West Ham - Manchester United U23

GueRed

Puigmal brushed his hand on the player. Player went down easy. VAR that and its no pen

Laird got done too easy beforehand though. Poor defending

lysglimt

Scout
Never been impressed by Laird defensively - going forward he is top-class. So he would probably be excellent in a 3-5-2 but I dont think he is good enough in a 4-4-2

lysglimt

Scout
Well West Ham are awful in the last 15 so there is a chance

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Feel like if Utd can just get 1 here they will win the game.

Utdstar01

Why would Neil Wood think it's a good idea to take our best outlet off of the left and put him up top :confused:

lysglimt

Scout
Didn't see what Hannibal did - but the linesman was like 30 cm away - so I doubt it was incorrect

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He quite clearly kicked him. Brought his leg back to generate power and everything. It’s a clear red. No surprise Hannibal acting like a little baby yet again. He’s kicked out several times already this season. Kid needs to grow the feck up. He’s 17 not 7.

GueRed

Lesson for the kids ?

Score when you're on top

And stay switched on at all times

Coops73

First time I’ve watched the youth for a while and if that’s that’s the general standard of refereeing it’s shocking, should of sent himself off for that tackle on a west ham player.

Hannibal looked very good, Pellestri was so, so.

pascell

That was a poor refereeing display, horrendous infact.

Wasn't a penalty, clear dive.

If Mejbri works on his temperament, we have a gem of a player on our hands. Pellistri looked bright, just needs more games to adjust. Fish looks like he'll have a decent career, looks calm and assured on the ball and can read the game well.

Utdstar01

Shit setup from the beginning really. We had a good first half hour, played the ball into the box and into good areas but the lack of a striker hurt us.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Dissapointing to see us lose this game after playing so well. The ref was a absolute donkey in the game and was by far the worst performer on the field which cost us the game. But I was happy with our performance and tactically we were setup well and made it very difficult for West Ham to transition effectively which resulted in us winning the ball on numerous occasions.

If Mejbri's kick out was a red then why the feck didn't the West Ham player also receive red for kicking out first? Absolutely mind boggling decision by the ref IMO.

StraightEdge

How good is Shoretire supposed to be? I know he’s only 16, but clearly not ready for the U23’s. Not saying that’s shocking or anything, but if he’s as good as I’ve heard, he shouldn’t be that far away from that right?

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I hate VAR but the refereeing on youth level is so bad in nearly every match therefore i would support it.

We haven't played a bad match but to lose against the bottom team of the league is never good and i really thought we found our place in the league after the last good results.....i don't think we would have lost the match with Hugill as main striker (Shoretire is support-striker or a left forward in my opinion).

Last edited:

Mickson

I thought we played very well, the first 30 minutes was seriously one of the best of the season. I know it sounds silly, but we were incredibly unlucky and the ref was shite as well. However, we need to do better in the final third and we clearly miss a big presence in the box. What's the point of Elanga and Pellistri beating their man if there's no one in the box? I hope Mellor can come back soon.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I hate VAR but the refereeing on youth level is so bad in nearly every match therefore i would support it.
I sometimes think I’m complaining about youth refereeing too much, then I watch games like that :lol:

DesiAce83

Wow that was a soft penalty.

And on the red card, clearly looks like the WH players kicks out from this angle but nothing from Hannibal.....

Bigsid

Know people say Shoretire is pushed by his Father but it's ridiculous him playing at this level. Offers so little. Whats it proving? Did he really rip it up at 18s or did I miss it?

Mickson

Know people say Shoretire is pushed by his Father but it's ridiculous him playing at this level. Offers so little. Whats it proving? Did he really rip it up at 18s or did I miss it?
Definitely not. 3 goals and 4 assist in 15 starts and 6 sub appearances last season. He is a good player even at U23-level, far better than the likes of Wellens IMO. I can see why Wood likes him - he keeps the ball and is doing the right things on the pitch. But he doesn't offer that much in terms of scoring, although sometimes in a difficult position playing as a no 9. For me, it's a little bit odd that Hoogewerf isn't playing more at U23-level instead of him.

KevinJoh

Again his best game so far. Looks like he is growing and starting to show what he can do in U23. Two assists yesterday (OK, 1 and 1/2), but overall his game was very good, keeping ball in tight spaces, distribution. Pretty mature for this age, while playing against grown ups (Saints had a lot of 20+ players in the team)