What can you do to force changes at United?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You seem to be under the impression that the Glazers are ruthless bastards who exploit the fans’ nostalgia and sentimentality for commercial reasons. And there’s no doubt that it’s useful to them.

Letting a culture of cronyism develop in an organisation is usually a sign of weakness and complacency, not one of hard-headed ruthlessness. And I’m not sure they would want empty stadiums at all, even though in the greater scheme of things it wouldn’t cost them a lot. Much of the PR is built on the illusion of a “happy family”. They aren’t going to want to lose that; hence why they re-signed Ronaldo.
They also wouldn't like an entire half where the fans sing songs about how shite the Glazers are and then the second half how shite the manager is. You need to do that despite results, you don't celebrate if we score but boo. At the end of the day fans are unabling them by being fickle and celebrating small events and ignoring the larger picture.

Giggsyking

To start with, the match going fans, instead of brainless clapping like seals they should show their anger when served this shit on a stick week in week out.

Mainoldo

Everyone send my £10 each. I’ll buy the club.

Also PM if you would like a job. I’ll do a complete overall. Replace the bankers with RedCafe army.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Match going fans pay a small fortune in order to go and watch their team play. It should be, where possible, an enjoyable experience. Spending that time booing the manager or whatever isn't particularly appealing. Leaving, as we did, while receiving a drumming from our fiercest rivals is as good a protest as any; and that didn't seem to work.
Leaving once is nothing and it's definitely not as good a protest as any, it's very tame in the football world. And I get why they don't, I'm simply stating the fact that among all fans they are the ones with actual almost immediate power, the rest of fans are at their mercy.

studs

The good thing about the internet is we have the power of social media. Bombard the sponsors, fill the internet with a platora of Shit.

Revaulx

Match going fans pay a small fortune in order to go and watch their team play. It should be, where possible, an enjoyable experience. Spending that time booing the manager or whatever isn't particularly appealing.
True. Doesn’t mean that fans won’t be moaning like hell while waiting for the tram afterwards though.
Leaving, as we did, while receiving a drumming from our fiercest rivals is as good a protest as any; and that didn't seem to work.
Well not immediately. It won’t have been missed though, and we all know how glacial the decision making process is at United.

minoo-utd

Match going fans action needed, and strong action and for Christ sakes I wish that they stop Ole at the wheel chant.

Maticmaker

First find an old oil-lamp, then give it a rub, and then ask the Genie that appears, what can s/he do for United with your three wishes...?
Chance's are they will say.... "sorry that's not enough, to bring about the change you want.... please let me get back in the lamp"! :confused:

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Our match going fans are to nice just like Ole. Nice guys always finish last they said. Or in a fotball world: everything but 1st.

Dante

Average bang
Keep making the same angry and in some cases abusive posts in the United forum - that'll show them?

Go to the States and stalk Joel?

Buy United? That's it! Let's have whip round, surely we can muster 4 billion quid?

We've got the collective IQ of a thousand fizzy cola bottles. Let's make that change.
People 'review bomb' films/TV/games they don't like on websites IMDB or Steam. Basically, if it's rated as a 7/10 and you think it should be a 6/10, you give it a score of 0/10 in order to correct the imbalance.

So the internet is a place where there are no shades of grey. Everything is a battle between extremists shouting at each other and the side with the most extremists win.

The best thing Caf posters can do is to abandon all nuance or intelligent debate, and spew the most one-sided opinion possible. That's the only way they can shift the needle in the direction they want. Ole's the anti-Christ and he ate my hamster.

IrishRedDevil

Become a professional footballer, score winning goal in stoppage time of a Champions League Final, become a manager, relegate a team, manage another random team in Norway, be rewarded with one of the biggest jobs in football, then be a crap manager and smileee. Sign CR7 and let him do everything. Problem solved.

Spoony

The People's President
I've got it. Eureka!!!!! Why don't we will United to lose games consequently prompting change at Old Trafford?

I'll start I want City to beat us.

I've done my bit...

Redlyn

Match going fans hold the key. Not by boycotting but by being vocal against Ole. Consistently, win or lose. Along the lines of "Ole our CL hero but right now really needs to go"

When fans have had enough, they are vocal,booing, Anti chants, massive billboards, flyovers, pitch invasions etc. They are a proper nuisance.

They haven't had enough yet. Disgruntled, but not hit rock bottom since we are still papering and winning the odd games.

Spoony

The People's President
How about watching City matches instead? This way we'd bring down the board and make City weaker.

Matthew84!

Why would anyone want to force changes?
If we don't win anything this season Ole will go and all the plastics will get their wish and if we win something everyone will be happy for a while, that's until the Plastics are complaining why aren't we winning more, like Utd have a divine right to win anything.
Remember its just a game and life goes on

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
What some folks have failed to realize is that yelling and screaming at each other in here isn't going to change anything. Ole isn't going anywhere anytime soon and we're all on the same boat.
We're all in here disagreeing and arguing and that won't change a single thing.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Think the match going fans have the most say in this. Either boo the team, come in with banners or simply don't buy tickets/turn up. I think I saw a couple of fans waving white flags against Liverpool - maybe that could grab the attention of the scumbag owners if the majority in the stadium do it.

wattsy7

Us match going fans have all the power ahahahaha !!!!!!! I’m never going to boo or leave Old Trafford early just to piss you plastics off ahahahahaaa.

Sorry, supporting Ole in this forum is beginning to make me feel like a bond villain.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
You seem to be under the impression that the Glazers are ruthless bastards who exploit the fans’ nostalgia and sentimentality for commercial reasons. And there’s no doubt that it’s useful to them.

Letting a culture of cronyism develop in an organisation is usually a sign of weakness and complacency, not one of hard-headed ruthlessness. And I’m not sure they would want empty stadiums at all, even though in the greater scheme of things it wouldn’t cost them a lot. Much of the PR is built on the illusion of a “happy family”. They aren’t going to want to lose that; hence why they re-signed Ronaldo.
This is the key issue, too much nostagia at Utd. as demonstrated by the hero-worship of one man. One man who was there when the Glazers came in and who is still making big decisions now such as the phonecall to Ronaldo (costing £1.2 million a month) for example. Yes, it seems to be working out at pressent, but as the Guardian guy Jonathan Leiw says today: "Ronaldo will solve the problems that Ronaldo creates."

Man Utd. need to stop the sentimentality and become much more ruthless, telling their most successful ex-Manager to just enjoy his retirement and stop getting involved with the club (his methods probably wouldn't work in 2021 anyway) needs to be the the starting point. I can't believe it, it is literally history actually repeating itself, but instead of 'Sir Matt Busby's office', we have 'Sir Alex Ferguson's' parking space.

Nobody should be bigger than the club, players, ex-players or even ex-managers.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Apparently if you booooo enough it works that or just tell match day goers what to do.
We could get relegated on the last day of the season and a large contingent of fans would still be singing Ole’s at the wheel,