What's the latest news on MH370?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I want it to come back and all the passengers haven't aged or something else has happened to them but they're all on the plane like Manifest or Fringe or The Strain.

As long as people keep looking you never know. There were plenty of shipwrecks found in the last decades that had been assumed lost forever for centuries, and technology will only improve. I wouldn't hold my breath for results though.
Magnetic anomaly detection will probably get there one day. Today it's nowhere near sensitive enough and the plane went down in an area where nobody is really looking for anything. I think somebody will stumble across it one day a decade or three from now.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Interesting article.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/mh370-search-debris-barnacles.html

My take from this, if accurate, is that the plane may not be where they thought it was and that the bits recovered so far may have been under water for quite some time after the crash before surfacing for some reason.

Which perhaps suggests a controlled landing in the ocean or something similar.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
To paraphrase Dara O'Briain, just because we don't know exactly what happened doesn't mean that you can fill in the gaps with whatever fairy tale most appeals to you.

whitbyviking

To paraphrase Dara O'Briain, just because we don't know exactly what happened doesn't mean that you can fill in the gaps with whatever fairy tale most appeals to you.
That’a the strategy my Mrs follows whenever we have a “discussion”

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
According to the internet

Conspiracy theorists have suggested that MH370 was either captured by the United States and then flown to the United States' military base on the atoll of Diego Garcia in the British Indian Ocean Territory or that the plane landed at the base directly after being instructed to travel there. This explains why some phone calls or messages were sent later.

call Mulder & Scully!!