West Ham vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Rest your entire team for the game vs City please!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
All our eggs are in the Champions League basket, don't give a shite about this one. Can see a tired performance, and we don't usually travel well to London, definitely a tough fixture following a Champions League game. See a draw myself, or maybe another loss. Think tonight has bought Moyes some breathing space anyway.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Would rest van Persie, but then again he might miss the match anyway. Would enjoy seeing Mata behind Rooney, and Valencia and Welbeck on the wings for pace.

Cal?

CR7 fan
We are getting Rues for one and selling the other. It doesn't really matter. :p
I'd personally like to see us go to even more extreme measure than Liverpool and Chelsea did in those 2 CL flukes.

Let's not play our first team AT ALL in the league and see what happens.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Ddg
Rafael-Jones-Rio-Buttner
----Fletcher-Cleverly----
Young----Mata----Januzaj
--------Rooney--------

Is what I would play. We need to rest some players for the City match as it's way more important.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Ddg
Rafael-Jones-Rio-Buttner
----Fletcher-Cleverly----
Young----Mata----Januzaj
--------Rooney--------

Is what I would play. We need to rest some players for the City match as it's way more important.
I don't know, beating City and somehow helping the Scousers along isn't the grandest idea, but if we somehow help Chelsea win the league...

Hmm...

Lu Tze

DDG
Rafael Jones CB Evra
Carrick Fellaini
Januzaj Mata Welbeck
Rooney
Got to guarantee we get these points. Stringing a few wins together is more important than resting players.

Cal?

CR7 fan
DDG
Rafael Jones CB Evra
Carrick Fellaini
Januzaj Mata Welbeck
Rooney
Got to guarantee we get these points. Stringing a few wins together is more important than resting players.
What good are these points? :confused:

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
DDG
Rafael Jones CB Evra
Carrick Fellaini
Januzaj Mata Welbeck
Rooney
Think Giggs deserves a start ahead of Fellaini, to be honest. But other than that this team is what I'd pick.

nemanja15

de Gea

Rafael
Jones
Evans/Smalling
Evra

Carrick
Fellaini

Januzaj
Mata
Welbeck

Rooney

SUBS: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Cleverley, Nani, Young, Kagawa, Hernandez.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think Giggs deserves a start ahead of Fellaini, to be honest. But other than that this team is what I'd pick.
Save Giggsy for the City game I'd say. We need some proper United people in that team who knows what it means to play City, not all big signings IMO.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Not two games in a space of 4 days, Twigg. Might be too much for his old legs.
Save Giggsy for the City game I'd say. We need some proper United people in that team who knows what it means to play City, not all big signings IMO.
Yeah I guess you're both right. I would save Giggs for the City game, too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De Gea
Rafael Jones Ferdinand Evra
Fellaini Carrick
Nani Mata Welbeck
Rooney

Don't risk RVP even if fit, rest Giggs for City game, defence there isn't really any other options. Use Kagawa for Nani if he's not ready, but he should be by now. Not sure how Valencia's eye is doing but he might start as well, if fit.

Lu Tze

We have the exact same team, down to the "CB".
I thought your CB summation was more appropriate than explaining that I'd have Smalling if fit, then Evans if fit, then Vidic if fit, then Ferdinand if fit. CB seemed more succint.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Feels weird not giving a single shite about the league anymore. That loss to Liverpool really hurt.

LR7

All our eggs are in the Champions League basket, don't give a shite about this one. Can see a tired performance, and we don't usually travel well to London, definitely a tough fixture following a Champions League game. See a draw myself, or maybe another loss. Think tonight has bought Moyes some breathing space anyway.
This sums it up really. I'm not expecting much, nor will it matter too much. I care about the City game though so I hope we rest our best players against West Ham.

Gerald G

De Gea
Rafael--Jones--Evans--Buttner
Carrick--Fellaini
Mata--Rooney--Kagawa
Welbeck

subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Cleverley, Fletcher, Young, Nani, Hernandez

Get the full-backs bombing forward. Try to play a possession game and pen West Ham back.

Last edited:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Rest your entire team for the game vs City please!
I think it's best United play their strongest team to get some momentum going. Their CL result will have given them confidence and a nice win here will hopefully have them flying and chomping at the bit against City.

Crashoutcassius

Would rest van Persie, but then again he might miss the match anyway. Would enjoy seeing Mata behind Rooney, and Valencia and Welbeck on the wings for pace.
Is this flavor of the month? Are we back to 'hope valencia never starts again' after west ham? Not having a go at you, but not often we've seen calls for a Valencia start the last few months

ryan_forlan

Gullible
We need to play Nani in this game and the home game against Villa. If Nani turns out to be even half as good as he can be in these two games. We can have a front four of Rooney, RVP, Welbeck and Nani for the UCL games.
This front four with Carrick and Fellaini behind them, will offer us our best chance of progressing.

Getsme

Evra shouldn't play again until the first leg of the UCL quarter final is finished.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
De Gea
Rafael Jones Smalling Evra
Fletcher Fellaini
Januzaj Mata Nani
Rooney

A hard fought 2-1 win for us.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
De Gea
Rafael Jones Smalling Evra
Fletcher Fellaini
Januzaj Mata Nani
Welbeck

I think we should rest both RvP & Rooney for this one.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Welbeck has to start all games for us. He is relatively fresh. Adds value to the team and needs the starts to win a starting role for england in World Cup.
I hope to see him in starting lineup vs City. Not that he is the kind who can't play 2 games in 4 days or anything, but at this stage I hope all of the squad has some minutes under their belt going into CL quarters. Nani needs game time as he will be needed in CL. West ham away and Villa home are ideal games for Nani to get some confidence going.

TheGame

We need to play Nani in this game and the home game against Villa. If Nani turns out to be even half as good as he can be in these two games. We can have a front four of Rooney, RVP, Welbeck and Nani for the UCL games.
This front four with Carrick and Fellaini behind them, will offer us our best chance of progressing.
Not a chance, that team would get torn apart in the CL, especially away from home. If we Barca for example, we would never see the ball. Carrick and Fellaini lack any sort of pace. For us to succeed in the CL, it would better to play 3 in the middle with one of them being Kagawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.