What would convince you that Ole should be made permanent manager?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I am not convinced yet. Yes, i am happy how things are going on but i am still for Poch.
1) Is our form and good atmosphere because of Ole or because of positive shock?
2) Poch is made for us. Can we risk it with Ole?
3) Ole offered new contract to Phil Jones. Why, Ole, why??( just kidding about this)

I really can't decide. It is huge huge call by Ed. I know one thing. It is Ole or Poch for me. 3rd solution would be wrong choice.
Imagine if they gave it to Zidane?

*shudder*

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Unless we just turn immediately shite for the rest of the season, I can't see him not getting the job. What more can he do? Even if we don't make top 4 he deserves to continue what he's doing, this group of players will give everything for him.

RG 11

I think he's pretty much got the job but the club probably wont reveal it till the end of the season.

Heard him mention that he's helping the club make decisions for the future which an interim manager doesn't really do.

Member 90887

Unless we just turn immediately shite for the rest of the season, I can't see him not getting the job. What more can he do? Even if we don't make top 4 he deserves to continue what he's doing, this group of players will give everything for him.
Exactly, some posters here are way too demanding with Ole compared to other managers. Some of us were supporting Jose when he was not delivering and were ready for him to keep his job if improved.

Ole here is on a title run basically. We'd be first with 5 more points than the second.
Qualified to the quarters of the CL.
Still in the Fa cup with away games to Arsenal and Chelsea (our worst ground by far).

All this with a flurry of injuries.

i'd rather give a chance to Ole, at least we know he'd do his best even if he doesn't succeed with us.

The club should stop this debate and give the man the job.

Comet49

I think they’d be a fuss in all quarters, fans media, if he’s not given the job after what he’s achieved. There’s a a lot of pressure on Ed to appoint him, he’d be a brave man not too and it would be tough for any new manager too, after what Ole’s done. He smiles too.

OldSchoolManc

No way Ole isn’t getting the job.
Poch must be well angry that he’s missed out on a big payday. He can stay with Spurs and never win anything.

FFK Norway

Supports
Fredrikstad FK and Brighton
If Manchester United end outside of top 4 it is not because of the job Ole has done. It is because of what was done before he took over.

Reactions: langster

pacifictheme

If Manchester United end outside of top 4 it is not because of the job Ole has done. It is because of what was done before he took over.
Absolutely. What hes done is nothing short of a miracle really. Last night was a bonus and no one would have held him responsible if we'd gone out.

If we don't make top four (barring a complete collapse) i'll feel sorry for him as what hes done has been great, but what he took over was a mess.

pacifictheme

Exactly, some posters here are way too demanding with Ole compared to other managers. Some of us were supporting Jose when he was not delivering and were ready for him to keep his job if improved.

Ole here is on a title run basically. We'd be first with 5 more points than the second.
Qualified to the quarters of the CL.
Still in the Fa cup with away games to Arsenal and Chelsea (our worst ground by far).

All this with a flurry of injuries.

i'd rather give a chance to Ole, at least we know he'd do his best even if he doesn't succeed with us.

The club should stop this debate and give the man the job.
I think hes got it but they're going to wait for the season to end. There is no reason to announce it now. Hes probably been told already.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I am not convinced yet. Yes, i am happy how things are going on but i am still for Poch.
3) Ole offered new contract to Phil Jones. Why, Ole, why??( just kidding about this)

I really can't decide. It is huge huge call by Ed. I know one thing. It is Ole or Poch for me. 3rd solution would be wrong choice.
This is an absurd train of thought as of yesterday.

It's more like; can we risk it by giving it to anyone else.

Anyway, it's a moot point: Ole's got it.

rpg

2. Ole is the one made for us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Honestly wondering if this is a sarcastic post? If not.... wow

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Champions League history last night. Has your opinion changed in this regard now?

3 months is a very long time for a positive shock if you're attributing the teams record win streak to just getting rid of Jose.

Poch and Ole are literally the same manager, except Ole is Manchester United. And likes cups.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Is there anyone against Ole getting the job, and if so why?

Also, given recent form, bad results and problems at Spurs, does anyone still want Poch, and if so why?

I don't want Poch anywhere near this club, especially not now. I just don't get all the fuss with him, vastly overrated imho.

reddevil702

Ole’s biggest achievement has been changing the mentality and atmosphere at the club. There is a real belief that we can beat anyone and confidence on the pitch. To be able to accomplish this in 3 months, especially given the state of the club/players when he took over is extraordinary. He’s made the job his, not because his name or reputation but with actual results. What more can you ask of any manager.

Doracle

Feels the question now needs to be reversed. What, if anything, would need to happen in the next month for people not to want Ole to get the job?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
What would convince you that Ole should be made permanent manager?

Answer: I'm already convinced that he is THE boss. This is the guy who should've taken over from Fergie when he retired, but at that time, he wasn't ready. We effectively waited for 5-6 years, while he prepared to manage MUFC. By hiring Moyes and co, we gave Ole time to prepare. In 2019, he was ready, so we got rid of Jose and brought in Fergie's replacement.

Now that he is here, I hope he stays for the next 25 to break every record which can be broken.

MoskvaRed

Ole’s biggest achievement has been changing the mentality and atmosphere at the club. There is a real belief that we can beat anyone and confidence on the pitch. To be able to accomplish this in 3 months, especially given the state of the club/players when he took over is extraordinary. He’s made the job his, not because his name or reputation but with actual results. What more can you ask of any manager.
I totally agree - Ole has reversed six years of downsized expectations in 3 months. If he’s manager for next season, he will target the league. I think Poch is a talented manager but his downplaying of expectations at Spurs makes me think he’s not got the right stuff for the United job. I don’t want another multi-year project when we clearly already have 80-90% of a very good team.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Let's give him the job. Whilst we're at it, let's get Mourinho to give him a blow job too to say sorry for ruining our club.

reddevil702

I totally agree - Ole has reversed six years of downsized expectations in 3 months. If he’s manager for next season, he will target the league. I think Poch is a talented manager but his downplaying of expectations at Spurs makes me think he’s not got the right stuff for the United job. I don’t want another multi-year project when we clearly already have 80-90% of a very good team.
I've always been pro-poch but his comments recently have really turned me off. Seems odd as well as I don't recall him ever doing so before. Maybe pressure is getting to him and perhaps he did want the United job so realizing it's slipping away could be adding to it. Under Ole all signs point to a title challenge next season, can't say I would feel the same way should Poch or Zidane take over as you would expect a transition period.

Farfetched

What would convince me? Well I think we need:
Someone who has a passion for club I love.
Someone who speaks positively about all aspects of the club.
Someone who values the traditions of the club and wants to win with entertainment and will promote youth players to achieve that goal.
Someone who encourages the club players to be the best they can and for them to seek to improve at every turn.
It took me longer to type this than to answerit, we need a Legend, the last three months have convinced me that Olé should be our permanent manager.

ginyu tokusentai

i'm all for him to be with the club on a permanent basis!
i am just perplexed why is he so good here but (almost) relegated cardiff and got sacked a few years back.

(btw this is my first post :D)

FFK Norway

Supports
Fredrikstad FK and Brighton
i'm all for him to be with the club on a permanent basis!
i am just perplexed why is he so good here but (almost) relegated cardiff and got sacked a few years back.

(btw this is my first post :D)
Well some girlfriend's you get just last a short time cause it's not the right girl. Suddenly you find the right one and you get kids and get married.

Cardiff was not right for him. Actually at that time no manager was right cause the club was a mess.
I followed the club the entire time he was there and Vincent Tan the owner was the reason why it went shitty.

Also he brought in too many of his own just like Moyes did in United. Neither Pep, Zidane, Poch or any other class manager would kept them up. They had a championship league squad of players. For premier league. And it was hopeless from day one.

Buttocks still wedged firmly on the fence.
If Ole is given the job I prey to god he goes and buys,not only a RW,but a controlling midfielder.I want to see us take authority of a game against a top side.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I’m already convinced but it will be interesting to see how he handles this setback. Being the manager must be great when everything is going great but I think we’ll see what he is really made of when there is a loss of form or confidence or a mini bad run etc. This isnt a criticism it’s just we haven’t seen this side of his management as everything has been going right for him.

Paul_Scholes18

I’m already convinced but it will be interesting to see how he handles this setback. Being the manager must be great when everything is going great but I think we’ll see what he is really made of when there is a loss of form or confidence or a mini bad run etc. This isnt a criticism it’s just we haven’t seen this side of his management as everything has been going right for him.
He did deal with the defeat against PSG well and we bounced back against Chelsea. Big games to come now and hopefully he can get us to raise the game. We need some big performances to end the season well and fresh legs. I think we got the mentality and quality to do well, but not sure about the fitness fully.

purgethefallen

This is the caveat that worries me a little. We'd be obliged to stick by him for a couple of seasons due to his stature at the club. Its fine in theory but we'd be 8 years post SAF and still not have any clear direction.

Obviously best case scenario is what we are seeing is his real impact on the team which can be sustained and he builds a good legacy here.
8 years is nothing, some of us remember the wilderness years after Sir Matt.

Give Ole a couple of years to start sorting this squad out and if there's no major improvement then you think about moving on from him.

Last edited:

KennyBurner

Buttocks still wedged firmly on the fence.
If Ole is given the job I prey to god he goes and buys,not only a RW,but a controlling midfielder.I want to see us take authority of a game against a top side.
This is my only concern related to him. There isn’t a top 6 side we have dominated yet under him and he has played quite a lot so far.

When I say dominate, I mean a possession oriented game with the occasional drop back every now and then to recover. Under Ole we are a counter attacking side and while it’s fun and viable I really don’t envision it a style that can get us back to the top especially when it’s what we use against every single top side.

When he first got the job I remember him saying “we are Manchester United and we don’t need to adapt to others, others need to adapt to us”. Now I will give him some leisure because under mourinho we quite frankly used to adapt to everyone including the bottom 3 by fielding players like fellaini to counter a specific threat for example. Under Ole we only adapt to the top 6 and although it’s fair I really think he should do more than always play on the counter because this team is better than that.

Now I know some of you might think well we played better than arsenal today Even though we lost so that should count for something. Well arsenal scored first and decided to sit back which is similar to how we normally approach them. My point being is if the game was 0-0 till the late stages we would not have had so much opportunity on the ball. We were chasing the game all throughout and our strikers let us down. We didn’t dominate like others on here seem to suggest.

Moving on I’m still sitting on the fence. However I’m also fine with us hiring him because he has shown we have got it against the shite sides. I think his next big test is against wolves and Chelsea. I won’t include man city because for me to ever judge him on that he would need his own players or that’s just very unfair. Against wolves I want us to dominate them even though we are playing away. More of the same against Chelsea because we are at home.