What do the Glazers think of all this?

fadas

fecking trying to rub people's nose in it cos they wouldn't pay anymore as if a great win against City makes up for the complete shambles the club is in and the fact we're being stolen from every day.... it's some fecking attitude for a supposed fellow Red to have.

AgainstAllOdds

I'm not wumming at all. When someone has insults and messages of hate scrawled on the walls of their home, that's when you know that things have gone too far. Attempting to cause someone to become fearful for their life by painting 'Judas' onto their house is the cowardly act of a spine-less wretch, and, in my mind, anyone who's impressed by or condones this kind of narrow-minded barbarism is little better than the shit on my shoe.
But when someone is squeezing your football club dry it is alright just because they have the means to do it?

They may own it, but it's my fecking club, and I will let my feelings be known. If making them fear for their life is what it takes to get rid, then that's what needs be done. Not that I would do or support anything like that, but I wouldn't condemn it either.

What we all want in the end is the same thing. How everyone goes about it, is something that is their own decision exclusively by choice.

EDIT: condemn not condone

fadas

Aye, pointless to even discuss it here of all places. I'm off.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
people have a right to let their feelings be known.

The glazers have ruined something in one act that was growing for more than 100 years. People have grown up with the club and are upset at how the club is now in a position that is VERY dangerous.

At the end of the day its only football and its only business but who are we to question what the club means to different individuals. Some people spend evry minute of spare time they have occupied with all things United and who are the Glazers to take that away from them

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
I think the Glazers wish they had never even heard of Manchester United.

Whatever you say about them, the 3 brothers are sports fans. They wouldnt have bought United or Tampa Bay Bucs otherwise. As far as investments go, there are much easier, quicker and safer ways to make money than buying a football club.

Its must be pretty shit for them that they cant come and enjoy the football at the club they own.

If they could get out of it, im sure they would, but there up shit creek with all the debt.
I honestly think they are more bothered about leveraging their brand rather than taking an acting interest in the team.

Yet "I will always buy my ST providing I can afford it."

Who else are they laughing at, mate?
I'm not letting them bastards drive me out of my club.

They won't be there forever - I will be.

RK

people have a right to let their feelings be known.

The glazers have ruined something in one act that was growing for more than 100 years. People have grown up with the club and are upset at how the club is now in a position that is VERY dangerous.

At the end of the day its only football and its only business but who are we to question what the club means to different individuals. Some people spend evry minute of spare time they have occupied with all things United and who are the Glazers to take that away from them
Exactly, so I can't understand why people are criticising others for their protests.

Even if some aspects are irrational, who cares? Being a football fan isn't really about being rational.

Anyway, isn't Glazer a good name to hate? It sounds like double-glazing, and everyone hates those cold callers. It's also got a harsh Z sound, like razor.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I'm not wumming at all. When someone has insults and messages of hate scrawled on the walls of their home, that's when you know that things have gone too far. Attempting to cause someone to become fearful for their life by painting 'Judas' onto their house is the cowardly act of a spine-less wretch, and, in my mind, anyone who's impressed by or condones this kind of narrow-minded barbarism is little better than the shit on my shoe.
I agree that making someone fear for themselves or their family is something that should never be done, but is painting graffiti on someone's wall grounds for threatening someone's life? I don't think it is. It's vandalism, but how does "Judas" make someone fear for their life? Would it be better if they used Quisling, Benedict Arnold, or Guy Fawkes? Again, I'm not advocating the vandalism of someone's home, but I doubt the intent by the vandals was to make Gill fear for his life.

ciderman9000000

But when someone is squeezing your football club dry it is alright just because they have the means to do it?

They may own it, but it's my fecking club, and I will let my feelings be known. If making them fear for their life is what it takes to get rid, then that's what needs be done. Not that I would do or support anything like that, but I wouldn't condone it either.

What we all want in the end is the same thing. How everyone goes about it, is something that is their own decision exclusively by choice.
You contradict yourself over and over in that post. If making them fear for their lives is what it takes to get rid of them then that's what needs to be done, but you wouldn't do it yourself, condone or support it?

Threatening someone's life like this is unacceptable, i don't care how much you love the club, acting like a fecking criminal and a moron for the sake of the beloved club is abhorrent behavior. Jesus, your not a fecking plantation-slave fighting for freedom of your people from centuries of exploitation and mistreatment! Some guy you don't like has bought the football club you support by taking out a loan, that's all! Make him fearful for his life; get a fecking grip, you plank.

ciderman9000000

I agree that making someone fear for themselves or their family is something that should never be done, but is painting graffiti on someone's wall grounds for threatening someone's life? I don't think it is. It's vandalism, but how does "Judas" make someone fear for their life? Would it be better if they used Quisling, Benedict Arnold, or Guy Fawkes? Again, I'm not advocating the vandalism of someone's home, but I doubt the intent by the vandals was to make Gill fear for his life.
Look, mate, if someone has taken the time to come to my house and write Judas on my wall in massive black letters, i'm gonna get a bit fearful for the safety of myself and my family - don't you think?

AgainstAllOdds

You contradict yourself over and over in that post. If making them fear for their lives is what it takes to get rid of them then that's what needs to be done, but you wouldn't do it yourself, condone or support it?

Threatening someone's life like this is unacceptable, i don't care how much you love the club, acting like a fecking criminal and a moron for the sake of the beloved club is abhorrent behavior. Jesus, your not a fecking plantation-slave fighting for freedom of your people from centuries of exploitation and mistreatment! Some guy you don't like has bought the football club you support by taking out a loan, that's all! Make him fearful for his life; get a fecking grip, you plank.
There's nothing contradicting there. If that is what it takes then that should be done, not by me, by someone else who is more to the extreme side is what I'm saying. I wouldn't support it, nor condemn it if it will be done.

For some is just a football club mind you, for others it's much more.

EDIT: condemn not condone

fadas

Exactly! If I leave my club and go, they've fecking won! That iswhy I'll stay and fight.

We'll never die...
If you (and thousands others) keep buying the tickets, you're funding their occupation and they'll never leave. Sod's law, innit.

Chanting and wearing a scarf isn't going to make a fundamental difference to them as long as you're in your seat.

Do you think they were unaware the fans hated them for the past few years? :lol:

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
Green & Gold was established, and they decided to tell the gear in the Megastore.

How the feck do you think they feel?
I never went in to the mega store, did anyone go in and confirm this...

Shocking if true!!!

Correct..

ciderman9000000

There's nothing contradicting there. If that is what it takes then that should be done, not by me, by someone else who is more to the extreme side is what I'm saying. I wouldn't support it, nor condone it if it will be done.

For some is just a football club mind you, for others it's much more.
How can you accept that something is the right thing to do but not support and condone it? Retard.

AgainstAllOdds

If you (and thousands others) keep buying the tickets, you're funding their occupation and they'll never leave. Sod's law, innit.

Chanting and wearing a scarf isn't going to make a fundamental difference to them as long as you're in your seat.

Do you think they were unaware the fans hated them for the past few years? :lol:
The point is, that if I leave my ticket, someone who won't give a feck will come in and occupy it anyway. While on the contrary I could be in there and let the world know from inside OT what we think of them.

There hasn't been protests this big before. If they were, then they would have had more chance of success.

If the people outside, the ones who will buy the bonds, see that those who generate the cash are unhappy, then they will think twice about buying them. It's to raise a sense of insecurity around the Glazers and the club. Not only that, but I'm also watching and supporting the team I love and adore.

I hope you're not bitter that you had to give up doing something you loved and nothing came of it...

fadas

I'm not bitter. I gave up paying their loans and am happy I did. A few trophies and missed games isn't going to change that. I'll be back when it's right to be back. For me.

I'm perfectly happy with my decision, see in a few years when they've sold everything and are laughing up their sleeves at mugs like you paying their salaries.

AgainstAllOdds

I'm not bitter. I gave up paying their loans and am happy I did. A few trophies and missed games isn't going to change that. I'll be back when it's right to be back. For me.

I'm perfectly happy with my decision, see in a few years when they've sold everything and are laughing up their sleeves at mugs like you paying their salaries.
I still will be there in a few years though, like I am now, standing by the club I love and adore. While you've missed out...

VoetbalWizard

to be fair mate, those who did that would probably call gill a judas cnut to his face if they met him.

fadas

You'll be there and he'll still be there with you. We'll probably have a newton heath strip again so he can wring a few more quid out of you for his kids to stay in 5 star luxury and sneak in and out of OT while you think they're too scared.

I'm off for a beer. You do know United are in league with the devil and gain support from evil spirits don't you? It's on youtube.

McGrathsipan

I come from Dublin and its an expensive round trip everytime i come over which is usually between 6 and 10 games a year. For me its about the banter of the trip becasue even home games are away to us becasue of the travel etc...But many of us are getting to the stage where there are people not bothering to buy up our tickets. They are voting with their pocket.

Our supporters club has about 59 members and 37 season tickets and we had to usually pull straws to see who got what games.

Now we are lucky if we can fill a coach

ciderman9000000

Was condone was meant to read condemn?
Great, i've got a moron who struggles with the English language trying to tell me that, though he believes that death-threats are the correct course of action, he's not in support of death-threats. What are the chances that the 'artist' responsible for the pictures in post#1 has a similar level of intelligence? This is the mob that thinks they know how better to run a football club that David Gill? Bollocks to that, i'm not buying it.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Around about the time the Glazers bought United, there was a lot of publicity goin' around about how Manchester United were the richest football club on the planet. You can be sure that is what attracted their attention, and not any interest in either the club, or football. So things are looking bad as long as these guys are involved with United.

Interval

Level
I come from Dublin and its an expensive round trip everytime i come over which is usually between 6 and 10 games a year. For me its about the banter of the trip becasue even home games are away to us becasue of the travel etc...But many of us are getting to the stage where there are people not bothering to buy up our tickets. They are voting with their pocket.

Our supporters club has about 59 members and 37 season tickets and we had to usually pull straws to see who got what games.

Now we are lucky if we can fill a coach
Thats all bad. Noones denying it. Glazers aren't the greatest owners in the world. But its just wrong to be overly aggressive and do something illegal to make them to get out. Its almost tribal behaviour.

fadas

Hang on there Ciderman... before you eulogise Gill any further... what did he say during the hostile takeover attempt by Glazer? And what did he say after when they offered him a 1.8 million salary? Not paid for by them of course, add it on to the one easy monthly re-payment with Ocean Finance....

Gill is a corporate shill who will take all he can and then feck off when he gets a better offer elsewhere.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I dont think security is an issue for them at all. If they are arsed they will come to Manchester.

Newcastle supporters hate Mike Ashley just as much as we hate the Glazers and he still goes to sportsdirect.com@StJames'Park from time to time.

As for the campaign I doubt they honestly give a shit. They clearly do not care about our history and how we have been built on a foundation of success. They care about dollars. End of story.

McGrathsipan

Thats all bad. Noones denying it. Glazers aren't the greatest owners in the world. But its just wrong to be overly aggressive and do something illegal to make them to get out. Its almost tribal behaviour.
nah look the violence thing and threats are not for me. I am distancing myself from that way of it.

Many avenues must be explored to oust the Glazer clan but violence certainly should not be an option or even thought about.

Mass protests with a boycott of the product that is manchester united will hit them in the pocket and then they must listen.

But can fans really stay away.? thats the big question.

Me personally , I wont be re-newing my season ticket. Not until the glazers are gone

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
nah look the violence thing and threats are not for me. I am distancing myself from that way of it.

Many avenues must be explored to oust the Glazer clan but violence certainly should not be an option or even thought about.

Mass protests with a boycott of the product that is manchester united will hit them in the pocket and then they must listen.

Me personally , I wont be re-newing my season ticket. Not until the glazers are gone
I can understand where you are coming from. On the other hand, its the team that needs support as well though.

ciderman9000000

Hating Glazer is the new hooliganism; you're not a proper fan unless you join-in. You can see exactly why SAF has urged against this type of negative division - when large groups of fans are actively trying to harm the club's finances, and concentrating their efforts in discrediting the owners rather than supporting the team, it's not hard to see how this can only ever be detrimental to the performances on-pitch. Too many fans have been conned into thinking that they must LUHG - we get labelled as not being a proper fan if we dare to do one and not the other, we get told that our heads are in the sand - well why not just LU? feck the HG, bollocks to it.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Hating Glazer is the new hooliganism; you're not a proper fan unless you join-in. You can see exactly why SAF has urged against this type of negative division - when large groups of fans are actively trying to harm the club's finances, and concentrating their efforts in discrediting the owners rather than supporting the team, it's not hard to see how this can only ever be detrimental to the performances on-pitch. Too many fans have been conned into thinking that they must LUHG - we get labelled as not being a proper fan if we dare to do one and not the other, we get told that our heads are in the sand - well why not just LU? feck the HG, bollocks to it.
The Glazers are doing a damn good job of this themselves. They "have" to employ 45 people to deal with the debt they accrued by taking over the club. It doesn't help that they're constantly taking money out of it, thus negatively affecting the club's finances.

Interval

Level

Its a pity that you can't renew the tickets. You're right to say that it'll hurt them only if you hurt the revenue, which will be detrimental to the clubs functioning. Whether we like it or not, even minus the Glazers we still have a debt to pay off. All we can wish for is that the money being pumped into the club by fans is being used to pay off the debt and make the club self sustainable.

While I totally agree with you, I can see where Ralphie and others are coming from. Basic argument being that our club is financially untenable while it was functioning very well some time back. However, like I said earlier, its impossible to now seperate the Glazers from the club. We make them suffer, the club will directly suffer. Its a mess of a situation really.

I'm still intrigued to know what after the Glazers, if they actually want to exit? What do the LUHG Groups think will happen? I think another owner will come in and take over the club while maintaining the debt or maybe reducing it slightly. Unless some rich baron/sheikh comes along which will give rise to another set of problems which people will protest.

But under no pretext should people resort to hooliganism/illegal ways. As much as you love the club, its plain an uncivil way to behave.

AgainstAllOdds

Great, i've got a moron who struggles with the English language trying to tell me that, though he believes that death-threats are the correct course of action, he's not in support of death-threats. What are the chances that the 'artist' responsible for the pictures in post#1 has a similar level of intelligence? This is the mob that thinks they know how better to run a football club that David Gill? Bollocks to that, i'm not buying it.
No one is questioning Gill of anything and I'm not part of any mob. The whole "hate" is directed at the Glazers dear friend.

red2deadboy

Business men who won't care until they feel it in their pocket, so until such action takes place it's all just water off a ducks back.

ciderman9000000

The Glazers are doing a damn good job of this themselves. They "have" to employ 45 people to deal with the debt they accrued by taking over the club. It doesn't help that they're constantly taking money out of it, thus negatively affecting the club's finances.
So what you're saying is that, because the club isn't in a great financial position, the best thing we can do to help is endeavour to make it worse?

Too often people overlook the fact that hostile business take-overs are frequently funded by huge bank-loans; are you so sure that the Glazers are the financial imbeciles that they're touted as being? Sure enough to actively weaken the club's position as a form of protest? For a club that apparently couldn't afford to buy Lijac a few weeks ago, we sure found £10m knocking-around fast enough to outbid Arsenal on Smalling.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
lol