West Bromwich Albion vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVARiCE

tl;dr:

Picking players in the correct position (bar Mata, who was allowed to roam anyway), in an attacking and fluid system worked well for us. Who would've put money on that? Less micro-management please Moyesie, let the world-class players do their thing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good win, much better second half after just a decent first half. Everyone vastly improved. Rafael MotM by a mile for me, didn't put a foot wrong either way. Defence was good all around as well.

Wasn't too happy with Fellaini first half, he tried but was clumsy mostly. Second half his passing and tackling was a lot more assured. People were just praising him for the sake of it in the first half. Can't at I really noticed Carrick today. Didn't do much wrong I guess. Rooney improved immensely once Rvp came off but the game opened up by then and it was pretty much done. Welbeck looked good in his short stint.

Now just like after the palace game, it's important that moyes sticks with this and doesn't stick Valencia and young in against Liverpool.

Shark

@NotShark
I really do hope that the jokes of Moyes resting Young and Valencia are just that, as a lot of shit said on here has turned into reality.

Gannicus

Masterful stuff in the second half. A tossup for me between Mata and Fellaini for motm. Fellaini had his best game, by miles and miles, in a red shirt. Still too clumsy defensively but his anticipation in seeing danger was better and he had a few very nice touches on the ball.

The referee got it right to not send off Foster and not to send off RvP.

DocRockter

The left side was in little bit of trouble at times but overall a very good performance.. Rafael was immense, Rooney was himself after Greece and Fellaini, Mata and Smalling very very good as well.. Now let's build on this and kick the scouse out of Old Trafford next weekend..

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Enjoyed that second half.

The RVP thing balanced out with the Foster call. Was glad to see Moyes have the balls to take him off when he wasn't helping.

Impressed with the central midfield.

ricky-romeo

good win. a very good performance and the 3rd goal kind of sums up our performance today, fantastic movements all the way.

hopefully this 11 players that start today are going to be fit until the end because this is the best eleven that we put out now, plus the likes of kagawa, welbeck, fletcher, chicharito etc to choose from the bench as well. again got to say the return of rafael sparks a huge improvement in the way we played, as usual.

bugmat

Good away performance, especially Fellaini, Rafael, Mata and Smalling in that order. The team look like they beleive in themselves and the manager again and hopefully we will only improve. Only caveat was our left side..think januzaj tried too many spectacular things that didn't come off and he and Evra didn't link up enough, but otherwise we were good at a stadium few teams have won recently.

MaFel looked like a real box-to-box.

Jaap

Very good game and a superb one in terms of performances this season. It's only a start though and it was only West Brom so the win today shouldn't be overrated, IMO.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Our 3rd goal was pretty good, we should be doing that much more often. I think some of us are overreacting over that goal though

Gannicus

We were somewhat pedestrian in the first half but stuck in a sweet header off a free kick.

Whoever gave the speech at halftime got the job done, as we went in third gear in the second half and never looked back.

Still no real chemistry between Rooney and RvP though. Enjoy the sight of Robin now...he ain't coming back next season.

Fellaini was very solid in the second half, after a somewhat wooden and moribund performance in the first half. Still not a 27.5m performance but if he can turn more jobs like that then we won't need to worry about Jones or Fletcher doing his job.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
But context shouldn't matter, right?

Personally I don't think literal interpretation of the rules works, and I don't feel they're enforced like that either. But if a goalkeeper screws up a clearance and is only saved from a pretty certain goal by handling the ball, intentional or not, "play on" doesn't seem like the right call to me. A red card doesn't seem right to me either though, fwiw. Free kick seems right? Yellow too, perhaps?
Of course context matters. That's why football has so many contentious decisions. Lots of factors can influence a decision. In other words, It's not always a free kick when the ball and hand make contact.

I'd defo have given a free , not sure about a card.

I think doing feck all was the easiest option for the official due in part to the ridiculous scrutiny we and the media put them through. They are petrified to make a wrong call, easier to not see.

Status
Not open for further replies.