What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

Mylock

What we need is basically 4 things to improve
Energy in midfield​
an injury free season​
a inspiring leader on the line​
more goals​

Josep Dowling

The club is in the worse position it’s been post Sir Alex in my opinion and we have to deal with FFP. It’s going to take years to get this sorted.

In terms of sales you need to shift:

Maguire (can’t play a high line)
Varane (salary and injury prone)
Lindelof (not good enough)
Wan Bissaka (not good enough)
McTominay (played as a CM but can’t play that position, not good enough)
Casemiro (salary and been poor this season)
Eriksen (poor this season)
Sancho (salary and attitude)
Rashford (salary, attitude and not good enough)
Antony (not good enough)
Greenwood (we know why)
Martial (injury prone, not good enough. Going anyway)

The club has needed heart surgery, as Rangnick said, for years. We need to do exactly what Arsenal did and get rid of the high earners who aren’t performing. Buy hungry youngsters on lower wages fighting to get more money. We constantly bring in has beens on silly money, with no incentive to perform week in week out.

We need a new:

Starting LB ( Shaw can’t stay fit)
2x Starting CB (can play a high line and good on the ball)
Sub RB
2x Starting CM (DM and Eriksen type passer)
Starting RW
Sub ST

The above simply isn’t going to happen. The high earners won’t leave unless they’re paid so we are likely stuck with all of them. If we actually wanted to win the title that’s the level of squad build we need.

I just want the failed players gone and replaced with fresh faces. All new signings need lower wages and less years on their contracts. If they’re good enough extend their contract and give them more money. If they’re not good enough they can be shifted. It’s such a basic concept that the club has failed to do for 10 years.

Baneofthegame

The club is in the worse position it’s been post Sir Alex in my opinion and we have to deal with FFP. It’s going to take years to get this sorted.

In terms of sales you need to shift:

Maguire (can’t play a high line)
Varane (salary and injury prone)
Lindelof (not good enough)
Wan Bissaka (not good enough)
McTominay (played as a CM but can’t play that position, not good enough)
Casemiro (salary and been poor this season)
Eriksen (poor this season)
Sancho (salary and attitude)
Rashford (salary, attitude and not good enough)
Antony (not good enough)
Greenwood (we know why)
Martial (injury prone, not good enough. Going anyway)

The club has needed heart surgery, as Rangnick said, for years. We need to do exactly what Arsenal did and get rid of the high earners who aren’t performing. Buy hungry youngsters on lower wages fighting to get more money. We constantly bring in has beens on silly money, with no incentive to perform week in week out.

We need a new:

Starting LB ( Shaw can’t stay fit)
2x Starting CB (can play a high line and good on the ball)
Sub RB
2x Starting CM (DM and Eriksen type passer)
Starting RW
Sub ST

The above simply isn’t going to happen. The high earners won’t leave unless they’re paid so we are likely stuck with all of them. If we actually wanted to win the title that’s the level of squad build we need.

I just want the failed players gone and replaced with fresh faces. All new signings need lower wages and less years on their contracts. If they’re good enough extend their contract and give them more money. If they’re not good enough they can be shifted. It’s such a basic concept that the club has failed to do for 10 years.
I feel like it’s potentially possible, probably outside Case/Sancho/Antony who will all be hard to move for various reasons.

There are some could free agents available and with a sensible spend we can address some needs in the squad:

In:

Guirassy 15 million (release clause I believe)
Barkley Free
Adarabioyo Free
Diomande/Todibo 40-60 million
Onana 50-60 million

135 million

Out:

Lindelof 12 million
McSauce 30 million
Greenwood 20 million
Sancho Loan
Hannibal 5 million
Eriksen 5 million

72 million

There are probably other free agents out there who could improve the squad (Kelly, Guido etc), that’s a net spend of 63 million in the worst case which would improve the team and you could still have money for LB/RW:

Onana/Bayindir
Dalot/AWB
Diomande/Adarabioyo
Martinez/Maguire
Shaw/Malacia
Onana/Casemiro
Mainoo/Barkley
Bruno/Mount
Rashford/Garnacho
Hojlund/Guirassy
Garnacho/Antony

Still need many things, RW/Left back for Shaws injuries etc but is a start.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
A competitive two flank winger to push Rashford & Garnacho (i.e Neto or N. Williams)
An alternate striker (i.e Toney)
A starting rcb (i.e Todibo)
A pacy back up cb (i.e Adribayo/Murillo)
A starting defensive midfielder (i.e Koopmeiners)
A box to box 8 who can operate at 6 (i.e Joao Neves/A. Onana)
An attacking fullback. (i.e Frimpong)

Last edited:

gajender

A competitive two flank winger to push Rashford & Garnacho (i.e Neto or N. Williams
A pacy back up cb (i.e Adribayo)
A box to box 8 who can operate at 6 (i.eA. Onana)
Why would you bring a player who is no longer playing in the position you want him here for .

GazTheLegend

Not sure where else to write this but who would you pillage from Brighton and Bournemouth, given half a chance?

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
What is frightening is that we may have around 10 players leaving this summer with 5 sure to leave (end of contract) and other 4 that want out. Which means 9 players that will leave our professional group and that we need to replace in terms of number.

And if we receive some offers for other, it can easily go to 13/14 players leaving the club, almost half of the professional squad.

The guy out of contract will leave, the other one like Eriksen, Lindelof and Sancho will push for a move, but I am not sure we'll do our best to sell the likes of Wan Bissaka, Maguire etc.

It will be a tough work to replace in the group, the likes of Varane, Casemiro, Lindelof, Eriksen, Altay and we'll not push for the massive exodus everybody hope.

Sure to be leaving :
Varane
Brandon Williams
Amrabat
Van De Beek
Martial

Almost sure :
Bayindir
Lindelof
Eriksen
Sancho

Leaves if there is a correct offer :
Wan Bissaka
Maguire
Casemiro
Pellistri
Mc Tominay
Hannibal
Greenwood

Leave if a big offer arrives :
Rashford

Valencia Shin Crosses

A competitive two flank winger to push Rashford & Garnacho (i.e Neto or N. Williams)
I really do think we need 3 CB's considering Martinez's injury issues this year, but mostly agree with this to varying degrees of importance each spot (will also depend on departures and prices obviously)

Dazzmondo

Frimpong for rb is a no-brainer if we can convince him to come with his release clause (sell AWB, leaving Dalot, Shaw and Malacia for lb position, Dalot can also play rb)
Left footed cb (Branthewaite, Hincapie or Kilman would be my preference, leaving new cb and Martinez)
Right-footed cb (Todibo because easy to get done, good enough level and we can adapt the financial structure as we need, sell Lindelof and release Varane, leaving Todibo and Maguire)
Dm/cm (Joao Neves if have funds, Alan Varela if not, I'd keep Casemiro because if we sell him we'd need to sign 2 dms which I doubt happens, leaving Cas and Neves/Varela)
Squad player/rotational cm (release Eriksen, leaving Mainoo, McTominay and squad cm)
New striker that can be relied on to play (Toney or Sesko or other player found by scouts, leaving Hojlund and 2nd striker, these players would rotate throughout the season based on form)

That's how I'd see it personally. Bruno plays every game and is never injured, so I don't think we need any squad backup for him. Mount can play there if needs be. Very happy to continue with Garnacho. I'd ideally want Rashford to continue on the left and hopefully he can rediscover his form. If Tuchel takes over, Mount could potentially deliver on the left/right since he played well there under Tuchel at Chelsea.

Possible squad:
Onana, Bayindir, 3rd keeper
Frimpong, Dalot, Todibo, Branthewaite/Hincapie/Kilman, Maguire, Martinez, Shaw, Malacia
Bruno, Mainoo, Neves/Varela, Casemiro, McTominay, new squad player
Garnacho, Rashford, Mount, Diallo, Antony (unlikely anyone will buy with his wages)
Hojlund, Toney/Sesko/other striker

Maybe the likes of Amass, Hannibal, Pellistri, Kambwala, Lacey, Shoretire, Wheatley could step up to help balance the squad a bit too.

Todd

Every club in their right mind should want Frimpong right now, and if the rumors about his release clause are true, pretty much every club can afford the fee.

He will have his pick of the litter when it comes to where to go, and he's not going to choose a Europa League (or Conference League) club over a Champions League club, unless we inflate his wages to such an extent that he cannot say no and decides to value money over football. And us doing that will just reset a trend of overpaying for players and putting the club in a bad financial position.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Every club in their right mind should want Frimpong right now, and if the rumors about his release clause are true, pretty much every club can afford the fee.
Any team that signs Frimpong should...
  • Play him as a winger, and bear in mind that he's quite direct as a ball-carrier (not a passing-playmaker type).
  • Switch to a 3—4—3 shape (or an analogue), with him operating as an ultra-offensive wingback.
  • In a 4-man defense, have him play behind a very conservative and spatially perceptive winger (who will cover for him).
Additional United-specific concern...
  • Account for the height of Martínez and Frimpong (average of 5'8", at best, between the duo), if they are played together in a 4-man defense. Height is not everything, of course, but the best defenses in the Premier League are tall and imposing for a reason (including the best one this season, Arsenal with 6'4" Saliba, 6'2½" Magalhães, 6'2½" Kiwior and 6'1" White).
He does so well at Leverkusen because he has a great degree of freedom to operate as an offensive outlet on the right flank, and is well covered by the central defensive trio (as well as Grimaldo in a more reserved passing-playmaker role on the opposite flank). If proper care is not taken and he is willy-nilly chucked in as a fullback in a 4-man defense without proper support ahead of and behind him, he could be another highly-touted underperformer at Manchester United (like loads of players that we have signed in the past, because we did not put them in favorable positions and did not try to maximize their individual strengths within the collective framework).

P.S. Heat maps don't tell the whole story, but they do give you a reasonable idea of the positions a particular player likes to occupy...

Sofascore link.

daba

• Play him as a winger, and bear in mind that he's quite direct as a ball-carrier (not a passing-playmaker type).
  • Switch to a 3—4—3 shape (or an analogue), with him operating as an ultra-offensive wingback.
  • In a 4-man defense, have him play behind a very conservative and spatially perceptive winger (who will cover for him).
  • Account for the height of Martínez and Frimpong (average of 5'8", at best, between the duo), if they are played together in a 4-man defense. Height is not everything, of course, but the best defenses in the Premier League are tall and imposing for a reason (including the best one this season, Arsenal with 6'4" Saliba, 6'2½" Magalhães, 6'2½" Kiwior and 6'1" White).
He does so well at Leverkusen because he has a great degree of freedom to operate as an offensive outlet on the right flank, and is well covered by the central defensive trio (as well as Grimaldo in a more reserved passing-playmaker role on the opposite flank). If proper care is not taken and he is willy-nilly chucked in as a fullback in a 4-man defense without proper support ahead of and behind him, he could be another highly-touted underperformer at Manchester United (like loads of players that we have signed in the past, because we did not put them in favorable positions and did not try to maximize their individual strengths within the collective framework).

P.S. Heat maps don't tell the whole story, but they do give you a reasonable idea of the positions a particular player likes to occupy...

Sofascore link.
I really like Frimpong but if we expect him to have anything close to his attacking output you have to give him licence to go forward as you say. This means a complete change in system to a 3 / 5 at the back fluid system.

This might sound like a scary prospect for a team that has consistently played a 4231 for however long now, however in a weird way I actually think a fresh start could do these players a world of good. Feels like they are stuck in this 4231 rut and are just going through the motions. A new system where they positionally have to think might just unlock something.

I really do think we need 3 CB's considering Martinez's injury issues this year, but mostly agree with this to varying degrees of importance each spot (will also depend on departures and prices obviously)
I agree about needing 3 cbs. Thats why personally I'd like us to target a free transfer like Tosin Adaribayo or Lloyd Kelly.

Last edited:

Valencia Shin Crosses

Sofascore link.
I already said signing Frimpong as a true RW would be a potentially shrewd move considering the other options/prices on the market for forwards. Garnacho is the only real take on threat in the entire side as of now, and Frimpong can bring a bit of versatility to the side as well with being able to play RM or RB in a pinch.

CtrlAltDeLigt

Only way we buy Frimpong is if
I really like Frimpong but if we expect him to have anything close to his attacking output you have to give him licence to go forward as you say. This means a complete change in system to a 3 / 5 at the back fluid system.

This might sound like a scary prospect for a team that has consistently played a 4231 for however long now, however in a weird way I actually think a fresh start could do these players a world of good. Feels like they are stuck in this 4231 rut and are just going through the motions. A new system where they positionally have to think might just unlock something.
You know who plays 3-4-3? Tuchel!

Plus doubts about dealing with PL physicality and if playing against tight back lines will limit the space in behind for him, which is his true asset.

He’s a great player for a particular system and hope he doesn’t derail his career by choosing something incompatible.

Andersons Dietician

Dalot and Wan Bissaka pop up in the 18 yard box constantly sometimes even being the furthest forward, there is clearly a tactic where they make diagonal runs from deep between full back and Cb. This is something that Frimpong could easily do.

If also we plan to become this fast transitional team that wins the ball back high up the pitch then there is another reason to get him. If say also a Shaw is fit for most of next season, given he is better at sitting deeper and dictating play he could be not as offensive shifting the two CB’s over and him tucking in. If we buy Todibo for example who is comfortable covering the space left by a Frimpong.

Thos whole change of system is not really needed. He could do either or. Not against some sort of system change either.

Onerealunited

Hojlund
Garnacho Fernandes Greenwood
Y. Fofana/A Onana Mainoo
New LB Martinez New CB Dalot
Onana

I believe we should be 3 top signings away from a very good starting 11 when everyone is fit.

I think the new hierarchy should identify and give Ten Hag a new LB, CB to partner Martinez and a CDM/CM to play with Mainoo.

Greenwood has to come back for next season and save us buying another random winger that would fail.

We then would need around 3 squad level players as backups to Hojlund, Mainoo and at CB. These could either be young players or personally I'd go with players with more experience as no doubt we'll be losing some senior players over the summer like Casemiro, Eriksen, Maguire or Lindelof and Amrabat.
100% agree with you. This is what we minimum need

daba

Dalot and Wan Bissaka pop up in the 18 yard box constantly sometimes even being the furthest forward, there is clearly a tactic where they make diagonal runs from deep between full back and Cb. This is something that Frimpong could easily do.

If also we plan to become this fast transitional team that wins the ball back high up the pitch then there is another reason to get him. If say also a Shaw is fit for most of next season, given he is better at sitting deeper and dictating play he could be not as offensive shifting the two CB’s over and him tucking in. If we buy Todibo for example who is comfortable covering the space left by a Frimpong.

Thos whole change of system is not really needed. He could do either or. Not against some sort of system change either.
I don’t disagree with you, but if we’re looking for Frimpong to contributes 10+ goals and 10+ assists then I don’t think he can do that from back in a back 4 as he would have to start further back out of possession.

What you say about Shaw also is true, however by him tucking in alongside Martinez and hypothetically Todibo, then the forward ahead of him won’t have him overlapping as much and thus restricting our threat down the left.

The funny thing about that too is by tucking Shaw in you are basically creating a back 3 in possession which is basically what I’m saying we need for Frimpong. The challenge is how we set up out of possession and that’s why you need 3 / 5 at the back to cover Frimpong in the defensive transition.

bucky

In order of preference:

GK: Kovář
RB: Tiago Santos, Kayode
LB: Gutiérrez, Locko
RCB: Todibo, Kossounou, Diomande + Tosin Adarabioyo
LCB: Hincapié, Lucumí, Calafiori, Hato, Greaves
DM: Hjulmand, Johnny
CM: João Neves, Mateus Fernandes, Palacios, Caqueret
RW: Olise, Fatawu, Bakayoko
LW: N. Williams, Eze
FW: Giménez, Brobbey, Pavlidis, David, Satriano

Obviously most of this depends on who we will manage to move on and we definitely can't address all our issues in one summmer. I'd probably want us to focus on central defence, midfield and a forward. Considering that Varane and Evans certainly won't be retained, and with Maguire's and Lindelöf's contracts ending next summer, we should probably look to bring in 2 CBs at the very least. Ideally I'd hope we let them all go, with only Martinez and Kambwala remaining, but that seems unlikely. We've been linked with Gutiérrez, who would probably be a good signing, however I'd rather see us sign a left-footed CB, who could also fill in at LB. Álvaro Fernández looks like he is finding his feet at Benfica, we could bring him back and actually give him a proper chance. With Amass potentially being in the mix next season, 4 players, coupled with a centre-back that can play there, should be more than enough.

A right winger most likely only happens, if we manage to sell Antony, similarly, one of the left wingers/midfielders only happens, if we actually mean business and sell Rashford. None of the strikers really convince me, but I think they present the best value. Most likely we aren't going to sign someone like Gyökeres or Osimhen, hence those cheaper players.

diarm

We have executives arriving and not yet with their feet under the table, a new ownership, a coach living on fumes and a wage bill that is utterly out of control.

You could pick 8 players who have contributed the square root of feck all to this season (be it through injury, lack of form, or being out on loan while we foot the bill) who would make up a wage bill in the top ten of Premier League clubs just on their own. Add Rashford, Antony and Casemiro to those 8 and it's probably top 6.

What we need first and foremost is to get that situation under control before we go out spunking a load more money up the wall without having a structure yet in place to ensure it's spent effectively.

I'd like to see us have a sensible summer - looking at players with reasonable release clauses, fees and wages (Bremer, Adarabioyo, Rabiot, Chiesa, Guirassy are names that come to mind, but there will be plenty of others) and then really push to move several of the top earners out of the club by whatever means necessary.

With some smart business, we could knock a million or more a week off that wage bill and start next season with a stronger, more balanced squad.

SirBillNic

Supports
Spurs
Just because I enjoy these sort of thought experiments, but if you got Tuchel in which players in these positions would suit his kind of management? I imagine with the players he would inherit, it would be something pretty similar to what he's done at Bayern as opposed to Chelsea or PSG.

The winger - I think Gordon would be really good under Tuchel.
Striker - Toney is quite similar to Kane so that's plausible.
CBs - Todibo with the Nice links makes sense. Adarabioyo is pretty mistake-prone but maybe ok for a free transfer. I'd go with Guehi or Konsa though.
DM - Already know that Tuchel wanted Palhinha at Bayern, and with a manager who's not so possession-obsessed you wouldn't really need a Rodri clone in that position. Someone who's more of a destroyer would be fine.
Box to box - Another one that could be opportunistic with the Nice links is Kephren Thuram. Or a free option of Ross Barkley.
Attacking fullback - Frimpong won't leave BL and he's almost more of a winger. No way he's a right back in a back 4. Plus I think left back is a bigger issue. Alphonso Davies wants to leave Bayern so maybe Tuchel could convince him to join United if Madrid change their mind about him. Otherwise Antonee Robinson at Fulham could be a decent should too.

Just because I enjoy these sort of thought experiments, but if you got Tuchel in which players in these positions would suit his kind of management? I imagine with the players he would inherit, it would be something pretty similar to what he's done at Bayern as opposed to Chelsea or PSG.

The winger - I think Gordon would be really good under Tuchel.
Striker - Toney is quite similar to Kane so that's plausible.
CBs - Todibo with the Nice links makes sense. Adarabioyo is pretty mistake-prone but maybe ok for a free transfer. I'd go with Guehi or Konsa though.
DM - Already know that Tuchel wanted Palhinha at Bayern, and with a manager who's not so possession-obsessed you wouldn't really need a Rodri clone in that position. Someone who's more of a destroyer would be fine.
Box to box - Another one that could be opportunistic with the Nice links is Kephren Thuram. Or a free option of Ross Barkley.
Attacking fullback - Frimpong won't leave BL and he's almost more of a winger. No way he's a right back in a back 4. Plus I think left back is a bigger issue. Alphonso Davies wants to leave Bayern so maybe Tuchel could convince him to join United if Madrid change their mind about him. Otherwise Antonee Robinson at Fulham could be a decent should too.
Interesting. Not bad calls

Personally, from what I know of Tuchel I think :
He loves wingers with graft and skill. So Id expect Neto or N. Williams to be his targets. Because Gordon is out of reach financially.

He'd take defintely Toney or target Vlahovic . As a starter.

He'd like Maguire. So he'd chose pace for a partner. The likes of Guehi, Taposba, Scalvini or Konsa would interest him. Even Tah & Branthwaite. I'd expect him to have Martinez at left back. Since his more durable than Shaw and can operate wide or inverted in midfield.

A pacy back up cb. He'd take an Adaribayo on Free. Murillo too is his type

A starting defensive midfielder. He'd insist on Palinha or an Onana type. He likes battlers with bite who can pass rather than pure passers. Then he'd propably pick an Ndidi for free as direct cover. Or a Fofana/Caqueret

At fullback He'd probably prefer another two flank player like Dalot. Unless an opportunity too good to turndown like Frimpong was there. I don't believe he rates Davies very highly.

gajender

Interesting. Not bad calls

Personally, from what I know of Tuchel I think :
He loves wingers with graft and skill. So Id expect Neto or N. Williams to be his targets. Because Gordon is out of reach financially.

He'd take defintely Toney or target Vlahovic . As a starter.

He'd like Maguire. So he'd chose pace for a partner. The likes of Guehi, Taposba, Scalvini or Konsa would interest him. Even Tah & Branthwaite. I'd expect him to have Martinez at left back. Since his more durable than Shaw and can operate wide or inverted in midfield.

A pacy back up cb. He'd take an Adaribayo on Free. Murillo too is his type

A starting defensive midfielder. He'd insist on Palinha or an Onana type. He likes battlers with bite who can pass rather than pure passers. Then he'd propably pick an Ndidi for free as direct cover. Or a Fofana/Caqueret

At fullback He'd probably prefer another two flank player like Dalot. Unless an opportunity too good to turndown like Frimpong was there.
I believe whole point of getting likes of Wilcox , Ashworth and basically revamping the whole recruitment structure is to move away from relying on Manager to decide which players to buy or sell .

Any way whosoever comes in they would be given role of Coach with limited input on transfers and rightfully so .

I believe whole point of getting likes of Wilcox , Ashworth and basically revamping the whole recruitment structure is to move away from relying on Manager to decide which players to buy or sell .

Any way whosoever comes in they would be given role of Coach with limited input on transfers and rightfully so .
I agree. That is why I can't see a Tuchel being a good hire. For him he expects DOFs to get him what he demands. Not what they think is best for the club.

gajender

I agree. That is why I can't see a Tuchel being a good hire. For him he expects DOFs to get him what he demands. Not what they think is best for the club.
I also get that impression from him he may not insist on specific players but he is quite clear in how he wants to shape up the team and the profile that needs to be prioritised otherwise you can expect fireworks .

AneRu

Goalkeeping is fine and in no urgent need for upgrades.

At RB, AWB is not good enough but not critical to replace him. We can keep Dalot as a starter, bed in a youngster in the ECL/EL and the League Cup whilst having AWB as first back up.

In defense, Evans looked serviceable and has been better than Lindelof so I would sell the Swede for 10m. Maguire would earn a food fee but he has redeemed himself this season and that has to be rewarded. So him and Evans as back ups will be fine by me. I'd then sign a starting RCB and a back up CB who has the capacity to start. Todibo for 45m and an LCB for 40m, an LB for 30m would be handy. That's 100m on the defense.

In midfield we should sell Casemiro if we can, maybe for 30m and replace him with Zubimendi or A Varela at 50m. Get Barkely on a free while we are at it and sign another 6/8 in Thuram for 40m. Sell off academy graduates like Mejbri to balance the books. We are at 190m.

In attack we can sell Greenwood 25m and Sancho 30m, add the money we get for the Casemiro sale, Pellistiri 10m, Hannibal 10m and all the wage savings from outgoing free transfers and we will have money to sign Solanke at 80-100m. He is the one I think we need because besides being a scorer he is not a mere poacher he can play a bit which will greatly help Garnacho and Rashford because they need a good link up striker to play around.

aeh1991

At RB, AWB is not good enough but not critical to replace him. We can keep Dalot as a starter, bed in a youngster in the ECL/EL and the League Cup whilst having AWB as first back up.

In defense, Evans looked serviceable and has been better than Lindelof so I would sell the Swede for 10m. Maguire would earn a food fee but he has redeemed himself this season and that has to be rewarded. So him and Evans as back ups will be fine by me. I'd then sign a starting RCB and a back up CB who has the capacity to start. Todibo for 45m and an LCB for 40m, an LB for 30m would be handy. That's 100m on the defense.

In midfield we should sell Casemiro if we can, maybe for 30m and replace him with Zubimendi or A Varela at 50m. Get Barkely on a free while we are at it and sign another 6/8 in Thuram for 40m. Sell off academy graduates like Mejbri to balance the books. We are at 190m.

In attack we can sell Greenwood 25m and Sancho 30m, add the money we get for the Casemiro sale, Pellistiri 10m, Hannibal 10m and all the wage savings from outgoing free transfers and we will have money to sign Solanke at 80-100m. He is the one I think we need because besides being a scorer he is not a mere poacher he can play a bit which will greatly help Garnacho and Rashford because they need a good link up striker to play around.
Solanke for 80-100m??? Whole world would laugh at us for that.

Suv666

Four players minimum
Striker
Winger
CM
CB

Ideally we need a LB, couple of CMs too but with FFP I don’t think we’ll be able to buy more than four.

aeh1991

Spurs nearly had a £55m transfer accepted in January maximum £65m value.
Yes, even 65m would be too much. He gives me the impression of having an extraordinary good season.. The last two seasons before this one he had scored 6 and 7 goals respectively. Watkins is different, but unaffordable and also he wouldn't miss the opportunity to play CL with Villa. Isak also unaffordable, but would be my favorite option out of these 3.

Baneofthegame

Solanke for 80 million? Christ.

Woziak

Yes, even 65m would be too much. He gives me the impression of having an extraordinary good season.. The last two seasons before this one he had scored 6 and 7 goals respectively. Watkins is different, but unaffordable and also he wouldn't miss the opportunity to play CL with Villa. Isak also unaffordable, but would be my favorite option out of these 3.
Dominic Solanki was a youth star wining Youth CL with Chelsea, U20 WC with England and U19 Euros with England he was voted player of the tournament at the U20 WC, he’s always had extreme ability as much as Isak and more than Watkins.

The question mark has always been over mentality, he’s been at Chelsea and Liverpool previously, now at 26 this would be his last chance.

For £50-60m he’s worth the gamble because he can play as a 10 and a 9 and his creative side is excellent given more opportunity to thrive, he could be Old Traffords new darling. I would rather we sign Solanke over Toney, Sesco, Zirkszee
because he’s PL proven can create and score and the really is his last chance of the big time!