London Stadium

Kick-off
Sat, 29 September 2018 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 52 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    I'm watching the game with my dad and brother and said before kick off that West Ham would want this more than us. After five minutes I said the game was lost. They said I'm being far too pessimistic, never write United off so early etc etc. Sadly, I feel that's where we are just now: we don't look capable of beating anyone. These players don't care; some just aren't good enough. The West Ham front three are ripping us a new one, and as for Lindelof and Smalling, feck me, what are they doing in a United shirt? I'm sick of talking about Smalling, it feels like I'm victimising him, but his performance again isn't acceptable: doesn't he know where to position himself FFS? Lindelof is like a frightened little boy and has been just as bad. Mourinho going with a back three containing those two? Dear God.

Remember a few years ago at Upton Park, when were 2-0 down and a Rooney hat trick got us the win? The team spirit of those days are sadly gone; we are shell of the team we were then.

Just totally fed up with this sloppy nonsense. We are on the brink of a crisis.

Rant over; see you at full time. Perhaps we'll get a really nice surprise second half! I'm not counting on it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    time for pogba to go, jose to go and woodward to go. it's fecking embarrassing
    Woodward's not going anywhere, because he is taking this club from strength to strength, off the pitch.
    Jose is not going anywhere until he can't get top 4, mathematically. It costs too much money to sack him, otherwise.
    Pogba isn't going anywhere (yet), as he is worth too much money to the club, at this moment in time. If the right offer comes in though, who knows?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Get someone who’ll back the manager and ship the bunch of lazy feckers off in the summer. The transfer window is closed, we literally have no choice but to stick with the bunch of shit were watching every game.
    bring in some youth team players if we must. are you telling me our youth team CBs are as bad as Smalling/Lindelof/Jones. are you telling me the youth teams don't have a winger. are you telling me the youth teams don't have players who love the shirt

Janson

I honestly think if we had Poch/Klopp/Pep/Sarri we'd attack so much better as a team. I'm not saying we'd turn into a great title winning side, but I do believe we'd have a cohesive team, which we've never had under José.
    I don't know if we would really. I'm not saying that we wouldn't, I'm just genuinely not sure if these players are capable of it without some changes in personel. Not to buy a whole new team but just 2-3 players that will click better with what we have. But we'll have to see if it changes under the new manager.

Ace of Spades

Jose's love for the bang average players is going to cost him his job. A midfield of Pogba, Fellaini and Matic won't work against any team that will play the ball on the floor as they are all slow as feck. They just can't cover ground, or close the opposition down. The opposition can play with no pressure whatsoever.

Also, as shit as McTominay is, don't play him in a back three when you have a defender on the bench, you twat.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Woodward's not going anywhere, because he is taking this club from strength to strength, off the pitch.
    Jose is not going anywhere until he can't get top 4, mathematically. It costs too much money to sack him, otherwise.
    Pogba isn't going anywhere (yet), as he is worth too much money to the club, at this moment in time. If the right offer comes in though, who knows?
    all of which is why we are where we are

CA1

Sack him too. That's how it works.
    :D

This forum :D

I'll say it till I'm blue in the face, United will never win the league again until the Glazers and Woodward leave the club.

We can have all the new managers we want.

Greck

Lindelof needs to grow a pair because he always turns his body away when a shot comes his way. All it does is deflect the ball. It's normal to protect ones face but most defenders do this without turning their body entirely like he does

Ban

That's what we did between Sir Matt and Sir Alex.

Nothing wrong with firing the wrong manager. And our current one is a mistake. But these things happen..
    Let's go for the next free one, the easiest choice, Zidane.. Without any long term plan whatsoever.

ZAGREB RED

Barring an unlikely comeback, I think the fat lady will be singing soon, if not in the aftermath of this game, then another defeat against Valencia will surely decide Mourinho's fate.
    I almost think that he is trying to bring the sack on himself with today's baffling team selection, but he wouldn't, would he ?
    Big 45 minutes coming up, I doubt there are many United fans who honestly believe that this game can be turned around, even a draw looks a remote possibility.

Shiva87

At this rate, the mathematical impossibility of reaching top 4 might come as early as December and we'll get rid of Mourinho by then...
    The only reason that is relevant is coz it reduces what United must pay Jose if we sack him.

A part of me really wants us to come back and win this game - but I just can't see it happening

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
    They all care. They look lost.

The starting set-up was incredibly stupid against a shit time like West Ham. How many games have they won this season? Heck, how many this year for us to give them all the initiative?

This was pathetic from the manager. And it's showing.
    I didn't agree with the lineup. But I'd still expect to see some kind of initiative from the players. Where's the reaction to losing? The defiance?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
    bring in some youth team players if we must. are you telling me our youth team CBs are as bad as Smalling/Lindelof/Jones. are you telling me the youth teams don't have a winger. are you telling me the youth teams don't have players who love the shirt
    I would actually prefer that. Watching our players actually care would be refreshing.

Janson

No pep is very specific about player runs and movements. He coaches players movement off the ball more than anything else.
    I know he does, but I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that it's only up to the final third. Not sure if true though.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
    Mourinho thinking.

West Ham, you're such a great team we'll play 3 central defenders and 2 defensive midfielders.

Loublaze

ATLien
    Wasn't Woodward's last attended match the one where Mourinho played Herrera in defense? He's doing the same with McTominay today

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Needs to be a major clear out of players too. You don't get to choose your boss (unfortunately!). anyone proved to have tried to get him sacked should be shown the door
    If any of our players have been proven to have underperformed in order to get rid of Jose, then they should be sacked with immediate effect on the grounds of gross misconduct.

I want Jose out as much as anyone, but you do not actively underperform to achieve that. I can't help but wonder if a few of our players are doing just that, the evidence of today's game (plus a few others from this season) certainly seems to suggest that.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
    For the first time in as long as I can remember, I switched the game off after 5 mins. Can’t be bothered getting more pissed off with it.

Second-half kick-off

No changes at the break.

Lemansky

I don’t think there’s any chance of it happening this soon. The press would hate it too they’d have nothing to write about.

I’m so indifferent. He’s got to go but I care so little about this season already
    This season is far from over. Get rid of Mou and try to salvage some of it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    I don't know if we would really. I'm not saying that we wouldn't, I'm just genuinely not sure if these players are capable of it without some changes in personel. Not to buy a whole new team but just 2-3 players that will click better with what we have. But we'll have to see if it changes under the new manager.
    To be fair, you could be right. Truth is none of us know unless we actually tried said approach in regards to hiring our next manager. I like to believe we would, though, because I do think we have some talented attackers despite our squad admittedly not being the greatest.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    Let's go for the next free one, the easiest choice, Zidane.. Without any long term plan whatsoever.
    That's why I would go with Carrick and McKenna until end of the season.

Use the rest of the season to restructure the club. It shouldn't just be Jose we are fixing.

But we have the resources to turn things around. But it won't be under this manager. And we all know it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 332 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw