Koulibaly and a hot prospect
William Carvalho

OUT :
Valencia
Darmian
Fellaini
McTominay
Jones

-----------------------------------------------------De Gea---------------------------------------------
Pereira-------------------------Lindelof----------Koulibaly----------------------------Shaw
--------------------------------------Herrera-----------Carvalho------------------------------------
Lozano---------------------------------------Pogba(C)-------------------------------Martial--
---------------------------------------------------Rashford--------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------Romero-------------------------------------------
Dalot-------------------------------Smalling-------------New CB------------------------Young(C)
-----------------------------------------------Fred----------Matic--------------------------------------
Lingard------------------------------------------Mata----------------------------------Sanchez--
------------------------------------------------------Lukaku--------------------------------------------

2020 :
2 WC
players ( CM and LB )
Backup LW
Backup Striker
Backup DM

OUT :
Sanchez
Lukaku
Rojo
Young
Matic

:drool:

Last edited:

buckooo1978

that was arguably our best team vrs Spurs and, if we are honest..... there is clear room for improvement in all positions perhaps barring De Gea, Pogba, Rashford and Martial. To improve upon Martial you are buying an absolute elite player.

as impressive as some have been our priorities remain the same.

Sell: Fellaini, Jones, Rojo, Valencia, Pereira and Darmian

Buy:

a RW/RF - Sancho, Dembele, Pepe or someone of that category

a CB - we could potentially use 2 but Lindelof is growing by the game and reads it well - he needs a dominant strong player, good on the ground and in the air- Koulibaly perhaps

fullbacks - Shaw is good but not of what you would call top quality - Dalot looks like he has promise but we could use quality on both sides

a playmaker in the middle - we need a deep passing midfielder - you saw how effective a great pass like the one Pogba hit v Spurs was with our quick attackers. We need someone who is a bit of an all rounder buy technically good and can pass very well with intelligence

that's a lot of signings and I wouldn't expect to see them all completed. RW, CB, CM are the first priorities

in the long term I worry about Pogba - we are very reliant on him for creativity - someone like Fekir would be great backup and he's the kind of quality you have on the bench at an elite club

Devil may care

I hope Martial stays and we actually start to create something from the right, thus creating some space and 1v1 for Martial on the left. f we are able to do this, he will be able to contribute even more. Nowadays when we play against a balanced team they push half their team over to our left side to block for Pogba and Martial, something that is stopping our two best attacking assets.
If we are lucky then Lukaku forces our hand. Can't see us trying to actively sell him. Would still sell Sanchez on 75% from his best.
Since it is highly unlikely we will challenge for the title next season regardless of which manager or what transfers we make(given the distance between us and Liverpool/city takes time to close), and we will get top 4 next season given Arsenals issues and Chelsea without Hazard(hopefully), i would be comfortable with attacking setup with Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Mata, new RW able to play either LW or CF, Greenwood and Chong.
I agree with you on Martial, I very much hope he re-signs with us but we have to be prepared if he doesn't as I don't want to see Rashford shoved out on the LW and Lukaku up top if we sell Tony. Our attack is all left sided and that is a problem, you're right, our width is left and our creativity is left, the balance is off.

Lukaku's ego might be a key factor, I can't see him riding the bench, and with Juve and Chelsea we'd have buyers with funds, but I think he'll probably linger for another season and of course his position could change depending on who is manager. Sanchez is another tricky one as he will be very hard to shift due to his crazy wages.

Pretty much agree on the last part as well, we are flying right now but there is still a lot of work to do to become actual contenders. Of the players you list I think it's more likely Sanchez or Lukaku will be in the group as opposed to Mata who can go on a free this summer, he just doesn't suit this high press style we are implementing and he's at an age where I think he'll go to a team where he can play week in and week out as he loves playing football as opposed to riding our bench for a big wage, we also need to see more from Chong and see Greenwood at all this season, to see if they are really ready for senior level football.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
If it is true that we are interested in Under, I am really happy with that as he looks a real talent, even if I can't be bothered to put the umlaut in.

Devil may care

I think it's obvious we aren't doing any business in this window as most of us suspected, so that will leave the summer window to cram everything in. With that in mind I think we need 5 players but if we managed 3 it will be a good window given how we move in the market.

I'm only expecting 1 CB but I think we need 2, I'm hoping we get a RB as Dalot isn't ready and Young cannot be 1st choice again next season, and I'm praying we get another holding midfielder but I fear we'll plod on with Matic and may have some weird idea that McTominay can be groomed as his replacement.

The other position is in attack but I'm not convinced anything will be done as I can't see us shifting Lukaku and Sanchez and if Ole remains manager I see Lingard continuing as a regular starter, which leaves the only possible space opening up should Mata go but even then if we aren't in the CL the real top quality options wont be on the menu and I'd rather we kept the powder dry until we can get the best.

CB - Koulibaly/de Ligt
RB - Meunier
#6 - Neves/Aouar

JohnnyLaw

I think it's obvious we aren't doing any business in this window as most of us suspected, so that will leave the summer window to cram everything in. With that in mind I think we need 5 players but if we managed 3 it will be a good window given how we move in the market.

I'm only expecting 1 CB but I think we need 2, I'm hoping we get a RB as Dalot isn't ready and Young cannot be 1st choice again next season, and I'm praying we get another holding midfielder but I fear we'll plod on with Matic and may have some weird idea that McTominay can be groomed as his replacement.

The other position is in attack but I'm not convinced anything will be done as I can't see us shifting Lukaku and Sanchez and if Ole remains manager I see Lingard continuing as a regular starter, which leaves the only possible space opening up should Mata go but even then if we aren't in the CL the real top quality options wont be on the menu and I'd rather we kept the powder dry until we can get the best.

CB - Koulibaly/de Ligt
RB - Meunier
#6 - Neves/Aouar
This very much reflects my thoughts aswell. Posted this a short while ago:

Martial/Greenwood Rashford/Lukaku Lingard/Mata
Pogba/Pereira Herrera/Fred
Matic/DM
LB/Shaw CB. Lindelöf. RB/Dalot

DM- I’d like Neves
Big name CB- preferrably De Ligt.
Tierney
Meunier.

I don’t think we’re likely to sign an attacker in the summer unless something and a major target makes himself available. I’m fine with that too if I’m honest, gives us time to wait out an opportunity, for example how Sanchos situation develops over the course of next season while we strenghten other positions.
We might be a bit light in attacking positions but that also forces us to utilize our youngsters in Greenwood, Gomes and Chong which I really like. There’s just no realistic way we’re going to make adequate moves for all the positions that we need to to strengthen.
EDIT: Just realised we still have Sanchez aswell.. :annoyed:
We have good foundation with Shaw and Dalot to build upon and should look at value-signings at LB and RB. Tierney and Meunier would be examples of good business who also suit our needs.

De Ligt and a successor to Matic would be my main focus for the summer which I’d allocate the most resources for.
Neves would be my pick at the moment as I’d really like someone in the same mould as Carrick. I worry about Neves’ ability to shield the back four the way Carrick and Matic has managed in the last few years.

CB - Koulibaly/de Ligt
RB - Meunier
#6 - Neves/Aouar
Lingard is also a weak link - he doesn't have enough goals in him

Another transfer window set to pass and we've still got alot of unwanted deadwood on the books (on nice fat wages).

Why do I get the feeling the upcoming summer transfer window ,whoever is in charge,is going to be just as underwhelming.

Fosu-Mens

Why do I get the feeling the upcoming summer transfer window ,whoever is in charge,is going to be just as underwhelming.
  • Still no news regarding a DoF. More and more likely it was just a "briefing" to appease the fans.
  • Extended contracts with Smalling(rumoured £120k) and Shaw(Rumored £150k or more) on wages they will not get anywhere else.
  • Club/Board/Woodward seems to refuse to sell players at a loss, and combining this with the wages these players are on, we will not be able to sell them.
  • Martial, Herrera, Pogba, Rashford and DDG will hopefully sign new contracts in the coming months. All five set for higher wages, further increasing our expenditures on wages.
  • Young and Mata seems likely to extend, and neither deserve their current wages(£140k and £110k), and with our past history with contracts it is likely they will get around the same wages they are currently on.
  • Lukaku(£200k) is our only player that we might sell that will get us £££ to spend on players, still unlikely that the club will sell him.
  • Rojo(£80k), Fellaini(£100k) and Fred(£120k) are not part of the starting 11, and they will not get the same wages anywhere else. If they are sold, we will not get much £££ for future transfers.
  • Sanchez(£350k) is unlikely to leave.
  • If we spend £75m or more on the "world class" central defender we will not sign many more players.

Devil may care

This very much reflects my thoughts aswell. Posted this a short while ago:

I don’t think we’re likely to sign an attacker in the summer unless something and a major target makes himself available. I’m fine with that too if I’m honest, gives us time to wait out an opportunity, for example how Sanchos situation develops over the course of next season while we strenghten other positions.
We might be a bit light in attacking positions but that also forces us to utilize our youngsters in Greenwood, Gomes and Chong which I really like. There’s just no realistic way we’re going to make adequate moves for all the positions that we need to to strengthen.
EDIT: Just realised we still have Sanchez aswell.. :annoyed:
We have good foundation with Shaw and Dalot to build upon and should look at value-signings at LB and RB. Tierney and Meunier would be examples of good business who also suit our needs.

De Ligt and a successor to Matic would be my main focus for the summer which I’d allocate the most resources for.
Neves would be my pick at the moment as I’d really like someone in the same mould as Carrick. I worry about Neves’ ability to shield the back four the way Carrick and Matic has managed in the last few years.
If I trusted us to use Greenwood and Gomes I'd feel better about it, but I see we want to extend Mata's contract again which to me is a complete waste of time and will contnue to see our right side of attack be a complete dead zone as he'll be given the game time over Greenwood and we'll continue to be a very lopsided attack. It's a concern but not one I see getting fixed because we aren't getting rid of any of the 6 players taking up the forward spots, and two of them, Sanchez and Lukaku, are on insane wages that they wont get anywhere else so we are stuck with them.

I'd be shocked if we bought two fullbacks, I think whichever side of the pitch we bring one in for we'll keep Ashely Young as the cover for the other side.

I agree that de Ligt and Neves would be fantastic additions and should definitely be targets this summer, Neves right now isn't fully developed on the defensive side of the game but he covers ground better than Matic and with Ander next to him and Carrick coaching him he'll be up to speed in no time.

Lingard is also a weak link - he doesn't have enough goals in him
Agreed, but not as big of a weak link as Jones or Smalling in the CB slot or Matic in the midfield.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Would not be surprized if Lukaku goes, not because we want to sell him but because he wants to play. I think we could get 60 million for him if he does go.

I think an out and out Left Winger is needed badly and someone with more speed than Mata. I would still keep Lingarrd. Mata i would nearly let go.

We also have to get rid of a few CBs before we actually sign one.

I also think we have a player in Fred, at least one that is better than what we have seen so far.

I think some difficult decisions have to made come summer regarding Lukaku if he is not getting game time, the centre backs and possibly MF with regards who signs a new contract and who does not.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
De Ligt, Neves/Cook, sancho and Tierney would be an amazing summer but probably a bit too FM. I don’t know though if we get some serious wages off our bill we can afford brilliant up and coming talents to challenge the first 11. They won’t even need to be thrown straight in now either as the team is looking a lot more settled

Bwuk

Goalkeepers:

David de Gea
Lee Grant - Release
Sergio Romero
Joel Pereira

Defenders:

Victor Lindelof
Eric Bailly - Sell
Phil Jones - Release
Chris Smalling
Marcos Rojo - Sell
Ashley Young
Diogo Dalot
Luke Shaw

Timbo Fosu-Mensah - Sell sadly.
Antonio Valencia - Release
Matteo Darmian - Sell
Axel Tuanzebe

Midfielders:

Paul Pogba
Juan Mata

Andreas Pereira - Release
Fred
Ander Herrera

Marouane Fellaini - Release
Nemanja Matic
Scott McTominay

Forwards:

Alexis Sanchez
Romelu Lukaku - Sell
Marcus Rashford
Anthony Martial
Jesse Lingard

10 out from our first team squad, I'd look to bring in De Ligt (75m), Muenier (25m), Kieran Tierney (30m), Sancho (80m). Promote Chong, Gomes, Garner, Laird & Greenwood where and when possible.

A massive outlay and a lot of change. I think the fees are somewhat realisitic bar perhaps Sancho.

NoPace

• Still no news regarding a DoF. More and more likely it was just a "briefing" to appease the fans.
  • Extended contracts with Smalling(rumoured £120k) and Shaw(Rumored £150k or more) on wages they will not get anywhere else.
  • Club/Board/Woodward seems to refuse to sell players at a loss, and combining this with the wages these players are on, we will not be able to sell them.
  • Martial, Herrera, Pogba, Rashford and DDG will hopefully sign new contracts in the coming months. All five set for higher wages, further increasing our expenditures on wages.
  • Young and Mata seems likely to extend, and neither deserve their current wages(£140k and £110k), and with our past history with contracts it is likely they will get around the same wages they are currently on.
  • Lukaku(£200k) is our only player that we might sell that will get us £££ to spend on players, still unlikely that the club will sell him.
  • Rojo(£80k), Fellaini(£100k) and Fred(£120k) are not part of the starting 11, and they will not get the same wages anywhere else. If they are sold, we will not get much £££ for future transfers.
  • Sanchez(£350k) is unlikely to leave.
  • If we spend £75m or more on the "world class" central defender we will not sign many more players.
That's a mad contract to give Ashley Young in particular. Surely we're not going to do that.

JohnnyLaw

If I trusted us to use Greenwood and Gomes I'd feel better about it, but I see we want to extend Mata's contract again which to me is a complete waste of time and will contnue to see our right side of attack be a complete dead zone as he'll be given the game time over Greenwood and we'll continue to be a very lopsided attack. It's a concern but not one I see getting fixed because we aren't getting rid of any of the 6 players taking up the forward spots, and two of them, Sanchez and Lukaku, are on insane wages that they wont get anywhere else so we are stuck with them.

I'd be shocked if we bought two fullbacks, I think whichever side of the pitch we bring one in for we'll keep Ashely Young as the cover for the other side.

I agree that de Ligt and Neves would be fantastic additions and should definitely be targets this summer, Neves right now isn't fully developed on the defensive side of the game but he covers ground better than Matic and with Ander next to him and Carrick coaching him he'll be up to speed in no time.

Agreed, but not as big of a weak link as Jones or Smalling in the CB slot or Matic in the midfield.
Agreed, It would’ve been nice to see though. One of the few bright spots of Van Gaal was his policy to turn to youth when shit hits the fan. Compared to then we’ve got all the more reason to aswell.

My hope would be that we’d just bite the bullet and release the likes of Mata, Darmian and as for fullbacks, we might just have to get two in with Valencias and Youngs contracts also expiring this summer. I like them both and they’ve served us well, but if we renew with either of them I’ll be really disappointed to say the least..

Just letting the four of them go should free up 400 000 pounds of week

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That's a mad contract to give Ashley Young in particular. Surely we're not going to do that.
What has to be remembered as well is if we keep Ole as manager or pay goodness what a year for another manager. Ole is cheap another manager won't be and it is all outgoings.

Devil may care

Agreed, It would’ve been nice to see though. One of the few bright spots of Van Gaal was his policy to turn to youth when shit hits the fan. Compared to then we’ve got all the more reason to aswell.

My hope would be that we’d just bite the bullet and release the likes of Mata, Darmian and as for fullbacks, we might just have to get two in with Valencias and Youngs contracts also expiring this summer. I like them both and they’ve served us well, but if we renew with either of them I’ll be really disappointed to say the least..

Just letting the four of them go should free up 400 000 pounds of week
That was the highlight of LvG's time here, agreed, and maybe in a fresh season Ole or whomever might be willing to give Greenwood some time, but I just don't see it with the pressure involved.

I'd let the contracts that are running out on Valencia, Young, Jones, Mata etc....just run out and move on, people say we'd be losing money but you're right, we would be removing an enormous amount of money from the wage bill, and that would be hugely important when trying to strengthen this squad, as wages are the killer moreso than the actual transfer fee for players these days. Unfortunately we've already extended Darmian's contract and word is we are working on getting Mata to stay and you just know we'll give Young another year, I'm even skeptical we'll finally broom Jones because he's English.

Getting in top players isn't easy unless you are Barca it seems, they just go and get it done, but we are getting in our own way with the amount of deadwood we horde at the club, players on stupid wages that have shown time and time again that they aren't up to standard if the goal is to become a title challenging team again.

beingshe7don

We need
RW --- Nicolas Pepe (40m)
CB --- Koulibaly/ De Ligt (70m)
CM --- Rabiot (Free)

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
We sure could use with some Africans in our side:

RW - Pepe
DLP - Partey (to replace Matic)
B2B - Ndidi (if Herrera does not recontract)
CB - Koulibaly
RB - Atal

This midfield is great in the air for defending set pieces. Plenty of energy to free up Pogba to do his thing further up field too. Ole likes his wingbacks to push up & contribute to the attack. Atal & Pepe would rejuvenate our right flank.

Of course i'm aware we're not getting 5 players in this summer but these guys would definitely transform our team.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
CB
RB
DM

Has to be priority positions to strengthen.

DDG

Dalot (new rb)
Koulibaly
Lindelof
Shaw

Neves
Herrera
Pogba

Lingard
Rashford
Martial

And superb strength in depth. With a lot of talented youngsters breaking through also.

Joel,Grant,Jones,Rojo,Valencia,Darmian,Periera,Mata for me should be the certainties to go .While there's also question marks on players such as Young,Bailly,Fred,McTomminay,Sanchez and Lukaku.
With a new manager likely coming onboard and a (possible) DOF, the upcoming summer transfer window is certainly going to be a fascinating watch.

PeteManic

Full back
Centre back
Midfielder

3 big key signings like in the old days - a Stam, Yorke, Blomqvist type of window.

Devil may care

When we take Lingard and Herrera out of the team our pressing gamde is badly damaged as the replacements we currently have can't do it, this should be factored in to the forward targets IMO.

Fosu-Mens

As a minimum the club needs to get a class RB, CB, RW and a CM to rotate/improve Matic/Herrera and help Pogba. If we are not able to offload a number of players we will most likely sign two players improving our first 11 and the club will compete for third. If we are able to sell a number of the players on bad contracts/deadwood then we might see some major changes in the squad and the gap between us and Liverpool/City might not be as big as it is.

Personally i would sell/release a large part of our squad(Players on bad contracts and/or with abilities not suited to the way we play) while buying players that would improve our team and can still develope.

Sell/Release over the next two summer windows:
Summer 2019:
Fellaini - Let him go to China.
Darmian - £60k per week. Activate 1 year club option and sell this summer.
Pereira - Activate 1 year club option and sell this summer.
Valencia - £100k per week. Do not resign.
Mata - £140k per week. Do not resign.
Rojo - £80k per week. Sell. Injuries and jumping into tackles.
Ashley Young - £110k per week. Old, can't cross. Resign for 1 year on a much lower wage if possible and release on free summer 2020.

Players that should be sold if we are able to:
Lukaku - £200k per week. Not suited to high intensity, technical football.
Fred - £120k per week. Does not got the discipline/consistency to play as one of the two deep midfielders for us.
Smalling - £120k per week. His abilities on the ball is not good enough. People arguing that he was the best defender under LVG: Difference between playing short and safe passes with no pressure compared to how Lindelof and Jones are playing now.
Sanchez - £350k per week. Over the top, decisionmaking is still not good, lost his speed/accleration that made him dangerous. Horrible contract.
McTominay, TFM, Wilson etc can be sold/loaned out. No reason for them to only play for the reserves if they can get senior experience elsewhere or give us £££ for transfers.

Players in this summer:
RW - Suso £33m clause active this summer. Left footed, technical, creative. Can cover for Pogba in the middle if needed. Based on price and abilities this is a really good deal. Don't care if he played for Liverpool before.
RB - Meunier for £25m(rumored and contract ending 2020) seems sensible. Easy to sell him on for the same price if Dalot develops as we hope he will. Manchester United fan. Will improve our RB.
CM - Barrela rumored £45m. Similar intensity to Herrera, but more technical and looks like a better passer. Based on his perceived abilities he should be able to perform well in the same role as Herrea/Matic and provide cover for Pogba if needed.
CB - Dependent on who we are able to sell and what we get for them. If price was not a factor i would go for Koulibaly. If we have to pay £100m for him, then i would rather go for Di Ligt(rumored around £60m). Alderweired for £25m is a good price and a good option. I would also have signed Todibo(moves to Barcelona on a free this summer. ) as he will be one of the centrebacks in the world within the next 3 years.

Additional players that should be under consideration dependent on who we sell and how much we have available:
LB: Tierney. Attacking fullback and would have been really useful against a team parking the bus like Burnley did yesterday.
ST: Luka Jovic. Hijack his transfer to Eintracht F. Balanced "modern" striker similar to Lewandoski and would give us a different option up front compared to Rashford.
RW: Sancho. Class. Go for him next summer.
CM: Aouar. Class. Go for him next summer.

Silas

Out (IMO or going by rumours):

Valencia
Darmian
Mata
Lukaku
Fellaini
Rojo
Jones
Sanchez

In:

LB: Tierney
CB: Koulibaly/Alderweireld & De Ligt
RB: Meunier (Not sure how happy PSG would be to sell)/Ricardo Pereira
DM: Thiago/Just using Herrera there
(R)CM: Aouar/Thiago/Barella/Isco/Neves/Ndombele
RW/F: Sancho/Dybala

Last edited:

ravi2

As a minimum the club needs to get a class RB, CB, RW and a CM to rotate/improve Matic/Herrera and help Pogba. If we are not able to offload a number of players we will most likely sign two players improving our first 11 and the club will compete for third. If we are able to sell a number of the players on bad contracts/deadwood then we might see some major changes in the squad and the gap between us and Liverpool/City might not be as big as it is.

Personally i would sell/release a large part of our squad(Players on bad contracts and/or with abilities not suited to the way we play) while buying players that would improve our team and can still develope.

Sell/Release over the next two summer windows:
Summer 2019:
Fellaini - Let him go to China.
Darmian - £60k per week. Activate 1 year club option and sell this summer.
Pereira - Activate 1 year club option and sell this summer.
Valencia - £100k per week. Do not resign.
Mata - £140k per week. Do not resign.
Rojo - £80k per week. Sell. Injuries and jumping into tackles.
Ashley Young - £110k per week. Old, can't cross. Resign for 1 year on a much lower wage if possible and release on free summer 2020.

Players that should be sold if we are able to:
Lukaku - £200k per week. Not suited to high intensity, technical football.
Fred - £120k per week. Does not got the discipline/consistency to play as one of the two deep midfielders for us.
Smalling - £120k per week. His abilities on the ball is not good enough. People arguing that he was the best defender under LVG: Difference between playing short and safe passes with no pressure compared to how Lindelof and Jones are playing now.
Sanchez - £350k per week. Over the top, decisionmaking is still not good, lost his speed/accleration that made him dangerous. Horrible contract.
McTominay, TFM, Wilson etc can be sold/loaned out. No reason for them to only play for the reserves if they can get senior experience elsewhere or give us £££ for transfers.

Players in this summer:
RW - Suso £33m clause active this summer. Left footed, technical, creative. Can cover for Pogba in the middle if needed. Based on price and abilities this is a really good deal. Don't care if he played for Liverpool before.
RB - Meunier for £25m(rumored and contract ending 2020) seems sensible. Easy to sell him on for the same price if Dalot develops as we hope he will. Manchester United fan. Will improve our RB.
CM - Barrela rumored £45m. Similar intensity to Herrera, but more technical and looks like a better passer. Based on his perceived abilities he should be able to perform well in the same role as Herrea/Matic and provide cover for Pogba if needed.
CB - Dependent on who we are able to sell and what we get for them. If price was not a factor i would go for Koulibaly. If we have to pay £100m for him, then i would rather go for Di Ligt(rumored around £60m). Alderweired for £25m is a good price and a good option. I would also have signed Todibo(moves to Barcelona on a free this summer. ) as he will be one of the centrebacks in the world within the next 3 years.

Additional players that should be under consideration dependent on who we sell and how much we have available:
LB: Tierney. Attacking fullback and would have been really useful against a team parking the bus like Burnley did yesterday.
ST: Luka Jovic. Hijack his transfer to Eintracht F. Balanced "modern" striker similar to Lewandoski and would give us a different option up front compared to Rashford.
RW: Sancho. Class. Go for him next summer.
CM: Aouar. Class. Go for him next summer.

So you wan to sell Smalling and keep Jones?

zenith

I think, in order of priority we need

1. A right winger - most essential buy for us balance our attack and get the best out of martial and rashford

2. A center back - Smalling should be able to do a more than adequate job alongside lindelof, but an assured CB would make a world of a difference.

3. Right back - an attacking right back, balanced with a defensively sound LB in shaw would increase the threat down the right manifold

4. Central midfielder - we really should be looking at a matic replacement sooner than later. He ain't getting and younger and asking Herrera to play that role, takes a lot of our existing midfield.

Really really hoping that we at least get the top 2 from the above. We can still live without another RB and CM for another season

IrishGlen

CB and an improvement on Matič must be the priority so Koulibaly, de Ligt or Alderweireld. I feel Alderweireld is value at £25m! De Ligt is probably Barca bound and £100m for Koulibaly would eat up the budget. Ruben Neves to replace Matič and he would cost what £60 - 80m! We quite clearly operate on a budget of £150m or thereabouts and with increased renewals for Martial, de Gea and potentially Pogba that’s unlikely to change this season!

With that in mind, maybe we could trust Dalot for RB so potentially something like -

De Gea

Dalot Lindelöf New CB Shaw

Herrera Neves Pogba

Lingard Rashford Martial

Obviously, if there’s extra funds available and we could bring say Meunier for RB and an improvement on Lingard. Perhaps Nabil Fekir, Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Dybala, etc! These are very ambitious signings and with the exception of Fekir at least another £100m which I doubt the club will sanction!

I hope the club increases the budget this summer as it’s quite clearly that under Ole or a Pochettino, etc, we’re only about 4 players away from challenging for the league / CL so surely it would be better to go big this window and then tighten the budget in future windows.

For example Lucas Hernández is on the move this summer at £72m and he could potentially be our no.1 LB for 10 years! Also, with Timo Werner and Icardi on the move, should we trust Rashford for the whole season? There’s rumours that Bergwijn of PSV is going for £25m so he could replace Mata! Interesting window ahead!

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
We need at least:
A full back to cover the likely departures of Valencia and Darmian.

A midfielder to cover the likely departures of Fellaini and Pereira.

An additional centre back would be good. Lindelof looks great but needs a partner. Bailly and Smalling can still do a job aswell. Might be time to say farewell to Jones and Rojo.

Surely you want to avoid too much change this summer?

ravi2

Assuming we continue to play in a similar style as we do now and that Jones will resign somewhere around his current wage(£50k per week), then yes.
Cheap backup, fills the nationality quota, fairly able with the ball in his feet.
Respectfully speaking, feck that... Jones has to be one of the very first out the door along with Rojo, Darmian and Valencia.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Meunier
Toby
Neves
Sancho

Sell: Mata, Jones, Rojo, Valencia, Andreas, TFM, Darmian.

Squad:

DDG, Romero, Grant
Meunier, Dalot
Shaw, Young
Toby, VNL, Smalling, Bailly and Tuanzebe
Pogba, Ander, Fred, Matic, Neves, McT
Martial, Sanchez, Sancho, Lingard
Lukaku, Rashford.

We'd be PL contenders.

Macedonian Red

DDG
Wan Bisaka Skriniar Alderweireld Chilwel
Pjanic Matic Pogba
Sancho Rash Martial

Romero
Dalot Lindelof Smaling Shaw
Herera Mctominay Fred
Lingard Lukaku Bergweijn

+Young, Bailly, Grenwood, Gomes.

Out:
Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Valencia, Pereira, Felaini, Mata, Sanchez.

FM mode ON. :D

Mylock

David Brookes looks a fine player, he could be a interesting option on the right.