g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

What next for Mourinho?

SiRed

Jose, for me, has to go back to Italy. As its the only place his style suits.
He is and always has been a complete fraud of a manager in my opinion.
His reputation is based on a fluke champions league win, which would never have happened had Scholes' goal not have been ruled out for offside despite being quite clearly onside.
On the back of lifting old big ears, he got the the Chelsea job and was backed by spending sums of cash this country hadnt seen before. Combined with the fact we had a few years of transition and Arsenal decided they would rather look good and lose than look bad and win he won a couple of easy titles without any competition really.

Inter Milan he did well, although Serie A was not much of a competition that year. Juve were recovering from the Serie B stint. AC Milan was an a team of OAPs and there only competition came from Roma. The champions league win was typical bus parking, Anti football which unfortunately Barca struggled to combat to miss out in the Semis.

We all no about Real Madrid, and even his latest league win with Chelsea was not met by great competition. We werent playing well, City were aging/transitioning and Arsenal were Arsenal.

Scholes' goal stands, and none of the above happen for him.

Womp

idiot
He should retire, or at least take an extended break from the sport. He's had an incredibly successful career and will go down as one of the most decorated managers ever, but simply put, the guy just looks like he's tired. His cheeky charm has been replaced with just negative irritability.

The game has most likely passed him by and more importantly, he doesn't seem like he has the energy or desire anymore to make the changes necessary.

Skills

Snitch
His reputation is based on a fluke champions league win, which would never have happened had Scholes' goal not have been ruled out for offside despite being quite clearly onside.
On the back of lifting old big ears, he got the the Chelsea job and was backed by spending sums of cash this country hadnt seen before. Combined with the fact we had a few years of transition and Arsenal decided they would rather look good and lose than look bad and win he won a couple of easy titles without any competition really.

Inter Milan he did well, although Serie A was not much of a competition that year. Juve were recovering from the Serie B stint. AC Milan was an a team of OAPs and there only competition came from Roma. The champions league win was typical bus parking, Anti football which unfortunately Barca struggled to combat to miss out in the Semis.

We all no about Real Madrid, and even his latest league win with Chelsea was not met by great competition. We werent playing well, City were aging/transitioning and Arsenal were Arsenal.

I think he hates his time in Italy. He had a very sour relationship with the media, and the club's in Serie A don't hand the managers a lot of power.

Inter might do the latter as he's a legend and they're pretty awful.

RedCurry

Mourinho had a lot of good things to say about Everton and their amazing transfer window. He claimed that Everton have the same ambitions as MUFC. I wonder if he's going to be rocking up at Goodison Park with that "incredible investment" squad.

AshRK

So according to your logic had iniesta goal not happened , barca wont have won the CL and pep would not have carried so much weight going forward. Funny football doesn't work like that. I understand jose is not the most popular coach but he is one of the best, just because it did not work with United doesnt mean his achievements become fluke.

LoveFootball

Exactly what I think about him. He's a fraud who got exposed at United, the 1st time he didn't have financial advantage over the other teams.

He has the habit of running away when another team close the gape and match his team with talents, he then deliberatly sabotages the season to get the sack by falling out with everyone. At United it was the 1st time his tactic didn't work when he tried it. He started to sabotage this team the moment he got the new contract: the Martial-Sanchez fiasco, the line up and tactic against Sevilla, the preseason antics, the bizarre tactics and line up this season, his press conferences and interviews, the Pogba scenario,....everything point to the man doing his best to get the sack (pratically a carbone copy of what happened at Madrid and Chelsea) but Woodward kept him around, the man knew he couldn't get the best of Guardiola and he then did his best to run away in a honorable way.

JohnnyKills

He should go to a second-tier club like Valencia. Either that or Russia NT.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Amazing how liberally the word fraud is thrown around on here. You're talking about a guy who's won league titles in every country and won the Champions League twice. Yes, there's plenty of evidence to suggest that he's a waning force but to describe him as a fraud just obliterates the meaning of the word.

I'm guessing its the same posters who were calling Pep Fraudiola after his first season at city.

Not saying this as a Jose lover - I'm delighted he's gone. Just bored with the hyperbole.

Stactix

Most likely an Italian Club or back to Madrid.
I do think whoever he goes to he'll improve them results rise for the short term.
I don't think he'll ever be at a club long term, think at Chelsea he got bored after winning the title and sabotaged the season for the payout.
At Utd he threw a tantrum and sabotaged the season because he didn't get what he wanted so he went again after the payout.

He's still a great manager for the extreme shortterm, I just don't like him or his style
Think he's not kept up with the times and while he can certainly get results, beat all teams in the league last season and some excellent comebacks the football was dire and especially in this calendar year Utd looked like the underdogs in the vast majority of games.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's interesting that people have mentioned Sacchi in this thread. Sacchi won less than Mourinho, lasted less at the top than Mourinho, and yet his legacy will forever cast a huge shadow on the sport, the kind of shadow Mourinho wishes he would cast, but knows he never will. I think that's the biggest reason that lead Mou to turn into this caricature of himself he has become. Sacchi was a revolutionary, one of the single most important figures in football history. He's effectively the most prominent figure among the group that "fathered" modern football as we know it.

Mourinho will be remembered for what he won. Sacchi is remembered for how he won.

Anyways, it's going to be either Inter, a national team, a big club in portugal, or a smaller club

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It is also understood that the winger’s camp have discussed the possibility of Jose Mourinho taking over at Madrid at the end of the season, and what effect that may have on the youngster’s first-team prospects
However, the current feeling is that the former Manchester United boss will not be returning to the Spanish capital in the near future
Doesn't look like he's going to Madrid. And what a bad reputation to have.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

If robbin didnt score sir af would get the boot.

Did i do it right?

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Inter Milan would be a good option with them almost done with FFP and having the chinese inject a shitload of money to the club. Italy suits him and his tactics and plus he always wanted Perisic so he can go stick it up his ass there

SirAF

Ageist

What a load of bollocks.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I genuinely don't care where he goes as long is it's nowhere i have to see his sour face and listen to his whining self pitying egotistical ramblings ever again.

Kapardin

If Pep didn't inherit Messi, he wouldn't have fluked his way to a dominant system at Barca that yielded titles.

If Bayern hadn't appointed LvG, Klopp wouldn't have taken advantage and won the Bundesliga with Dortmund over them.

If John Terry hadn't slipped, no CL for United.

See how this works? You don't like Mourinho, fair enough, but your post makes little sense.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

What a joke trying to write off one of the most succesful managers in history!
You could point to a seminal moment as leading to anyone's legacy including fergie with the robins' goal.

Writing off leagues or competitions as weak in a season he won is bitter too. His team still won and that's the name of the game.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Inter Milan would be a good option with them almost done with FFP and having the chinese inject a shitload of money to the club. Italy suits him and his tactics and plus he always wanted Perisic so he can go stick it up his ass there
Looks like they are also signing Godin.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mourinho had a lot of good things to say about Everton and their amazing transfer window. He claimed that Everton have the same ambitions as MUFC. I wonder if he's going to be rocking up at Goodison Park with that "incredible investment" squad.
I'd like to see him go somewhere like that tbh. Could he turn that sort of club with a weak mentality into regular top 4 team as Poch has done with Spurs.

Read just now he's turned down the Benfica job so that suggests his ego will wait for an elite job in one of the major leagues to come up again.

VP

No football fan deserves to have this prick poison their team.

Cloud7

I genuinely don't care where he goes as long is it's nowhere i have to see his sour face and listen to his whining self pitying egotistical ramblings ever again.
It’s entertaining to laugh at from the outside. His insane ramblings about there being an FA conspiracy against Chelsea, his meltdowns around the physio etc, it’s good stuff to laugh at, especially now that we know there’s no risk of him ever bringing that to our club again.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Too good for benfica these days :lol:

Not sure you are with that performance Jose

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I see him having one final gig in big-club management. No idea who, but one final gig. After that, he'll do Portugal for 2yrs and then become a mercenary international manager - Russia, Saudi Arabia, China, Qatar. Highest bidder stuff.
You should be his agent.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Amazing how liberally the word fraud is thrown around on here. You're talking about a guy who's won league titles in every country and won the Champions League twice. Yes, there's plenty of evidence to suggest that he's a waning force but to describe him as a fraud just obliterates the meaning of the word.

I'm guessing its the same posters who were calling Pep Fraudiola after his first season at city.

Not saying this as a Jose lover - I'm delighted he's gone. Just bored with the hyperbole.
Me too.
Some of the posts are totally dismissive of on of the most successful football managers there had been and the people who write such stuff should know better.

Of course we are disappointed that his time at United was not more successful.
But let's at least be able to acknowledge what he has achieved with every other club.

dove

Too good for benfica these days :lol:

Not sure you are with that performance Jose
He is definitely too good for Benfica. He will have lots of offers from much bigger clubs I am sure.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Once again, he'll be plotting to 'prove his critics wrong'; this is what, increasingly, fuels him. Imagine living your life reacting to the approval or disapproval of others...especially those you have little respect for anyway. Virtually everything in Mourinho's career comes from a negative place.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Once again, he'll be plotting to 'prove his critics wrong'; this is what, increasingly, fuels him. Imagine living your life reacting to the approval or disapproval of others...especially those you have little respect for anyway. Virtually everything in Mourinho's career comes from a negative place.
He should take some time off, get some inspiration, and try and reinvent himself a little.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He should take some time off, get some inspiration, and try and reinvent himself a little.
He won't though - that would effectively mean he'd have to share the credit for any future successes.

Mick321

Hopefully never over here again! I wouldn’t even wish him on any of our rivals, seeing his whiny PC’s on SSN would bring back all the bad memories.

Probably got one more big club flop in him somewhere then the journeyman circuit.