What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This might be sacrilegious to some but since the rumours are in full flow, it might be interesting to know if there are offers some would find acceptable?

Would people take Dybala+Sandro? Dembele+50m? 150m?

My own opinion is a bit contradictory. On the one hand I don't think he's proved that he's world class, but he's obviously got immense talent. His mentality could hinder him from realising his potential but then again he's super marketable and a household name already. Given the way the market has gone and his length of contract, in terms of numbers I think we should get double what we paid. I'd be tempted by Sandro+Dybala though.

If we could make it part of a deal that Raiola gets f all, then that would certainly sweeten the deal.

spwd

Absolutely ridiculous saying it but £180 million.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
This might be sacrilegious to some but since the rumours are in full flow, it might be interesting to know if there are offers some would find acceptable?

My own opinion is a bit contradictory. On the one hand I don't think he's proved that he's world class, but he's obviously got immense talent. His mentality could hinder him from realising his potential but then again he's super marketable and a household name already. Given the way the market has gone and his length of contract, in terms of numbers I think we should get double what we paid. I'd be tempted by Sandro+Dybala though.

If we could make it part of a deal that Raiola gets f all, then that would certainly sweeten the deal.
I'd want Dembele and Rakitic plus 50m.

If Coutinho is going for 140m then Pogba is worth around 200

Hephaestus

He has 4 years left on his contract (including the option in his contract), is probably our best player excluding the goalie and is a marketers wet dream. Honestly, wouldn't consider anything below 200m. Not me saying he's worth that necessarily, just that we shouldn't sell for anything less.

SecondFig

Given recent transfers (Coutinho, Dembele, Mbappe, Neymar, Allison etc.) I'd expect at least 200m. He's young, highly marketable, and has huge talent.

Obviously if you include players in an exchange it gets harder as it'll depend on how you value them - how much is Sandro worth? Or Dembele?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Would anyone *not* take this? Pogba is a brilliant player but Dybala is the best player in Serie A (except Ronaldo) and Sandro is one of the world's best left backs.

RikRuud

Anything over $150 million. Don't think barca can pull the deal off which is why they are offering squad players in the deal. Can't be backed by the Spanish bank like Los Blancos. If this was to happen, ideally a replacement like SMS would be done quietly before accepting any bid for Pogba. That way Lazio would not hike the price up even more knowing how much we received for Pogba. Ultimately I'd say it's too late in the window for this to happen.

Red_toad

He has 4 years left on his contract (including the option in his contract), is probably our best player excluding the goalie and is a marketers wet dream. Honestly, wouldn't consider anything below 200m. Not me saying he's worth that necessarily, just that we shouldn't sell for anything less.
He's not as good as Neymar, but is worth more?

To be honest if he's off to Barca, it will have to include other players as they can't afford to purchase him outright. But I'm honestly awaing for Paul to come out and say it's all crap, as would harm his brand if he leaves United twice. I wonder how many of his disciples will follow the line of I'm the victim and the Manager was wrong yet again...

Habs

Same fee as Coutinho, around £150M and I'd be more than happy for him to go. Lets face it we were always going to be a stepping stone for him until he finally get's his move to either Barca/Madrid. Watching him play last season it was pretty obvious his hearts not in it and I don't think he'll ever reach his potential here

Giggs86

Straight swap for Messi + Rakitic. Anything lower than that and they can go feck themselves.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Given recent transfers (Coutinho, Dembele, Mbappe, Neymar, Allison etc.) I'd expect at least 200m. He's young, highly marketable, and has huge talent.

Obviously if you include players in an exchange it gets harder as it'll depend on how you value them - how much is Sandro worth? Or Dembele?
I seem to recall that Juve have been holding out for 60m (euros) but now they're probably in a better position to keep him, they probably all want to stay and play with Ronnie.

I'd want Dembele and Rakitic plus 50m.

If Coutinho is going for 140m then Pogba is worth around 200
(While we're dreaming) I'd prefer that to 180-200m to be honest. Spend the 50m on Toby and we'd have a creative midfielder, right winger and a commanding centre back :drool:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Realistically it's got to include players.

There's no need for extra cash for us when we can't get the players out of the clubs they are in.

PepsiCola

Record breaking.

Considering his contract, ability and world cup performance.

vivaronaldo

sorry but if jose cant get the same out of pogba that dechamnps did , he should be the one to go ....pogba , face it or not is the face of the club , its up to jose to get the best out of him

Eddy_JukeZ

sorry but if jose cant get the same out of pogba that dechamnps did , he should be the one to go ....pogba , face it or not is the face of the club , its up to jose to get the best out of him
No current player is worthy of being called the face of the club.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
As others have said, money isn't really the issue here (except the ole 'net spend' championship medal). If we could 'trade' Pogba for a right winger, full back and a pretty good central midfielder I'd argue it's probably good business. But whoever we approach after selling him will just want stupid money. See Dembele and Barcelona's idiocy - essentially trading Neymar for him.

But getting Barca's cast offs and a few bob is absolute idiocy. I also don't get the desire for Rakitic - who from all I've seen is a step down from the very top level.

It's not going to happen this window. If Pogba wants to be a drama queen so be it, but he cares too much about his brand and career to go on strike. Plus, he clearly loves playing with Lingz, so you know.

ErranMorad

Still think it's all play to get a new bumper contract. However, if there is some truth in the rumors, then I would prefer he goes to Juventus as they have more players I would want in our team.

Juventus:

Darmian + Pogba for Dybala, Pjanic, Mandzukic & Sandro

Barcelona:

£175m + Rakitic

Hephaestus

He's not as good as Neymar, but is worth more?

To be honest if he's off to Barca, it will have to include other players as they can't afford to purchase him outright. But I'm honestly awaing for Paul to come out and say it's all crap, as would harm his brand if he leaves United twice. I wonder how many of his disciples will follow the line of I'm the victim and the Manager was wrong yet again...
Basically, yeah. Or rather, he's worth more than Neymar went to PSG for, would imagine that if anyone attempted to sign him now he'd cost a lot more than what PSG gave Barcelona. How much you'd consider selling a player requires taking more into account than just pure ability.

Red_toad

Basically, yeah. Or rather, he's worth more than Neymar went to PSG for, would imagine that if anyone attempted to sign him now he'd cost a lot more than what PSG gave Barcelona. How much you'd consider selling a player requires taking more into account than just pure ability.
Pogba is a good player but expecting a world record fee for a player who blows hot and cold, doesn't score nor create with any great efficiency is just wrong.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He hasn't improved one bit as a player since he's been at United so would be happy just to get back what we paid for him plus the wages we've wasted on him, so circa £110m will do
This.

Hephaestus

Pogba is a good player but expecting a world record fee for a player who blows hot and cold, doesn't score nor create with any great efficiency is just wrong.
I'm not. The question isn't what is he worth, the question is what offer would be required for people to consider selling. For me, it would be a 200m fee, that doesn't mean I'm expecting it.

Red_toad

I'm not. The question isn't what is he worth, the question is what offer would be required for people to consider selling. For me, it would be a 200m fee, that doesn't mean I'm expecting it.
Yeah ok that sounds pure logic... 150 mill max for me, if he's unhappy and doesn't want to be here (yet again). Hopefully we can get a player in return who'd address an issue in our team.

theriddler

Supports
Liverpool FC
Without trying to be biased (its hard cause I am a Scouse Lover :) ) United should only sell if:

- Pogba makes his position untenable and privately tells team mates he is unhappy, and puts in a transfer request
- He refuses to sign a new contract next summer, meaning he will be running his contract down at the age of 26. No way can any club lose that kind of monetary asset for a low fee.

I think United should do everything in their power to make sure Pogba feels valued - he could be your star player as you return to the pinnacle of English and continental football, alongisde De Gea and Lukaku. Chances of Mourinho outlasting him are next to none.

I'd do business with Juventus or Madrid if there was a top draw CM coming back who fits the manager's style/mentality well.

Alex Sandro and Pjanic + 20-30 million would make United stronger if traded for Pogba, especially if that extra cash could be used to bring in a good winger. I'd value those players at 50 and 75 million respectively, meaning Pogba would have a 150-160 million valuation, which I believe is quite fair in the current climate.

With Madrid, you'd want Vazquez (20 million) and Kovacic (40 million) and 100 million in cash, to then go and acquire Sandro and another winger.

If the transactions are done smartly, United can come out of it with a more complete squad. While there is hysteria around Klopp's spending, and many here don't want to hear the term net spend, fact is Liverpool's owners have never shown any inkling that they would spend big before this summer. Coutinho left for 142 million. This pretty much directly covered the 52-58 million acquisition of Keita and the 75 million fee for Van Dijk.

Now, Keita hasn't kicked a ball for Liverpool yet, but given Liverpool's already strong attack, getting in VVD meant a more solid team. The transaction definitely (even if it was a VVD for Coutinho swap) has worked in our favor.

If Pogba isn't what Mourinho wants or if the player really wants to leave, Fred and Matic are two very good midfielders you already have. If you can use that 150-160 million pound asset to get 2-3 top quality players (well if you do a deal with Juve you should at least try for Sandro and Pjanic), you come out with a more complete squad already.

gza the genius

At this point in the window there would have to be players involved. Money does us no good losing our best player with a day and a half left in the transfer window. Dembele + a midfielder or fullback or Umtiti or something from Barca. Dybala and Sandro from Juve, etc. In terms of just straight cash, we'd be stupid to sell for much less than 200mil given what other players have gone for.

Status
Not open for further replies.