What's with Chelsea and hijacking transfers?

Steve 007

I can’t believe these young players are signing their careers away. Stuck in contracts for 8 to 9 years. Mental if you ask me.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
If we wanted to sell Conor Gallagher for £30M last summer we could easily have done so. Palace even offered £27M for him after the loan spell there, and there were (and still are) plenty of other mid-table PL clubs interested in him as well.

Even in the ongoing January transfer window Palace would make an offer for him immediately if given encouragement to do so, and Newcastle were reported to be seriously after him too. Don't think we'll think about selling at the moment but next summer it's another matter entirely.

Just wait and see. :lol:

Giggsyking

For a 22 year old full England international who was a Prem sides player of the season just last year? Absolutely.

Madness to think he'd go for much less.
No he is not worth it. maybe 15m max.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
No he is not worth it. maybe 15m max.
Now you’re just confusing him with McT. A capable goal scoring midfielder with plenty of room to grow further, international experience and time on his side.. in this current market. Let’s be reasonable here. £30 mil is more than fair. He lacks tactical discipline more than being a bad footballer because he clearly isn’t.

El Zoido

I think Boehly got traumatized by Barcelona over the summer and is hellbent on "I'M THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!" thing.

You gotta give him credit for being able to get this done so quickly though.
Doesn’t really deserve any credit tbh. If you throw enough cash around you can get whatever you want. Just pay the right people and get it done.

Rake

They are like Edward Norton in The Italian Job. Devoid of ideas themselves, he just bought what the others dreamt of owning.

Or they are just after players with high potential on Football Manger.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Doesn’t really deserve any credit tbh. If you throw enough cash around you can get whatever you want. Just pay the right people and get it done.
I think you're a few days behind because since then it's been revealed the only difference between us and Arsenal were payment structures and 10k a week.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Even as a United fan i agree with him. If Danny Ings can go to West Ham for £15-17m then £30m for Gallagher is about right. Young England international and a very promising one at that.
I would in this market around £35-40m.

He's in a similar boat to Lukaku of 2014 who went for £28m in a pre Neymar market. Not quite good enough for a team looking to win the big medals but a proven player for teams below in the table.

Giggsyking

Even as a United fan i agree with him. If Danny Ings can go to West Ham for £15-17m then £30m for Gallagher is about right. Young England international and a very promising one at that.
If Andreas Pereira went for 7m, he is not more than 15. If you are judging by other players prices. He is in the same quality boat of Andreas. Nothing more or anything special about him.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
If Andreas Pereira went for 7m, he is not more than 15. If you are judging by other players prices. He is in the same quality boat of Andreas. Nothing more or anything special about him.
You're forgetting English tax, and also Andreas showed very little in his premier League stint with us and whenever he was on loan abroad. There was next to no market for him. Gallagher had a great season at Crystal Palace and the only reason opinions on him have stalled is because, like us with Lingard, they insisted on trying to intergrate him into the Chelsea first team. We rejected £30m for Lingard after his loan, or easily could have got that from West Ham.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Perriera had 1 year left on his contract at Man United, that's why he went on the cheap. Plus he's Brazilian, plus he'd never really shone in the prem.

Gallagher is English, has 3 years left on his contract and has won a "player of the season" award in the Prem just last season. I'm not comparing their talent levels but it's obvious why Gallagher will cost significantly more to a Premier League side.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Perriera had 1 year left on his contract at Man United, that's why he went on the cheap. Plus he's Brazilian, plus he'd never really shone in the prem.

Gallagher is English, has 3 years left on his contract and has won a "player of the season" award in the Prem just last season. I'm not comparing their talent levels but it's obvious why Gallagher will cost significantly more to a Premier League side.
Pereira is also 4 years older than Gallagher, has no HG status for the PL and was coming off a couple loans where he wasn't always even a starter. At Lazio he was only a backup player (3 league starts over a full season) and played plenty more at Flamengo but that's the Brazilian league which is nowhere near comparable to the PL.

I very much struggle to see how those two can even be compared together and why Gallagher needs to be cheap just because Pereira was too. Whichever way you look at it the PL clubs will see a lot more upsides to Gallagher than they did for Pereira last summer.

Fair play to Fulham though for picking him up on the cheap which in hindsight looks like great piece of business now that Pereira is finally looking like a PL level player at age 27.

Take that as a no then? So the offers aren’t more or less the same financially.

Doh!
Didn't you say you were retiring from any Chelsea-related topics?

We all knew you couldn't stay away for long. Good to have you back! :smirk:

TheReligion

Abusive
Didn't you say you were retiring from any Chelsea-related topics?

We all knew you couldn't stay away for long. Good to have you back! :smirk:
I mean it’s hard to not enter any Chelsea thread as you take over every transfer one given your odd little owner.

Generally speaking though yeah I’ve had enough of the majority if you.

7.5 with the option of one more.

https://theathletic.com/4093504/2023/01/18/inside-mudryk-deal-chelsea-arsenal/#:~:text=Earning over £5million a,marginally more than at Arsenal.

So a mighty one year above what your reportedly willing to give Garnacho.
So i was right then. Thanks.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I am pretty sure they are doing shady stuff, no way it's all legal. Wouldn't be surprised if it's still laundering money for their lovely friends from Russia, we saw in those revealed documents that UK is their favourite place to spend or save money.

TheReligion

Abusive
No you were wrong (as you usually are). It's 7 and a half with an option of an 8th.
Oh no. The point was Arsenal weren’t offering a monster contract length. So your package was much more expensive and not similar.

I’m sure you’ll catch on.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I am pretty sure they are doing shady stuff, no way it's all legal. Wouldn't be surprised if it's still laundering money for their lovely friends from Russia, we saw in those revealed documents that UK is their favourite place to spend or save money.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Irrational.

After hijacking Felix, now that our interest in Kane is public, fully expecting these feckers to sign him this summer in a £150 million, ten year deal.

Mainoldo

It’s going to be funny in a few years when it comes to life how illiquid these deals are.

Pretty much how we came to find out.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
After hijacking Felix, now that our interest in Kane is public, fully expecting these feckers to sign him this summer in a £150 million, ten year deal.
Your safe. Believe me. Levi will not sell to Chelsea under any circumstance. If we offered 100 mil and Real Madrid offered 85 he would still turn us down. Not that I want Kane, he is not a real 9 and we need a focal point.

Giggsyking

@Giggsyking just thought you might want to know Everton have offered £45M for Gallagher who you claimed would never sell at £30M. :wenger:
They are the worst club in the world. They are stupid if they do so. They will discover very soon (as with their other failed deals) they made a huge mistake.