What is/are the worst goal/s of all time?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
How do we measure the worst goal of all time, would it be the polar opposite of the greatest goals? The lack of skill involved, the proximity to the goal, the lack of significance...

Some rules:
  • No goals that counted but shouldn't have (phantom goals, goals that didn't cross the line pre-var etc)
  • No own goals
  • No goals that caused personal hurt (e.g. Aguero v QPR)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

First goal that sprung to mind. I’m sure there’s worse. Obviously I celebrated the goal as if it was a bicycle kick at the time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably not really one for this thread, but it popped up on tiktok today

How dodgy is this goal? The defenders literally just stop dead to allow the romantic Gerrard last game goal

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

How dodgy is this goal? The defenders literally just stop dead to allow the romantic Gerrard last game goal
So weird

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Difficult to distinguish between the worst goal of all time and the best. Like the Hernandez kick into his own face goal.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates

:eek: That is terrible. The only thing that would make it palatable is if the Stoke defender had a bet on Gerrard scoring.

kthanksbye

I'll die on this hill, Maguire's pen in the Euros was not "well struck", it's a bad technique to take a pen and he got lucky that it went it, regular penalty takers also don't smash the ball like that because there's very little control in that strike.

Withnail

I'll die on this hill, Maguire's pen in the Euros was not "well struck", it's a bad technique to take a pen and he got lucky that it went it, regular penalty takers also don't smash the ball like that because there's very little control in that strike.
Nobody cares about a goal scored in a feckin shoot out. Loads of them go in by hook or by crook.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

David Nugent's first (only) goal for England. Sprinting over to thieve a goal that's clearly going in, from exactly 0 yards out, against the mighty Andorra.

Excuse the potato - Nugent has apparently destroyed all other footage. Maybe not the absolute shittest ever but ticks a good few boxes. :lol:

EDIT: someone else appreciates top quality shite as much as I do.

Corridor of Uncertainty

David Nugent's first (only) goal for England. Sprinting over to thieve a goal that's clearly going in, from exactly 0 yards out, against the mighty Andorra.

Excuse the potato - Nugent has apparently destroyed all other footage. Maybe not the absolute shittest ever but ticks a good few boxes. :lol:

EDIT: someone else appreciates top quality shite as much as I do.
It's so good it was posted twice!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's so good it was posted twice!
Says a lot that it's the first thing that comes to mind for multiple people when you think of a shit goal, when it happened in an obscure game 15 years ago.

The sheer front on him to run off grinning from ear to ear pointing at himself to claim it while everyone else congratulates Defoe as well. :D

Corridor of Uncertainty

Says a lot that it's the first thing that comes to mind for multiple people when you think of a shit goal, when it happened in an obscure game 15 years ago.

The sheer front on him to run off grinning from ear to ear pointing at himself to claim it while everyone else congratulates Defoe as well. :D
:lol: :lol: that's what makes it so special for me

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool

:lol: This is the one and only time I've ever seen a team let someone have a goal out of pity. That 6-1 haunted me for ages.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Weren't they ahead like 5_0?

IRELANDUNITED

Christ, how have I never noticed this before :confused:

Reminds me of this

Oranges038

To be fair that goal made it 5-1 to Stoke. At that stage they just felt sorry for him, first of all his last game for them was in Stoke, then they took a right hammering to boot. Hell of a send off for him. Delightful.