g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

daba

More talk over the past week about the prospect of Tuchel taking over from ETH. Originally I wasn’t that keen on the idea of Tuchel but I certainly think he would at least be an improvement on Erik whilst the managerial options are slim and I would be interested to see if he would adopt more of a 4231 or the 343 he was successful with for Chelsea.

If Tuchel were to come in, I would hope we’d go hard in the transfer window and get him the necessary squad tools to perform either tactic.

+ Versatile RB/RWB (Kadioglu - 30m)
+ Young back-up LB/LWB (Dorgu - 25m)
+ Fast & Strong RCB (Todibo - 40m)
+ Fast & Strong LCB (Lucumi - 30m)
+ Versatile CB/DM (Scalvini - 50m)
+ CM (Rabiot - 5m signing fee)
+ Versatile RW/LW (Nico Williams - 45m)
+ Rotational CF (Guirassy - 20m)

Total spend £250m roughly which is not impossible. 8 signings is a lot, but with 2 being release clauses, 1 being a free and 1 being from Nice, I don’t think it would be impossible if with a competent team in place.

The resulting squad would look sonething like this:

Onana
Bayindir
Harrison

Dalot
Kadioglu

Shaw
Malacia
Dorgu

Todibo
Martinez
Lucumi
Kambwala
Scalvini

Mainoo
Rabiot
Mount
Bruno
Hannibal/Gore

Garnacho
Williams
Amad
Antony

Hojlund
Guirassy
Wheatley

———————— Onana ———————

Dalot — Todibo — Martinez — Shaw

——— Scalvini ———— Mainoo———

Garnacho —— Bruno —— N.Williams

-——————— Hojlund ———————-

or

———————— Onana ————————

—— Todibo — Scalvini — Martinez——

—Dalot — Rabiot — Mainoo — Shaw—

———— Garnacho ——— Bruno ————

———————— Hojlund ———————

I’d be down for it!

aeh1991

I think with some clever transfers we can make our squad stronger in the next two years (get free squad players like Coufal or Guido). The high priorities in 2024 should be a RCB, a CM and a CF. On the wings I expect Mount, Diallo, as well as Lacey getting more chances, with the futures of Rashford, Antony, Sancho, Greenwood still uncertain, but at least 2 likely to stay. I personally would avoid big money transfers like Branthwaite or injury-prone players like Olise. I would even sacrifice a Joao Neves transfer if it means getting a LB and LCB instead.

2024:

LB: Miguel Gutierrez, Melvin Bard, Leif Davis
RCB: Jean-Clair Todibo, Ousmane Diomande, Leny Yoro
LCB: Piero Hincapie, Jhon Lucumi, David Hancko
RB: Vladimir Coufal*
DM: Guido Rodriguez*
CM: Joao Neves, Kephren Thuram, Youssouf Fofana, Alan Varela, Quinten Timber
CF: Artem Dovbyk, Terem Moffi, Benjamin Sesko, Jonathan David

2025:

RB: Ivan Fresneda, Vanderson, Michael Kayode, Arnau Martinez
RCB: Antonio Silva, Giorgio Scalvini, Aaron Anselmino, Sebastian Boselli
DM: Lucas Gourna-Douath, Ezequiel Fernandez, Archie Gray
LW: Kvicha Kvaratskhelia, Rafael Leao

*free transfers

Woziak

None of the players currently linked inspire me with much confidence, most of the players you guys are listing are not proven in the English Premier League and this seems to be the problem going back over a decade now. Either we are trying to sign Elite Football Mercenaries like ; Angel Di Maria, Mateo Darmian, Alexis Sanchez,
R Falcao, P Pogba, A Herrera
Z Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Ronaldo, Schweinsteiger, D Blind, Memphis Depay.

With the exception of Zlatan, A Herrera and too a lesser extent Cavani and Ronaldo all of these have been huge mistakes, Daley Blind was ok for what he cost but all of them struggled with the pace and adjusting to the intensity of the PL. I know Sanchez and Ronaldo had produced exceptional stats previously but not really for us in the last 10 years.

The irony is neither Juan Mata, Morgan Schneiderlain, H Maguire, L Shaw, Lukaku, Feillani really made their mark on the club but they all adjusted quicker and probably have better value, but still nowhere near what United required. Morgan Schnederlain should have been a sure fire hit but he couldn’t hack it here and went to Everton.

I just don’t think the club can afford a scatter gun approach this summer with 9 or 10 new players coming in, especially such radically changes in defence. We know Varane going, Malacia is injured so can’t be sold and AWB is just not good enough, plus Johny Evans may well retire. That’s 4 maybe 5 defenders if we sell Lindelof, we can’t sell Maguire this summer, he’s an excellent 3rd or 4th Choice CB. If Lindelof stays the club only buys 1

In Midfield I only see the club selling Casemiro, Amrabat being sent back and Eriksen being sold on the Cheap, DVB probably released on a free and if there is a taker for Hanibal, they’ll sell him too.

The attacking positions are different because Sancho, Pellistri and Greenwood will be sold and maybe Amad too.

That means that for all the leaks that everyone at the club is up for sale, we are going through a huge upheaval and restructure above the first team and coach and I see a lot of the players actually staying. I think our squad without any new signings but absolute departures will look like this ;

Man United First Team Squad 2024/25
Goalkeepers; A Onana, A Bayinder,
T Heaton(1 year extension)

Defenders; L Shaw, D Dalot, T Malacia(not fit to sell), V Lindelof or A Anselmino, H Maguire, L Martinez, W Kambwala,
2* CB (Todibo, J Braithwaite, M Kilman)
New FB (J Frimpong, Alt Nouri, M Guiterez)

if Lindelof Is sold we will buy another but a young CB like Aaron Aselmino who is available for £15m. We’ll spend £90-100m on 3 defenders who will be on maybe £300k per week combined on 5 year so the club saves Varane, Lindelof, AWB, J Evans £630k per week on wages which is £32m per year and receives £25m for Lindelof and AWB, both players transfer fees are paid so you have about £37m per year to offset against £20m amortised in transfer if players are given 5 years and new wages of £15m per year. This is why the club need to get rid of Varane.

Midfield - The club won’t sell Bruno, it’s already struggling for goals and this would be a huge risk right now. But selling Casemiro, Eriksen, Sending back Amrabat and selling DVB and Hanibal would free up nearly £800k or £40m per year on wages and probably generate £30-35m of actual cash. Ideal scenario here is A Rabiot on a free and J Neves for £90m, I’d even take R Barkley as well on free to make up the numbers which would Mean ;
Midfield Options - A Rabiot, R Barkley, J Neves, K Mainoo, M Mount, S Mctominay and Bruno

Attacking Options - Rashford, Garnaucho,
R Hojlund, Antony, M Olise and D Solanke or I Toney.

I think the powers that be will either go mostly British, academy players from English academies that they know or general a sure thing from Europe, the risks will be mitigated this summer that’s why I see the club maybe making £150m by selling all of these players ; AWB,
V Lindelof, Casemiro, Hanibal, DVB, C Eriksen, J Sancho, F Pellistri or Amad(one will stay), Alvaro Fernandez and Mason Greenwood.

The Club will then try and buy the following;
J Brantwaite(HG/55m)
J Todibo (10m loan obligation to buy)
Or A Anselmino
J Frimpong(34m/HG)

A Rabiot (Free /10m signing on)
R Barclay (Free/ 4m signing on HG)
J Neves (85m)

M olise (55m/HG)
I Toney or D Solanki (55m/HG)

That’s a total of £310m - £150m plus the wages saved means it’s probably a net spend of £100m and mostly PL players or sure things.

AneRu

None of the players currently linked inspire me with much confidence, most of the players you guys are listing are not proven in the English Premier League and this seems to be the problem going back over a decade now. Either we are trying to sign Elite Football Mercenaries like ; Angel Di Maria, Mateo Darmian, Alexis Sanchez,
R Falcao, P Pogba, A Herrera
Z Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Ronaldo, Schweinsteiger, D Blind, Memphis Depay.

With the exception of Zlatan, A Herrera and too a lesser extent Cavani and Ronaldo all of these have been huge mistakes, Daley Blind was ok for what he cost but all of them struggled with the pace and adjusting to the intensity of the PL. I know Sanchez and Ronaldo had produced exceptional stats previously but not really for us in the last 10 years.

The irony is neither Juan Mata, Morgan Schneiderlain, H Maguire, L Shaw, Lukaku, Feillani really made their mark on the club but they all adjusted quicker and probably have better value, but still nowhere near what United required. Morgan Schnederlain should have been a sure fire hit but he couldn’t hack it here and went to Everton.

I just don’t think the club can afford a scatter gun approach this summer with 9 or 10 new players coming in, especially such radically changes in defence. We know Varane going, Malacia is injured so can’t be sold and AWB is just not good enough, plus Johny Evans may well retire. That’s 4 maybe 5 defenders if we sell Lindelof, we can’t sell Maguire this summer, he’s an excellent 3rd or 4th Choice CB. If Lindelof stays the club only buys 1

In Midfield I only see the club selling Casemiro, Amrabat being sent back and Eriksen being sold on the Cheap, DVB probably released on a free and if there is a taker for Hanibal, they’ll sell him too.

The attacking positions are different because Sancho, Pellistri and Greenwood will be sold and maybe Amad too.

That means that for all the leaks that everyone at the club is up for sale, we are going through a huge upheaval and restructure above the first team and coach and I see a lot of the players actually staying. I think our squad without any new signings but absolute departures will look like this ;

Man United First Team Squad 2024/25
Goalkeepers; A Onana, A Bayinder,
T Heaton(1 year extension)

Defenders; L Shaw, D Dalot, T Malacia(not fit to sell), V Lindelof or A Anselmino, H Maguire, L Martinez, W Kambwala,
2* CB (Todibo, J Braithwaite, M Kilman)
New FB (J Frimpong, Alt Nouri, M Guiterez)

if Lindelof Is sold we will buy another but a young CB like Aaron Aselmino who is available for £15m. We’ll spend £90-100m on 3 defenders who will be on maybe £300k per week combined on 5 year so the club saves Varane, Lindelof, AWB, J Evans £630k per week on wages which is £32m per year and receives £25m for Lindelof and AWB, both players transfer fees are paid so you have about £37m per year to offset against £20m amortised in transfer if players are given 5 years and new wages of £15m per year. This is why the club need to get rid of Varane.

Midfield - The club won’t sell Bruno, it’s already struggling for goals and this would be a huge risk right now. But selling Casemiro, Eriksen, Sending back Amrabat and selling DVB and Hanibal would free up nearly £800k or £40m per year on wages and probably generate £30-35m of actual cash. Ideal scenario here is A Rabiot on a free and J Neves for £90m, I’d even take R Barkley as well on free to make up the numbers which would Mean ;
Midfield Options - A Rabiot, R Barkley, J Neves, K Mainoo, M Mount, S Mctominay and Bruno

Attacking Options - Rashford, Garnaucho,
R Hojlund, Antony, M Olise and D Solanke or I Toney.

I think the powers that be will either go mostly British, academy players from English academies that they know or general a sure thing from Europe, the risks will be mitigated this summer that’s why I see the club maybe making £150m by selling all of these players ; AWB,
V Lindelof, Casemiro, Hanibal, DVB, C Eriksen, J Sancho, F Pellistri or Amad(one will stay), Alvaro Fernandez and Mason Greenwood.

The Club will then try and buy the following;
J Brantwaite(HG/55m)
J Todibo (10m loan obligation to buy)
Or A Anselmino
J Frimpong(34m/HG)

A Rabiot (Free /10m signing on)
R Barclay (Free/ 4m signing on HG)

J Neves (85m)

M olise (55m/HG)
I Toney or D Solanki (55m/HG)

That’s a total of £310m - £150m plus the wages saved means it’s probably a net spend of £100m and mostly PL players or sure things.
These two, on a free or even for signing on fees under 20m, will be grand. Agree that we need two CBs and I think an LB is not optional, we can keep AWB as back up RB for a year - he has his issues when he is fit and confident.

I'd hold back on signing a winger, see what our options (Rashford, Garnacho, Antony and Amad) can deliver then see what we can do about it in 2026. What we need more of is a PL proven striker especially one who can bring team mates into play, Hoijlund has done reasonably well, under the circumstances, but we need more and we need it now.

So a couple of CBs 90m
Left back 30m
Barkely and Rabiot 20m
Striker 70m. Could see us coming out on the other side with a solid team that can wrestle back a top 4 finish. It's imperative that we don't do the Glazer antics of stopping the rebuild in the second summer, this is what killed the Mourinho and Ole stints here. We need continuous improvement.

Hurrikeen

I think you need a CB, and as much as Brathwaite is flavour of the month, you need someone to deliver immediately.

You need full backs. Shaw on top form walks into most teams but you can’t rely on that.

You absolutely need a #6. A proper hard working but ball playing defensive midfielder. Not a player who’s limited, but an expert in that position.

Then another CM.

You also need two wingers. Not two players who can run fast but offer feck all, but two players who can, dribble and create.

Finally, you need a striker. Not to replace Hojlund, but to help him.

Woziak

These two, on a free or even for signing on fees under 20m, will be grand. Agree that we need two CBs and I think an LB is not optional, we can keep AWB as back up RB for a year - he has his issues when he is fit and confident.

I'd hold back on signing a winger, see what our options (Rashford, Garnacho, Antony and Amad) can deliver then see what we can do about it in 2026. What we need more of is a PL proven striker especially one who can bring team mates into play, Hoijlund has done reasonably well, under the circumstances, but we need more and we need it now.

So a couple of CBs 90m
Left back 30m
Barkely and Rabiot 20m
Striker 70m. Could see us coming out on the other side with a solid team that can wrestle back a top 4 finish. It's imperative that we don't do the Glazer antics of stopping the rebuild in the second summer, this is what killed the Mourinho and Ole stints here. We need continuous improvement.
Agree on the top CF. This is a must I’d like to see a plan for this summer which targets Top 4 and a cup win, I don’t think we will have European football next season which will be an aid and a hinderance.

The players should be at top fitness having 40-47 games only however the Europa Conference or Europa would have been ideal competitions to develop some of the talented under 18 players coming through. We should identify 3/4 of these players and develop them with the first team next season adding to a squad of 25 max.

I’m 99% sure ETH gone and Ineos are just indirectly stroking his ego so they can try and finish with an Fa Cup and a Europa League position, as soon as that’s not possible so May 25th he’ll be gone or at best be giving 10 PL games next season to prove himself?

Goal Keeper - All of a sudden we are being linked with a keeper, makes me think Bayinder is being Sold maybe £7m and we are looking at GK to fight it out with Onana. Andre Lunin is available at maybe £15m and would be seen as smart business plus it would give the new coach or ETH a serious option on who is number 1 is, don’t discount Jordan Pickford as well, he wants to leave Everton this summer and again this could be a cut price deal.

The Spine - Your 100% right if the club does not invest in a more solid spine, the club is only going backwards, United need a 26-29 year seasoned CB that’s coming up to his best years, an experienced CM/DM, Maybe two to compliment their younger players here and desperately need a 24-28 year old experienced number 9, whose physical and preferably PL proven. I think if we could get a top CB like Bremer, Bastoni, Skriniar, Marquinhos to compliment Jared Branthwaite then we can start to build from the back, we need legs in midfield that’s why Jao Neves, even at £85m is a must to go alongside Adrien Rabiot, Mainoo, Bruno and Mount. Add Ivan Toney, Dominic Solanki or Dovbyk and you’re looking at £250-275m to sort out the spine of the team and even then you have no guarantees!

Eithan Wheatley, Jack Fletcher, Shea Lacey, Max Oyedele, James Scanlon, Dan Gore, Finlay Macalister, Eithan Williams, Gabriele Biancheri and Victor Mussa are the best prospects currently in the youth set up.

Their ages range from 17 to 20 and we need to say that 4/5 will come through by 25/26 season when Lacey the youngest will be 18.

If we could add five players from the current youth set up ;
Winger(S Lacey), a Number 9( E Wheatley), a DM (M Oyedele), a BTB (J Scanlan) and a
Left Back(H Amass) to the squad for 25/26 season and look at planing out 3 sensible transfer windows where we have an end goal and a strategic plan with regard to the next three transfer windows.

Lets say that the squad that is required in 25/26 is to compete in the CL again and we’ve added 5 players from the youth who are still developing, plus in that time the club has decided that Bruno or Rashford has departed, maybe both. This squad needs 28/29 players and 2 internationals for every position.

Planed 25/26 Squad
GK - *
D Costa, A Onana, R Vitek(HG)
Defenders(10) - D Dalot, *J Frimpong(HG), L Shaw, *M Gutierrez, H Amass(HG), L Martinez, W Kambwala(HG),
*J Branthwaite(HG), * A Silva, * J C Todibo
Midfield(8)- *A Rabiot, M Oyedele(HG), K Mainoo(HG), *R Barkley(HG), * J Neves, M Mount(HG), Bruno, J Scanlan(HG)
Attack(8) - R Hojlund, A Garnaucho(HG), Amad Dialo, *M Olise(HG), *R Laeo, S Lacey(HG), E Wheatley (HG), *D Solanki (HG)

I want to see the U21 start wining PL2 again so this will allow the players to play competitively but also with a path to the full team, currently squads are too small as at least 7 or 8 players are always unavailable through injury.

Selling H Maguire, AWB, S Mctominay,
M Rashford, M Greenwood, J Sancho,
A Fernandes, Antony, Will Fish,
V Lindelof, Casemiro, C Eriksen, F Pellistri, Hanibal, DVB over the next 3 windows should raise £200-240m.

Buying D Costa, J Frimpong, A Silva,
J C Todibo, A Rabiot, R Barkley,
J Branthwaite, J Neves, M Olise, R Laeo,
D Solanki, M Gutierrez. Would probably cost £500m

Summary
That’s a net spend of £250m probably less with the wages being adjusted over 3 transfer windows. So this summer 2024, we buy 7 of the 12 and sell maybe 10 of the 15 players outgoing, in the winter window we buy 2 and sell 3 then summer 25, we buy 3 and sell 2.
Bruno becomes reinvested as he’s also overseeing a lot of the young Portuguese talent and he at 30/31 he plays less football but his numbers go up. We might also need another midfielder if one of the youth set up doesn’t make the step up and we should be looking at Archie Gray, AKEX Scott or Adam Wharton.

aeh1991

Agree on the top CF. This is a must I’d like to see a plan for this summer which targets Top 4 and a cup win, I don’t think we will have European football next season which will be an aid and a hinderance.

The players should be at top fitness having 40-47 games only however the Europa Conference or Europa would have been ideal competitions to develop some of the talented under 18 players coming through. We should identify 3/4 of these players and develop them with the first team next season adding to a squad of 25 max.

I’m 99% sure ETH gone and Ineos are just indirectly stroking his ego so they can try and finish with an Fa Cup and a Europa League position, as soon as that’s not possible so May 25th he’ll be gone or at best be giving 10 PL games next season to prove himself?

Goal Keeper - All of a sudden we are being linked with a keeper, makes me think Bayinder is being Sold maybe £7m and we are looking at GK to fight it out with Onana. Andre Lunin is available at maybe £15m and would be seen as smart business plus it would give the new coach or ETH a serious option on who is number 1 is, don’t discount Jordan Pickford as well, he wants to leave Everton this summer and again this could be a cut price deal.

The Spine - Your 100% right if the club does not invest in a more solid spine, the club is only going backwards, United need a 26-29 year seasoned CB that’s coming up to his best years, an experienced CM/DM, Maybe two to compliment their younger players here and desperately need a 24-28 year old experienced number 9, whose physical and preferably PL proven. I think if we could get a top CB like Bremer, Bastoni, Skriniar, Marquinhos to compliment Jared Branthwaite then we can start to build from the back, we need legs in midfield that’s why Jao Neves, even at £85m is a must to go alongside Adrien Rabiot, Mainoo, Bruno and Mount. Add Ivan Toney, Dominic Solanki or Dovbyk and you’re looking at £250-275m to sort out the spine of the team and even then you have no guarantees!

Eithan Wheatley, Jack Fletcher, Shea Lacey, Max Oyedele, James Scanlon, Dan Gore, Finlay Macalister, Eithan Williams, Gabriele Biancheri and Victor Mussa are the best prospects currently in the youth set up.

Their ages range from 17 to 20 and we need to say that 4/5 will come through by 25/26 season when Lacey the youngest will be 18.

If we could add five players from the current youth set up ;
Winger(S Lacey), a Number 9( E Wheatley), a DM (M Oyedele), a BTB (J Scanlan) and a
Left Back(H Amass) to the squad for 25/26 season and look at planing out 3 sensible transfer windows where we have an end goal and a strategic plan with regard to the next three transfer windows.

Lets say that the squad that is required in 25/26 is to compete in the CL again and we’ve added 5 players from the youth who are still developing, plus in that time the club has decided that Bruno or Rashford has departed, maybe both. This squad needs 28/29 players and 2 internationals for every position.

Planed 25/26 Squad
GK - *
D Costa, A Onana, R Vitek(HG)
Defenders(10) - D Dalot, *J Frimpong(HG), L Shaw, *M Gutierrez, H Amass(HG), L Martinez, W Kambwala(HG),
*J Branthwaite(HG), * A Silva, * J C Todibo
Midfield(8)- *A Rabiot, M Oyedele(HG), K Mainoo(HG), *R Barkley(HG), * J Neves, M Mount(HG), Bruno, J Scanlan(HG)
Attack(8) - R Hojlund, A Garnaucho(HG), Amad Dialo, *M Olise(HG), *R Laeo, S Lacey(HG), E Wheatley (HG), *D Solanki (HG)

I want to see the U21 start wining PL2 again so this will allow the players to play competitively but also with a path to the full team, currently squads are too small as at least 7 or 8 players are always unavailable through injury.

Selling H Maguire, AWB, S Mctominay,
M Rashford, M Greenwood, J Sancho,
A Fernandes, Antony, Will Fish,
V Lindelof, Casemiro, C Eriksen, F Pellistri, Hanibal, DVB over the next 3 windows should raise £200-240m.

Buying D Costa, J Frimpong, A Silva,
J C Todibo, A Rabiot, R Barkley,
J Branthwaite, J Neves, M Olise, R Laeo,
D Solanki, M Gutierrez. Would probably cost £500m

Summary
That’s a net spend of £250m probably less with the wages being adjusted over 3 transfer windows. So this summer 2024, we buy 7 of the 12 and sell maybe 10 of the 15 players outgoing, in the winter window we buy 2 and sell 3 then summer 25, we buy 3 and sell 2.
Bruno becomes reinvested as he’s also overseeing a lot of the young Portuguese talent and he at 30/31 he plays less football but his numbers go up. We might also need another midfielder if one of the youth set up doesn’t make the step up and we should be looking at Archie Gray, AKEX Scott or Adam Wharton.
I'm sorry but this sounds like fifa career mode. We won't get 250m by selling the players you listed and the players you want to sign would cost around 600-650m.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I'm sorry but this sounds like fifa career mode. We won't get 250m by selling the players you listed and the players you want to sign would cost around 600-650m.
And 4/5 coming thru in 25/26 is als o pie in the sky

Woziak

Didn’t people say the same about class of 92 for the record 2/3 have already come through, I’m more than confident that 2/3 more will come through as this is the best youth squad in ages, I’m sure some will be useful squad players, Phil Neville and Darren Fletcher were never outstanding footballers but they were great squad members, and for the record I’m not saying this is going to happen, I’m stating unequivocally that this is how INEOS want to operate, they literally want to strip the club, sell as many assets as they can, reduce the employed staff to have a leaner economical club. They want to reduce the wages and make sure no more £80-100m four and five year contracts are handed out!

United hierarchy might be thinking if we can get Rashford back in form next season, we can sell him next summer for £100m which is what he would have been sold for last summer, they have had the squad valued and they will not let players go for 50-60% of their value, if Dortmund want Sancho pay £40m, if not Juventus or PSG probably will maybe even £50m if he has a hand in knocking PSG out the CL.

Woziak

You do know that Mainoo, Kambawla and Wheatley are all emerging this year yes?

You sign a 26-28 old striker like Ivan Toney or D Solanki, you now have A 26-28 year old, 21-23 year old Rasmus and 19-20 year old Eithan Wheatley coming through, one gets injured highly likely with how our club works and you still have two, one to start one to be on the bench. Europa Conference or Europa League allows you to involve more of the youth more frequently and develop them.

Remember the geese

Some of these players are not even close to being our best prospects.

Borussia Teeth

Didn’t people say the same about class of 92 for the record 2/3 have already come through, I’m more than confident that 2/3 more will come through as this is the best youth squad in ages, I’m sure some will be useful squad players, Phil Neville and Darren Fletcher were never outstanding footballers but they were great squad members, and for the record I’m not saying this is going to happen, I’m stating unequivocally that this is how INEOS want to operate, they literally want to strip the club, sell as many assets as they can, reduce the employed staff to have a leaner economical club. They want to reduce the wages and make sure no more £80-100m four and five year contracts are handed out!

United hierarchy might be thinking if we can get Rashford back in form next season, we can sell him next summer for £100m which is what he would have been sold for last summer, they have had the squad valued and they will not let players go for 50-60% of their value, if Dortmund want Sancho pay £40m, if not Juventus or PSG probably will maybe even £50m if he has a hand in knocking PSG out the CL.
Then we will be stuck with a lot of our unwanted players. We can't expect market value when we pay these players well above their market value in wages.

I always find your posts to be very informative in terms of FFP, PSR etc but you seem to be clueless when valuing our player sales. Ineos will have better negotiators than Woodward/Judge/Murtough but they can't magically make clubs want to spend big money on our overpaid deadwood.

Woziak

Some of these players are not even close to being our best prospects.
Please name those that are better that do not have obvious choices In front of them, in other words the squad needs. Harry Amass should cone through, Physically Wheatley and Scanlon are more suited to mens football and Lacey is one of the best talents we’ve seen in the last decade, I could have named Kai Rooney and Amir Ivragimov but they are only 15 and 16 respectively, the young goalkeeper has a chance but it’s mostly in Midfield that United seriously struggle with energetic players, We sold James Garner, not many fans rated him but he would currently walk into this squad.

United fans right now suffer illusions of Grandeurs, have you seen the first team play recently, Casemiro, Eriksen, Amrabat are three of the slowest midfield players I’ve ever seen at this club, tell me now that Garner on current form would not be in the team instead of those 3 as DM or a CM.

Remember the geese

Please name those that are better that do not have obvious choices In front of them, in other words the squad needs. Harry Amass should cone through, Physically Wheatley and Scanlon are more suited to mens football and Lacey is one of the best talents we’ve seen in the last decade, I could have named Kai Rooney and Amir Ivragimov but they are only 15 and 16 respectively, the young goalkeeper has a chance but it’s mostly in Midfield that United seriously struggle with energetic players, We sold James Garner, not many fans rated him but he would currently walk into this squad.

United fans right now suffer illusions of Grandeurs, have you seen the first team play recently, Casemiro, Eriksen, Amrabat are three of the slowest midfield players I’ve ever seen at this club, tell me now that Garner on current form would not be in the team instead of those 3 as DM or a CM.
You named Oyedele and Musa. They are not making it at United and not among our best prospects.

Woziak

Then we will be stuck with a lot of our unwanted players. We can't expect market value when we pay these players well above their market value in wages.

I always find your posts to be very informative in terms of FFP, PSR etc but you seem to be clueless when valuing our player sales. Ineos will have better negotiators than Woodward/Judge/Murtough but they can't magically make clubs want to spend big money on our overpaid deadwood.
I’m not valuing our players, I’m referring to what Ineos want to receive for them.They have been briefing the media now for about three months, everyone’s for sell, apart from 3 players.

They will not want to sell Sancho or Grenwood for less than £35m, they will think that Maguire is worth £35m, they will think that S Mctominay is worth £40m, attacking midfielder, Scotlands talisman, scored 10 goals on low wages. Just because the club has been absolutely useless in the past at selling players doesn’t mean they will be now.

A player like Casemiro must be sold for £25/30m as the club owes two instalments of £15m otherwise it will show as a loss on your accounts, they will want the Saudis to pay £30m and explain that Casemiro is a much better player than Fabinho who they paid £40m for!

I’m trying to explain how I think they will work looking at the accounts, which I believe is why the new CFO, Roger Bell was put in place, he’s an Ineos Man and a lifetime United Fan and there will be some very clever accounting in next years report.

The most important part of this is restructuring the wage bill not just on the field but off too and that’s what they are doing, they see a £331m wage bill as completely untenable to the success generated on the field of play!

Woziak

You named Oyedele and Musa. They are not making it at United and not among our best prospects.
Musa is just 17 and will develop Oyedele has gone backward recently but he’ll be a polish full international's by the time he’s 22/23 just because of his ridiculous engine plus I never included either of these in a 25/26 first team squad. These players can develop on loan have a great career in the PL and the club sell them for 100% profit. We have far more opportunities in this regard now than in the previous decade.

Remember the geese

Musa is just 17 and will develop Oyedele has gone backward recently but he’ll be a polish full international's by the time he’s 22/23 just because of his ridiculous engine plus I never included either of these in a 25/26 first team squad. These players can develop on loan have a great career in the PL and the club sell them for 100% profit. We have far more opportunities in this regard now than in the previous decade.
I would hope that Musa will develop because he's so far off the level required. No chance he's making it here. Oyedele looked fairly promising a couple of years ago, but hasn't kicked on at all. You did include him in your 25/26 first team squad.

We do have some talented youngsters, but I took exception to those two in particular.

Borussia Teeth

I’m not valuing our players, I’m referring to what Ineos want to receive for them.They have been briefing the media now for about three months, everyone’s for sell, apart from 3 players.

They will not want to sell Sancho or Greenwood for less than £35m, they will think that Maguire is worth £35m, they will think that S Mctominay is worth £40m, attacking midfielder, Dcptlands talisman, scored 10 goals on low wages. Just because the club has been absolutely useless in the past at selling players doesn’t mean they will be now.

A player like Casemiro must be sold for £25/30m as the club owes two instalments of £15m otherwise it will show as a loss on your accounts, they will want the Saudis to pay £30m and explain that Casemiro is a much better player than Fabinho who they paid £40m for!

I’m trying to explain how I think they will work looking at the accounts, which I believe is why the new CFO, Roger Bell was put in place, he’s an Ineos Man and a lifetime United Fan and there will be some very clever accounting in next years report.

The most important part of this is restructuring the wage bill not just on the field but off too and that’s what they are doing, they see a £331m wage bill as completely untenable to the success generated on the field of play!
I seriously doubt we will get these figures for our players. We all know the Greenwood situation, we have a very weak hand in negotiations.

Sancho's wages make him a difficult sale. We would have to hope PSG look at him as an Mbappe replacement.

As for Maguire, I asked the question in his transfer thread last summer multiple times: name me a defender, any defender over the age of 30 signed by a mid table club (big clubs won't want him) for 30m+ on 190k pw (we all saw last year that he won't take a pay cut)?

We can ask a similar question about McTominay. Once again, none of the big clubs will be in for him; he will go to a mid table club. 40m, even 30m is a lot for teams outside of the traditional big 6 and Newcastle.

I get your point about comparing a Casemiro fee with Fabinho's fee but we don't even know if Case would want to go there or if any Saudi clubs would be stupid enough to make that investment.

Ineos will find player sales difficult because of mistakes from the previous regime. As I said in my original reply: we can't magically make clubs want to spend big money on our overpaid players

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
You do know that Mainoo, Kambawla and Wheatley are all emerging this year yes?

You sign a 26-28 old striker like Ivan Toney or D Solanki, you now have A 26-28 year old, 21-23 year old Rasmus and 19-20 year old Eithan Wheatley coming through, one gets injured highly likely with how our club works and you still have two, one to start one to be on the bench. Europa Conference or Europa League allows you to involve more of the youth more and develop them.
Mainoo isn't coming thru, he's already arrived and Kambawla is already thru the door and you seem to be convinced there's another 4/5 coming in another year or so, I hope it happens but I don't see it

Last edited:

Woziak

I would hope that Musa will develop because he's so far off the level required. No chance he's making it here. Oyedele looked fairly promising a couple of years ago, but hasn't kicked on at all. You did include him in your 25/26 first team squad.

We do have some talented youngsters, but I took exception to those two in particular.
Yep your right I did include him, saw him for the youth team a lot last couple of seasons and he has a good engines but he’s regressed maybe Dan Gore or Finlay Macalister are a better shout, I’m not saying that all these players will come through, I’m saying that even an under 21 right now that runs all game and gives everything looks like a much better investment at £10-15k per week than a 31-32 year old on £200-375k per week that just can’t handle the intensity of the PL and Amrabat, Eriksen, Casemiro at £600+ plus a week is shambolic planing from the previous DOF and CEO.

Woziak

Mainoo isn't coming thru, he's already arrived and Kambawla is al, persiready thru the door and you seem to be convinced there's another 4/5 coming in another year or so, I hope it happens but I don't see it
Well there’s no chance of seeing much coming through without European football and Kambawla still has a lot of improving to come through as a permanent fixture but he will I’m sure.

aeh1991

I would be more than happy if we can even manage to make 4-5 good transfers that make our squad better overall. And we can only make 1 big money signing maximum (J.Neves, a CB like A.Silva/Branthwaite or a striker). So my choice of the three would be a proper striker like Osimhen or J.Neves as a long term investment.

Players that imo we must sign this summer are M.Gutierrez and J.Todibo because obviously Varane needs replacement and we need competition (someone who stays fit) for Shaw. Also a DM who doesn't cost as much as Onana.

jesperjaap

Its unrealistic to say what we need, as looking at our squad, there are up to 20players I would probably move on. I do think there will definately be double figures....but there is that perennial problem, several weonly may able to loan,so talk of raising £2-300mis overly hopeful.

So I am naming four key signings, RCB and DM are the priorities inimproving our first eleven and my other two signingsarebth versatile andbetween them add depth to SIX positions.

RCB - Diomonde - £45m
DM - Neves - £90m

Two potential world class players,that could giveus two potetial world classa partnerships alongside Martinez and Mainoo. I just think thse are thetwo best options out there.

The versatil signings would be:

Scalvini - £40m
We will almost certainly be short in termsof numbers at cb and dm withour outgoings, Scalvini offers depth, physicality and quality to both.

Desire Doue - £25m
In termsof price, versatility andotential,heisTHE must sign for me this summer. He reminds me abit of Dele Ali when he wasgood....but with pace and fantasticdribbling ability. Within ayear or two i think Neves, Doue and Mainoo could form the best midfield in Europe. This guy caplay as adeep lying play maker, box to box midfielder, number 10, he has everything....inthe shorter term though I thinkhe allowsus to try and sell several wide players, replacing any or allof Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Antony...as givehim a coupleof months he isstarring for us on either flank. Personally unless we sell Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho....with our priorities Idont think wean go and spend £50mon anOlise,Eze or similar....this guy saves us a fortune this summer, andmaybegives ustime to bring through the likes of Lacey.

That is a £200m window so anything else is dependant on sales a back up striker is needed and an attacking RB wouldalsoimprove usa lot I feel as dont buy into DAlot at all. A young LB andif allthe wingers do leave that have rumours...maybe a second winger.

I think we are going to see 7/8sales and probably 5/6dissapointing loans we an move on and we dont raise under £150m somaybe 6 come in, but that only leaves about £50mfor the other two,which rules out all myfirst choices...but those four wouldallbe great signings this summer for me

Redivy

Its unrealistic to say what we need, as looking at our squad, there are up to 20players I would probably move on. I do think there will definately be double figures....but there is that perennial problem, several weonly may able to loan,so talk of raising £2-300mis overly hopeful.

So I am naming four key signings, RCB and DM are the priorities inimproving our first eleven and my other two signingsarebth versatile andbetween them add depth to SIX positions.

RCB - Diomonde - £45m
DM - Neves - £90m

Two potential world class players,that could giveus two potetial world classa partnerships alongside Martinez and Mainoo. I just think thse are thetwo best options out there.

Scalvini - £40m
We will almost certainly be short in termsof numbers at cb and dm withour outgoings, Scalvini offers depth, physicality and quality to both.

Desire Doue - £25m
In termsof price, versatility andotential,heisTHE must sign for me this summer. He reminds me abit of Dele Ali when he wasgood....but with pace and fantasticdribbling ability. Within ayear or two i think Neves, Doue and Mainoo could form the best midfield in Europe. This guy caplay as adeep lying play maker, box to box midfielder, number 10, he has everything....inthe shorter term though I thinkhe allowsus to try and sell several wide players, replacing any or allof Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Antony...as givehim a coupleof months he isstarring for us on either flank. Personally unless we sell Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho....with our priorities Idont think wean go and spend £50mon anOlise,Eze or similar....this guy saves us a fortune this summer, andmaybegives ustime to bring through the likes of Lacey.

That is a £200m window so anything else is dependant on sales a back up striker is needed and an attacking RB wouldalsoimprove usa lot I feel as dont buy into DAlot at all. A young LB andif allthe wingers do leave that have rumours...maybe a second winger.

I think we are going to see 7/8sales and probably 5/6dissapointing loans we an move on and we dont raise under £150m somaybe 6 come in, but that only leaves about £50mfor the other two,which rules out all myfirst choices...but those four wouldallbe great signings this summer for me
I would love Doue at our club, he is such a fun footballer to watch.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’ve seen Lacey mentioned in several posts, he’s at least a year away in my opinion. Though a loan experience may speed things up

The Irish Connection

RCB - Diomonde - £45m
DM - Neves - £90m

Scalvini - £40m

Desire Doue - £25m

Looks quality for his age. And if that’s the price then would be a clever signing for the wings/attacking midfield.

Grande

They will not want to sell Sancho or Grenwood for less than £35m, they will think that Maguire is worth £35m, they will think that S Mctominay is worth £40m, attacking midfielder, Scotlands talisman, scored 10 goals on low wages. Just because the club has been absolutely useless in the past at selling players doesn’t mean they will be now.

You might be right about what Radcliffe et al. want, but if noone wants to pay that, do you expect us to keep all of Maguire, Casemiro, McTominay, Sancho and Greenwood at the club or loned out next season? I wouldn’t be shocked, tbh, but I don’t think it’s a good idea.

Woziak

You might be right about what Radcliffe et al. want, but if noone wants to pay that, do you expect us to keep all of Maguire, Casemiro, McTominay, Sancho and Greenwood at the club or loned out next season? I wouldn’t be shocked, tbh, but I don’t think it’s a good idea.
Ok this is how they view it ;

1. Harry Maguire is 30/31 England’s starting 11 CB, he’s had a good season dominant aerially and PL proven, he has one plus one still on his contract. At the time the club amortised his cost of £80m on a 6 year contract. So currently his cost is £13.33m plus his wages which will be reduce by 25% next season from £200k to £150k by 52 is £7.9 in wages.
This means it’s easier to get rid of him next year as the club only needs £13.3m in transfer value to pay of his amortised debt and £7.9m wages are easier to assist with. United could say to Everton, We value him at £35m but will pay him a £10m severance fee plus give you the player and £40m for Jared Branthwaite which means you receive a valuation of £70-75m for
J Branthwaite and you can pay H Maguire £125k per week as we’ve paid off his last year of his contract.

2. Casemiro is on his retirement plan, Saudi is the most obvious choice as they have wanted him for 2 years now.
United still owe £30m in transfer fees so they will want that value to sell the asset at a neutral value not a loss. I wouldn’t be surprised that United were not asking for £35-40m for Casemiro, of course they will not get that but only 12 months ago he was in the FIFPRO team of the year. There is a demand for a Brazilian 5 times CL winner in SA.

3. Scott Mctominay has found his position he’s a number 10, AM or number 8, He scores goals is Scotland’s Talisman and his wages are only £60k per week, he’s 26 so prime age and has 12 months plus 1 year left on contract. He’s played 39 matches this season scored 10 goals has 3 assists from 2383 minutes, He basically scores or assists every 2 games or 180minutes.
Currently at 26 with proposed wages of 100-120k he’s easily worth £35-45m to multiple teams including Newcastle, Villa, Everton, Bayern, Athletico, Juventus

4. Jadon Sancho, only 24 on huge wages which is why the club will discount his sale vale from £50-55m to £35-45m, Dortmund won’t be the only suitors in town, if he knocks out PSG, he’s a huge upgrade now and in 2-3 years when he matures on all Chelsea left wingers, PSG won’t have a left winger in the summer and Juventus have coveted him for a long time. United won’t sell him unless someone gives them at least £40m.

5. Mason Greenwood has had a good season the cun activated their plus 1 on his contract so now they have two years, they have to pay Getafe 20% as part of the deal for any player sale. That’s why the club wants £35-45m they will only net £25-35m from the sale, again Juventus and Atletico plus AC Milan have shown interest.

The new hierarchy at old Trafford want other teams in Europe and the PL to realise they are no longer dealing with incompetent idiots who fold at every request!

Bwuk

Seeing all the Arsenal links to Bruno G, shouldn’t we be in for that?

Bruno G x Mainoo x Bruno F would be superb.

Borussia Teeth

1. Harry Maguire is 30/31 England’s starting 11 CB, he’s had a good season dominant aerially and PL proven, he has one plus one still on his contract. At the time the club amortised his cost of £80m on a 6 year contract. So currently his cost is £13.33m plus his wages which will be reduce by 25% next season from £200k to £150k by 52 is £7.9 in wages.
This means it’s easier to get rid of him next year as the club only needs £13.3m in transfer value to pay of his amortised debt and £7.9m wages are easier to assist with. United could say to Everton, We value him at £35m but will pay him a £10m severance fee plus give you the player and £40m for Jared Branthwaite which means you receive a valuation of £70-75m for
J Branthwaite and you can pay H Maguire £125k per week as we’ve paid off his last year of his contract.

2. Casemiro is on his retirement plan, Saudi is the most obvious choice as they have wanted him for 2 years now.
United still owe £30m in transfer fees so they will want that value to sell the asset at a neutral value not a loss. I wouldn’t be surprised that United were not asking for £35-40m for Casemiro, of course they will not get that but only 12 months ago he was in the FIFPRO team of the year. There is a demand for a Brazilian 5 times CL winner in SA.

3. Scott Mctominay has found his position he’s a number 10, AM or number 8, He scores goals is Scotland’s Talisman and his wages are only £60k per week, he’s 26 so prime age and has 12 months plus 1 year left on contract. He’s played 39 matches this season scored 10 goals has 3 assists from 2383 minutes, He basically scores or assists every 2 games or 180minutes.
Currently at 26 with proposed wages of 100-120k he’s easily worth £35-45m to multiple teams including Newcastle, Villa, Everton, Bayern, Athletico, Juventus

4. Jadon Sancho, only 24 on huge wages which is why the club will discount his sale vale from £50-55m to £35-45m, Dortmund won’t be the only suitors in town, if he knocks out PSG, he’s a huge upgrade now and in 2-3 years when he matures on all Chelsea left wingers, PSG won’t have a left winger in the summer and Juventus have coveted him for a long time. United won’t sell him unless someone gives them at least £40m.

5. Mason Greenwood has had a good season the cun activated their plus 1 on his contract so now they have two years, they have to pay Getafe 20% as part of the deal for any player sale. That’s why the club wants £35-45m they will only net £25-35m from the sale, again Juventus and Atletico plus AC Milan have shown interest.

The new hierarchy at old Trafford want other teams in Europe and the PL to realise they are no longer dealing with incompetent idiots who fold at every request!
This is not how they view it, it's how you view it.

Woziak

This is not how they view it, it's how you view it.
Then why are the briefing the media that they are looking for at least £40m or €50m for Sancho and Greenwood, why did the club torn down £60m combined for Maguire and McTominay combined last year?

aeh1991

Sounds all good, but there is a massive difference between how we/they rate them and what we will effectively get. It's very optimistic and don't reflect the struggle we had last summer. We could say it's partly due to the incapacity of the old board, but even if we ignore that, it's gonna be really tough to ship off those players unless we go down drastically with our asking fees.

LordSpud

Can't see how we are any better next season. The amount of outgoings and incomings is just not feasible in one summer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Can't see how we are any better next season. The amount of outgoings and incomings is just not feasible in one summer.
I think it looks so much worse than it is to be honest. We will get a CB, CM and CF for sure. After that it's improving the squad.and if we're not in Europe, we don't need a massive squad, id rather leave spots open for youth players and a coach can spend most of his time on the training pitch.

Red_Orchestra

We need to just focus on a pair of centerbacks and a specialist #6, they should be our top priority.
We will look so much better when these positions are sorted.

Roboc7

We need either a starter or squad player in every single position with exception of AM. In some positions we need 2 or 3 players even. In three years time the vast majority of this squad need to be gone. Not going to happen in one window obviously but have to finally commit to a massive overhaul.

Last edited:

Highfather_24

Centreback
Defensive Mid
Right Winger/Backup Striker (versatile forward)
Right Back
DM/Fullback (utility player)

The first 4 need to be starting level players. Talks of squad overhaul is not realistic, 4-5 transfers are. Need to be sharp in the market, sus out good free agents/deals.

-----------Onana
RB--CB--Martinez--Shaw
-------DM----Mainoo
RW-----Bruno----Garnacho
----------Hojlund

Michael T

We need to just focus on a pair of centerbacks and a specialist #6, they should be our top priority.
Agreed. Hopefully the new backroom staff are working on this as we speak. Young players and the best in class we can get. I would be looking for a new LB also. Then see where we are in January.

AneRu

You are right on the money, it's easy to throw away the baby and the bath water but these aren't all bad players and last year they were run into the ground by the moron we have in the dugout in pursuit of the League Cup and the Europa. The injuries we have could be a result of burnout and whatever training methods we are employing.

Get a couple of robust and technical CBs in addition to a DM we suddenly stop ceding so many shots at goal, our build up improves and hopefully a tactical shift doesn't turn our midfield into a playing field for opponents. With Bruno and Rashford around we have something to build an attack on and the hope is that Hoijlund pushes on, Garnacho pushes on and maybe Amad contributes more.