Wenger watch (post-Arsenal)

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
:lol: Arsenal fans wanted him gone for years, it'd be pure comedy if he took over at United, from Mourinho no less!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That I'm not against him as a caretaker shows how bad things are .

deafepl

:lol: Arsenal fans wanted him gone for years, it'd be pure comedy if he took over at United, from Mourinho no less!
Imagine Arsenal fanbase if Wenger takes over us, went to win his first UCL with Sanchez scoring goals in the final and Sanchez is playing so well for the rest of the season since Wenger take over and win PFA of players, that would be worse for them than when we had RVP who won league with us.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Imagine Arsenal fanbase if Wenger takes over us, went to win his first UCL with Sanchez scoring goals in the final and Sanchez is playing so well for the rest of the season since Wenger take over and win PFA of players, that would be worse for them than when we had RVP who won league with us.
Yeah. Imagine.

Member 90887

Altough i wouldn't be for the appointment of Wenger. i think people are being a little unfair to him here.

He messed up at the end at Arsenal and overstayed. a lot of managers, at one point, fail with a club. the only difference is that they are sacked quickly afterwards. he overstayed the part where it was not working with Arsenal. it does not mean that he is a bad manager and it does not mean that he won't be successful with another team. i think that we can do way worse than to appoint Wenger. At least we won't moan in terms of type of football.

Just remember, the caf darling Pochettino compared to Wenger (since Pochettino is at spurs and against obviously Wenger in his worst years at Arsenal):

2014–15 5th (64) vs 3rd (75)
2015–16 3rd (70) vs 2nd (71)
2016–17 2nd (86) vs 5th (75)
2017–18 3rd (77) vs 6th (63)

2 seasons where Wenger finished better and 2 seasons where Pochettino finished better.
And even if the results did not follow in his last years, nobody can dispute the fact that Arsenal played enjoyable football.

With that being said, stay away from Wenger and look fom some new blood with modern ideas. trying to sign Wenger just stems from desperation.

Ban

What’s he upto these days? Thought he wanted to stay in football and had (or at least would have) multiple opportunities to do so.

Anyone think he’d be ok at a senior footballing role at United or am I out of my mind?
You're out of your mind.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
You guys are really reaching now

Desperate times as they say...:D

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Not for a hardcore 'In Wenger We Trust' like me. We'd be vindicated and be in *** paradise. Almost like you lot and CR7, but worse.

Wenger wouldn't manage another PL team from what he's said though anyway.

Kammy26

I really want him to get another job to see how he does.

Don’t know if I would want it to be us, but maybe Madrid.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I really want him to get another job to see how he does.

Don’t know if I would want it to be us, but maybe Madrid.
If he goes to a big club i can't see it being anyone but Bayern.It would be a short stint (2 to 3 years top depending on how it goes).They are going to go through half a rebuild this summer, and given the right funds he'd be a good candidate.Well respected, speaks german, his name + Bayern can attract anyone they want.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The more I think about the more I'm open to the idea about Wenger till next season. We can't be any fecking worse and look.. we'd all see good football again and in the off chance he does well then why not go forward with him? He's a good option now, I think.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Absense makes heroes out of everyone. If Pogba played today we would have won etc.
Wenger's Arsenal team are looking a lot better than they did last season or most seasons in the last decade.
I always had a lot of respect for him, he seems a good guy but this isn't an answer to our problem

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Absense makes heroes out of everyone. If Pogba played today we would have won etc.
Wenger's Arsenal team are looking a lot better than they did last season or most seasons in the last decade.
I always had a lot of respect for him, he seems a good guy but this isn't an answer to our problem
I'm not saying he'd solve everything but I'm pretty sure he'd at least arrest the fecking horrible feeling around our club by making our football watchable again. I'm desperate here...

See me in AFTV thread - the fact that it sounds like a good idea to me just shows to me how desperate things are.

Mick321

I'm all for Mourinho out but christ, we've spent the last 5 years pissing ourselves laughing at Arsenal performances like that today at Anfield and other grounds. He's also clueless in Europe, no, no, no.

Classical Mechanic

The more I think about the more I'm open to the idea about Wenger till next season. We can't be any fecking worse and look.. we'd all see good football again and in the off chance he does well then why not go forward with him? He's a good option now, I think.
As a stand in if no one else is available.