What players would Giggs target?

Bwuk

God knows.

I assume he'd go back to 4-4-2, so probably a winger and another forward.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Apparently he pushed heavily for us to sign Martial.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Vardy/Kane, Mane/Mahrez, Bale and Stones

Ibi Dreams

He wouldn't sign anyone, we'd play a team full of youngsters and the club would become great once again. Just like the old days.

LexiRed

Im certain he'd want to go for a great B2B midfielder. Who knows? He might try to talk Pogba into coming back. Would certainly need to find a CF to replace Rooney/alternate with Martial. Griezmann could play ST or on the wing.
Also would want someone who can be versatile and play at 10/ST or on wing (hopefully Çalhanoğlu).

Versatility would be key for Giggs.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Im certain he'd want to go for a great B2B midfielder. Who knows? He might try to talk Pogba into coming back. Would certainly need to find a CF to replace Rooney/alternate with Martial. Griezmann could play ST or on the wing.
Also would want someone who can be versatile and play at 10/ST or on wing (hopefully Çalhanoğlu).

Versatility would be key for Giggs.
I much doubt that Giggs first big signing will be Pogba. He wouldn't want to end up managing his first 3 games facing the wall wouldn't he?

On a serious note I think he will stir away from anything controversial and sign players who are EPL proven. At least for his first year.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Sir Bobby Charlton.. as a thank you for getting him the job.

Donut

He'd pay 30 million for Albrighton to whip those crosses in.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
You mean that actually happened? Thought it was photo shopped!
It's real.

David Beckham also came off the bench in the 1997 Charity Shield against Chelsea at Wembley wearing the number seven for the first time in a competitive match for United after Eric Cantona's retirement, only his name was spelt 'Beckam'.

Von Mistelroum

I think he'd try to sign the likes of Bale, Stones, Alli, Felipe Anderson....
I don't think he'd get any of those though, possibly Anderson I guess, and would have to lower his ideas a bit.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't want Giggs to manage us anymore than the next man, but it would be hilarious if he implemented a progressive, continental style of football just to feck with everyone.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nobody knows as he has never managed before. One of the downsides to appointing a rookie manager.

RustyS

We don't know. We have more insight on who he wouldn't target. It is well documented that he didn't want Thiago at United. Your guess is as good as mine as to why.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Well he's been noted as saying "Without pace and power United are nothing" under Moyes reign, so you'd imagine some types of speedy forward/wingers would be in the running.

Devil may care

Nobody knows as he has never managed before. One of the downsides to appointing a rookie manager.
It's definitely difficult to guess as we've never seen a Giggs team before, I think we'd see a lot more of Januzaj and Wilson though, and I reckon he'd add a more powerful CB to partner Smalling. If he went for a striker I think he'd stick within the PL and go for Kane or Lukaku.

C'est Moi Cantona

I don't want Giggs as our next manager but it wouldn't be all bad, he'd likely be all over Bale, and would be a draw for good English talent like Stones/Ali, he would also likely bring one of Scholes/Beckham/Neville back into the club, and would bring back the old style of play, ok maybe not as successfully as Fergie but we might actually be watchable in most games.

Like I say I'm dead against it, but it would still be infinity better than what we have now.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
... Giggs ... would be a draw for good English talent like ... Ali ...
It's silly think that Alli dreams of playing for Giggs in the EL, when at Spurs he's got Pochettino and most likely CL football next season. It's no contest.