Television What We Do In The Shadows

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A great mockumentary film that somehow managed to be both popular and fly under the radar a little.
Wanted a tv series since I first saw it years ago.

Starts in the UK on BBC 2 next week (Sunday 19th May).

Only issue is it's American this time, but they got Jermaine Clement and Taika Waititi involved from the original (and Flight of the Concords). Still looks a tad Americanised but will wait and see. I'm not sure Americans lend themselves to this kind of comedy...it just sounds a bit cheesy.
Still, looking forward to it.

stepic

the movie was great. shame Clement isn't starring in the show, but Berry hopefully can do a decent job.

Siorac

It's a shame that Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement aren't starring in this, they were both fantastic in the film.

I know they are executive producers/writers for the series but that's not the same.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
A great mockumentary film that somehow managed to be both popular and fly under the radar a little.
Wanted a tv series since I first saw it years ago.

Starts in the UK on BBC 2 next week (Sunday 19th May).

Only issue is it's American this time, but they got Jermaine Clement and Taika Waititi involved from the original (and Flight of the Concords). Still looks a tad Americanised but will wait and see. I'm not sure Americans lend themselves to this kind of comedy...it just sounds a bit cheesy.
Still, looking forward to it.

Mainly English actors though, right? Delighted to see this is coming out on the beeb. Can’t wait. The film is fecking hilarious.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Absolutely loved the film so I'll definitely watch this.

Pretty sure a few episodes have already aired on the states if people want to report them to the relevant authorities.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think 6 episodes are already out. Looks great, I was a bit afraid that it won't live up to the movie.

acnumber9

It's a shame that Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement aren't starring in this, they were both fantastic in the film.

I know they are executive producers/writers for the series but that's not the same.
Probably just a title as well because they created the original. Still the format and idea are good so if the writers have an ounce of wit it should still be worth watching.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Mainly English actors though, right? Delighted to see this is coming out on the beeb. Can’t wait. The film is fecking hilarious.
Yeah looks a good cast to be fair. As Duffer said, Berry is great. Seems perfect for it.

I think 6 episodes are already out. Looks great, I was a bit afraid that it won't live up to the movie.
I think they're already out in the US? Seen that a second series has got the go ahead so it must be alright.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Kayvan Nowak is absolutely hilarious. One of the funniest men on TV, will definitely be watching this.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Watched the first 2 last night. The energy vampire is inspired.

Like the film though, it's a bit one note and I'm not sure how they can drag it out for multiple series let alone this one.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Enjoyed the first and watching the second now. It's enjoyable and definitely not too Americanised like I was worried about.

Watched the first 2 last night. The energy vampire is inspired.

Like the film though, it's a bit one note and I'm not sure how they can drag it out for multiple series let alone this one.
It does seem to be touching the same kinda jokes so far, other than the excellent energy vampire addition. Hopefully we get some more newness, but even if not I think I'll enjoy it all.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Loved the film, going to need to get into this.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Tonight's were good. I've enjoyed all of them but they weren't treading on much new ground like the movie. The two episodes were more interesting I thought.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Tonight's were good. I've enjoyed all of them but they weren't treading on much new ground like the movie. The two episodes were more interesting I thought.
Makes sense though since it's basically an introduction to the American audience. The 1st season of the US Office was also pretty much a carbon clone but then became more of its own thing with time.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Makes sense though since it's basically an introduction to the American audience. The 1st season of the US Office was also pretty much a carbon clone but then became more of its own thing with time.
Plus the concept isn't new. Makes sense though. Hopefully there's more series then!

GazTheLegend

Binge watched this on BBC iPlayer the other week.

One of the most hilarious shows I've ever seen. Matt Berry and Natasha Demetriou are unbelievably good - I didn't think anything could live up to the movie.

Do yourself a favour and check it out if you're a fan of Taika Waititi or The Office or the I.T. crowds styles of humour.

The vampire council, Jeff the Vampire and Jackie Daytona in season 2 particularly got me, but it's all good and even the intro + song is good enough for a rewatch.

Adamsk7

It’s brilliant. I really enjoyed the movie and thought this was gonna be a lesser version but IMO it’s actually better! All five main characters are hilarious in their own right and the writing is so slick that you can equally laugh at, root for and feel sorry for each of them at any time.

This and Ted Lasso have been my surprises of the last year or so.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's pretty good, but I do prefer the film, mainly for the people involved. Big fan of Taika Waititi, Jermaine Clement and Rhys Darby.

Colin is great. I really like Mark Proksch in anything he's in. I can usually take or leave Matt Berry but he's pretty good in this too.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah it's brilliant, both film and series.

On the tv show, Nadja brings it all together, such a perfectly written character.
It is excellent and I agree on Nadja - fantastic character and brilliant performance. She is a total babe also..

The idea of an energy vampire is inspired too.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Funniest show on tv these days.

M.Berry has been a revelation ever since Darkplace, I could watch/listen to him in anything.

fergosaurus

I'm eight episodes in and love it. All the main characters are brilliant and their expressions are hilarious. Never seen the film so looking forward to checking that out after.