What’s the reasons for keeping Ole?

Rafaeldagold

I’m actually confused as to why as one of the biggest club in the world we’re about to meander into another season with:

Lack of confidence

Poor form

Too many average players

No sense of a style for the team being imposed

Why are we backing Ole to turn this around when we finished the season so poorly? Are we really going to trust a novice manager with rebuilding just because he used to play for us?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I’m actually confused as to why as one of the biggest club in the world we’re about to meander into another season with:

Lack of confidence

Poor form

Too many average players

No sense of a style for the team being imposed

Why are we backing Ole to turn this around when we finished the season so poorly? Are we really going to trust a novice manager with rebuilding just because he used to play for us?
a) good football at first.
b) you know he's going to care regardless of what happens.
c) ran out of options, which I said we would as far back as in LvG era when we bought into players pathetic laments and blame it all on the manager.

Rafaeldagold

a) good football at first.
b) you know he's going to care regardless of what happens.
c) ran out of options, which I said we would as far back as in LvG era when we bought into players pathetic laments and blame it all on the manager.
Where’s the good football? I haven’t seen it- we look clueless

red4ever 79

Can only judge Ole by December I think. Terrible end to the season though. Let's see how he does with the recruitment and setting us up. If by December we havent improved and are still seeing the likes of Young, Jones, Lingard in our starting XI then we can judge him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We've tried everything else and nothing seems to work. This is the equivalent of knocking the whole thing down with a sledgehammer and starting again.

fergiesarmy1

Can only judge Ole by December I think. Terrible end to the season though. Let's see how he does with the recruitment and setting us up. If by December we havent improved and are still seeing the likes of Young, Jones, Lingard in our starting XI then we can judge him.
I don’t blame him one bit for that horrible end to the season, the players stopped trying. Not much he could do from there, he will need a good start however so this summer is crucial for him. Not happy with our progress on that front so far but it’s still early.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
So we don’t look like mugs. We just gave him a contract few months ago and sacking him now will just show how incompetent our board is in making decisions. I believe next season is a write of season with little expectation. We already aiming for top four trophy rather than the league title, so our standards has clearly dropped. If we had hired someone like Pochettino, we would be aiming for the champions league and the the title. I don’t recognize this United club anymore. We had the opportunity to put us back where we are suppose to be but we messed that up. Let’s hope Ole can do a Zidane and if we have tons of great talent in this team, he can motivate them to perform.

fergiesarmy1

So we don’t look like mugs. We just gave him a contract few months ago and sacking him now will just show how incompetent our board is in making decisions. I believe next season is a write of season with little expectation. We already aiming for top four trophy rather than the league title, so our standards has clearly dropped. If we had hired someone like Pochettino, we would be aiming for the champions league and the the title. I don’t recognize this United club anymore. We had the opportunity to put us back where we are suppose to be but we messed that up. Let’s hope Ole can do a Zidane and if we have tons of great talent in this team, he can motivate them to perform.
What makes you think pochettino would come here? He could be managing the champions of Europe next season (touch wood) in a shiny new stadium that serves beer from hogwarts and has a team of exciting players on an upward curve

passing-wind

Rushed appointment irrespective of the start Ole didn't and hasn't deserved the job on the premise of his overall tenure since taking over Jose, the sentimental aspect of being a previous employee for the club has nothing to do with that fact.

It doesn't matter who we hired for next season, it was always going to be a transition the problem is we are trusting a manager with absolutely no pedigree with massive resources to triumph what three managers have failed consecutively to do. It's almost something of a fairytale.

This "good football" argument is nonsense and drivel that is spearheaded by delusion. Since Ole came in the only good football we have witnessed was the fixture against Cardiff. It is a myth for others to suggest we have played any good football under Ole.

The foundation of good football should be the measurement of possession, build up play, crafting chances and scoring goals. Liverpool / City play good football, Napoli played good football (Sarri), Arsenal early 2000's played good football, our 2008 campaign good football, Barcelona under the tiki taka system was good football, 80's Milan good football, 70's Brazil etc. Whenever has sitting off / deep and playing on a counter ever been considered good football ? That is a false narrative people have come up with.

While Solskjaer was many fans first choices and others last, the fact remains that he is the manager and all we can do is support him. We need to break this cycle of mediocrity in the team, even if Ole provides a platform for another manager to improve upon that is good enough In my opinion, not expecting a miracle when he's proven little in his managerial career.

Deery

Dreary
If no one expects him to do well then why do we expect the board to hand him £250m in transfer fees?
I think it’s safe to say we won’t be getting any of the top targets people think we’re going to get, unless the signings are Ed Woodward’s which leaves me thinking Ole will be nothing but a ‘yes’ man.

Pace Abuser

A lot of us are tired of backing and supporting terrible appointments and decisions. Ole is shite.

The club is forced to stick with him because they made an emotional decision based on not enough information.

aTimeRemnant

• We had good form initially, but I think we started to lose matches due to a lack of fitness, which Ole has been spouting out about, talking about how he can't wait for preseason to raise the fitness levels of the team. Obviously isn't the only factor but is a big one imo
  • Built/rebuilt good teams at Molde and took them from midtable to winning the league, showing he is capable of a rebuild job
  • Keep in mind, the quality of the squad. Full of deadwood, lazy, stubborn, awful players. It was a miracle we even had good form to begin with, and the last few months showed us the level we were really at. You can't expect Ole to win matches consistently with this squad
  • Trusts in youth, attacking football etc. - things we want to see at United

Reactions: Penna

fergiesarmy1

A lot of us are tired of backing and supporting terrible appointments and decisions. Ole is shite.
The players are shite that is proven over the last 6 seasons, you can’t call Ole shite on the basis of that last dozen or so games

Canagel

The players that he might sign and let go. If he recruits proper ballers and shifts some deadwood it'll leave good enough foundation for his successor- even if he flops himself or fails to improve the football. No more links with trash like Willian, Persic and Savic is a good start.

IrishRedDevil

The reason is the club blew their load far far too early by making him permanent, so we must stick by the decision even if it was a bad one.

100% he wouldn’t have got the permanent job if they rightly waited to all games were played.

svn

Why are you choosing now to post this? And what are you trying to achieve?

We're going to start the season with Ole in charge. At least see how we start the season before throwing your toys out of the pram.

fergiesarmy1

The reason is the club blew their load far far too early by making him permanent, so we must stick by the decision even if it was a bad one.

100% he wouldn’t have got the permanent job if they rightly waited to all games were played.
And that’s ed’s fault not Ole’s - chances are the season wouldn’t have ended so badly if they hadn’t rushed that decision but like you say we are we are and have to back him 110% now, if we don’t this will become a bigger freak show than it already is

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why are we keeping a guy who we only appointed permanently two months ago, and he hasn't even bought one player in yet?

Well..i think the answers are fairly obvious.

el3mel

We have nothing else to do at the moment. We decided to take the experiment and will probably have to see its results before taking a decision.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

The club is forced to stick with him because they made an emotional decision based on not enough information.
The irony of course is that you're doing exactly what you're accusing the board of doing in your second line.

Indnyc

Here is why I think Ole is a good decision

a) Next season is going to be tough irrespective of who came. No good manager wants to come in when the club is in a mess from top to bottom

b) Hiring a manager who has a good connection with the Club gives us time to sort out player contracts, cleanse the recruitment policy, and make systematic changes to our structure

c) Worst case scenario we miss out on Top 4 again next year but at least we’ll have a squad which is in better shape (fitness and personnel wise)

At the end of the year or in December we’ll have clearer picture of where we are with Ole. If he does well, it gives us an opportunity to continue to grow. If he fails, we tried something different, got rid of some deadwood, and have fitter players which makes it easier for the next manager in.

In all of this, Ole is pretty much one of the most successful ex United players turned to coaches who is in touch with modern times. Whatever else happens, if he isn’t the right man for the job he’ll leave.

Give the guy a chance before writing his obituary.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Oh good, an Ole thread. We've only had 74 created since his appointment.

meninred

What’s the reasons for keeping Ole ? Well he signed a contract - as simple as that

Pace Abuser

The irony of course is that you're doing exactly what you're accusing the board of doing in your second line.
Ole has shown nothing in the EPL or anywhere of large scale merit. Clubs employ based on having a CV, not winging it about being a legend.

There's no irony in calling someone who has shown nothing shite, the idiocy is believing he'll miraculously come good. We're the only club who's appointed a manager with a cv that would get him thrown out of every other top club with raucous laughter .

Infra-red

The board can't possibly sack him so soon after appointing him - it would be an embarrassing admission of incompetence, for which they'd be rightly castigated.

They will stick it out now, at least until new year.

Rafaeldagold

Why are you choosing now to post this? And what are you trying to achieve?

We're going to start the season with Ole in charge. At least see how we start the season before throwing your toys out of the pram.
Why now? Because I’m sick of this club making ridiculous decisions which will put us further behind everyone else- Why do we have to start with Ole? If the board wanted to they could make a change - perhaps if they saw the fanbase more concerned they might consider it but everyone has written off next season already which is ridiculous.

If caring about the team is ‘throwing my toys out of the pram’ Then so be it- of course I’ll support Ole & the team if we start next season with him- it’s just frustrating when it’s clearly not in the best interests of the club

Rafaeldagold

The board can't possibly sack him so soon after appointing him - it would be an embarrassing admission of incompetence, for which they'd be rightly castigated.

They will stick it out now, at least until new year.
If that’s a reason for keeping him & wasting another season..I mean how sad & pathetic that would be for a reason. The board need to do what’s right for the club- irrespective if they look stupid

AJ10

Ole has shown nothing in the EPL or anywhere of large scale merit. Clubs employ based on having a CV, not winging it about being a legend.

There's no irony in calling someone who has shown nothing shite, the idiocy is believing he'll miraculously come good. We're the only club who's appointed a manager with a cv that would get him thrown out of every other top club with raucous laughter .
Simply not true.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
One of the major things boards have to do is to protect overzealous fanbases from themselves. In 1989 they succeeded in doing this, and never sacked Fergie despite immense fan pressure, and as a result you are now as spoiled as you are.

In 2018/19 they failed in doing this, and due to fan pressure you now have Ole at the wheel.

Also, if you sacked him now, other managers may be weary of taking a job where they may be fired after an not-overall-terrible start, even when there are strong extenuating circumstances like not being able to bring in your own players.

RoyH1

What's the reason for keeping Ole? Well besides him having a contract?

Who would you get? Who would want to come here with our current ownership/upper management setup that would be a significant upgrade?

It's not that easy to find top level managers. And in a year where the Juventus/Barcelona/Chelsea jobs might be available, it's even harder to attract them.

Before someone comes in here with the cringeworthy "we can pay them more" line, I'd just point out that having someone here for the money as the primus motor, is hardly an encouraging thing moving forward.