What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Selling him would be the dumbest decision the club has made in years. Which is saying a lot. Selling him should not even be considered.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Two or three quality players. I wouldn't put a figure on his head as I wouldn't trust the club to use it for the team. Selling for whatever price is not effective for us because the price would go up for any player we were interested in; especially with that kind of money. It would not go far enough.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Considering Pogba's play style, would he be suited to a fast paced creative attacking style that we're all eager to have? He really strikes me as someone who is more suited to a heavy technical style that a Juve or Barca would have.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Funny thing with Pogba is - you stick him in that Chelsea side instead of Kovacic, in that Liverpool midfield ahead of Shaqiri/Keita/Henderon and he would catch fire IMO. He'd probably make Real more watchable now they've weakened slightly and he'd be amazing at PSG with Verratti and Rabiot alongside him. If we became a more attacking side, we are much more likely to bring out the best in him without necessarily building the team around him.

Mcking

Two balloons and a goldfish on current form. On best form? Probably 60-80m. We overpaid. He’s not that good. He’s not a neymar or messi or ronaldo. Not that bracket of player.
Great revelation there man.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
60m + he takes Mourinho with him or 90m

Footyislife

When we have our clown of a manager sacked & Pogba is performing at his world class level next year with someone competent, i will remember some of these sell Pogba threads and laugh a lot.

His valuation between marketing power & football skills probably run at 300m right now based on what Neymar went for plus inflation. If someone was offering stupid money i'd take it to fund a re-balance of the squad & whatever Mou's large severance is.

devilish

You only get fecking McGuire for that price. I'd say Pogba is a bit better than him.
60m and Mourinho is fair. We'll lose a top player but also 49% of our problems (ie Mourinho)

On a serious note, selling our biggest name now, when most of the team is under performing is crazy. Prospective buyers would be throwing pennies (figuratively speaking of course) for him. Meanwhile we'll give the impression that we're not very keen in remaining competitive anymore. Which of course is bad news for a club whose 7th place and has so many players heading at the end of their contracts. I'd say keep Pogba, bring in a manager who knows the guy well (Allegri? Zidane?) and remove the man responsible to make the team click and is failing miserably in doing so.

devilish

More like 60m or 90m + Mourinho
why would anyone wants to spend 30m for a manager whose been sacked at Real and Chelsea and whose heading us to 7th place? Sure he won alot in the past but so did Trapattoni. Would you want Trapattoni or Capello to manage us?

The Purley King

why would anyone wants to spend 30m for a manager whose been sacked at Real and Chelsea and whose heading us to 7th place? Sure he won alot in the past but so did Trapattoni. Would you want Trapattoni or Capello to manage us?
Whoops got that the wrong way around!! Was trying to make a joke. Still too early for me obviously I need another coffee

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We need him more than he needs us.

You cant sell your best players. You just cant. We got robbed on the Ronaldo deal. The owners pocketed the cash. Our owners aren't the worst but we cant trust them to invest the money if we sell pogba.

It would be 200 million and imagine another Valencia and owen type investment. It would set us back 5 years and no world class talent would want to join unless they were from Salford or something.
I think the same. He has flaws and no player is bigger than club and so on, but he is our best player( after DDG of course). We just need him and if Jose is on his way, we must see how he will play with another manager.
If we get 100mil for him, what then? Who would you buy for that? Our goal must be to add quality to quality, not to replace.

UpWithRivers

It would be a stupid thing to sell him and a very stupid thing to do for anything less than 100+. Why do we always buy high and sell cheap. Id take Coutinho deal - 105 mill rising to 145 with a clause saying no players bought from United for 10 years and may as well add our own sweetener - first option on any of their players sold. Hes a world cup winning midfielder - who else out there would we replace him with.

redshaw

It would be a stupid thing to sell him and a very stupid thing to do for anything less than 100+. Why do we always buy high and sell cheap. Id take Coutinho deal - 105 mill rising to 145 with a clause saying no players bought from United for 10 years and may as well add our own sweetener - first option on any of their players sold. Hes a world cup winning midfielder - who else out there would we replace him with.
Coutinho had just signed a deal with Liverpool and Barca had the Neymar cash.

Pogba by the end of this season only has two years left at United. Depending on who comes in we might just have to take what we can if we are to sell him due to him wanting to leave. Would really help if Real and Barca come in to raise the price.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Coutinho had just signed a deal with Liverpool and Barca had the Neymar cash.

Pogba by the end of this season only has two years left at United. Depending on who comes in we might just have to take what we can if we are to sell him due to him wanting to leave. Would really help if Real and Barca come in to raise the price.
Pogba will have 3 years left on his contract as we have 1 year option to extend,

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well that's a lot better. Could only find info of the 5 year deal.
“Manchester United is delighted to announce that Paul Pogba has completed his transfer from Italian club Juventus. Paul joins on a five-year contract, with the option to extend for a further year,” read a statement on United’s website.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-united-sign-paul-pogba-93-million-juventus

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/paul-pogba-manchester-united-player.420539/

Andy_Cole

In this market I’d just like a player or two. If from Juve perhaps Dyabla, PSG Verratti or dare I say it Mbappe. Something like that.

f_to_z

I dont think he will be sold atleast this summer. The board thinks highly of him. I think Mourinho will leave surely the summer thus giving Pogba another chance.

For sake of argument i believe his market value is 150mil. In our circumstances though and him really wanting to leave 100mil is acceptable at the moment.

Murray3007

Would let him go, he's had a lot worse games then that one v Liverpool that seems to keep getting mentioned, he's just not cut out for the premiership pace week in week out. he has all the ability in the world but without hunger and desire which he seems to lack it means nothing, we would be lucky I reckon to get £120m for him, he will go to La Liga and look quality just because the league is a lot slower and will suit his style a lot more.

Fracture90

Ridiculous to even contemplate selling him without seeing what he can do in a more attacking setup under a more attacking manager.

BigRon1985

If his performances suddenly became consistently in keeping with his undoubted talent then at current market rates he's got to be worth over £200 million. However it would be crazy to sell him whilst the managerial situation is still up in the air.

If we did sell him though can anyone on here remember the last time we sold a player we had originally bought at a profit? :confused:

JK-27

To me, it shows the character of the man if he is genuinely looking for a move back to Juve, he's looking for the easy life. Juve have won the title for 7 straight seasons, and are already 8 points clear this season. If Pogba wants to go back it shows he has no fight, no desire to take on a challenge, no heart to tackle a tough course. If that is true, we don't need him at Utd.

simplyared

Ridiculous to sell our best player or even think of it right now. Mourinho must be shown the door, and a new manager/caretaker put in place asap. Doing any sort of deal involving Dybala would just add to our problems.

Mainoldo

Most naturally gifted midfielder in world football today. Na I’ll pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.