What would be the most entertaining world cup final?

diarm

France Brazil for football
Argentina Portugal for the story

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Dire today :lol:
Though I do think they tend to do better in big games. International football is funny. Teams like England are probably the best around at consistently, comfortably beating down on less sides.... but struggle in the big games. And then the teams who I think are set up perfectly for the big games, are prone to inconsistency against lesser teams, and so quite often simply fall too soon (Germany as an example here!).
I know what you mean. I do think on the whole pragmatic football works better for international teams. At least in the likes of France, England and France you’re tuning in to see exciting attacking talent. This Spain team is just incredibly underwhelming in attack. Mbappe alone makes France watchable.

ShoePolish

England v Brazil, with England rushing into 5-0 win and Brazil slowly chipping it away and taking it on pens.

Sir Erik ten Hag

France vs Brazil would be lovely to watch for the purists. Portugal and Argentina will be a bore-fest.
France vs Brazil would be an entertaining 90 minutes (Or even 120 minutes). But Portugal vs Argentina would be proper fun for a whole week at least.

RopersReturn

Should be a good game, now I wonder if ITV can squeeze an advert in before the national anthems ?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
We also had a very entertaining game in 1986.
I missed that one on account that I was a 1 year old, but I'm not surprised...I've always enjoyed seeing France play Brazil, it always brings us up to a new level to play against your wonderful nation.

frostbite

Semifinals:
Brazil - Argentina
England - Portugal

Final:
Brazil - England

Red Star One

I think the correct answer this year is France vs Brazil but for the purpose of GOAT clashes Portugal Argentina final would be memorable.

NoPace

Messi vs England seems like the best game in terms of drama.

Tormentorres

Supports
Liverpool
Argentina v Portugal with Messi bossing it with a double while Ronaldo is sat on the bench.