What in the blue hell is up with those foul throws

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Not today, but since the beginning of the season. I can't be the only one. Every game I've watched, EVERY GAME, a player performs the free throw incorrectly and they don't get sanctioned much. Earlier during the game, we were punished for it, but even before, I saw Robertson clearly throw it from the front and it was as if no one cared. I've been seeing players throw them from a side angle all season long. Is it just my eyes, is it the camera? Have I gone crazy?

NinjaFletch

As annoying as the foul throws are themselves how do we so constantly give away the ball from our own throw ins? We might as well just let the opposition have it everytime.

Siorac

They should just do away with most of these foul throw rules. As long as the player is behind the line and doesn't intentionally chuck it at an opponent, throw it in whatever way they want it.

nyanza

As annoying as the foul throws are themselves how do we so constantly give away the ball from our own throw ins? We might as well just let the opposition have it everytime.
Might have to do with players hiding a lot of the time and the taker not having options.

stevoc

They should just do away with most of these foul throw rules. As long as the player is behind the line and doesn't intentionally chuck it at an opponent, throw it in whatever way they want it.
Yep, nonsense rules.

Should just be a kick-in that has to stay on the ground.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I agree. There is no unfair advantage gained from releasing the ball with both hands slightly behind the head, or whatever Shaw was called for. It's a strange rule. As long as players aren't hurling it 50 yards with one arm like they're a keeper, then does it really matter?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Im guessing the rule in the first place was there to make sure they throw it in that fashion, rather than lobbing it with one hand or like a rugby pass.

I can’t think of a reason why it would matter if the ball doesn’t fully go behind the head? They should just reword it.

Bojan11

This has been going on since Neville retired and Evra left.

None of our fullbacks know how to take a throw. It’s not just foul throws. There’s a lack of urgency when a quick throw is on. Valencia and Young were pretty bad at it.

Dan_F

There was one in the second half where AWB had a throw, I think it was near halfway. Sky went to a replay and went they came back Fabinho had the ball.

Okey

I agree with the opinion to rewrite the rule. So long as you throw with 2 hands up above your head, it really shouldn't matter.

Eplel

I think Shaw yesterday was penalised for stalling, not for taking the throw the wrong way.

MDFC Manager

We're one of the worst teams when we've got throw-ins. Hardly anyone makes themselves available to receive the ball and the guy throwing has to scan the pitch for a while to decide.

mancan92

The rules don't need to change players simply need to use their brains.

I played rb for 2 seasons never did a foul throw its hilarious seeing professionals doing it

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think we only got penalised for it because Liverpool complained.

Nick7

It annoys me when they’re given. Because foul throws happen every single game without being called.

Spaghetti

Mom's
This. The ref probably notices a lot of foul throws but the players get on with it.

But when Shaw did his (and it was pretty obvious) and Liverpool’s entire coaching staff were screaming for it, he had to give it really. It was right in front of them, and they weren’t in the wrong for complaining.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Time to get a throw in coach just like Liverpool has? :lol: :lol: :lol:

On my over 35 team, if a player gets called for a foul throw he has to buy all the beer for the next game...

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Shaw had a couple of throws in the first half that were truly pathetic for the lack of movement he received. One of them he actually looked like he got bored and threw away for a goal kick his options were that bad
This just highlights our lack of movement rather than our inability to throw.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Nowt wrong with that.

Oddboy

I'm pleased this is brought up, as I've noticed in a lot of games recently that we are absolutely woeful at throw ins. To the point where it's a disadvantage when we get one - absolutely correct that it seems to be a lack of movement and players scared to show for the ball. Really bizarre.

Jack-C20

This. Every other throw in is technically a foul throw but the refs don’t pick up on it unless someone complains. The same with stealing yards with free kicks. The ref couldn’t care unless a player is kicking off about it.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Hector Bellerin had a period where he was throwing more foul throws than regular ones