g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

What was your favourite United shirt sponsor?

Vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Revaulx

Sharp and Vodafone for me.

What does Sharp do these days anyway? Haven't seen anything by them in stores for ages.
Pretty much pulled out of Europe years ago. Now owned by the Taiwanese Foxconn.

Most of the big Japanese electronics firms that took the world by storm in the 1970s/80s are shadows of their former selves.

Tiber

I miss Nike....

But none of the actual shirt sponsors have ever bothered me. We have never had a shite one like Chang beer

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Sharp all the way. Also we had Lee Sharpe at the same time as well. The only player with his name on the front and back. (Well almost)

MaCo

Supports
AFC Ajax, FC Barcelona
Reading the reactions, I think if you change the question in who is the worst looking it would be a clear Chevrolet?

But Sharp is the best looking for me.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Definitely Sharp for United. For other teams - Yokohama on the Chelsea shirt is badass.

Canagel

Isn't this just which kits were the best?
Growing up for me it was AIG kits. Still got the black away kit from 07/08- my favorite by far.

Red Devil Rising

I quite liked the simplicity of the AIG logo. Would have been even nicer if it didn't have the box surrounding it. But that sponsor just brings back memories of a team consisting of Ferdinand, Evra, Vidic, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez etc.

For me, the 2008 kit is the nicest United kit we've had

El Jefe

I remember hating the change from Sharp to Vodafone. It took a while to get over the Umbro to Nike switch but I did eventually but I just couldn't warm to the vodafone logo.

Sharp and AIG clear winners for me. The pre-match photos of the first 11 for the 99 and 08 CL finals makes sure of this.

playtowin

I'd have to say my favourite of them has to be Vodafone, as it is such a great fit for any of the kits. Also the type of sponsor that won't have to get removed for kids kits or in some countries we see the team play in. Helps that there were some cracking Nike kits with the Vodafone sponsor.

I really like the Chevrolet sponsor and logo though. Especially the home and away kits the first year of the new adidas deal. 2 of my absolute favourite kits. However, the plasticky feel of the sponsor logo on this seasons kits is a huge negative for me.

stevoc

Has to be Chevrolet so classy and looks so great on all the kits. Has real depth and texture instead of the other bland white sponsors we’ve had.

Hehe

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
AIG simply because that shirt reminds me of when we were the best team in the world.

(Ok, perhaps one of the best teams in the world.)

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Sharp, but really it doesn't matter.

What we should focus on is getting collars back on the shirts. Ones that can stand up.
No ruddock around top pull them down either anymore.

Minimalist

Sharp.

Pretty obvious.

Vodafone was alright - rest are so forgettable. Even Chevy.

Nick7

Pretty much pulled out of Europe years ago. Now owned by the Taiwanese Foxconn.

Most of the big Japanese electronics firms that took the world by storm in the 1970s/80s are shadows of their former selves.
Yeah. They license out their name though. So Sharp* products are still sold in Europe but they're generally crap budget devices made by Skytec based in Slovakia. Same deal as JVC, if you buy a JVC TV you're actually getting a Turkish TV sold under the JVC license. Same deal with their white goods. Vestel make them too.

BlueHaze

Sharp for me. Brings back memories of what probably was the best time of my life.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Sharp. Chevrolet is the worst. It's just such a big lump of solid colour.

Ibrahimorich

Sharp by a country mile. Reminds me of when football was football and men were men...etc

Also we wore Sharp for all of my formative years. So probably that.

Chevy is the worst by a mile. If that badge was white and smaller, wouldn't be half as bad

Stepney73

Sharp electronics

The white away one was top.

I hate this current Chevrolet one because it just looks shit

RedDevilRoshi

The AIG one that we had when we won the CL against Chelsea in Moscow was a beauty.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Sharp
AIG
AON
Vodafone
Chevy

Sharp is #1. Nice typeface, was narrow and the least intrusive.

AON is a slicker and nicer design than AIG, but AIG reminds me of one of the best club's ever periods. Both were plain enough to not really stand out in a bad way.

I don't care for Vodafone or Chevy. Prefer text-only sponsors. Text plus some sort of graphic usually look the worst.

Sharp. First kits I owned and the majority of my fondest memories. Looked class.
Sharp definately. When they did the viewcam sponsor on the black kit - I went and bought one! Sponsorship works, I'm not ever buying a Chevy thats for sure.

To be honest, this all probably depends on age - it was the first kit I ever got (and assume out first ever sponsor?), so it could have been anything and I would rate it as our best sponsor.