What next for Gareth Bale?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Now Hazard looks like going to RM, Bale will surely be pushed out, is it worth signing him on a 2 year contract to strengthen your right wing, while waiting for Sancho who doesn't look like moving in this window. It would certainly be an upgrade for the RW position, give James a fellow welshman to learn from - I know there's a lot of worry concerning his fitness and wages etc, but if it's just for two years could be just what you need.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Why though? Is it because you were so badly burnt by Sanchez? Spurs fans are quite pro taking him back if they lose Erikson.

He's better than any other option you have for the RW and if you limit the contract to 2 years rather than the ridiculously long contract offered to Sanchez the risk is mitigated surely? Buy Sancho next summer and then slowly phase him out.

The Nani

Why though? Is it because you were so badly burnt by Sanchez? Spurs fans are quite pro taking him back if they lose Erikson.

He's better than any other option you have for the RW and if you limit the contract to 2 years rather than the ridiculously long contract offered to Sanchez the risk is mitigated surely? Buy Sancho next summer and then slowly phase him out.
A. He’s a crock
B. He doesn’t wanna leave Madrid thus won’t want to be at his next destination
C. He’s a total prat

We need to be thinking long term and yes Bale is just the sort of signing that got us into the mess we’re in.

SER19

Would absolutely take on loan. Perfect mentor for James and with bale needing to be used sparingly and James being eased in, they could complement each other really well

Aloysius's Back 3

Would absolutely take on loan. Perfect mentor for James and with bale needing to be used sparingly and James being eased in, they could complement each other really well
Yep a loan with a low transfer fee agreement if we want to take them up on it at the end of the season would be the best.

Bale theoretically covers for possibly Lukaku's place as a striker, Sanchez's place as an additional forward or a LW aswell as covering as a RW which we lack even in terms of depth in the squad. No doubt he may be a crock - but covering 3 positions at a time he isn't is good enough when we are trying to get back to CL football the following year whilst using it as a trial for Bale's permanent abilities here.

This seasons Falcao test in my opinion & we can come out victorious or relatively unharmed.

SER19

We'd be crazy to get him. The man can't stay fit.
108 games in the last 3 seasons is not dreadful. Again only if we considered him and James as alternating between the same role and were confident enough in James that bale could be used sparingly. I'd happily see the two of them occupy our right side all season, coming in onto their left with an aggressive full back with them.

lysglimt

Scout
Now Hazard looks like going to RM, Bale will surely be pushed out, is it worth signing him on a 2 year contract to strengthen your right wing, while waiting for Sancho who doesn't look like moving in this window. It would certainly be an upgrade for the RW position, give James a fellow welshman to learn from - I know there's a lot of worry concerning his fitness and wages etc, but if it's just for two years could be just what you need.
Yes if it's a 2 year deal max, the transfer fee isn't too bad - £20 mill max - and his wages aren't through the roof.

lysglimt

Scout
A. He’s a crock
C. He’s a total prat

We need to be thinking long term and yes Bale is just the sort of signing that got us into the mess we’re in.
He is not a crock - that is a myth. The guy played 42 matches this season. He has once in the last 10 seasons played less than 30 matches.

And we need to think long term - and we did With James. But we also need to think short-term - and Bale offers a lot of things we don't have at the moment.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
A. He’s a crock
C. He’s a total prat

Would you prefer to stick with the Lingard, Mata options if there's no other movement on RW?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
He is not a crock - that is a myth. The guy played 42 matches this season. He has once in the last 10 seasons played less than 30 matches.

And we need to think long term - and we did With James. But we also need to think short-term - and Bale offers a lot of things we don't have at the moment.
I think you'd mad not to take him on a loan/short contract if it was an option, he's a massive upgrade on anyone you can play on the right wing and a good stop gap while younger players develop

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think you'd mad not to take him on a loan/short contract if it was an option, he's a massive upgrade on anyone you can play on the right wing and a good stop gap while younger players develop
He also earns more than Sanchez and Sanchez contract has already fecked the club going with how insane the demands are in any contract negotiations.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
He also earns more than Sanchez and Sanchez contract has already fecked the club going with how insane the demands are in any contract negotiations.
He'll earn whatever he negotiates with the club, will he take a pay cut? I don't know, but he might not want to rot on the RM bench when he could be playing regularly for you. But if he plays well the wages wont be such an issue, they became a real issue with Sanchez because he's been appalling, so its an easy argument for DDG etc to make when they compare their worth to the club to Sanchez's.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He'll earn whatever he negotiates with the club, will he take a pay cut? I don't know, but he might not want to rot on the RM bench when he could be playing regularly for you. But if he plays well the wages wont be such an issue, they became a real issue with Sanchez because he's been appalling, so its an easy argument for DDG etc to make when they compare their worth to the club to Sanchez's.
His agent mentioned some club should pay up or he will stay at Madrid. Going by that, there is no reason for him to take pay cut.

Below interview shows all the warning signs, just stay away from the player.

On Wednesday, Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett told Sky Sports News: "He wants to stay.

"I am not sure that Mr Zidane wants him to stay but at the moment Gareth wants to stay.

"He has got a contract, he will quite happily see it out until 2022. He has been and is, in my opinion, one of the top three or four players in the world.

"This game is a game of opinions and Mr Zidane doesn't think that.

"That is his opinion, he is entitled to it, I won't criticise him."

Asked if Bale might return to the Premier League at some point, a smiling Barnett said: "It certainly is possible, if somebody puts their hand in their pocket and pays us what we think he deserves.

"It is going to be a lot of money!"

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
I think Spurs can genuinely challenge for the title next season if they get him. If I were Levy, I would try to get him back in a loan deal.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

He is injury prone, he is not very good and he's on crazy salaries. If you are willing on accepting a 1 year loan were you pay half his salary then maybe. Rather then that we should look towards the future not the past

Jacob

He strikes me as very greedy. Seeing out his inflated contract even though he'd be benched all the time.

The quotes from his agent also indicate he's in it for the money exclusively.

EireRed_GS

Im at the stage now where i dont trust United/woodward anymore to bring in the players we need. So i would take Bale no bother. (on loan preferably, and if sanchez can be off loaded) He's a bigger faster stronger player than Sanchez and will fit in better, and theres absolutely no way we could get that unlucky in two big signings being pure rubbish :nervous:. Plus he could play in that RM/RWF position.

He wouldnt be my first choice, but I dont understand there being so much hate for bale in our fan base at the min. Its not like he played for the scousers or called SAF a cnut or anything. Apart from the 'not mixing with alot real team', and the 'lack of language efforts' while out there, he seems to be quiet enough, and considering how hes been treated at Real at times, has kept his mouth shut (until recently) and carried himself quite professionally while there. Hasnt thrown a strop or had his agent stirring up shit like alot of high maintenance players would.

a few things would need to take place for Bale to come to United -

- cheerio Sanchez.your chances are up, get out and stop destroying our wage bill
- a loan deal where Real finance a good percentage of his pay
- if not a loan, then he needs to catch himself on and lower is demands.. you aint worth silly wages anymore mate
- A big focus on his fitness. i think Bale's injuries have been exaggerated at times, but if Ole want this team to get into serious shape for next season for alot of pressing and sprints. Bale needs monitoring big time
- Preferably anyone but Woodward to negotiate the deal. Woodward would prob hand him sickening wages

Lynty

Loan only. Or short contract with a huge bonus for making top 3.

He's one of few players in the world who could single handedly carry us into the top 3 when he's at his best, and that would be priceless whilst Ole sorts out the mess he's been left with

Aloysius's Back 3

I didn't want Sanchez because we didn't need a player in that position under Jose's tactics.

However, we do need a RW & possibly a CF/St too which opens up the value of Bale.

But even more than that - the thing I hate about Sanchez being used as a reason for not buying Bale is because age degeneration or not, injuries or not - Sanchez was never good as Bale, ever.

Arguably Sanchez was only world class for 2-2.5 seasons at max for me. Bale was and is different. This is a guy who may be injured (which some argue) or getting older; but was a guy sometimes floating around the same levels or just below the likes of C Ronaldo, Messi, Robben, Neymar, Suarez, Kroos, Modric. Sanchez was never that for me.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Madrid fans loving this :lol:

fps

I think Spurs can genuinely challenge for the title next season if they get him. If I were Levy, I would try to get him back in a loan deal.
There are many reasons Spurs are where they are. You not being Daniel Levy is a big part of it. That deal would be against literally everything Levy has put in place in terms of transfer policy.

K13

Given how quickly Real lose faith with their managers why not stick it out for a season.

He wants to stay and just because Zidane does not rate him does not mean he is finished. He clearly lacks confidence but that is something that can be fixed.

If things do not improve quickly then Zidane could well be under pressure and Bale's return to form is possible with a manager who believes in him and plays to his strengths.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I didn't want Sanchez because we didn't need a player in that position under Jose's tactics.

However, we do need a RW & possibly a CF/St too which opens up the value of Bale.

But even more than that - the thing I hate about Sanchez being used as a reason for not buying Bale is because age degeneration or not, injuries or not - Sanchez was never good as Bale, ever.

Arguably Sanchez was only world class for 2-2.5 seasons at max for me. Bale was and is different. This is a guy who may be injured (which some argue) or getting older; but was a guy sometimes floating around the same levels or just below the likes of C Ronaldo, Messi, Robben, Neymar, Suarez, Kroos, Modric. Sanchez was never that for me.
I'm pretty sure Bale would ask not to play as a RW at United which makes him pointless to us

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'd still take him on a dirt cheap loan. Ideally something performance based.

Surely the downside for Real of doing all their business so early, is everyone knows they need to sell. They should end up selling even worse than we do.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Madrid fans loving this :lol:
Bale is so done with football.

His mentality is rotten. Happy to see out his contract on the Madrid bench for years, aged 28 whilst one of the best players in the world.

People really want to bring him here? Yikes.

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Bale is so done with football.

His mentality is rotten. Happy to see out his contract on the Madrid bench for years, aged 28 whilst one of the best players in the world.

People really want to bring him here? Yikes.
It's a negotiation tactic to avoid having to take a pay cut. He will be playing for another side in August and Real Madrid will still be playing 50% of his wages.

fps

It's a negotiation tactic to avoid having to take a pay cut. He will be playing for another side in August and Real Madrid will still be playing 50% of his wages.
I really don't think it is! I reckon he's fallen out of love with the game, achieved everything he wanted to achieve, and who among us would willingly then abandon a contract worth the amount his is?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
One hell of an act he's putting on if true. He was told to find a new club last summer and he's been happy to sit on the bench playing golf all season.

When you look at it, The only way is down from his pov. What else is there for him to achieve? Madrid was his dream. He's won everything he could have dreamed for there.

I believe him when his agent says he is happy to see out his contract until 2022.