What has, or will, give(n) you joy from this season?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So many threads come off as almost emo in the constant woe that that they invite the collective to wallow in. It's understandable, but are there any shining beacons of positivity to take from this season, in your opinion?

On the playing side of things, Mejbri getting playing time and Sancho settling in a little will be my high points, I think.

Yours?

Ludens the Red

- Spurs finishing above arsenal
- Liverpool not winning the league
- Man City not winning the champions league
- Everton getting relegated

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Games like Arsenal at home and Spurs at home felt good with Ronaldo stepping up and winning them on his own. Felt beautifully nostalgic. Not much of a positive going forward but something to take from the season.

Other than that, it really has been awful. So much disappointment.

Bennie Blanco

Pogba leaving, yes I'm that horrible. Also seeing Everton go down would be absolutely brilliant.

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
Liverpool not winning anything at all..

Denis79

Not many positives this season but before the season started I was very optimistic. Was a really nice feeling while it lasted.

afatzp

I actually would give Fred the Player of the Year. He has played quite well the No.8 role since Rangnick on board , especially taken that his midfield partner McT lacked of quality and Bruno lacked of disciplines and left the midfield wide open when he played the other No. 8 .

Member 101269

Managing to watch CR7 score with people special to me.

SER19

Been the worst season post Ferguson when you weigh squad and expectations v result. I can't wait for it to end.

Rangnick not being shy about discussing failings has been the only high spot and I hope he becomes director

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
This & the sanctions against Chelsea.

I also do like Ralf and his press conferences.

L1nk

• If we follow on from the season with an exciting managerial appointment, preferably ETH, though i'm not against Pochettino either
  • Smart coaching appointments that the new manager wants, not ones that are forced upon him with zero experience because of 'United DNA©™'
  • Signs that the board has listened to Rangnick's advice
  • Appointing Rangnick to a role within the club where he has previously excelled at every club he has been at
  • A clear out of players that either aren't good enough, don't want to be here, or the manager doesn't want them. Instead of desperately trying to cling on to the likes of Pogba for 400k a week when he's shown absolutely that he isn't worth a single penny of it
  • Smart and well thought out signings that fill out the gaping holes in the squad with quality players that can then form a coherant team under the new manager
  • No Galactico signings like 100mill on Harry Kane or 150mill on Declan Rice, wasting all of our transfer budget and leaving us with more gaping holes in our squad all for the sake of social media clicks and the commercial side of the club
All these would have made this season absolutely worth every minute of agony. I'm not holding my breath on any of those points though.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
When about 12 players will be publicly transfer listed in May, thus bringing an end to the poisonous era of player power at the club.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Cristiano coming home. At last.
And getting one over on City in the process with special shoutouts to the pair of blue eekits givining It the big’un like it was a done deal on YouTube and the twonk who ordered CR7 city kits for BOTH his kids before Ronaldo was announced. Just glorious. :devil:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
High point: Fred being our best player this season
Low point: Fred being our best player this season

Irwin99

The Ronaldo goals/performances against Spurs and arsenal were really nice to see, and were very nostalgic, as was his Champions league group stage heroics. I know I sound like a Ronaldo fanboy but i'd like to see him reach 100 premier league goals before the seasons out (think he's on either 94 or 96). Doubt he'll be here next year.

Also:
  • If we can't get top 4 then seeing Spurs pip Arsenal to it would be funny.
  • No historic achievements for either City or Liverpool. City can have the league, Bayern can win the champions league, Chelsea can have the FA cup
  • Pogba fecks off at last. More to do with the circus around the player rather than his mixed performances
  • Lingard fecks off. Ditto
  • :wenger:....outside chance of top 4 still :wenger:

peridigm

1) Pogba gone
2) Lingard gone
3) Martial gone
4) Jones gone
5) City wins the league over Liverpool
6) Chelsea are bought by American owners. Misery knows company.
7) If we can't finish 4th, I hope we at least finish above Spurs and West Ham.
8) ETH is appointed manager
9) All coaches with United DNA are sacked
10) When it's finally over

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  • Liverpool not winning the league
  • City or Liverpool not winning the CL
  • Sancho playing well
  • Rashford finding his motivation again and finding form again and looking happy
  • Announcing Ten Hag to take over in the summer
  • Announcing Pogba/Ronaldo/Cavani/Jones/Mata/ Lingard/most of the loanees will all leave in the summer
We need a rebuild. But it's important to keep the players who can be valuable to the future and get rid of those who just aren't worth keeping either due to age, wage, quality, or fit.

Blood Mage

Yeah these pretty much. Plus Carrick leading us to victory over Arsenal, the only game I truly enjoyed this season so far.

Gandalf

MUW4Eva

In a dream scenario, seeing as it is still just about mathematically possible, finishing above City, and claiming that third Champions League place.

If that happens, then I will be over the moon with happiness!!

In terms of what I have enjoyed about this season, beating Arsenal and City away, yes only in the League Cup, but still really enjoyable times!

Seeing Solskjaer play for our first team, that was special, as brief as it was, that was really, really good.

But the biggest plus point, was the game at Old Trafford against Everton which we won, seeing so many people there, especially young children, and so many of them really enjoying themselves was so very heart-warming.
My favourite part, was coming back home, and seeing a few of our successful youth squad getting the tram, and there were children, off on their own choice, with no pushing or anything from parents, clamouring to get their autographs and having photo's taken with them.
That was great to see, if you get their hearts from such a young age, then hopefully you have got them for life as someone who is interested in the team, and will follow them, as so many people have in years gone by.

So, whilst there have been many frustrations in regards to this season, there have been a fair few plus points.

There is still time for one more huge one, as unlikely as it may seem, but as long as right now it is somewhat feasible, then why not believe in it?!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The ending of it, and another opportunity to start again.

tomaldinho1

Summer transfer window is always exciting as we get swept up in false hope.

Get a decent manager in - genuinely any of the names we’ve been linked with will be an upgrade on the last few years so that’s a positive.

Be nice to see some youth players get game time now CL has realistically gone.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
RedCafe goes into Meltdown? I see a lot of United fans wanting City to win PL titles that I forgot what fanbase is this.

Longshanks

Not been a huge amount to cheer about this season, Leeds at home, Newcastle home for Ronnie's return. The comeback and late winner against Atalanta. After that erm struggling somewhat.

About the only thing left that could give me joy is taking points of Liverpool at Anfield to hopefully stop them winning the Title, not that I have alot of hope of that happening mind, but you never know.

BigRon1985

Rangnick's press conferences have been a masterclass in telling it as it is..........clear, precise and brutally honest!

Elanga, Fred, Dalot (in places) improving

Errrrrrrrrrr........that's it!

Ollie Derbyshire

First game of the season, Ronaldo hat trick against Spurs and the last minute winning goals we’ve had are pretty much the only times I’ve enjoyed this season. It’s been super depressing to be fair.

Can’t wait for Pogba & Lingard to leave I hate seeing them play for us or even sitting on the bench, if they are still here next season I’m going to start supporting Wigan (Home town) and Bournemouth (Home now).

Oh and if we dont finally learn to pass it to our own players that‘ll be me done as well. God were an awful football team !

Ahmer Baig

Announcing ETH as manager.
Liverpool not winning any trophy.
City not winning CL.

Robertd0803

Of stuff thats happened so far:
Ronaldo rejoining and my children getting to see him play.
Thrashing Leeds twice.
Elanga Road.
Ronaldo hat trick vs Spurs.
The 2 league games vs West Ham.
Ronaldos rescue heroics in the CL group.
Sancho getting better.
Being excited when Ralf took over.

dutchred

Despite this season, the future looks very bright. The current youth team is as good if not better than the last time we won the youth cup (maybe not the defense). Given the right manager and a couple of good experienced buys to complement the youngsters we could within a few years be up there again