g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

What does it look like to be a United fan at this point?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
We are in a bit of a pickle.

I keep seeing posts from people who say they’re not watching the games anymore or they’re not as invested.

That seems mental to me, you support your club no matter what.

However it’s also true that we have a man managing our club who most reds I know massively despise. I’ve said before some of my mates stopped going when mourinho got the job.

How do you support your team when you’ve obviously got a manager in charge who you can’t support? Years ago it would be mental to see OT struggling to sell out and fans on the caf openly calling to abandon the game, now its commonplace.

How can we truly support the club at the moment? I think we all agree now Jose needs to go, but should fans boo? What do we do when he is fired? How do we deal with this embarrassing hiring looking forward?

Bojan11

Considering the board are spineless.

The fans are the ones who need to start putting pressure on them. If that means not going to games or booing performances like yesterday or Palace then so be it.

kps88

If fans really want to protest, I'd suggest targeting the protests at Woodward and our board. All of this started with appointing Moyes and that horrific first transfer window spent chasing the likes of Bale and Fabregas.

lewwoo

Im no Mourinho fan but its on Woodward and the owners. One constant through the last three managers has been them. Lets see how the next manager does.

clarkydaz

Empty seats are the only thing that will work. that is seen all around the world and effects the 'brand'

Eddy_JukeZ

I feel like it'll be a very very long time til we win the league again.

I have zero hope in our owners/board to make the right decisions post-SAF.

SAF was the entire club.

I don't even get that mad when we lose/drop points anymore. Just feels hollow and it's hard to like some of our current players too and we have a manager that's so easy to dislike.

Vadim

I won’t watch matches until Mourinho is gone. He suited Chelsea and Real Madrid because they are clubs with no class.

But United is a different animal. Sir Bobby didn’t want Jose here and rightly so.

I won’t spend any money or time on Man Utd until he’s gone. All of my Utd supporting friends and family, all from Manchester, are of the same stance.

Get Jose and his circus out and I’ll tune in again, regardless of results.

NoLogo

You support your club by demanding those people who are ruining your club be removed from positions of power. I will always support the club but not always the people who are in charge if they are so obviously doing awful work.

I will not stop the watching the games but seriously until Mou and especially Woodward is removed from all football matters, I'm not going to shut up about how awful of a job they are doing either.

Bestietom

Feels really confusing right now what is going on at our club. Some players just don't seem to want to be here the way they are playing. They are certainly not enjoying their football and we as fans are not enjoying it either.

It's hard to bear to see our great club a laughing stock with what is going on, and please don't tell me they always pick on Manchester United, as they do have reason to pick on us right now.

Gawd the board need to get up off their backside and have a good look at what's going wrong, they need to get the true feelings from the players and talk to the coaches and Manager and put things right ASAP. If they are not going to support this manager in the transfer market, then SACK him now for the club and fans sake.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I won’t watch matches until Mourinho is gone. He suited Chelsea and Real Madrid because they are clubs with no class.

But United is a different animal. Sir Bobby didn’t want Jose here and rightly so.

I won’t spend any money or time on Man Utd until he’s gone. All of my Utd supporting friends and family, all from Manchester, are of the same stance.

Get Jose and his circus out and I’ll tune in again, regardless of results.
What do you do when United are on?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Main difference for me is the time. I have a young kid and basically get about 3 hours off each weekend to do what I want. It used to be that 2 hours of that was shaped by when the United match was on. When I lived on the West coast of the states, I'd get up well before sunrise to watch the game on mute. Was that kind of fan.

Now, I'm happy enough to take my son out during the United matches, and catch up on the scores later. I'd prefer to have that limited time to do something that brings me happiness.

I've no idea if that will translate into numbers that the board can see, but I have a couple other United fans that are similar.

Vadim

It depends on the time of the game, if I’m at work, if I’m visiting friends or not, if my kids need my attention or not, if I’m out having a meal with my family, if I’m shopping, playing a video game, catching up with Netflix...

Family and my kids always come before Utd.

Web of Bissaka

I keep seeing posts from people who say they’re not watching the games anymore or they’re not as invested.

That sounds like blind support. Not interested. No way.

Watching United this 6+ years feels like a chore, usually after games end -- went home or turn off tv feeling depress anyway, so I can understand fans who choose to stop watching for now. Watching United used to be a good escape from real life, a huge big deal of entertainment where we can let it all out our stress that are piling up every week from all sorts of aspects in daily lives.

They choose to stop watching doesn't mean they stop supporting, nor does fans who complaints so much doesn't mean they stop supporting.

Why spend your time watching a fake depressing team borrowing the name "Manchester United" being run to the ground by clueless noncompetitive people at the board and the ones who manage the squad directly and many suspicious players in red who dare to call themselves United player. Wtf is this top red stuff? Supporting these guys ruining the club, really?!

A drop of ticket sales, more empty seats, more and more complaints in both real life and online, drop in merchandise sales, or even the more and more boos and signs, are attempts made by fans, so hopefully the shitty football-clueless heads in charge of the club will take note and finally have the balls to do something right, since the shameless manager of three is running amok anyway not dependable.

That said, I'm still watching United, one of the many parts of my stress chore now in daily lives with the rare occasional sometimes stress-relieved good games. Not much I can do anyway, United is a big deal in my life, it's not a joke like how the club is being run now. It does feels like a waste of time though tbh, since I get depress afterwards but meh it's important. Used to be a fun journey but whatever. Just here lingering around waiting for the next real genuine phoenix to rise from this shit ashes.

liamp

At least it's harder to accuse those outside of Manchester who still support this club of being glory hunters :lol:

Kapardin

I still watch every game. But it's become a chore like the fag end of LvG's season. Still invested in the CL though, you can never rule out even crap teams like us in cup competitions, as a bit of luck may swing things our way.

ice-bionic red

I’ll never stop watching the games. Although it has crossed my mind as of late and I never thought it would come to that.
But every time I see the team and Fellaini starts, or Matic still keeps his place. Or when I hear the club might extend the contracts of Young and Valencia, or when McTominay starts... the list goes on! It’s killing me! We are becoming a joke! When these type of players Leave then we’ll officially start turning the corner. Our rivals wouldn’t take these players from us. Yet we are the richest club in the world continuing to play this caliber of player and we will get what we deserve in terms of finishing outside the top 4 and being what we are which at the moment is a mid-tabled team.

I was hoping so much Fellaini would leave and sign for someone else in the summer but no, our fecking manager wanted to keep him and did! Still furious over this decision! We get what we deserve

GiddyUp

Watching United used to be the most exciting part of my week, now I dread those 90 minutes because I know exactly what will and won't happen. I know 5 or 6 players will have a fecking mare. Due to these greedy TV bastards in the States I've missed 1 or 2 games because it just wasn't worth the effort to chase down a stream to watch shite. What has gradually change since Moyes is that I don't give a shite after the games, our losses and draws have been expected and our wins have been a bit meh.

But I will not spend one penny on this club until they get this shit sorted.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It is about time that our players were taken to the Manchester United trophy display and told to spend a few minutes thinking about how those trophies were won and what it took to win them.

They need to be asked what it means to them to be a Manchester United player and what is stopping them becoming a Manchester United legend just like those who gave everything to make the club so successful.

I would love to see that happen and love to hear their views on what is stopping them being winners again.

Reactions: Penna

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It depends on the time of the game, if I’m at work, if I’m visiting friends or not, if my kids need my attention or not, if I’m out having a meal with my family, if I’m shopping, playing a video game, catching up with Netflix...

Family and my kids always come before Utd.
I’ve seen that on a banner.

Paul_Scholes18

I still watch most games, but I struggle to keep focus as it hurts a lot to watch. I think the biggest difference is I struggle to watch other teams because it makes me feel worse about us. Particular seeing City and Liverpool beat teams for fun hurts.

Maticmaker

Staying with your team through the good and the bad times is what supporting a club means. It hurts more when rivals like Liverpool and City are doing well, they know only too well what United fans are going through and are really enjoying themselves, in one sense, in another they are despondent, because win or lose we always make the headlines, we are loved and hated in equal measure, but we are never ignored.
Heads up, back straight and bags of swanky...that's what we need,

Utd7

With this regime, we now support a corporation masquerading as a football club. In essence we are supporting a sport version of Google. The brand and business finances are far more important to the glazers and Woodward. The quality and results of the football team are a distant second.

redshaw

It's been a depressing style of football for 5-6 years. Each manager has been negative, cautious and hoping for a quick fix.

We need a team and manager to get the fans back on their feet. United needs to win and win well, at least most of the time. Dour United has gone on for too long, we didn't hang on after Fergie so reset is needed.

LoveFootball

At least it's harder to accuse those outside of Manchester who still support this club of being glory hunters :lol:
Actually the glory hunters are people who still support Mourinho, the motivation that drives them is the so supposed guaranty for trophies, nothing else matters for them.

I think a fan revolt is needed to push both Ed and Jose out of their jobs. But knowing our fans at OT, they'll keep singing "mourinho red army" till he's sacked and they'll do so for the next clown. They're are a joke but they for whatever reason they think it makes them special.

RyRy11

Sad that I enjoyed watching a Arsenal/Spurs game more than anything we've put out in the last year or two..

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Actually the glory hunters are people who still support Mourinho, the motivation that drives them is the so supposed guaranty for trophies, nothing else matters for them.

I think a fan revolt is needed to push both Ed and Jose out of their jobs. But knowing our fans at OT, they'll keep singing "mourinho red army" till he's sacked and they'll do so for the next clown. They're are a joke but they for whatever reason they think it makes them special.
What a load of shite.

Wanting Jose to stay is now being a glory hunter? Odd. You could say the modern football fan, laden with glory hunters and casual fans obsessed with stats and rival teams, are the main voice in wanting him gone.

I wouldn’t even say there are two sides to this. There are Jose out, Woodward/Board out, the players are lazy cnuts, Pogba out or like me you like Jose but feel it can’t go any further.

And for the comment about the supporters at the ground supporting their team and manager, clearly you come under the fan category.

Chairman Steve

Agonising and depressing in terms of entertainment.

No matter how much individual magic we add to the team from ADM, Falcao, Pogba, Ibrahimovic and Sanchez... the team still looks like they’ve met each other an hour before kick off and have no idea what each others strengths and weaknesses are. When we bought Sanchez I was relatively indifferent to it after previous marquee names had come in and gotten lost in the void that is Manchester United.

The club is like the Bermuda Triangle in terms of players abilities. You could put Messi, Ronaldo, Modric etc in that team and they’d all look clueless.

Maybe it’s a huge imbalance of quality throughout the squad. Yes we had ADM and Falcao up front but the back four included Paddy McNair and fecking Tyler Blackett.

clarkydaz

You coming Old Trafford Wednesday then to show us how its done?

tedketterman

Yeah I don't get it that much these days :lol:

@Wumminator I still watch every game I'm able to, and even though I feel like it's time wasted I'll continue to watch because United are my team. It's like a family member that continues to feck up but you love them anyway because they're family. It'll just make it that much sweeter when we get back up top.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
I’ve totally lost interest in watching any premier league games over the last two years. The dire situation is as depressing as it’s been in my 35 years of supporting United and it’s affected my interest in a sport I loved for so long.

ken11

I will continue watching them albeit in frustration.

Canagel

I still continue to watch the games but I don't know why. So many hours that I wasted in the last few years watching a team going nowhere. It's difficult to be too emotionally invested right now like I used to get really angry when we dropped points against Burnley, Stoke etc 2 years ago because I felt we didn't get results we deserved and you could sense a feeling of injustice at some points with keepers turning into prime Buffon when they step onto OT turf.
Not anymore. We're getting the results we deserve therefore it doesn't hurt as much as it used to

freeurmind

weak willed
I don't agree with stopping watching games or supporting the team, we support United not Jose. However, it is time for him to go. I'll keep watching and hoping we win but I really don't expect us to win or even just play well anymore these days.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What upsets me is that I don't see light at the end of this tunnel.

ravi2

Most of my friends who watched united games with me have found better things to do. I still watch the games but spend half the time on my phone because it is so dull and boring.

I just watched arsenal v Tottenham and it was a blast. It's nice to see 2 well coached teams play with passion.
United might as well be managed by no one at the moment and there is little passion on display.

Hansa

I’ve totally lost interest in watching any premier league games over the last two years. The dire situation is as depressing as it’s been in my 35 years of supporting United and it’s affected my interest in a sport I loved for so long.
I'm echoing this. I've become completely numb to football in general the last year, and it's a very strange feeling after so many years of watching United. Not even sure it can be rekindled at this stage.

Foxbatt

I am absolutely fed up with Mourinhio and I want him gone. I thought he had changed and that his second year success could be replicated but the football by end of last season was also getting to be dire.
Then his inability to change made me realise that he is not the man to be the Manager of Manchester United. If he had delivered instant success he may have had a lot of leeway. His antics at Juventus also confirmed my belief that he is not the one for United.
I do get frustrated watching United play now and do not enjoy it all. If we lose but play good football at least I would have enjoyed a good game of football. But now it is ridiculous.

stepic

You support your team through the good and bad times. It’s a bit pathetic only watching your team play when they’re good and winning. Imagine if relegation fodder team fans did that? You put up with the shit because United is our club, and when one day we come out the other end it’ll be all the more satisfying. No one enjoys watching your team play when they’re struggling but you support them anyway.