Smalling
Buttner
Valencia
Scholes
Cleverley
Young
Kagawa
van Persie

I'd be happy with something like that, not exactly full strength, but I reckon they could beat West Ham. It would give Carrick and most of our defence a rest ahead of the Liverpool match as well as some game time to Jones and Buttner. West Ham would pile loads of pressure on De Gea from set pieces as well, so Lindegaard might be more suited to this one.

Donut

The line up kind of picks itself. The only question is wheather to start Hernandez or not.

Lindegaard

Jones Smalling Vidic Buttner

Valencia Fletcher Scholes Welbeck/Young

Kagawa Welbeck/Hernandez

Bring on Van Persie if we're behind.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A little FA Cup stat for people. United have only been knocked out of the third round once in their history, this was to Leeds in 2009/10.

This was the team we fielded:

The attitude of the respective sides and whether the balance of rotation is just so, can he unknown quantities until you get out there.
That was an awful game, one where that highly limited Beckford miscontrolled a ball, and by sheer luck it took him past our keeper and in for a tap in.

Sheer luck, but got him a move to the Premier league, where naturally he proved he wasnt good enough.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Also surprised that Ferdinand doesn't have an FA Cup Medal. I think players like Vidic, Rooney, van Persie, and Evra will be well up for one of these medals, but obviously the whole team will be too!
Let's get past West Ham eh first?

Knowing our luck we'll get another Prem team away in the next round too.

People remember those non league we drew at home, but the majority of our recent FA Cup games have been Premier teams.

That season of City away 3rd round and then Liverpool away 4th round was an absolute joke.

Northstand

A little FA Cup stat for people. United have only been knocked out of the third round once in their history, this was to Leeds in 2009/10.
Presumably you mean since Fergie has been manager? We've been eliminated at the third round stage many times over the years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm tipping Blackpool for a draw.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Anybody know if Powell is available? He's been injured in the last couple of weeks I think, but with talk of a loan move imminent I'm assuming he's fit again? Hoping to see him today, along with Petrucci possibly

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Presumably you mean since Fergie has been manager? We've been eliminated at the third round stage many times over the years.
Yes that most certainly is what it should have said :o, which considering the length of his reign remains an achievement.

I'll have to see if i can find the specific matchday thread but looking at that team and bearing mind the state of Leeds at that time, i wonder how many thought the starting XI good enough even with the rotation. Fine margins.

NinjaFletch

Yes that most certainly is what it should have said :o, which considering the length of his reign remains an achievement.

I'll have to see if i can find the specific matchday thread but looking at that team and bearing mind the state of Leeds at that time, i wonder how many thought the starting XI good enough even with the rotation. Fine margins.
It was, probably, if I remember that game rightly the problem wasn't so much personnel but an absolutely hopeless performance from those picked.

Edit:

1. Kuszchak
2. Neville
3. Fabio
4. Vidic
5. Evans
6. Anderson
7. Welbeck
8. Gibson
9. Berbatov
10. Rooney
11. Obertan

Was the team.

We should have destroyed them.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Give me some Kagawa and Powell and I'll be happy. Well as long as one of them isn't playing as a winger.

-----------Lindegaard--------
Jones--Jones--Vidic--Buttner
--------????----????----------
--Valencia---Kagawa---Powell
--------------Welbeck---------

I have no idea who will play in midfield. Carrick has played a lot and could do with a rest but if he's not in the team we are generally unbalanced. I would say Fletcher but I think I read somewhere on here about him struggling with heavy pitches according to Fergie.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
@Mystry

We might have Fletcher playing the holding role, with somebody like Tunnicliffe as the box to box midfielder.

Shimo

Lindegaard, jones, smalling, Vida, buttner, Valencia, fletcher, scholes, Ando, kagawa, Welbeck.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Are there any West Ham fans on the Caf?

What's with this recent fashion of referring to your stadium as the Boleyn Ground?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Are there any West Ham fans on the Caf?

What's with this recent fashion of referring to your stadium as the Boleyn Ground?
Seems that's the official name of the Stadium...but traditionally everyone has said Upton Park (location as opposed to actual name). Someone told me some history regarding 'Boleyn' once...something to do with the stadium being built on land previously occupied by someone with the surname 'Boleyn'. Maybe they're getting all historical (before they leave)?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I for one would love to see Powell given some game too.
Perhaps Fletcher might start, but I haven't seen him in any of the latest getty training photos which has me wondering what's up.

Kagawa needs game time too, as does Vidic, but I think it'd be best to keep Vidic fresh for next week.
Other than that, Welbeck and the younger players need some game time.
Mix in some experience too and we should be fine.

Also Mystry, you have Jones down for 2 positions.

Brightonian

Give me some Kagawa and Powell and I'll be happy. Well as long as one of them isn't playing as a winger.

-----------Lindegaard--------
Jones--Jones--Vidic--Buttner
--------????----????----------
--Valencia---Kagawa---Powell
--------------Welbeck---------

I have no idea who will play in midfield. Carrick has played a lot and could do with a rest but if he's not in the team we are generally unbalanced. I would say Fletcher but I think I read somewhere on here about him struggling with heavy pitches according to Fergie.
I thought Fergie suggested that Cleverley would start, in which case I imagine it'd be either him and Fletcher or, if Fergie's feeling confident about our defence, him and Scholes.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Seems that's the official name of the Stadium...but traditionally everyone has said Upton Park (location as opposed to actual name). Someone told me some history regarding 'Boleyn' once...something to do with the stadium being built on land previously occupied by someone with the surname 'Boleyn'. Maybe they're getting all historical (before they leave)?
What would Henry VIII do with Karren Brady? :smirk:

It could well be some nostalgia thing, it has certainly taken on great usage since Gold and Sullivan took over. And then as you say, off to...The Lord Coe Colosseum or Pie n Mash Park?

Legendz

Sorry I know this is annoying, how many hours unti KO?
Cheers.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Manchester United line-up:

De Gea - Smalling, Evans, Vidic, Buttner - Rafael, Scholes, Cleverley, Kagawa - Welbeck, Hernandez.

Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Valencia, Giggs, Young, van Persie, Macheda.

Baxter

v. WHU: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Smalling, Buttner, Scholes, Cleverley, Kagawa, Welbeck & Chicharito. #MUTV