What will the last decade be known as?

Reiver

We're all hopeful that Sir Jim and Co. are in the process of turning the club's fortunes around. It won't happen overnight but the early signs are encouraging.

Gary Neville coined the term the "Djemba-Djemba years" for a fallow period in the mid 00s. If the good times return, what will the last decade be known as?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
It's difficult to pin this period down to just one player (if that indeed is the challenge here).

Since the period is so long it has to be someone who stayed for long as well. Preferably someone who is inconsistent/streaky. Someone who clearly has talent, but ultimately lets you down. Martial? Pogba? Rashford :nervous:?

Lentwood

I can't think of any snappy soundbites but it will definitely be remembered for us being ran about as badly as it is physically possible to run any business, nevermind a football club. The levels of incompetence have truly staggered me at times.

wolvored

Parasite Period.
The decade where the leeches and their cronies ruined the club after being exposed after the Fergie era.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The corruption era. This will be looked on as the era that 115 charges fc utilised unprecedented cheating and financial doping to monopolise the league. When they are inevitably charged (and I hope the punishment is sufficient to the crimes!), that will paint a grey cloud over the premier league. 10 years of “entertainment” will be viewed very differently with the stench of corruption. The league itself may even take a minor hit, however in the long run clamping down on the cheats will lead to a new era of prosperity I would expect.

marktan

How are the early signs encouraging? For all we know Radcliffe may not be any better. I thought we'd do 20 years in the wilderness when SAF retired due to how bad the Glazers run the club, I still believe that unless we see otherwise from Jim. Signing a CEO means nothing.

Also we seem to have these weird cosmic energy where it's impossible for us to be good at the same time as Liverpool are. So we probably need to wait until Klopp leaves.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The getting almost every single decision wrong decade

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How are the early signs encouraging? For all we know Radcliffe may not be any better. I thought we'd do 20 years in the wilderness when SAF retired due to how bad the Glazers run the club, I still believe that unless we see otherwise from Jim. Signing a CEO means nothing.

Also we seem to have these weird cosmic energy where it's impossible for us to be good at the same time as Liverpool are. So we probably need to wait until Klopp leaves.
Because we seem to be targeting actual top level operators to run the day to day affairs?
Rather than bankers playing at football, or average mid table managers bringing their mates from their previous much smaller outfit?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Crazy how the club struggled after both Sir Matt and Sir Alex.

Cloud7

The banter years encapsulates it really. It is remarkable how literally everything the club has tried in the last decade has gone awry.

Managers - None of them lived up to what we hoped they would become, which in itself was not a very high bar that was held for any of them bar Jose
Upper management - Woody the Arnold. Self explanatory
Signings - Though people may speak in hindsight, we signed a lot of players who were genuinely exciting at other clubs and we had good reason to hope for good things here. And then there are the inexplicable ones who ended up being even worse than we thought they could be
Youth players - To be fair we've done alright in this regard, but it's hard to look past the most talented youth player we've had in years throwing it all away, and the second most talented one in years being unable to find any kind of consistency

All of this done while spending ridiculous amounts of money. Purely on the basis of numbers, you would have expected something to have turned out good by sheer luck. Even during their barren years, Arsenal had players like RVP, Ozil, Sanchez as some of the best players in the league, giving them something.

SirCactus

We're all hopeful that Sir Jim and Co. are in the process of turning the club's fortunes around. It won't happen overnight but the early signs are encouraging.

Gary Neville coined the term the "Djemba-Djemba years" for a fallow period in the mid 00s. If the good times return, what will the last decade be known as?

THE RALF RANGNICK REFORMATION