When City win the Champions League how will it feel?

DE LIGT

It will be painful, even worse knowing they will put 4-5 goals against the mighty villarreal in the super cup with ease and go on dominating the Fifa Club World Cup.

I was hoping we can snatch a trophy from them if we win the EL, and faced them in the super cup. It just feels like they are sooo determined to win every trophy possible... wish we were like this.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i have decided to live vicariously as a city fan, so it will feel amazing. i will move the sofa to the front garden, alongside an old chest freezer, a burnt out skip and a pile of wooden pallets. i’ll sit on the sofa with a 4 pack of tesco value lager and watch the final courtesy of an illegal stream on a stolen ipad.

tears will stream down my face as i chant “manchester! manchester!” as de bruyne curls in a 4th during the 82nd minute, whilst the sounds of my wife getting humped by our cousin ring softly in the background.

“manchester! manchester! manchester!”

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Feel nothing. It will be a news for couple of days and people will move on to new season.

SER19

It's been clear for years and dead on obvious since January that they'd win it and that whole air of inevitability will sum up the feeling for many football fans and dare i say some city fans too. The natural, boring conclusion of what happens when a corrupt state empties money into a nobody football club for a decade.

Saw noel Gallagher on bbc saying how after they won the league he didn't want to win the CL straight away as it would be too easy and this way they feel like they 'worked for it.'

It's a sad, manufactured, soulless 21st century version of an incredible tournament,that is at its lowest ebb with 2 oil teams who tried to leave it battling it out in front of a few thousand neutrals.

Paul_Scholes18

People either do not care anymore if they do not get hurt or they deny the true feelings. This would be even worse than Liverpool getting the league title. Only worse is Liverpool going ahead of us in terms of league titles after all we did to get ahead.

Fts 74

I live in Manchester and it'll sicken me if they win it.

My wife is a city fan can't say I'd be happy for her if they win it because I won't.

Listening to the likes of Noel Gallagher and that idiot Mike Summerbee the last few days saying how they've earned it and everyone lapping it up really pisses me off.

The media narrative around city as plucky underdogs you really have to hand it to their PR guys as so many people have fallen for it.

The devil's greatest trick is convincing people he doesn't exist.

That sums up the whole Abu Dhabi nonsense.

Zen86

Get used to it. They’ll win multiple CL trophies over the next few years, and they really should have at least one or two to their name already.

I’m completely indifferent to it really, football is in such a sorry state now. It’s difficult to really care about the goings-on of the likes City, Chelsea, and PSG. I do find it funny how they’re desperately trying to ham this up as some heroic journey that’s been hard-fought, though.

lsd

The Oracle
Get used to it. They’ll win multiple CL trophies over the next few years, and they really should have at least one or two to their name already.

I’m completely indifferent to it really, football is in such a sorry state now. It’s difficult to really care about the goings-on of the likes City, Chelsea, and PSG. I do find it funny how they’re desperately trying to ham this up as some heroic journey that’s been hard-fought, though.

Why do you find it funny when so many have fallen for it and it is how the media will spin it ?

Anustart89

Imagine when the Etihad reopens and their supporter sings Champions of England, Champions of Europe. Ugh.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Hm. I'm guessing around:

5% slight disgust.

10% craving for a beer.

85% indifference.

Fluctuation0161

And they only spend a tiny bit more than us....

Not like they spend 2x ours
Through the books no, maybe 1.5 more than us over the last 12 years. But then, look at their "sponsorship money".

Nowhere near as bad as Liverpool winning the PL. City are Franchise FC so I don't really care what UAE win. It only saddens me because of the poor reflection on what had happened to the modern game. Ruined by dodgy state owned clubs, unlimited money being thrown to sportswash images. PSG would be equally bad.

Zen86

Why do you find it funny when so many have fallen for it and it is how the media will spin it ?
I don’t think anyone has actually fallen for it at all. The media are ever more desperate to manufacture a storyline and a bit of romance for a sport which more or less has none. Even City fans don’t believe it deep down, as much as they try to kid themselves otherwise.

JustAGuest

Couldn't care less. Probably as a result of getting used to their and Liverpool's success in recent years while we have been poor. It's not worth investing any energy on it. It's obvious they will continue dominating for years to come.

I'd rather Manchester is winning than the cockneys.

Will hear no end of it from the City fans I know but don't begrudge them, I had 20 odd years rubbing it in when United were flying.

Hopefully Pep will leave once he's completed his mission to win City the CL.

el3mel

Today will be shit regardless of the winners. Imagine having to sit through watching Chelsea and City fight it for CL after our EL disasterclass.

May for the love of God a miracle happens and this final doesn't go through.

redshaw

Feels like I'm in the twilight zone or tales from the crypt, so bizarre I can't even register it even if they win 8 in a row. Jack Walker times a million.

Equally bizarre is the rejoicing in the media of a monopoly founded on a lottery win, City is like the Michael Carrol of football.

This is sadly how it's going though with PSG Chelsea and City in the past 2 years of CL finals. Going to get worse when more clubs get snapped up. It's like a line getting drawn on 150 years of history, football became a victim of it's own success and attracted billionaires to pour money in and manufacture a big club in a decade and overwrite over a century of building. With concerns of sportwashing the whole thing is quite foul.

Last edited:

makcikkaulawa

Its gonna happen sooner or later so let's embraced it.

btw, is it just me or since the lost to Villareal, i have lost all interest in football now. I mean, i don't go to united website or any soccer sites except here on redcafe. and couldnt careless about the UCL final later..

Sighhhh. united does makes you depressed...

Bertie 2 Hats

I have a few relations who are Bertie's, so if City win then all the Red's in the family will do as Bruce Dickinson sang " Run to the hills, run for your lives " :o

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Chelsea are a ballsy team. They are many things you can dislike but they've had the bottle since 2000s. Would never totally discard them.

Castia

Its going to be bad.

I have a lot of City fan mates and work will be insufferable.

Crustanoid

Through the books no, maybe 1.5 more than us over the last 12 years. But then, look at their "sponsorship money".

Nowhere near as bad as Liverpool winning the PL. City are Franchise FC so I don't really care what UAE win. It only saddens me because of the poor reflection on what had happened to the modern game. Ruined by dodgy state owned clubs, unlimited money being thrown to sportswash images. PSG would be equally bad.
Those players going to City with no competition, and low key sudden announcements of players without details. They’ll be paying them triple in ‘other’ ways to play for a plastic nothing club.

Fluctuation0161

Those players going to City with no competition, and low key sudden announcements of players without details. They’ll be paying them triple in ‘other’ ways to play for a plastic nothing club.
Wouldn't be the first time.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...bu-dhabi-money-second-contract-sheikh-mansour

Manchester City paid Roberto Mancini extra via Abu Dhabi club, claims leak
• Mancini alleged to have had two contracts while City manager
• Second said to have been with another Sheikh Mansour club

RUCK4444

I’m disappointed I didn’t get to feel totally apathetic to the plastic alternative Manchester club winning the big time.

But well done Chelsea.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
So, they lost and honestly it feels FANTASTIC. I totally would have rather them lose and not get a treble than us had won the pathetic Europa League and them win UCL.

There, I said it!

The Hilton

It'll feel like a twitch in the corpse of football - it already died when the owners were allowed to take over the team and artificially prop up a nothing club with blood money.

Even FFP means nothing now, so expect them to throw money around after losing tonight.

Paul_Scholes18

Given how we miss every chance to win the titles we better enjoy when our biggest rivals get knocked out too.

Zen

If they we're the best team, I probably wouldn't be all that bothered really. But if they end up winning it with Vincent Kompany in charge while finishing 5th in 2031... feck off, but it's gonna happen isn't it.... after Liverpool and Chelsea have done it that way.

BorisManUtd

It'll probably happen sooner or later and I won't care just as I wouldn't care if they won it tonight. It's maybe because I'm not from Manchester, not even from England. It'll actually be unbearable listening to some friends that are Chelsea fans, on other hand I haven't yet met one City fan in my life so far.