Music What are we listening to?

pillory

Something for Joey- Mercury Rev

YES! One of the greatest songs ever. When time travel is invented I'll just go back to 1993 to see Mercury Rev live. Which feels slightly evil since they were completely fecked up at the time and won't even talk about that period now, much less play songs from BOCES, but they were amazing back then (and probably awful most of the time, but utterly amazing when they were on).

JohnLocke

Thats a fecking epic track mate. Every now and then I have a Joy Division return.

Wished I could have seen them live was a bit too young.
It really is a belter of a tune. I haven't heard it in a few years and only stumbled across it again when I was listening to the Gary Numan song I posted.

I wasn't even alive when Joy Division were together. Sad shame the way things turned out for them. Poor sod was only 23 as well :(

JohnLocke

Drainy

YES! One of the greatest songs ever. When time travel is invented I'll just go back to 1993 to see Mercury Rev live. Which feels slightly evil since they were completely fecked up at the time and won't even talk about that period now, much less play songs from BOCES, but they were amazing back then (and probably awful most of the time, but utterly amazing when they were on).

Chasing a Bee is one of my favourite songs ever. Love the schizophrenic nature of it. Melody clashing with noise.