What's the point? Warning: Post contains a long ramble

Denis79

You wouldn't be paying him 100k a week for the privilege.

You are entitled to a second chance. That doesn’t/shouldn't have to be at Manchester United.
They aren't making it easier to like them. The whole investigation seemed to be a plan on how to manipulate the fans and media, and package a nice image of his return. It's just sad.

Manchester United’s Mason Greenwood return plan included list of ‘hostile’ figures

Some of the 'hostile' figures are domestic abuse charities...

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Every time we put in a performance like that, the calls for United to become a state sponsored sport washing project increase. If we were winning matches playing a stylish brand of football, the calls for a certain someone to come back would be non existent. If we go another 10 years without a title, I dread to think how desperate people will start to get.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
To the OP, I’m with you.

But for me it’s more about modern football fandom than the actual football.
I think the club have come to the right decision in the MG case. I’m relieved we won’t see him in red again, and I think it’s reasonable to support him into his next phase. It also seems the club and hierarchy have been thorough, and measured in their investigation, but the fan reaction to it has been anything but especially online.
I hope we don’t end up a state sponsored sportswashing plaything, but even ifRatcliffe wins the bid the fans reaction will make it unbearable.
I get that different folk have different opinions and that’s fine, but the constant negativity and witch-hunting is so tiresome and depressing.
And that’s before we even discuss the players who are naturally all rubbish, the manager who is allegedly not all he was promised to be and the club hierarchy who apparently are all incompetent and should be sacked.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
So the fans have won for once, sort of.

Where the club goes next is anyone's guess but its clear that we're a total shambles.

Whilst the Glazers leaving might solve some issues, I'm starting to believe that the rot goes much deeper. There's something more fundamentally wrong with us

Falconhoof

I also feel the same about the Qatar takeover that's coming. I don't like it at all and do fear us turning into a plaything for a sheikh. Probably like most in this thread, I'm from a different era and grew up in the 80s before football sold out and turned into this obscene money machine its now fast become. We know where it's headed now. The Saudis will either buy themselves into the Euro cup or push the super league and throw trillions at it. Players on millions per week is just mental isn't it. It's been bad enough for a long time but now it's gotten silly. How can you relate to them and also watch them whining about a ref decision and dive etc when they come off that pitch a million richer?! At some point it doesn't matter for a player or a fan and becomes soul less. The disconnect just becomes bigger and bigger. It's the way it's going though and has gone. I think it sits a lot better with the young uns as it's a bit more like playing FIFA and all they've known is obscene amounts of money swashing around football. It's a business now though, hence the football club being removed from our badge years ago.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
I also feel the same about the Qatar takeover that's coming. I don't like it at all and do fear us turning into a plaything for a sheikh. Probably like most in this thread, I'm from a different era and grew up in the 80s before football sold out and turned into this obscene money machine its now fast become. We know where it's headed now. The Saudis will either buy themselves into the Euro cup or push the super league and throw trillions at it. Players on millions per week is just mental isn't it. It's been bad enough for a long time but now it's gotten silly. How can you relate to them and also watch them whining about a ref decision and dive etc when they come off that pitch a million richer?! At some point it doesn't matter for a player or a fan and becomes soul less. The disconnect just becomes bigger and bigger. It's the way it's going though and has gone. I think it sits a lot better with the young uns as it's a bit more like playing FIFA and all they've known is obscene amounts of money swashing around football. It's a business now though, hence the football club being removed from our badge years ago.
Spot on.

My biggest issue is really that so many United fans are desperate for Qatari state ownership.

As I said on another thread, the Glazer's lasting legacy will be the once proud support of Manchester United Football Club being desperate to be turned into a sportwashing project.