What next for Thomas Tuchel?

ShinjiNinja26

Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd, Bayern

Which big club will be interested in his service this summer?
You can rule Liverpool out as well, looks like Slot will be heading there. Also I doubt Chelsea will go back in for him, wasn’t his poor relationship with Boehly one of the main reasons things went tits up there or am I remembering that wrong?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
You can rule Liverpool out as well, looks like Slot will be heading there. Also I doubt Chelsea will go back in for him, wasn’t his poor relationship with Boehly one of the main reasons things went tits up there or I’m I remembering that wrong?
So Utd it is! I mean the only big job left in the market, and a very difficult one as well.

ShinjiNinja26

So Utd it is! I mean the only big job left in the market, and a very difficult one as well.
I certainly wouldn’t be against Tuchel, I know he can be a very difficult character to work with at board level but I think he’s a very good coach. If INEOS do decide to go down that route then I’m sure they’ll be well aware of that given his track record at his previous clubs and will have a plan to accommodate him as much as possible.

I think things turned sour at Chelsea mainly because Boehly wanted Tuchel to take on a lot more responsibility and be much more of a club manager than purely a first team coach which he prefers. All the noises from INEOS would suggest we’re planning on going the opposite way and removing a lot of the power and responsibility our managers have had in the past and are now looking to hire a football coach and bring in others around him to deal with all the stuff. Berrada, Wilcox, Ashworth etc.

I also wouldn’t rule out him remaining at Bayern either, their main targets for the job have committed themselves elsewhere so I could see them doing a U turn and trying to convince Tuchel to stay.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Tuchel makes more sense than anyone else that's obviously available. As for those who also might be that we don't know about? Hard to speculate. We're filling up on staff to run the clubs by buying them off other clubs. Don't see why we can't also do that with a manager.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I certainly wouldn’t be against Tuchel, I know he can be a very difficult character to work with at board level but I think he’s a very good coach. If INEOS do decide to go down that route then I’m sure they’ll be well aware of that given his track record at his previous clubs and will have a plan to accommodate him as much as possible.

I think things turned sour at Chelsea mainly because Boehly wanted Tuchel to take on a lot more responsibility and be much more of a club manager than purely a first team coach which he prefers. All the noises from INEOS would suggest we’re planning on going the opposite way and removing a lot of the power and responsibility our managers have had in the past and are now looking to hire a football coach and bring in others around him to deal with all the stuff. Berrada, Wilcox, Ashworth etc.

I also wouldn’t rule out him remaining at Bayern either, their main targets for the job have committed themselves elsewhere so I could see them doing a U turn and trying to convince Tuchel to stay.
I’m confused. Isn’t the problem that he’s overall a very difficult character and that sooner rather than later he’s generally disliked by players and everyone else around him.

Lee565

He has been little harshly criticised for this season with Bayern when he has to come up against a bayer leverkuse side that are still unbeaten in all comps

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
He has been little harshly criticised for this season with Bayern when he has to come up against a bayer leverkuse side that are still unbeaten in all comps
He’s getting stick for Bayern not being very good, not because Bayer Leverkusen have been very good.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Bayern has 66 points after 30 games this season. That is 2.2 points per game so far. If Bayern win the remaining 4 games, that would be 2.29. Last 3 seasons are 2.088, 2.26, 2.29 points per game. Whether he is good or not for Bayern is for Bayern fans to comment.

tomaldinho1

Lot of noise about being let down by recruitment though - have seen our resident Bayern fans say this a few times about wanting certain positions and players and ending up with completely different profiles. They don't play amazing football from what I have seen but he's proven tactically very good in a relatively short career so have a good shout in the CL, even if they win it through being a bit boring.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern has 66 points after 30 games this season. That is 2.2 points per game so far. If Bayern win the remaining 4 games, that would be 2.29. Last 3 seasons are 2.088, 2.26, 2.29 points per game. Whether he is good or not for Bayern is for Bayern fans to comment.
He has played in 7 competitions for Bayern won 1(The last league title that Dortmund fumbled). Still in the CL though

ShinjiNinja26

I’m confused. Isn’t the problem that he’s overall a very difficult character and that sooner rather than later he’s generally disliked by players and everyone else around him.
I thought it was his fall outs with owners and directors that ultimately cost him his previous jobs. I’m no expert on him and can imagine he can be quite a different character at times in general and that might start to become an issue with certain players I suppose. He’s also shown himself to be a top coach as well, I think in the right environment he could be successful even if it’s not long term. INEOS look to be putting together a serious back room team which might be able to form a very good relationship with Tuchel and in turn help potentially achieve great success. It could also all go tits up who knows! :lol: I do think he’s one of best options out there right now though and wouldn’t be complaining if the club did replace ETH with him.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
INEOS look to be putting together a serious back room team which might be able to form a very good relationship with Tuchel and in turn help potentially achieve great success. It could also all go tits up who knows! :lol:
Why not both? :lol:

L1nk

He's definitely one of the better options we could go with, if not the best if we want someone established. I guess it's up to the likes of Ashworth and Berrada if they feel like they can work with him, then I won't question that. I believe at Chelsea it was apparently that they wanted to give him more responsibility than he was willing to take on, he seemingly just wants to be a coach which is seemingly the exact profile INEOS are looking for in the new structure. There are some exciting new coaches around Europe but do they take a chance on those is the question. If they even make a change in the first place

Wilt

Think he’ll stay at Bayern. Pity, he’d be a good fit at Utd.

Newstyle

Tuchel would be very uninspiring. Getting fired from the last 4 clubs he managed says it all? Don’t really care of what reasons or what people he’s fallen off with.

I hope we go for someone more unknown than has been mentioned before. Ideally the next Alonso.

the_cliff

Think he’ll stay at Bayern. Pity, he’d be a good fit at Utd.
He's come out recently saying that he's definitely leaving this summer.

I agree with your point though, it's an almost perfect match. People will complain and say he falls out with players, bloody Ole fell out with our players I'm pretty sure we'd struggle to find any manager who won't fall out with our set of players.

didz

I agree with your point though, it's an almost perfect match. People will complain and say he falls out with players, bloody Ole fell out with our players I'm pretty sure we'd struggle to find any manager who won't fall out with our set of players.
There's currently a petition with the signatures of over 10,000 Bayern Munich fans urging Bayern to keep Tuchel. If that picks up pace, I have no idea if that affects the parties involved, but it might do, who knows?

I think Nagelsman extending with Germany and Xabi Alonso electing to stay at Leverkusen might have thrown a bit of a spanner in the works for the Bayern board. When Rangnick is a candidate, there is a serious problem.

Wilt

Yep, any manager would struggle with the current set of players ….what a mess!

Would take Tuchel in a heartbeat.

L1nk

There's currently a petition with the signatures of over 10,000 Bayern Munich fans urging Bayern to keep Tuchel. If that picks up pace, I have no idea if that affects the parties involved, but it might do, who knows?

I think Nagelsman extending with Germany and Xabi Alonso electing to stay at Leverkusen might have thrown a bit of a spanner in the works for the Bayern board. When Rangnick is a candidate, there is a serious problem.
I think its a bit late for that now it looks to me like the bridge has been burnt and not because of him. Honestly it was a stupid appointment in the first place, not because he’s bad but because there was no need to sack Nagelsmann as it is

croadyman

Good to see some positivity in this thread about appointing Tuchel,yes I agree he can be a difficult character but he's proven to be a very good coach. Sod's law he will now end up staying as Bayern after all this.

Like @ShinjiNinja26 says he could succeed in the right environment,also feel it would suit him working for a club where the manager just has to worry about coaching and not recruitment.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I thought it was his fall outs with owners and directors that ultimately cost him his previous jobs. I’m no expert on him and can imagine he can be quite a different character at times in general and that might start to become an issue with certain players I suppose. He’s also shown himself to be a top coach as well, I think in the right environment he could be successful even if it’s not long term. INEOS look to be putting together a serious back room team which might be able to form a very good relationship with Tuchel and in turn help potentially achieve great success. It could also all go tits up who knows! :lol: I do think he’s one of best options out there right now though and wouldn’t be complaining if the club did replace ETH with him.
There's quite a few reports on fallouts with players at every recent club he's been at.

I honestly fail to see how it's a good idea , and there's a very good reason Liverpool isn't interested in him

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Tuchel doesn’t come across very well there. But I’d like to hear his side
Uli Hoeneß talking down people Bayern let go? Usual stuff.

Probably the peak was their press conference "to defend human dignity" which ended with Hoeneß claiming "Juan Bernat played total bullshit here".

Heinzesight

I think he could be decent for us…but the cap wearing, Tony Pulis tribute act would need to be binned off sharpish.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Can we please stop listening to Uli Hoeneß?

croadyman

I think he could be decent for us…but the cap wearing, Tony Pulis tribute act would need to be binned off sharpish.
Yeah I think so too,also hopefully this new structure will appoint a manager who fits want they want to do. We have had so many different strategies applied by the manager in the last decade

Mr Smith

Tuchel would be very uninspiring. Getting fired from the last 4 clubs he managed says it all? Don’t really care of what reasons or what people he’s fallen off with.

I hope we go for someone more unknown than has been mentioned before. Ideally the next Alonso.
Most managers get fired eventually. I would be looking at each of those in more detail:

Dortmund: probably the most damning one on his CV, but even then it was not results-based, and related specifically to the fact he fell out with everyone very badly.

PSG: Partially justified from the club given that he was trailing 2nd in the league and you're expected to win every year given the financial disparity. However PSG are a basket case and no more so than when he was in charge. He had also taken them to the CL final only 6 months prior and had won the league the two previous years, which does suggest the club was a bit trigger happy.

Chelsea: I think based on what had come since we can justifiably say this one was not on Tuchel. Bohley clearly wanted to make a mark and sacked Tuchel literally the first opportunity he could. Chelsea have had 3 managers since and have never been poorer this century.

Bayern: Worth pointing out that he hasn't actually been sacked yet (and might still stay). Bayern's decline under him has also been exaggerated; they had dipped before he joined, have recruited poorly (which is something Bayern managers have very little control over), and are still performing at the same points per game as they have the last 3 seasons. They're also competing against a record-breaking team who could yet end the season undefeated with a treble.

When you look at the facts it's a lot more complicated than "sacked in his last 4 jobs".

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Most managers get fired eventually. I
Bayern: Worth pointing out that he hasn't actually been sacked yet (and might still stay). Bayern's decline under him has also been exaggerated; they had dipped b
Has the Bayern decline been exaggerated?
He contested in 7 competitions won 1 still in 1.

The 1 he won was more due to Dortmund collapsing

Bayern winning 1 in 7 competitions is definitely poor which includes
3-0 loss to Leipzig in the super cup
Loss to 3rd division Saarbrucken
Loss to Freiburg

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Has the Bayern decline been exaggerated?
He contested in 7 competitions won 1 still in 1.

The 1 he won was more due to Dortmund collapsing

Bayern winning 1 in 7 competitions is definitely poor which includes
3-0 loss to Leipzig in the super cup
Loss to 3rd division Saarbrucken
Loss to Freiburg
Embarassing cup exits became a bit of the norm before Tuchel joined, which was the point - Bayern declined before him already.