What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

when you spend 90 mill to bring him back , if you're not building a team around him and making him the focal point given the position he plays you have to ask why not
Pogba is not a player you build a team around. He's not Ronaldo/Messi.

theriddler

Supports
Liverpool FC
Pogba is not a player you build a team around. He's not Ronaldo/Messi.
Should the rest of the teams in the world just go home? Madrid were built around Zidane, who, quelle horreur, was a midfield player. Why would you not build around the most gifted midfielder of his generation?

He can be a match winner, and can drive a team to trophies, he clearly has the ability. As a United fan, I'm sure you think that Pogba is at worst as talented as Gerrard, correct?

Well, for all his faults and all the hatred he gets (of course this is expected from United fans, just as LFC fans hate Rooney), Gerrard drove a less talented squad of players to multiple trophies, with less able managers at the helm, poorer team mates (by a mile), and far lower investment, even accounting for transfer inflation. Why can't Pogba be that player for United?

haram

Coutinho went for 140 million and Pogba is better and just won the world cup. 200 million minimum.

Eddy_JukeZ

Should the rest of the teams in the world just go home? Madrid were built around Zidane, who, quelle horreur, was a midfield player. Why would you not build around the most gifted midfielder of his generation?

He can be a match winner, and can drive a team to trophies, he clearly has the ability. As a United fan, I'm sure you think that Pogba is at worst as talented as Gerrard, correct?

Well, for all his faults and all the hatred he gets (of course this is expected from United fans, just as LFC fans hate Rooney), Gerrard drove a less talented squad of players to multiple trophies, with less able managers at the helm, poorer team mates (by a mile), and far lower investment, even accounting for transfer inflation. Why can't Pogba be that player for United?
Madrid didn't build around Zidane entirely. They built their team around a galactico policy and it failed overall. Zidane in his last 2 seasons at Real started to seriously wane before a swansong at the 2006 WC.

Pogba being as talented as Gerrard or not is irrelevant. I wouldn't build my team around players like that.

Pogba is better served as the cog in a functioning machine than as the singular main piece.

TsuWave

coutinho went for close to 150 so starting price for pogba would be like 180

Fosu-Mens

Barcelona: Umtiti/Dembele + Umtiti (Only Dembele would be interested in a move, and would not function with our current tactics.)
Juventus: Dybala + £50m
Cash: £200m now or175m during the winter window. Next summer we would have changed manager and he would be willing to wait to check out the new trainer.

pokiri

250 mil plus Rakitic on loan for 2 years

Last edited by a moderator:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
No bid would be acceptable. Money is useless to us. We get overcharged anyway. We are not a selling club. However if we could get two top players in exchange? That kind of thing could be good but money isn't because i'm not convinced we would make the best of it for the team. I think when we sold Ronaldo, we showed we just wanted the money and to make a profit...when we should have got Robben as part of the deal but it's easy to say. So no fee is acceptable really. We're not business people we're supporters. We don't care about profit. We want the best team possible.

Shaun Oldman

Madrid didn't build around Zidane entirely. They built their team around a galactico policy and it failed overall. Zidane in his last 2 seasons at Real started to seriously wane before a swansong at the 2006 WC.

Pogba being as talented as Gerrard or not is irrelevant. I wouldn't build my team around players like that.

Pogba is better served as the cog in a functioning machine than as the singular main piece.
Ravel was super talented but unless that transmits to performances on the pitch then it's worthless.

For my money, Gerrard far better player (ditto the likes of Yaya)

Hazza83

Supports
Liverpool
Interesting thread. From my perspective as supporter of a rival team, I’d much rather Pogba stay than Mourinho get 150m odd and reinvest in other players. Pogba (in my opinion) has underwhelmed considering his world record fee. 95 games, 15 goals, 18 assists and generally considered indisciplined playing in central midfield. Perhaps it is intangibles he possesses not easily measured by stats that Man Utd fans value so highly? Not looking to WUM here; just curious as to what specifically fans of the club see in his game besides talent and potential to value him so highly, 2 full seasons after buying him.

Reactions: Raoul

M4nu4Life

100m + dembele, and enough time to sign a replacement.

If you could get Dembele + Mateo Kovacic + 50 million for Pogba would you do it?

Spend the 50m plus more on a gun Central defender and it should improve our squad.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Still think it's all play to get a new bumper contract. However, if there is some truth in the rumors, then I would prefer he goes to Juventus as they have more players I would want in our team.

Juventus:

Darmian + Pogba for Dybala, Pjanic, Mandzukic & Sandro

Barcelona:

£175m + Rakitic
Are you on drugs?

Pogba is not worth any of those deals :lol:

trezeguet

Supports
Spartak Trnava
Zero. You just can’t sell Pogba at this stage.

Last edited by a moderator:

ErranMorad

Are you on drugs?

Pogba is not worth any of those deals :lol:
We are about 36 hours from the close of the window, where do you think we are going to get a replacement for him at this late stage? At this moment of time he is absolutely worth that much to us. He is a world cup winner now. He excelled and was generally considered one of the best players in the tournament. Finally showing signs of maturing and fulfilling his massive potential. The only way for him from here on is up.

We once sold Ronaldo for £80m, a fee at the time thought to be pretty significant. Now 9 seasons later Real sold him for 100m Euros @age of 33 after he won them 4 champions league titles and won himself 4 BPITW awards. Don't want it to happen again.

For me he is nontransferable. Though if someone is desperate, then we should make them pay through the nose.

Edit: Customary :lol:. I am going to laugh my heart out too at someone who doesn't think Pogba is worth that much.

Last edited:

SER19

Id take rakitic and dembele.

In monetary terms given the prices going about, id say 180m. I feel many are scared of losing the potential of pogba. If his performance level doesnt improve we could even end up regretting not selling. If he realises his potential hes a world beater but thats an if.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Wouldn't take them in exchange for Pogba, no way.
Given that Darmian is basically a non-factor, you wouldn’t trade Pogba for Dybala, Sandro, Pjanic and Mandzukic?

Sterling Archer

Jose got a pretty good deal off Zlatan when he went to Barcelona. I'd need an equally one sided move. Given we've got keepers going for 70 million :

Dembele
Umtiti
100 million

lysglimt

Scout
I admit I was wrong about Pogba - I didn't think he was world-class. But after watching him for France I realized - it was just us that couldn't get the best out of him.

gajender

Id take rakitic and dembele.

In monetary terms given the prices going about, id say 180m. I feel many are scared of losing the potential of pogba. If his performance level doesnt improve we could even end up regretting not selling. If he realises his potential hes a world beater but thats an if.
So If I understand you correctly we might regret not selling Pogba if he fails to realise his potential but would trade him for Rakitic and Dembele, One player whose best days might be behind him and another youngster though immensely talented with limited body of work who is yet to show he could even cut it at the highest level and is just pure potential at the moment , don't you think there are contradictions in your post.

Quinzaine

If it ever comes to the point where Pogba leaves before Mourinho - it will be an extremely dark day for the club.

SER19

So If I understand you correctly we might regret not selling Pogba if he fails to realise his potential but would trade him for Rakitic and Dembele, One player whose best days might be behind him and another youngster though immensely talented with limited body of work who is yet to show he could even cut it at the highest level and is just pure potential at the moment , don't you think there are contradictions in your post.
No. On the basis that if pogba actually wants to leave he should be let go as soon as possible. If so, then rakitic is a quality midfielder who i think would work well and dembele is unproven but potentially a great talent in an area we need strengthening.

Forget about his name, his transfer fee and all that goes with him- performance based only pogba has been largely poor, sometimes good and sometimes great. He is absolutely not irreplaceable. I hope ge stays and commits and hits a high level, but given a crystal ball if we're going to get 2-3 years of massive inconsistency and then sell for a low fee id get rid and take my chances with those 2 players, or the money and rebuild.

Personally i wonder how long can a player go talking about potential.

Canagel

This might be sacrilegious to some but since the rumours are in full flow, it might be interesting to know if there are offers some would find acceptable?

Would people take Dybala+Sandro? Dembele+50m? 150m?

My own opinion is a bit contradictory. On the one hand I don't think he's proved that he's world class, but he's obviously got immense talent. His mentality could hinder him from realising his potential but then again he's super marketable and a household name already. Given the way the market has gone and his length of contract, in terms of numbers I think we should get double what we paid. I'd be tempted by Sandro+Dybala though.

If we could make it part of a deal that Raiola gets f all, then that would certainly sweeten the deal.
Why would any top level player want to come to United right now? Dybala for instance has said that recently that he wants Pogba back at Juve. How is that supposed to work? Besides most of these players would be taking a step down by joining us (just like Pogba himself did in 2016) are they up for that challenge and would they stay motivated? I'd rather invest in the best young upcoming talents that in time we can turn into superstars instead of ready made superstars. Someone mentioned Ndombele. That's the sort of player we need. We need committed players.

Last edited:

Karlkim SK

200M sounds fair. Don't want to lose him, but he is not irreplaceable, IMO. We should not keep unhappy player who doesn't give a shit about our club and want to leave twice. One less snake Raiola player sounds good to me too.

SER19

If it ever comes to the point where Pogba leaves before Mourinho - it will be an extremely dark day for the club.
If an under performing player, with more style than substance so far, with a shit bag agent, decides to leave united for a second time, goes ahead of the manager it will be an extremely dark day?

Wow, player power is at its peak

trafford1980

More than Coutinho but less then Mbappe.

For me, an initial value somewhere around 115 mill, with add-ons to a total of 150'ish. The 115 mill would have to include a centre-mid to make me even look at the offer.

If both Rakitic and Pjanic are worth 40 mill in this market we'd be looking at the following:

To Barcelona for Rakitic + 75 mill + add-ons
To Juventus for Pjanic + 75 mill + add-ons.

The realist in me doesn't think that we're going to threaten City this season, and a firing Pjanic or Rakitic negates a sad wantaway Pogba. I genuinely think we can still have a great season without Pogba, as long as he's replaced and we use the extra Pogba money to buy a second centre-back.

In: Alderweireld, Maguire, Pjanic/Rakitic, Right winger
Out: Rojo, Jones, Darmian, Pogba.

It is sad though, I thought Pogba would be a Man United lifer once he came back to us.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Nothing is enough, simply because of the fact that not only is there not enough time now to find a replacement but he wouldn't have a pre-season to adjust with the new team.

Pogba should be told to simply pipe down, be professional and play the season. If he still wants to leave at the end of the season he can and United in the meantime can scout possible replacements.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Pogba really isn’t worth what people are saying here.

We would be lucky to get anything more than 120 million for him

FromTheBench

I'd take dembele plus cash but again dembele under Jose can be a train wreck.

So about 200 million but not sure where we would go with that this late in the window.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If we sell Pogba and don't bring in at least 2 players of considerable quality in exchange I'll actually jump on the crazy train. Until then Im looking forward to a new season. Fecking transfer windows..

redIndianDevil

No point in getting money for him, we'd just get fleeced by other clubs. The moment they know United get 150+ for Pogba, even charlie Adam would suddenly cost 70m for us.

BULB

175m for Pogba... same guy that played like two good game last season.
time to cash in on this clown while his stock is at meteoric levels.
better than Coutinho, what a laugh that is.

Hughes35

Huge Pogba fan but If he were to leave and we could get Dembele, Rakitic and Mina then it may actually be a lot better for us. I might be wrong but I've recently been thinking that we may be planning on using Bailly as a right back in the coming season as that's why we are looking for a CB.

De Gea
Bailly Mina Jones/smalling Young/Dalot
Matic
Fred Rakitic
Dembele Sanchez
Lukaku

For me that actually looks a much more balanced team. Bailly maybe becoming the new Ivanovic?

Status
Not open for further replies.