What four players would you like to see come here in the Summer

Von Mistelroum

I'm just going with what has been discussed so far as I think it would suit us well.

Willian
Alex Sandro
Savic
Alderweireld

Would work well. Martial isn't needed when we've Sanchez and Rashford on the left, so bring in Willian on the right plus a little money towards the others. Buy Savic to compliment the midfield, and then centre back and left back are priorities. I'd prefer to look at getting a right back too, but that would look like a solid team with just those 4.

De Gea
Valencia --- Bailly --Alderweireld ---Sandro
Matic
Savic---------------Pogba
Will.I.Am---------------------------------Alexis
Lukaku​

TrebleFan99

Not going to be popular but I honestly couldn't care about the average age of our squad and the age of potential signings. I want the title now. Sign ready made players if we must i.e. Alderweireld, Sandro over De Ligt and Sessegnon.
Popular with me.

Both would be a massive improvement, especially Sandro as we do not have a LB.

Those 2 would be great business. Others also needed.

beingshe7don

Milinkovic-Savic
Neves
Meunier
Alex Sandro
O Dembele (Loan with a option to buy)

These are the players I would like to have.

MUFC OK

He is so talented running with the ball but is there any consistency or end product? I am asking that as not seen him this year, only when he was in the premiership and found him so frustrating with the talent he has. Cant imagine him as a full back from what I have seen of him
He's certainly improving in terms of end product but as regards the fullback position, I think he's got all the tools including his physicality. Still very young at 22 but I think he's at his best running from deep and getting crosses into the box. He must be one of the fastest players in world football. I think he could be a useful squad option and is the right age profile.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Sandro
Alderweireld
Fred
Neves
Bale

Mainoldo

If we have to lose Martial, lets at least replace him with this guy, though imo AM is better.
Only thing that would make sense. This signing wouldn’t even be for Mourinho but for the manager after. We still need to believe in our philosophy of developing young world class talent.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Mahrez
Ghoulam or Sandro
Icardi
Rabiot or Seri

Woziak

I have created a list of five players, because in 118 games under Jose's 2 year stewardship the team is still to score more than 4 goals in a competitive game which indicates we lack a ruthless edge in attack and continue to struggle to score goals from Midfield.

Sandro - Left Wing Back 55M
Sergej Milinokovic Savic - BTB/CMF and a goal scorer 80M
Fred - Deep Lying Playmaker and mobile BTB 45M
Jerome Boatang - CB top 3 in World, leader and potential Captain 50M
Paulo Dybala - Marquee, 20 goals a season and can play right sided No 10 100M

Total - 330M we will recoup 130M with a major clear out so 200M net spend

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

Mylock

The current problem we have with the team is that the transition between defence midfield and attack is far too slow compared to the top teams. This is really exposed against the weaker teams as they put 10 players behind the ball. I believe we should buy the following players which should help us attack at a far better pace.
Jorginho, Sandro, Kroos (dream signing) Varane. We should hold off on buying a RB and a RW until the right players are available. Also we have a serious talent in the youth system in O Connor who plays as RB, he's a superb defender and great at attacking. Then we have Chong who can develop as a 1st team right winger next season if given the chance. Get rid of Damien, jones, blind, fallani, shaw ( if Jose isn't willing to give him an extended run) , Carrick. There should be big question marks over the future of the following players - rogo, Young, mata, smalling, lindelof(has not impressed but deserves another season).
Team to start next season
De gea
Valencia
Bailly
Varane
Sandro
Kroos
Jorginho
Pogba
Sanchez (shouldn't have bought as we had Rashford & martial)
Lukaku
Still undecided who to play here.

I would also like to tuanzebe brought back and given a real chance to prove himself.

Reactions: Sultan

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sandro/Tierney
Draxler (would be our KDB)
Dier
Bale/Mahrez/Willian or Dembele (best of all but never going to happen)

Right back would have to wait if only four but we do have decent numbers there to cope and hopefully a TFM would step up and make it his own.

Bwuk

Kieran Tierney
Ousmane Dembele
Thomas Meunier
Alderweireld

De Gea
Meunier - Alderweireld - Bailly - Tierney
Herrera - Matic - Pogba
Dembele - Lukaku - Sanchez​

dutchred

Sessegnon has hinted at staying at Fulham if they get promoted.

PSG will definitely be in for Alderwiereld too and Levy will prefer to sell to them. Wolves will not be under pressure to sell.

But sort of realistic dream muppet 5 even though I don't think Kluivert is coming

Sandro
Alderweireld
Neves
Fabinho
Kluivert
I watch Ajax week in week out and neither Kluivert nor Neres is good enough. The young Mexican at PSV Lozano might be worth a shout

Bulldogg

Not going to be popular but I honestly couldn't care about the average age of our squad and the age of potential signings. I want the title now. Sign ready made players if we must i.e. Alderweireld, Sandro over De Ligt and Sessegnon.
Totally agree its getting annoying seeing all these 17-20yo kids being mentioned to fulfil certain starting positions, a lot of delusional posters on this site lol

Ekeke

I'd be happy with Lucas Hernandez of Atletico - played majority of his games at Left Back but can also play CB

Perhaps Banega or Brozovic to compete for a CM spot as they are both creative and clever with passes through the middle but also make a good amount of tackles to help win the ball

And then a RW, maybe Thauvin as he's had a very good season playing weekly on the right and has managed 30 goals & assists combined in the league

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Lb: Sandro or tierney
Rb: not really sure if I’m honest, but cancelo looks attacking enough. Jose could mould him into a Marcelo type FB
CM: Savic, just as it looks like inevitable transfer this summer.
CB: Alderweireld or Giminez

FBs are absolutely key for me. I could live with just the one midfielder with mctominay developing more.

El-Manos

Alderweireld
Alex Sandro
A central midfielder/ haven’t seen much of Fred or Savic so can’t judge.
Mahrez

ROFLUTION

Ben Davies
Alderweireld
Bale or Malcom
Kroos

If we got all of those, I think we'd be truly upgraded in every aspect and could compete with City. It doesn't seem realistic though. Maybe 1 or 2 of those players could happen.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Ronaldo
Messi
Hazard
De Bruyene

but we'll get Noble, Monreal, Terry and Bebe!

Fer

I have created a list of five players, because in 118 games under Jose's 2 year stewardship the team is still to score more than 4 goals in a competitive game which indicates we lack a ruthless edge in attack and continue to struggle to score goals from Midfield.

Sandro - Left Wing Back 55M
Sergej Milinokovic Savic - BTB/CMF and a goal scorer 80M
Fred - Deep Lying Playmaker and mobile BTB 45M
Jerome Boatang - CB top 3 in World, leader and potential Captain 50M
Paulo Dybala - Marquee, 20 goals a season and can play right sided No 10 100M

Total - 330M we will recoup 130M with a major clear out so 200M net spend
All of them great players. But Dybala is not a winger. We lack of wingers in our team.

I think Boateng is unrealistic, do you know if Bayern want to sell him?

I can see Mourinho signing Savic, I'm not sure he will sign 2 midfielders. But Fred + Savic would be great.

Alex Sandro had an average season, that's my only concern.

Would you prefer 2 midfielders or 1 midfielder + RB?

Woziak

All of them great players. But Dybala is not a winger. We lack of wingers in our team.

I think Boateng is unrealistic, do you know if Bayern want to sell him?

I can see Mourinho signing Savic, I'm not sure he will sign 2 midfielders. But Fred + Savic would be great.

Alex Sandro had an average season, that's my only concern.

Would you prefer 2 midfielders or 1 midfielder + RB?

Jose wants to play with inverted no 10s, look at Sanchez he's never wide, instead occupying space between the lines and he wants an upgrade on Mata to do the same from the right ....I do agree that we may not get all of those players but Boatang or Dybala might be the shock signing!
He also likes his two narrow wide men to track back and work hard in midfield positions, because of our poor options in wing back positions the emphasis has been put on wide strikers like City that hug the touchline, something Jose has never really adopted in previous teams. Duff and Robben maybe the exception but generally likes to overcrowd the midfield and wear down the opposition.

Last edited:

Jig1234

RB. Fabinho/Meunier
LB. Alex Sandro/Tierney
CB. Toby Alderweireld
CM. Milinković-Savić/Jorginho

Bonus: RW. Mahrez

Out: Blind, Darmian, Fellaini, Smalling.

Fer

It seems that we are looking to sign these players:
LB. Alex Sandro
CB. Toby Alderweireld
CM. Milinković-Savić/Fred

If we are going to sign 4 players, I would rather go for a RW than a RB. Young, Valencia and TFM could play there. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho signs a RB, sells Martial and buy a right winger.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It seems that we are looking to sign these players:
LB. Alex Sandro
CB. Toby Alderweireld
CM. Milinković-Savić/Fred

If we are going to sign 4 players, I would rather go for a RW than a RB. Young, Valencia and TFM could play there. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho signs a RB, sells Martial and buy a right winger.
Yep I agree. Personally I’d go for:

Tierney
Bale (happy to use Martial)
Draxler (Dream signing)
Alderweireld

I’d happily fore go a right back for a right winger although a little sneaky bid for Coleman would be nice.

——————DDG
Valencia Bailley Alderweireld Tierney
——————Matic
——-Draxler———Pogba
Bale—————————Sanchez
————-—Lukaku

I know I’m biased but I love Draxler as a player. Him In our midfield behind Sanchez and Bale alongside Pogba and Matic just oozes quality for me. Tierney and hopefully Coleman would give us great legs up and down with good quality coming from wide areas. Apart from Bale (maybe include martial if real interested) these guys wouldn’t cost bucketloads and are achievable imo.