g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

What's happened to Antonio Valencia?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
The guy turned down the chance to sign for Real Madrid so he could sign for us (Wigan’s chairman even alluded to it in an interview when he said, he had to accept a bid that was a couple of million lower for him because he wanted to come to United), the disrespect our fan base has shown him over the years is a disgrace. All the whilst lauding the guy who was frothing at the mouth to leave us for Real Madrid after we developed him and he was ready to go after 2 good seasons. Then bolted after his third good season, having caused the whole “I have a dream” circus around the club. All the whilst still creaming themselves over every goal he’s scoring for other teams, having committed his best years to another team.

Valencia has been nothing but a model professional by every account, seems like a humble guy to boot and has been far better than most give him credit for, especially after such an awful injury. I wish him nothing but the best for his future.

Eleven-Eighteen

he's become old that's what.

the couple of years under Mourinho were a bit of a swan song. now with the rest of the team showing up, Valencia is far better off playing in a less demanding league.

no disrespected intended to the Skipper

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Discraceful way for Ole to treat the captain and one of United's greatest number 7s.
Cristiano Ronaldo?

I don't recall many players having the 7 at Utd. but Valencia is simply an average player overall. If I compare him to the best fullbacks at the time; Lahm/D. Alves/Maicon/Marcelo he is simply underwhelming. The fact that he was captain at Utd. is simply cynical. He is a player nr. 14 - 18 who will get his games over a season but you don't want to have him starting in a CL Semi.

OGS is doing at lot of right things atm so I won't doubt him in this question either especially that I am on the same page here.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The guy turned down the chance to sign for Real Madrid so he could sign for us (Wigan’s chairman even alluded to it in an interview when he said, he had to accept a bid that was a couple of million lower for him because he wanted to come to United), the disrespect our fan base has shown him over the years is a disgrace. All the whilst lauding the guy who was frothing at the mouth to leave us for Real Madrid after we developed him and he was ready to go after 2 good seasons. Then bolted after his third good season, having caused the whole “I have a dream” circus around the club. All the whilst still creaming themselves over every goal he’s scoring for other teams, having committed his best years to another team.

Valencia has been nothing but a model professional by every account, seems like a humble guy to boot and has been far better than most give him credit for, especially after such an awful injury. I wish him nothing but the best for his future.
Yeah that's all good but I'm interested in seeing the highest standard of player here. Valencia has been a great servant but replacing Ronaldo with Valencia was the start of a slow downward trend that led to the mess we've been in until now.

Red Devil Rising

Ah okay, so has he playing for free for the last 9 years or so then?

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Everyone gets old and loses a bit, it's a natural part of football. He's been a good servant to the club and I wish him well, but it's the right time for both parties.

beedoubleyou

Ah okay, so has he playing for free for the last 9 years or so then?
I'm not sure what's actually happening here, there's not really a source, but I don't expect the club to act like total cnuts here, even if some of the fans on here insist on doing so themselves.

He's not Kirk Van Houten, this is not the cracker factory.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I'm not sure what's actually happening here, there's not really a source, but I don't expect the club to act like total cnuts here, even if some of the fans on here insist on doing so themselves.

He's not Kirk Van Houten, this is not the cracker factory.
Kirk Van Who ? Thank God for Google, other search engines are available....

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
A great servant for us but he's past it now. When his current deal ends he can go where ever he pleases with our heartfelt gratitude but he does not deserve a new deal with us.

reddevil80

We need replacement. Dalot is not the man we can rely on at the R.B.
I have to say I think Dalot WILL be the man to replace him. Ole must surely see something in him at training and in the changing rooms, around the rest of the squad and hierarchy to even put his name on the sheet. He is still young and not mich Prem time yet but it will come IMHO.

Coxy

I have to say I think Dalot WILL be the man to replace him. Ole must surely see something in him at training and in the changing rooms, around the rest of the squad and hierarchy to even put his name on the sheet. He is still young and not mich Prem time yet but it will come IMHO.
It's not like we have a lot of RBs to choose from to be fair...