WEuros 2022 | England v Germany - it c*me h*me

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Well done to the England team. A fantastic achievement and real feel-good story. They deserve all the accolades that are coming their way.

Of course there will always be band-wagon jumpers; I remember plenty of people singing ‘swing low sweet chariot’ (only the first couple of lines) after the 2003 Rugby World Cup win, who couldn’t name a single player on the team other than Johnny Wilkinson.

But with women’s football in the country already having made huge strides especially in-spite of the efforts of the FA at times, hopefully this results in greater interest in the domestic league pyramid, at grass roots level etc.

dronesoul

How is that a clear penalty. It’s literally a yard away and it is not even clear the ball hits below her shoulder . VAR did have a look and that’s not a penalty in a million years
Easy, it’s a player who’s not a goalkeeper but obviously making a save like goalkeeper. And, exactly like you stated, it’s very close to the goal, which means any block with an arm not held close to your body is extremely game changing.

If that was the goalkeeper we’d call it a save. It doesn’t matter if she’s doing it on purpose or not, we’d still call that a save.

Anything that’s a save but wasn’t made by a goalkeeper is a penalty. And, if it was a purposeful movement, a red card as well (it wasn’t this time).

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Russo's goal, despite her attempts to play it down has won UEFA's goal of the tournament. She's got another goal in there as well. Toone's final goal is there as well.

Meanwhile, Mary Earps makes it into team of the tournament.

Obviously, everyone knows that Toone and Russo will come on at 55 minutes :D

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Id say Ella Toone's goal in the final is pretty underrated there - arguably more difficult to finish that than Russo's back heel

phelans shorts

If that was the goalkeeper we’d call it a save. It doesn’t matter if she’s doing it on purpose or not, we’d still call that a save.

Anything that’s a save but wasn’t made by a goalkeeper is a penalty. And, if it was a purposeful movement, a red card as well (it wasn’t this time).
Goalkeepers make saves with their legs/bodies literally every game.

It was never a red card, and a penalty itself is debatable at best

dronesoul

Goalkeepers make saves with their legs/bodies literally every game.

It was never a red card, and a penalty itself is debatable at best
I do not understand how you somehow managed to come to the conclusion that I don't know that. I never said they didn't so not sure what you're on about.

phelans shorts

I do not understand how you somehow managed to come to the conclusion that I don't know that. I never said they didn't so not sure what you're on about.
There you go.