What four players would you like to see come here in the Summer

Enigma_87

You know who
Sandro
Sidibe
Pavard
Toby
Mahrez/Willian/Any decent RW who can beat a man and stretch the opposition.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
One list is so many isn't it? :lol:
The List Of Jericho.

That dude that mentioned buying Godin and Bonucci is onto something:lol: fecking hell literally sell all our senior CBs except Lindelof and Bailly then buy Sandro and Willian, that would be a Mourinho team if ever I saw one.

De Gea
Valencia Bonucci Godin Sandro
Fred Matic Pogba
Willian Lukaku Sanchez

EyeInTheSky

You'd really want us to focus on splashing out for two CB when our attack is like it is? Bizarre.

You'd think we were leaking goals last season and our defence was awful. Yes it was shaky at times, but didn't we have one of the best defence records in the league?

I know people want our CB to come out more and be involved in attack, but how about we get some attackers who do their jobs properly instead.
The main issue we had last season is that despite not conceding many goals is how vulnerable we were when we lost the ball which had a clear impact on players trying to get forward. This made them hide in their shells a bit rather than taking risks and getting exposed. With that lot, I mentioned there would be very comfortable knowing who was behind them. Not only that these players can pass as well and have confidence in bringing it out.

It's not that we don't have the attackers so much, it is sometimes the answer is not as obvious as splashing out on attackers but the process of getting it to them in the first place and allowing the mental breathing space for them to express themselves a bit more.

But in any case, I did mention that we needed an Attacker in the RW maybe you missed that. I doubt we would be buying more attackers than we already have as we are fully stocked in that department and I can't see us replacing Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford etc...

beingshe7don

Does anyone know how much is Adrien Rabiot valued at? He seems like a decent replacement for Matic (for the future) and could rotate and offer us midfield depth and he's only 23.... seems like he's been around forever.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Dalot
Fred
Mahrez
Sessengnon

Add those two to the 2 we've got and I think we can win the league.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Dalot
Fred
Mahrez
Sessengnon

Add those two to the 2 we've got and I think we can win the league.
You seriously think that we can win the league with the addition of Fred and Mahrez (Dalot and Sessengnon are very young and won't get much first team game time, under Jose)?

Murray3007

You seriously think that we can win the league with the addition of Fred and Mahrez (Dalot and Sessengnon are very young and won't get much first team game time, under Jose)?
still not sure why people keeping thinking Sessengnon is a answer to left back more then anything, hes played as a winger almost the entire season at Fulham, would like him here as been impressed everytime i have seen him but would still like a LB in as well as him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Does anyone know how much is Adrien Rabiot valued at? He seems like a decent replacement for Matic (for the future) and could rotate and offer us midfield depth and he's only 23.... seems like he's been around forever.
Not sure he’s got the discipline to sit like matic

Renegade

Do we need a supplier (Willian,Mahrez) or a goalscorer/match winner (Bale) for that RW?
I’d love bale but I’m not sure if he and Sanchez could co insist in the same line up. I could be wrong.

Anyway..
FB - Dalot
CM - Fred
LB - Rose/Sandro (natural width, direct)
RW - Bale

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Bailly Rose/Sandro
Fred Matic Pogba
Bale Lukaku Sanchez

We probably do need a CB and I don’t expect Dalot to play much next season at all. If we signed a LB i can see Young(50games next season) getting games at RB.

We would be putting a lot of hope
On Fred adapting ASAP and Sanchez producing Arsenal form.

In a ideal world send Jones on loan somewhere for a season and see if he can magically manage 30+ games outside of Old Trafford environment.

Rauður Djöfull

Lots of speculations and it's fun to think of different scenarios in regards of potential transfers and who the club should bring, i've suggested some before in this thread if I'm not wrong. Right now rumours are few and far between, things seem to be on hold for Utd at the moment so hoping we act quickly after the WC and expect a signing or two to be made.

But in regards to these four players and if we are counting Dalot and Fred are two of those. How about going for Tierney and Sessegnon?
Move Sanchez to the right while Sessegnon and Martial can share the left flank.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I think this summer is going to be incredibly underwhelming for us unfortunately. There just don’t seem to be many options available for the caliber of player we need and we are quite far down the pecking order right now.

The Real No7

Out: Jones, Blind, Darmian, Rojo and Mata.

In: Fred, Dalot, Sandro, Lozano and Toby.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Would Costa now move knowing Ronaldo is joining? Same with all players at Juve
I honestly don't know. Costa, however would be amazing for us. A much needed upgrade in flair, technicality, and general ability to run at defenders.

Cheekiey

Didn't Juve just make costas loan deal permanent?
Costa would be perfect for our RW.
Yup not too long ago

I honestly don't know. Costa, however would be amazing for us. A much needed upgrade in flair, technicality, and general ability to run at defenders.
He really would, one of the quickest players with the ball at his feet. Frustrates the hell out of me why we weren't in for him when he was leaving Bayern.

Fer

Would Costa now move knowing Ronaldo is joining? Same with all players at Juve
Douglas Costa is going to stay at Juventus. But as you mentioned, there are other players who are going to be sold in order to buy Ronaldo, like Rugani, Sturaro and mainly Higuain.

IMO Allegri is going to play 433 (Perin; Cancelo, Benatia, Chiellini, Sandro; Can, Matuidi, Pjanic; Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo).

Buffon’s departure will free up space on the wage bill, same with Higuain and the other players.

davidmichael

Maguire
Sandro
Bale

Maguire is just begging to be bought, be so annoying to see a rival buy him.
Beat me to it as I was about to say the exact same thing and exact same three players, I think those three added to Dalot and Fred with what we already have transforms us completely.

Vagene

Who knows who were after, I know the WC is on and rumours are dead until after but at this moment in time I couldn’t bet on any player joining United.
The only teams I’m seeing bidding for players are Arsenal and West Ham

beingshe7don

Need to get Maguire before someone else does
Didn't Mourinho say something about Maguire diving and Maguire retaliated in a statement? Don't see this happening. However, Maguire and Van Dijk would put Liverpool ahead of us in the title challenge

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I’d put my money on Klopp going for Maguire.
Can't see him putting so much money in to the CB position. VVD at £75m, Maguire 25, English, 2 strong consecutive seasons in the PL and now with a top 8 side in Leicester having just been bought for £17m and now getting plenty of attention and success at the World Cup, surely Leicester would want £50m at least. That's a tonne of money to spend on two CB's -
even City haven't quit managed that!

I do think Maguire would be a good buy for United, though. Would be an upgrade on Smalling, similarly if not more dominant in the air, slower but many, many times better on the ball both passing and more importantly carrying, and more of a leader. Doesn't seem to have the injury problems that a lot of United CB's do (Jones, Rojo), nor have I seen him make as many individual mistakes leading to goals as some (Jones, Rojo).

Once Bailly is over his injury problems, that would allow United to have a settled partnership which is really important and they haven't had that for a while and I think they would complement each other reasonably well. Both are strong and physical, Bailly quicker and if he can keep his concentration levels high and his composure can be a great covering CB, whilst Maguire can be the big, tall CB that dominates the ball aerially and also the one who can bring it out from the back (not that Bailly is bad on the ball, either).

Last edited:

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
With Pulisic not being in the World Cup, I’m thinking we might be able to get a good deal for him. Would hate to see him go to Spurs or Liverpool.

Devil may care

We've bought two and it seems like we aren't going to buy an LB and unfortunately Fellaini is staying so we wont be adding a playmaker CM, so I can't see us buying 4, if we make a 3rdsgning I think it'll be a CB, hopefully Skrinniar or Alderweireld.