’t get it done - as such, has been exposed. Not so easy without Sir Alex and those great United sides that compensated for his poor goaltending now is it? Could very well be ahead of City but DDG just doesn’t come through in the clutch when you need him most. I mean liked mentioned earlier, for starters he’s never in position to begin with so what do you expect really? Never takes responsibility either and the players always get the blame when in reality it’s Dave who leaves them vulnerable by not doing his part.

Say what you want but we’ll never win the league or CL with De Gea. Why do you think we won the EPL? Remember who started in goal? Here’s a little a hint: it’s wasn’t the ballerina dancing attention seeker. Romero is levels ahead of De Gea. And here’s some more food for thought: how has Spain done internationally since DDG has become their starter and how has Argentina done with Romero being their keeper? I’ll let you match it up but one nation/goalie reached the WC Final while the other has choked regularly since winning it and were expected to rule world football for the next decade. Coincidence? I think not...

Bojan11

These threads are beginning to be more annoying than blessing in disguises threads.

Baby Groot

I agree with the op, for the most part.
Although I must admit that after last year I expected Romero to get more changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.