What can you do to force changes at United?

Spoony

The People's President
Keep making the same angry and in some cases abusive posts in the United forum - that'll show them?

Go to the States and stalk Joel?

Buy United? That's it! Let's have whip round, surely we can muster 4 billion quid?

We've got the collective IQ of a thousand fizzy cola bottles. Let's make that change.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It is said that Football Manager ratings can effect real life - Moyes said so. So why not go into the editor and make that Arnold fella 20-rated in scouting potential and negotiating. Then make Glazers a 5 for patience.

spiriticon

Nothing. And the caf will be much happier when that sinks in. Just enjoy the ride, support the team and let your frustrations out on the caf when it gets too much :lol:

Maybe there's a couple of you lot willing to get a corporate job in the club and work your way up to replacing Arnold as CEO someday?

SirAF

Ageist
It is said that Football Manager ratings can effect real life - Moyes said so. So why not go into the editor and make that Arnold fella 20-rated in scouting potential and negotiating. Then make Glazers a 5 for patience.
:D

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Season tickets owners are the only determining piece, they are the only meaningful people that can make the optics bad enough that the owners understand that they need to be proactive and efficient. Now I geti it, most of these fans grew up during the golden age of United and think that supporting the club is just about cuddly love and no tough love, I am the same with the MHR but they need to know that they hold the keys.

spiriticon

The Glazers are thick-skinned unfortunately. There's been so many Green and Gold protests by match going fans but I don't think we've even come close to them thinking about selling the club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think the protests died too early and spokespersons allowed our club protests to be ESL related when it was just the straw breaking the camels back.

What we should have done, or should do, is bring back these protests with more clarity on what we want by way of change. Demand a better footballing infrastructure with best in class personnel.

95% of us know its daft to have people learning on the job but we wont fight it because they're ex players. That needs to go out the window and we need to make it known that we wont stand for novices like Fletcher, Ole, Carrick etc. Across the board.

Also I do get the fall out from protests in distracting from the season and that. But they are meant to be inconvenient and the rational is for the long term health of the club.

I do think something needs to be done though, that is for certain. We have quietened down from a couple fancy transfers and sent Glazers a message that we only need some shiny toy to jingle infront of us to shut us up.

devips

Can we crank up the level of abuse in our posts to see if it works?

Some of us are already trying that, I can see!

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nothing, even if match going fans turned it wouldn’t make a difference, it’s up to the Glazers or whoever makes the football decisions at the club to replace Ole.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nothing, even if match going fans turned it wouldn’t make a difference, it’s up to the Glazers or whoever makes the football decisions at the club to replace Ole.
Match going fans can easily turn a board in the direction they want though. Its not a good commercial look to see fans in the stadium revolting.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can we crank up the level of abuse in our posts to see if it works?

Some of us are already trying that, I can see!
Dont really enjoy posts like these. A lot of posters may show displeasure here but just because thats all you see, it doesnt mean they arent trying to partake in any other activity that can lead to meaningful change.

K Stand Knut

Season tickets owners are the only determining piece, they are the only meaningful people that can make the optics bad enough that the owners understand that they need to be proactive and efficient. Now I geti it, most of these fans have grew up during the golden age of United and think that supporting the club is just about cuddly love and no tough love, I am the same with the MHR but they need to know that they hold the keys.
Couldn’t further from the truth. match going fans are the least of the clubs/Glazers concerns.

1. they couldn’t care less about the match going fans
2. The revenue generated from match going fans is so low in comparison to other income that they’ll happily live without out and just make it up somewhere else in some for or other

they have shown over recent years that they only really care when there if a huge drop off in revenue such as no CL football and the potential massive drop off from sponsors i.e. adidas. I’m not sure what match going fans fall in to that category.

In fact, I’d argue that they would happily feck match going fans over as much as they could. They’d happily just sell the massive games to corporates for larger amounts and have empty stadiums for the poor games.

Match going fans can help but they are in disarray most of the time

Zen86

Forcing the match postponement last season was an effective attention grabber, but they rode that one out easily enough. Fan discontent can easily be bought off, which they know full well.

Dec9003

Match going fans can easily turn a board in the direction they want though. Its not a good commercial look to see fans in the stadium revolting.
Maybe but I doubt it, look at the people hired around Ole, ex players like Darren Fletcher coming to the club as ‘technical director’ I feel like everyone above Ole at the club are his mates. I don’t think it’s as simple as the fans booing or walking out (which they have) and we get a new manager. The change will have to come from the people that actually make the decisions, not us.

JPRouve

Scout
Couldn’t further from the truth. match going fans are the least of the clubs/Glazers concerns.

2. The revenue generated from match going fans is so low in comparison to other income that they’ll happily live without out and just make it up somewhere else in some for or other

they have shown over recent years that they only really care when there if a huge drop off in revenue such as no CL football and the potential massive drop off from sponsors i.e. adidas. I’m not sure what match going fans fall in to that category.

In fact, I’d argue that they would happily feck match going fans over as much as they could. They’d happily just sell the massive games to corporates for larger amounts and have empty stadiums for the poor games.

The point isn't about them caring about the match going fans, the Glazers care about optics. And sponsors care about optics.

Someone

Something
Match going fans are the key. The Super League protests had a good impact. The club doesn't seem to respond to internet outrage if the match going fans paints a picture of a united front.

steffyr2

We could try being nice to the Glazers.

Crazy talk I know, but if they were more encouraged to come to games, there would be more chances to influence things. As it is, Utd fans wanted them to stay away. Now they've got what they wanted.

JPRouve

Scout
Match going fans are the key. The Super League protests had a good impact. The club doesn't seem to respond to internet outrage if the match going fans paints a picture of a united front.
The thing about only support is that we are easily dismissed and berated, you just have to look at Andy Mitten who happily shit on us whenever we say something he disagrees with and he does it by questioning our integrity. From a corporate standpoint online support is great because it's a huge argument when it comes to bringing sponsors and also very easily dismissed as trolls or gloryhunters when the mood isn't in favour of the club's actions. So yeah, we are useless in that domain.

Season ticket owners are a different story because they are a constant during a given season, they are not anonymous and they can easily shape the mood around the club infront of cameras and microphones almost every weeks. Which is one of the worst things for corporate people that are in the sports entertainment business.

youmeletsfly

We can't do jack shit but City, Arsenal and Chelsea can do us a favour in the next few games, fingers crossed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
First sentence nails it - if people keep posting on here with random angry thoughts then we'll eventually win the league.
The forum is a release for some people. Most i'd imagine don't have united supporting friends or family that they can moan along with.

I really don't understand this attitude that only sunshine and rainbows is allowed. Sitting here pretending everything is fine isn't better either.

The reality is there needs to be a balance - but I can understand why many fans are feeling frustrated right now. We're essentially a 12" monster wang that can only get a semi.

Green_Red

Buy Sancho, he is the most talented young footballer of his generation!

Revaulx

Maybe but I doubt it, look at the people hired around Ole, ex players like Darren Fletcher coming to the club as ‘technical director’ I feel like everyone above Ole at the club are his mates. I don’t think it’s as simple as the fans booing or walking out (which they have) and we get a new manager. The change will have to come from the people that actually make the decisions, not us.
I reckon our only hope is that at some time in the future we get a manager who has the tact and gravitas to gain the Glazer’s trust (e.g. not Conte) but also the knowledge and wisdom to be able to tell them some home truths and persuade them that it’s in their interests to sort things out. Who this might be I have no idea. Allegri maybe; he’s had to deal with Berlusconi after all. Though Allegri comes with plenty of managerial downsides and the risk would be huge. Wenger as an interim maybe, though like SAF I suspect he’s more of a doer than a mentor or teacher.

JPRouve

Scout
The forum is a release for some people. Most i'd imagine don't have united supporting friends or family that they can moan along with.

I really don't understand this attitude that only sunshine and rainbows is allowed. Sitting here pretending everything is fine isn't better either.

The reality is there needs to be a balance - but I can understand why many fans are feeling frustrated right now. We're essentially a 12" monster wang that can only get a semi.
I'm never telling you anything personal again.

Dec9003

I reckon our only hope is that at some time in the future we get a manager who has the tact and gravitas to gain the Glazer’s trust (e.g. not Conte) but also the knowledge and wisdom to be able to tell them some home truths and persuade them that it’s in their interests to sort things out. Who this might be I have no idea. Allegri maybe; he’s had to deal with Berlusconi after all. Though Allegri comes with plenty of managerial downsides and the risk would be huge. Wenger as an interim maybe, though like SAF I suspect he’s more of a doer than a mentor or teacher.
Yeah, I think we’re just waiting and hoping a manager like Klopp becomes available like he was for Liverpool. When Rodgers got the sack their board was hated, but they’re only ever one world class managerial appointment from being seen as a good board with a good plan.

Hawks2008

Why force action? Don't boo or complain just enjoy the poor performances and get excited for the next poor performance :)

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

This is all that really needs to be said in this thread.

Revaulx

You seem to be under the impression that the Glazers are ruthless bastards who exploit the fans’ nostalgia and sentimentality for commercial reasons. And there’s no doubt that it’s useful to them.

Letting a culture of cronyism develop in an organisation is usually a sign of weakness and complacency, not one of hard-headed ruthlessness. And I’m not sure they would want empty stadiums at all, even though in the greater scheme of things it wouldn’t cost them a lot. Much of the PR is built on the illusion of a “happy family”. They aren’t going to want to lose that; hence why they re-signed Ronaldo.

Dec9003

The fans walked out and we got pasted off Liverpool and he survived. No amount of booing or walking out will make a difference I don’t think sadly.

RetroStu

Basically not going to the games. If Old Trafford was suddenly half empty a few games ina row, the board would act instantly if that happened.
Of course with all the tourist factor, and superfans, that would never happen.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Season tickets owners are the only determining piece, they are the only meaningful people that can make the optics bad enough that the owners understand that they need to be proactive and efficient. Now I geti it, most of these fans grew up during the golden age of United and think that supporting the club is just about cuddly love and no tough love, I am the same with the MHR but they need to know that they hold the keys.
Match going fans pay a small fortune in order to go and watch their team play. It should be, where possible, an enjoyable experience. Spending that time booing the manager or whatever isn't particularly appealing. Leaving, as we did, while receiving a drumming from our fiercest rivals is as good a protest as any; and that didn't seem to work.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The protests last spring were incredibly effective. The biggest issue is obviously the owners, but I could see it as a realistic aim to force them to appoint an actual DoF who works with a budget but is the final authority on all footballing decisions. We need to get the idiots out of the decision making process when it comes to managerial hires, transfer fees and contract negotiations. We may already have those people at the club (Murtough) but it's highly unlikely they are in positions of final authority.

I was trying to make this point on here recently with the new DoF thread.