What do people see in Lindelof?

What is your opinion on Lindelof?

• Total voters

Irwin99

Doubt he'll settle for being a squad player. He'll move to another champions league club in a year's time because he's actually a very decent defender.

JakeTheRed

Doubt he'll settle for being a squad player. He'll move to another champions league club in a year's time because he's actually a very decent defender.
I find it incredible how people think he's a very decent defender. Do you watch us play? He's slow, he loses headers all the time, he get's taken on by players consistently & turns the wrong way and does these random Lindelof backwards 360's ?????

bUt wE bOuGhT hIm tO pAsS

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The clown could've bought Maguire for 12m the same summer we went and dropped 35m on Lindelof.
He saw Maguire and Robertson bully us 3 times in a 2 week span and decided not to sign either of them. He could've got both for less than Lindelof cost, he has no one to blame but himself.

MrBrightside1989

Lindelof is a good player to have in the squad and is a solid option to rotate in at times as required. He will likely leave next season once Varane settles and I believe he could do extremely well on the continent.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's decent and will provide a good cover for Maguire - Varane. He'll play a decent number of games I think, especially in the cups.
Isn't made for EPL but can do a job.

It's a miracle Maguire stayed fit forever now. Our defence would be a bad joke without him.

hobbers

I think Lindelof is probably the best bet as our third centreback if we ever go 3 at the back.

Lindelof/McTominay -- Varane -- Maguire/Shaw

Though who would play centrally is probably something that would be dependent on the opponent.

izec

Finally on the bench. If he was as great as his fans think, he wouldnt be replaced with such an obvious upgrade as Varane

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I think Lindelof is probably the best bet as our third centreback if we ever go 3 at the back.

Lindelof/McTominay -- Varane -- Maguire/Shaw

Though who would play centrally is probably something that would be dependent on the opponent.
I don't think 3 at the back suits our CBs, but Matic would be my preferred choice. Better on the ball and less space to mark could help him.

Paul_Scholes18

I think he has a chance to take a spot over Varane and Maguire if they show bad form. No convinced Varane will be that great, but it is good to have 3 good options.

If we have 3 good options now without spending an insane amount on Varane that should make us stronger if Ole can manage them better than he has.

Blood Mage

He'd be a fantastic CB in Spain/France/Italy. Unfortunately the English game is hell for short, weak defenders.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He'd be a fantastic CB in Spain/France/Italy. Unfortunately the English game is hell for short, weak defenders.
Spain/Germany. There's some massive lads up top in both Italy and France. He'd get bullied there too.

Lindelof is the ideal CB to play against a false 9, his defensive positioning is exceptional. He's just not good at actual defending.

wolvored

Yes like others I dont think he will be happy as backup. We have given Bailley a new contract and he doesnt seem to mind being backup. It wouldnt surprise me if he was sold even in this window if we get Verane. Put the money towards a DM/CM or RB

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Varane and Maguire with Lindelof as back up is superb.

SATA

To answer the thread question, nothing

Bin him off to whoever wants him. I don’t even want him as backup. I doubt he’ll be happy staying as backup too

TheRedHearted

To answer the thread question, nothing

Bin him off to whoever wants him. I don’t even want him as backup. I doubt he’ll be happy staying as backup too
With Tuanzebe on loan who is our depth in CB? Only bially and lindelof. Kounde would be great business

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Oh the scenes if Ole actually replaces Maguire with Varane instead of this guy.

swedishgloryhunter

Yes like others I dont think he will be happy as backup. We have given Bailley a new contract and he doesnt seem to mind being backup. It wouldnt surprise me if he was sold even in this window if we get Verane. Put the money towards a DM/CM or RB
Its been stories out he wants more regular playtime.

swedishgloryhunter

Victor isnt a bad defender and I really can't understand why people slag him off for a picture in a dress. I hope he moves to spain where he will do wonders in a less physical League.

Halftrack

Victor isnt a bad defender and I really can't understand why people slag him off for a picture in a dress. I hope he moves to spain where he will do wonders in a less physical League.
Haha, it's hilarious! He's a girl you see, a woman! Plays like one too haha.

(is probably the thinking behind it.)

Robaldo

Far too good to be a substitute all season and would have reasonable re-sale value, so all points to a departure either this summer or next.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's a quality third-choice CB. The problem was only ever that he was one of our starters, which he wasn't good enough to be.

In fact he's likely slightly too good to happily stay here as back-up for too long. Suspect we'll see him move on in a few transfer windows' time to a club where he's in the first team, which will be a decent-level European side.

ghagua

I had wanted VVD since he was at Celtic and looked like a classy player, then again when he was at Southampton and instead we signed Lindelof. I have been slating him ever since, but I would keep him as a backup. I have seen Tuanzebe and also Meng and they do not really make me think they are ready for that role. Been impressed with Will Fish and hope he gets chances to stake his claim. Bailly, I'm not even counting on him and he should be flogged off as soon as possible.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Far too good to be a substitute all season and would have reasonable re-sale value, so all points to a departure either this summer or next.
Why is it people are so quick to sell our players as soon as we sign an upgrade? You need a squad over the course of the season not just 11 players

City have got Dias, Stones & Laporte (plus Ake)
Liverpool have got VVD, Konate & Gomes (plus Matip)
Chelsea have got Silva, Rudiger & Christensen (plus Zouma)

We absolutely need to keep Lindelof

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Why is it people are so quick to sell our players as soon as we sign an upgrade? You need a squad over the course of the season not just 11 players

Agreed, we absolutely need to keep Lindelof... for now.

chris123

A quality third option at centre back and he's probably our best option at the moment as a backup to AWB as well. I'm sure he will get a lot of game time still and he's well suited to the position he is now in. Whether he would prefer to be starting regularly elsewhere is another story.

RedDevil@84

Why is it people are so quick to sell our players as soon as we sign an upgrade?
Noo.. If someone doesn't like a player, they want him gone. Or come up with ridiculous justification that crocked Bailly and Axel can handle things.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Lets see if he shifts up a few gears and compete for the CB spot. Competition alwayd does wonders.

Robaldo

Tbf I've not said that we should sell Lindelof, or that we wouldn't need a replacement. Rather, I've said that he's an asset who won't be happy spending his peak on the bench, and at some point we'll sell.