What four players would you like to see come here in the Summer

Fer

Would you be satisfied if we sign these 4 players and start the new season with this team?

De Gea
Valencia - Bailly - Alderweireld - Sandro
Matic
Fred - Pogba
William - Lukaku - Sanchez​

laughtersassassin

Would you be satisfied if we sign these 4 players and start the new season with this team?

De Gea
Matic
Fred - Pogba

Likely wouldn't be enough. At least one of a right back or second center mid is needed.

Also not having Martial leaving to fund a move for Willian if we are only buying four players. If we are buying 5+ sure but technically speaking Mata should be the one Willian replaces imo.

ROFLUTION

This wont happen as I think we've spent a lot on Sanchez already, but I'll go into full muppet mode:

De Gea
Valencia/Young - Smalling - Alderweireld - Sandro
Matic
Thiago - Pogba
Bale - Lukaku - Sanchez

Ins:
Sandro: 40m gbp
Alderweireld: 40m gbp
Thiago: 70m gbp
Bale: 80m gbp

Outs:
Martial: 60m gbp
Blind: 10m gbp
Lindelöf: 15m gbp
Darmian: 15m gbp

Combined: 120m gbp

StonedhamsterZA

This wont happen as I think we've spent a lot on Sanchez already, but I'll go into full muppet mode:

De Gea
Valencia/Young - Smalling - Alderweireld - Sandro
Matic
Thiago - Pogba
Bale - Lukaku - Sanchez

Ins:
Sandro: 40m gbp
Alderweireld: 40m gbp
Thiago: 70m gbp
Bale: 80m gbp

Outs:
Martial: 60m gbp
Blind: 10m gbp
Lindelöf: 15m gbp
Darmian: 15m gbp

Combined: 120m gbp

Might be a bit soon to pull the trigger on Lindelof, I feel. Also, Bale? Mmmmmm. He's gotten over his latest injury, but if he ever came back to England, all defenders would know he's one bad tackle away from the medical room. If we want to spend 80M on Bale, I feel we could spend the same amount on someone less risky.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
De Gea
Valencia Bailly Alderweireld Sandro
Matic
Milinkovic/ Fred Pogba
Willian Lukaku Sanchez

That’d be a decent window but we’re Still in desperate need of a RB though.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Alderweireld
Sandro (appears to be the one most likely)
Fred
SMS
Bale/Willian/Mahrez/Bailey

Chillosophy

De Gea
Matic
Milinkovic/ Fred Pogba
Willian Lukaku Sanchez

That’d be a decent window but we’re Still in desperate need of a RB though.
This is how I want to see us line up next season aswell, except I'd prefer Mahrez to Willian. I think Milinkovic-Savic is too similar to Paul aswell so dont think we'll sign him. The other 4 positions are in more desperate need of reinforcements imo, Young/Valencia and even Lindelof/Bailly should be enough to cover RB.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Sandro, bonucci( dream signing) or alderweireld, willian and veratti would be dream window.

The-Mezzala

RB Sidibe
LB Alex Sandro
RW Leon Bailey or Mahrez
CB De Ligt
CM Ruben Neves

I know it says 4 but I think 5 is needed to push City next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bestietom

De Gea
Matic
Fred - Pogba
Would like to see this team, but with Sidibe in for Valencia. So That's 5 players in.

Last edited:

Fer

Yep I agree. Personally I’d go for:

Tierney
Bale (happy to use Martial)
Draxler (Dream signing)
Alderweireld

I’d happily fore go a right back for a right winger although a little sneaky bid for Coleman would be nice.

——————DDG
Valencia Bailley Alderweireld Tierney
——————Matic
——-Draxler———Pogba
Bale—————————Sanchez
————-—Lukaku

I know I’m biased but I love Draxler as a player. Him In our midfield behind Sanchez and Bale alongside Pogba and Matic just oozes quality for me. Tierney and hopefully Coleman would give us great legs up and down with good quality coming from wide areas. Apart from Bale (maybe include martial if real interested) these guys wouldn’t cost bucketloads and are achievable imo.
I am also a Draxler fan. Unfortunately, I can't see it happen. Tierney would be great, but it seems he is happy at Celtic. For now, it seems that Sandro and Talisca could be our new signings.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I am also a Draxler fan. Unfortunately, I can't see it happen. Tierney would be great, but it seems he is happy at Celtic. For now, it seems that Sandro and Talisca could be our new signings.
Think we’d get Tierney if we went for him as first choice. Talisca I haven’t saw enough of to comment.
But Draxler is a sensational player so creative and great at one v ones and puts in a shift. Think he’d be available also and would not cost fortunes (great age and profile also). Would absolutely love him as a three in our midfield him Pogba and Matic would be superb imo. Big games ok maybe we need to see but for the majority of our games it would just take us up a level and take a lot of the creative pressure (responsibility) away from Pogba. Plus if rumours are correct and we added Willian in front of him at wide right we’d be adding essentially two exceptional players who both excel at keeping the ball and creating chances. This added to both full backs bombing up and down would really set us alight.

HorrorFan07

We need a superstar - a Bale, Ronaldo, Salah, Hazard, Aguero type.

Forget 4 players and just wet the bed and go full muppet mode for that 1 player.

spiriticon

We need a target striker. A big, strong and preferably hairy one. Or two. Its the only way Jose knows how to attack.

I've given up on Jose bringing flair to our game, because he obviously has no clue how to. So lets just get him the tools he needs to get the job done.

Which target men are available this summer? I feel like we missed a trick on Giroud in January.

McFeast

Forget 4 players and just wet the bed and go full muppet mode for that 1 player.
We got our star player 2 summers back in Pogba, and he's still got questions-marks placed above his head as to whether he'll be worth that fee.

I personally need to see some wide-players who can bring some directness into our play instead of the constant habit our players have of moving inside the field. It would be a brilliant tactic IF we had proper fullbacks who won't constantly take too many touches and slow down our play, but if Young and Valencia are going to occupie those positions next season, we simply need players, who are actually capable of dribbling past his opponent. Sanchez, Lingard, Rashford, Martial and Mata can't do that and that for me puts the responsibility of our attacking play onto the midfield players to provide cutting passes and since that won't happen either, that'll provide us with this dire form of football, which we've been served for the last year now.

My 4 signings would probably then be Savic, Sandro, Alderweireld and Willian (for the quick-fix on the right wing), but we're still suffering from Valencias lack of attacking capabilities.

De Gea
Valencia - Baily - Alderweireld - Sandro
Matic
Pogba - Savic
Willian
- Lukaku - Sanchez​

Delano

We dont have a good enough CB pair and we will need to replace bodies in CM.

But for me we are crying out for a Right Winger that wants to actually play there and two full backs. The majority of our attacks come from the flanks and the reality is our right side is pretty none existent as a threat and incredibly easy to defend against with no one willing to run in behind.

Our left side consists of all right footed players who want to come inside and clog up the middle. If we don't address the wings, nothing will change. So based on current rumours I'd like to see:

CB: Alderweireld
LB: Sandro
RB: Sidibe
CM: Fred/Weigl
RW: Bailey/Dembele

I think we will get 4 and stick with Valencia and Fosu-Menash. We will then look for a work horse right winger like Willian which is the wrong move.

sneg

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not... Either way, I don't think we need one.
Sanchez should be that superstar. And Pogba, probably.

I believe that midfield should still be fixed most urgently. I thought that defensive midfielder like Matić would bring some stabillity and enable other midfielders (Pogba especially) to get more space and freedom and consequently contribute more offensive-vise, but it didn't worked (yet?). I can barely remember any goal that was scored as a consenquece of smart fast overall movement and nice through pass from one of midfielders. The team is just to static, it feels like main strategy is just forcing the ball to target man and hoping for the best. Horrible football.

Reactions: Sultan

Heardy

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not... Either way, I don't think we need one.
Sanchez should be that superstar. And Pogba, probably.

I believe that midfield should still be fixed most urgently. I thought that defensive midfielder like Matić would bring some stabillity and enable other midfielders (Pogba especially) to get more space and freedom and consequently contribute more offensive-vise, but it didn't worked (yet?). I can barely remember any goal that was scored as a consenquece of smart fast overall movement and nice through pass from one of midfielders. The team is just to static, it feels like main strategy is just forcing the ball to target man and hoping for the best. Horrible football.
"should be" is kind of the point here though isnt it. Whe. we bought van persie as an example he won the league for us. won matches and ultimately made the difference in us winning the league.

Sanchez has been terrible since signing for us generally and if anything Martial has been much worse since january so net effect has been negative.

We need a winner / game changer and whilst great on paper and i want to keep both, neither Sanchez nor Pogba have had that effect for us.

Fer

Think we’d get Tierney if we went for him as first choice. Talisca I haven’t saw enough of to comment.
But Draxler is a sensational player so creative and great at one v ones and puts in a shift. Think he’d be available also and would not cost fortunes (great age and profile also). Would absolutely love him as a three in our midfield him Pogba and Matic would be superb imo. Big games ok maybe we need to see but for the majority of our games it would just take us up a level and take a lot of the creative pressure (responsibility) away from Pogba. Plus if rumours are correct and we added Willian in front of him at wide right we’d be adding essentially two exceptional players who both excel at keeping the ball and creating chances. This added to both full backs bombing up and down would really set us alight.
Tierney would be my choice too, even above Sandro.

IMO the problem with Draxler in a midfield of Matic-Pogba is balance. He could be better as No.10 or in a midfield of 3 vs easy teams.
I want a CAM like Eriksen, Draxler, James or even Dybala to wear the No.10 shirt. Also, we can get a quality RW if we end up selling Martial.

Fosu-Mens

We dont need a CB as much as we need a LB, CM and RW.

LB: Tierney or Sandro. Both attacking minded players. Sandro is better, but Tierney is younger and assumably cheaper. But if Sandro is the only way we can get rid of Darmian then Sandro would obviously be prefered.
CM: Box to box midfielder with some pace. Fred, Wylan Cyprien, Jean M. Seri would all do this job well enough.
RW: Dybala without a doubt. But it would be no point in buying him if Jose Mourinho is the manager. Then it would be better to buy and additional RB and field 2 RBs at the same time. Less likely to concede that way.
Either CB or RB: Koulibaly or Alderweireld for CB. Koulibaly is younger and arguable the better defender, but more expensive. For RB: Weiser would be the prefered one, but he signed for Leverkusen last week. Mounier would do the job.

Fer

We dont need a CB as much as we need a LB, CM and RW.

LB: Tierney or Sandro. Both attacking minded players. Sandro is better, but Tierney is younger and assumably cheaper. But if Sandro is the only way we can get rid of Darmian then Sandro would obviously be prefered.
CM: Box to box midfielder with some pace. Fred, Wylan Cyprien, Jean M. Seri would all do this job well enough.
RW: Dybala without a doubt. But it would be no point in buying him if Jose Mourinho is the manager. Then it would be better to buy and additional RB and field 2 RBs at the same time. Less likely to concede that way.
Either CB or RB: Koulibaly or Alderweireld for CB. Koulibaly is younger and arguable the better defender, but more expensive. For RB: Weiser would be the prefered one, but he signed for Leverkusen last week. Mounier would do the job.
IMO Dybala is not a right winger. He’s quick, but not as top-end pacey as you’d like, and he certainly isn’t willing (or able) to put in the defensive effort that Mourinho requires of his wings.

tomaldinho1

Fred: seems likely although I know zero about how good he is - Mou's judgement on players is pretty spot on so hopefully he's a good egg.
Toby: seems possible although will pay over the odds because Spurs are Spurs & Levy is Levy.
Willian: Unlikely IMO but would complete a very strong attack and give us a goal threat from all sides.
Reus: Wildcard. Because... why not, injury risk but Dortmund seem to be declining and have lost some top attacking players which might make him start to think. A cheeky low bid to tempt him.

reddaz71

Savic
Bale
Willian
Sandro
Alderweireld
Fred

Those 6 and we are surely set,only sticking point is if Lukaku gets injured,lack of cover!

Fosu-Mens

IMO Dybala is not a right winger. He’s quick, but not as top-end pacey as you’d like, and he certainly isn’t willing (or able) to put in the defensive effort that Mourinho requires of his wings.
Dybala has played there often(Juventus either play 523, 532 or 433) And our RW drifts inside all the time, and has a very free role. Basically the same position and role he has at Juventus, and the same role Salah has at Liverpool, and the same role Bale has at RM. And the same as Messi often do. And it is the same formula most top teams playing 433 does today. When starting the attack the RW/LW stays wide, then when the attack goes on they drift inside, making space for the overlap.
But, he is not the classical RW as you say. But they are seldom used in top football today. There is a reason for that in the top leagues today most RWs are left footed, and LWs are right footed.

SpyLuke10

Fred, Milinkovic-Savic, Alex Sandro and Samuel Umtiti IN. Martial staying. Darmian, Blind and Fellaini leaving.

Fer

Quality instead of quantity...

De Gea
Valencia - Bailly - Koulibaly - Sandro
Matic
Thiago - Pogba
Bale - Lukaku - Sanchez​

Woziak

Pretty Sure, we won't be signing 4 players more like 5 to 6 and mostly agree with the obvious names.

Sandro
T Auderweild
Sergej Milinokovic Savic
Fred
Bale
Mandzukic

Best part of £320M

Only that sort of quality investment makes us true PL challengers next season but what a great night when Klopp proved once more he is a perenial loser, lovely football but no Trophies 1 win in 7 now in major finals and 3 on the trot for Liverpool !

Fer

Pretty Sure, we won't be signing 4 players more like 5 to 6 and mostly agree with the obvious names.

Sandro
T Auderweild
Sergej Milinokovic Savic
Fred
Bale
Mandzukic

Best part of £320M

Only that sort of quality investment makes us true PL challengers next season but what a great night when Klopp proved once more he is a perenial loser, lovely football but no Trophies 1 win in 7 now in major finals and 3 on the trot for Liverpool !
I would prefer a new RB instead of Mandzukic.

Relfy

Buy:
Toby
Sandro
Thiago
Sessengnon - loan back to Fulham immediately
Fred - Looks to be a done deal though i don't know enough about him to pass comment

Sell:
Fellaini
Darmian
Mata

Loan:
Tuanzebe- another year of regular football would be good for his development
Lindelof (maybe)
TFM - he started well at Palace and then got replaced. Would like to see him get more minutes under his belt

DDG
Valencia Bailly Toby Sandro
Matic
Thiago Pogba
Sanchez Lukaku Martial

Would like to upgrade RB but cannot think of anyone suitable off the top of my head.
Sanchez to play from the right - i think this would give the side much better balance
Martial to stay and start on the left - to be interchanged with Rashford as needed

Fosu-Mens

Buy:
Toby
Sandro
Thiago
Sessengnon - loan back to Fulham immediately
Fred - Looks to be a done deal though i don't know enough about him to pass comment

Sell:
Fellaini
Darmian
Mata

Loan:
Tuanzebe- another year of regular football would be good for his development
Lindelof (maybe)
TFM - he started well at Palace and then got replaced. Would like to see him get more minutes under his belt

DDG
Valencia Bailly Toby Sandro
Matic
Thiago Pogba
Sanchez Lukaku Martial

Would like to upgrade RB but cannot think of anyone suitable off the top of my head.
Sanchez to play from the right - i think this would give the side much better balance
Martial to stay and start on the left - to be interchanged with Rashford as needed
Djibril Sidibe, Joao Cancelo, Hysaj, Odriozola, Ricardo Pereira. Ball playing RBs that can cross and with enough pace to do the job. All should be available for £40m or less.

Relfy

Djibril Sidibe, Joao Cancelo, Hysaj, Odriozola, Ricardo Pereira. Ball playing RBs that can cross and with enough pace to do the job. All should be available for £40m or less.
I have seen these names being banded about, but I can't say I know much if anything about them. Valencia definitely needs to be replaced but I think we could defer that replacement for a year as long as we fix the other problem areas on the pitch.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Cedric £15m
Sessengnon and loan back to Fulham. £25m
Fred £45m
SMS £80m
Bale £80m

Sod it, just go all out and blow £250m net and go for broke in the league.

Sell Darmian, Blind, Fellaini and make that £225m net spend.

IrishRedDevil

Sandro
Alderweireld
Fred
Bale

Seems to be lining up that way, hopefully.

——-———De Gea
——————Matic
——--Fred ———- Pogba
Bale———Lukaku——-Sánchez