3. Gareth Bale/ RWS
4. Sergej Milinokovic Savic/ AMF

What I think we will end up with;

1. Toby Auderweild/ CB
2. Kieran Tierney/ LWB
3. Douglas Costa/ RWS
4. Arturo Vidal/ AMF

Assuming that Dalot and Fred are already signed
I hope we end up with the players you mentioned. I'm afraid that we could end up with something worst.

1. Boateng has been injured lately, even more than Alderweireld.
2. Sandro had an average season while Tierney was really good, he is 7 years younger than Sandro and he wouldnt cost that much.
3. Bale is world class, but it's also a risk. Costa is good enough, cheaper and younger.
4. Agree with you about SMS, the problem is that he will cost a lot. But he would be a better investment than Vidal.

Fer

DDG
Odriozola Bailly De Ligt Tierney
Matic
CM Pogba
RW Lukaku Sanchez​

I would sign top players in our midfield and attack:
CM: Thiago, Kroos or Verrati
RW: Bale, Griezmann or Dybala

For the defense, I would invest in young players such as Odriozola, De Ligt and Tierney. They would be cheaper than Alderweireld, Sandro.

Gerald G

We need more than 4.

Now we've signed Dalot and Fred, the other priorities are a LB and CB. Ideally that would be Toby and Sandro. Also, I would say we need another midfielder, especially with it looking likely that Fellaini will be departing.

De Gea/Pereira

Valencia/Dalot Bailly/Jones Alderweireld/Smalling Sandro/Young

New CM/Matic

Fred/Herrera Pogba/Pereira

Sanchez/Mata Lukaku/Rashford Martial/Lingard​

fwiw I don't think we'll be signing a RW. If not Toby then Jerome or that Lenglet. Unsure about the DM, possibly Diawara?

Dante

Average bang
<-Sanchez Lukaku->
<-Pogba...........Savic->
Fred Matic
Perisic/Sandro Jones Bailly Dalot................
DDG

<-Martial Rashford->
<-Lingard.............Mata->
McTominay Herrera
Young Lindelof Smalling Valencia
Romero
A first and second choice 4-2-2-2 formation. Only four purchases. Easily competitive with anyone in Europe.

Plenty of room for Chong, Gomes, Mitchell, TFM and Tuanzebe to be drafted in over coming years.

Fred
Dalot
Savic
Perisic/Sandro*

*Depending on who's the best choice to be a wing back.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
We're in a stage of limbo now. We've signed Fred and Dalot. There aren't any sagas going on in the media regarding us other than the Bale-United story.

I literally have no idea who else we're going to sign.

Thoth

I would go for Bonucci, he is reportedly available for 30m euro given AC`s financial predicament.

Thaigo or Kovacic or Veratti would be brilliant. Ball park £60m for the first two but Veratti would cost a bit more.

Bale would be very good signing and bring with it all the publicity the Club thrives on. Ed would be Woodhard for months!
He looked pissed off after the CL final but I think he could be convinced to stay at Madrid by their new manager and will wait to see what transpires that end while we wait around for another Summer.

If we are looking elsewhere Malcom of Bordeaux for £40m will be a bargain sometime soon. Rodrygo at Santos has the attention of the big two in Spain, with a release clause at £44m that will be a pittance if he continues to full-fill his potential.
I think that`s where we would be looking under SAF but he was building on a great team most of the time and could afford adjustment time, where Jose needs a side that`s ready today.

If we are in for a back up target man striker as reported, what about Rondon? £16m, 28, a seasoned PL player with a decent record given the service he received. I have always been impressed with his work rate and attitude.

Last edited:

Fer

I would go for Bonucci, he is reportedly available for 30m euro given AC`s financial predicament.

Thiago or Kovacic or Veratti would be brilliant. Ball park £60m for the first two but Veratti would cost a bit more.

Bale would be very good signing and bring with it all the publicity the Club thrives on. Ed would be Woodhard for months!
He looked pissed off after the CL final but I think he could be convinced to stay at Madrid by their new manager and will wait to see what transpires that end while we wait around for another Summer.

If we are looking elsewhere Malcom of Bordeaux for £40m will be a bargain sometime soon. Rodrygo at Santos has the attention of the big two in Spain, with a release clause at £44m that will be a pittance if he continues to full-fill his potential.
I think that`s where we would be looking under SAF but he was building on a great team most of the time and could afford adjustment time, where Jose needs a side that`s ready today.

If we are in for a back up target man striker as reported, what about Rondon? £16m, 28, a seasoned PL player with a decent record given the service he received. I have always been impressed with his work rate and attitude.
It seems that the could be available, the can play as No.6 and No.8... Thiago would be my choice because he would be cheaper than Verrati and Kovacic is a bit similar to Fred. But any o those choices would improve our midfield. The only way I can see Mou signing a top CM like them it would be if Herrera, Pereira and Fellaini are sold.

Bestietom

It seems that the could be available, the can play as No.6 and No.8... Thiago would be my choice because he would be cheaper than Verrati and Kovacic is a bit similar to Fred. But any o those choices would improve our midfield. The only way I can see Mou signing a top CM like them it would be if Herrera, Pereira and Fellaini are sold.
I think having brought Fred in now, Mourinho should go for a Top right winger and of course a CB and a LB.

Fer

There are quality players who are available for a reasonable price. We could sign Thiago, Mahrez, Lenglet, Tierney for less than 200m.

Savic, Bale, Alderweireld and Sandro would cost around 350m.

phyniks

Supports
Esteghlal Iran
I d like to see MU sign Vahid Amiri as L B
You can see what he did with Pique last night

Last edited by a moderator:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Some LB
Some RW
This guy Nbombelye I heard about fiften minutes ago

Fer

If we are going to sign just 2 more players, then we need a top RW and LB.

Bale and Sandro would be ideal. Are there any other players who can be better than them?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Having already signed Fred and Dalot.

2 more players I would choose would be Godin if the latest rumours are not just him wanting a better contract at his present club. A right winger with any from Bale, Mahrez or Willian. I don't think left-back is such an issue. If Shaw doesn't sign an extension he'll play out of his skin to get a shiny new contract with a new club. There's also Young and Dalot. Although no idea how he'll turn out.

Fer

Having already signed Fred and Dalot.

2 more players I would choose would be Godin if the latest rumours are not just him wanting a better contract at his present club. A right winger with any from Bale, Mahrez or Willian. I don't think left-back is such an issue. If Shaw doesn't sign an extension he'll play out of his skin to get a shiny new contract with a new club. There's also Young and Dalot. Although no idea how he'll turn out.
Our defense was not a big problem last season, we also have Bailly, Smalling, Rojo, Lindelof, Jones, Blind?... and the return of TFM and Tuanzebe, all those players for 2 positions. We need to sell at least 3 defenders if we want to add another one to the list.
We don't create enough goal opportunities, if we sign proper fullbacks, a top RW and improve our midfield that could change.

BTW, Godin is great but he is 32 years old. I would prefer someone younger. I totally agree with you on the right wing, if we sign someone like Bale or Mahrez, we would have one of the best teams in Europe.

drdoityourself

Haven't read the whole thread so hopefully there is a happy poster who asked for the resigning of Fellaini, Fred, Dalot and Lee Grant.

I felt before this window the most urgent areas were the full backs and RW. Dalot hopefully pushes Valencia sooner than I expect.
I'm intrigued either by Tierney or Philipp Max, and still have hope for Bale on the right wing.

Cheekiey

sigh..

Adly & Son in exchange for Martial. play Son on the right.
then one of Thiago, Verratti & Kovacic in that order.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
We are keeping Fellaini. So don't need the second CM signing. We dint need one even if Fellaini left, a midfield of Pogba, Fred, Matic, Herrera, Perreira and McTominay would be more than enough.
We don't need to sign a CM yet, Bailly and Lindelof will show their worth this season IMO.

We have signed a RB(not ready to start) and a CM.
Let us sign a top class right sided forward and a starting LB(send shaw out of loan).

Let us sell, Blind, Darmian, one CB and Mata.

Irrational.

Bale, Bonucci and Sandro - and we are good to go for the season :drool:

Second/ cheaper choice options: Brandt, Lenglet and Tierney.

beingshe7don

If we get Thiago and Sandro, I would forget the pain of us signing Fellaini back again.

sherrinford

If we get Thiago and Sandro, I would forget the pain of us signing Fellaini back again.
Why would we sign another midfielder, a position we have already bought for for the third summer on the trot? And who do you see playing on the right, where we have no good option?

beingshe7don

Why would we sign another midfielder, a position we have already bought for for the third summer on the trot? And who do you see playing on the right, where we have no good option?
We are light in midfield. We needed two quality midfielders this summer. Our midfield is still light with even getting Fred. As for the RW, the only way we'll get anyone in is if we sell Martial which I don't think will happen.

My recommendation (4-3-3) with Sandro and Dalot working as wing backs to provide width. Pogba, Fred and Thiago are very dynamic midfielders with a lot of creativity and the front three need no introduction. Lindelof will only get better this season. Bailly will regain full fitness and come good as well

---- Sanchez ---- Lukaku ---- Martial ----
-- Sandro -- Pogba -- Fred -- Dalot --
----------------- Thiago --------------------
--------- Bailly ------- Lindelof ------------

Kidders

Mahrez
Kroos
Sandro
Koulibaly

DDG/Romero......Grant or Pereira ?
Dalot/Valencia Bailly/Smalling Koulibaly/Rojo Sandro/Shaw..............Lindelöf.
Fred/Herrera Kroos/Matic Pogba/Fellaini.............McTominay.
Mahrez/Lingard Lukaku/Rashford Martial/Sanchez.......

Sell Johnstone, Jones, Blind, Young, Darmian, Periera, Wilson & Mata

Loan Periera, TFM, Tuanzebe.

sherrinford

We are light in midfield. We needed two quality midfielders this summer. Our midfield is still light with even getting Fred. As for the RW, the only way we'll get anyone in is if we sell Martial which I don't think will happen.

My recommendation (4-3-3) with Sandro and Dalot working as wing backs to provide width. Pogba, Fred and Thiago are very dynamic midfielders with a lot of creativity and the front three need no introduction. Lindelof will only get better this season. Bailly will regain full fitness and come good as well

---- Sanchez ---- Lukaku ---- Martial ----
-- Sandro -- Pogba -- Fred -- Dalot --
----------------- Thiago --------------------
--------- Bailly ------- Lindelof ------------
Do you really think that team is stronger than having Matic in Thiago’s place and an actual right-sided attacker in place of Martial?

I can see your logic regarding a right winger in terms of the number of attacking players overall but you don’t seem to apply that same logic to midfield.

We have three players who, again, have been brought to the club in successive years, under Mourinho’s stewardship, at great expense. It is surely very sensible to assume that they will be set for starting roles in the team. We then have Herrera, who can come in in the holding role or as an energetic workhorse at no.8, and we have Fellaini and Lingard, who are more advanced players - potentially occupying no.8 or no.10 roles - and are not starting standard but offer qualities and interpret their roles in a way which is very distinct from our high-calibre players in that area (and really from most midfielders in general). They are, again, great ‘options’ - they provide something different and are effective in what they do. Six good players for three positions, a clear hierarchy, varied skill sets and with no gap in positional coverage. McTominay pads out the squad. Outside of Real Madrid, Bayern and PSG, our depth is level with, or stronger than, anyone. I think a second midfield signing only made sense with Fellaini’s potential exit, and for a player who operates in a similarly advanced area - not another deep-lying player like Thiago.

Looking at our attacking options, we have potentially six choices for three positions as with the midfield area. Lukaku up top and Sanchez for the left seem dead certain, with Martial and Rashford able to come in in either spot. Big question mark on the right though, with Mata and Lingard the most frequent occupiers last season and both Martial and Rashford ‘tried’ there relatively unsuccessfully. All options are underwhelming for that position when considering a bona fide starter - any of them can cover but none will make that role their own.

We have similar levels of depth in both midfield and attack, but there’s only one position across the six where we don’t have the quality of a genuine starter and that needs to be prioritised.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Would love to see United lining up like this next season. Never gonna happen I know but we'd have pace all over the pitch, along with guile, resilience and flair. I know it doesn't have much width, but I would happily sacrifice Matic to have Dalot and Sandro as WBs or keep him as a deep lying DM.
d love to see United
----------
De Gea-----------
Dalot--Bailly--Koulibaly--Sandro
------------Matic------------
-------
Fred-------Pogba-------
----------
Rodriguez-----------
-------
Sanchez---Lukaku-------

Backup/Subs:

Romero, Lindelof, Rojo, Shaw, Valencia, Herrera, Fellaini, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, McTominay, Young, youth prospects

Out: Johnstone/Pereira, Blind, Mata, Darmian, Smalling, Jones.

I wouldn't be averse to getting Bonucci, Bale, Willian and Kroos for a different lineup/setup.

NoPace

Alex Sandro
Riyad Mahrez
James Rodriguez
Milan Škriniar
Yeah I like this let's do this.

----------Lukaku-------- (Rashford)
Sanchez-James-Mahrez (Martial, Mata, Lingard)
-----Pogba--Fred------- (Matic, Herrera)
Sandro-Skiniar-Bailly-Valencia

and throw in Matic and drop Mahrez in tougher games if ya like. James can play anywhere and Lukaku can use the space on the right that is freed up to cut in and score and make runs into the box like Cristiano does now that he's not really a winger anymore.

TrebleFan99

First 2:

Bonucci ———Godin

——— DDG———

Nobody is getting past that lot.

Last 2:

Sandro

Literally any right winger we are linked with. We have none so that would be 100% improvement.
My thoughts exactly at LB. If we aren’t working on a deal for Sandro that is a sin.

Judas

Open to offers
First 2:

Bonucci ———Godin

——— DDG———

Nobody is getting past that lot.

Last 2:

Sandro

Literally any right winger we are linked with. We have none so that would be 100% improvement.
You'd really want us to focus on splashing out for two CB when our attack is like it is? Bizarre.

You'd think we were leaking goals last season and our defence was awful. Yes it was shaky at times, but didn't we have one of the best defence records in the league?

I know people want our CB to come out more and be involved in attack, but how about we get some attackers who do their jobs properly instead.

Bestietom

Sandro and Willian to add to the 2 we have already have brought in. I think that Lindelof will come good this season with Bailly.