What happened to Tom Cleverley? | Retires due to injury

Shiva87

That was one of his best performances I've seen. Good day for him today. One touch, pass, move. Good stuff.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Reading many threads on this forum, I wonder whether half the people here don't actually hate Man Utd and 99% of players who have ever represented the club. Such viciousness and negativity around a player who did his best, won a title, got an injury, wasn't quite up to that level and went off to another club.
This place is a joke these days. One of the best young forwards in the world is a fraud apparently :houllier: It is just a constant cesspool of shite.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I must admit that I don’t remember anything about Cleverley as a player, so I went on YouTube and found this:

Looks decent against strong opposition :confused:
As someone who liked him, he was rarely that decent unfortunately. He just shrank under pressure.

That was a brilliant game, though. That was one of three games where Carrick, Cleverley and Rooney formed an excellent trio in midfield. The other two games were away to Chelsea (another classic 3-2 victory!) & at home to Arsenal in which RvP faced Arsenal for the first time and scored.

All 3 wins were early in the season and vital in us gaining a substantial lead at the top.
Same!

I think he scored a winner vs them either last season or the season before :drool:
He only went and scored again!
Played well, the hatred and spitefulness from Utd fans in this thread is pathetic.
The hate Cleverley always got was disappointing. I'm not talking about those who were calling him rubbish and wanting him sold; he got some real vile stuff said his way a lot. He had to close his Twitter account due to the abuse.

Jimmy_Bond

The hate Cleverley always got was disappointing. I'm not talking about those who were calling him rubbish and wanting him sold; he got some real vile stuff said his way a lot. He had to close his Twitter account due to the abuse.
Modern fan I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, the word "supporter" seems to be going out of fashion.

haram

Genuinely is there a difference between him and Andreas?...

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yeah he’s 30 and he won’t really improve from where he is right now.
Andreas has the exact same flaws and comments made in his performance threads for the past 5 years.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Why are people talking about Pereira in the Cleverley thread?

Robbie Boy

Played well, the hatred and spitefulness from Utd fans in this thread is pathetic.
People hate him?

Anyhow, I remember thinking he looked an amazing prospect during his loan spell with Watford when he got into double figures for goals. Then when he was on loan at Wigan he looked like he was ready to play a part for us. He started brightly with us but over time - not sure whether he suffered with confidence issues - his form completely deserted him. There was simply no way we could have kept him as he just wasn’t good enough. He’s shown the odd glimpse here and there since he left us but nothing consistent.

Snafu17

He was a good squad player, had some important performances but never really managed to build on his early promise. After that he seemed to be a decent premier league player but he has had quite a bit of bad luck with injuries.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
God, one game where he plays out of skin, an unsual performance in many ways and history is already being rewritten by folks on the caf...god.

Snafu17

Calling him an OK player is hardly rewriting history. If anything, I think calling him a "coward" because he's ultimately not good enough for United and not particularly creative is a bit silly.

marktan

He still looks like he's 20. If he had a face like Pirlo we'd be calling him world class.

We'll not really but he wouldn't look 20.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
End of an era. I imagine he will go back to Spain now

Brophs

The One and Only
How about you put some respect on his name, which is #clevzinasia

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Every time I hear his name, I think of Roy Keane trying to climb over bushes to beat him up.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I remember thinking him and Jack Wilshere would be Englands midfield for a decade

Not one of my better takes

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Had a decent career and above all is a PL winner. Good luck to him post retirement.

Trequarista10

Decent career overall. After his stint at Everton he could have slipped away into obscurity like so many players who can't cope after failing to make it at the top level, but he had a solid spell at Watford. Under a genius like SAF he was able to play a squad role in a title winning season for us, bit ridiculous to ridicule a player for only reaching that level.