When (if) Biden wins

Raoul

Admin
Staff
that's a bummer
election nights are the best, but only if you know that at the end it's going to be a winner
i remember when "Bush the Idiot" won, it was very anti climatic
it lingered over months till the SC decided to stop counting the Florida votes
That's 2020 for you. COVID means far more mail in voting, which take much longer to count than the ordinary way.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
That's 2020 for you. COVID means far more mail in voting, which take much longer to count than the ordinary way.
i guess that night i will go to sleep as always
i remember 2016 election, granted the best didn't win, but it was drama at it's best
Anyway the Bush V Gore was entertaining over the days, suspense, drama, romance
well, not romance
then came the SC to ruin it to everyone

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Good luck to biden but i expect something like:
Trump tells his voters to vote in person... and take their guns and defend the election from antifa voter fraud (intimidate / attack anybody not in a maga cap)
Trump declares himself winner on the night and that all patriots better take their guns to the street to stop the Chinese and antifa stealing the election with fraudulent made up ballots (basically attack and intimidate anybody not in a maga hat)
Immediately gets the supreme Court to rule out postal votes because of mass fraud
All over by thanks giving

Irwin99

Fecked either way given the discord and division that's been growing for so many years. It seems to be the lesser of two evils but hardly inspiring.

Perversely, I wonder if the reaction if Biden loses will be similar to what I've seen in Britain over the years; namely, "we need a proper left wing candidate not these establishment crooks". And 4 or 5 years later when a 'proper' left wing candidate loses you get the opposite reaction "they were never going to win with a left wing candidate". Sometimes feels as if you can't win.

Abizzz

you think a Biden win will make the dow go down?
i have some apple, McDonalds, Microsoft and 3M shares :nervous:
In the short term i'm almost certain. In the medium to long term things will look very differently. The return of federal oversight will eventually be beneficial but the immeadeate reaction will be a sell off.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I understand everyone s sentiments aboit being sceptical, but honestly to me it's quite simple at this pt- there is no way but going further down with Trump - the man literally and figuratively destroys lives everywhere he goes. The level of disrespect, dishonor, hatred, lack of empathy, the blatant lying, and other poor personality traits he puts on display (and those around him) are dangerous on so many levels.

My primary concern is my kids - luckily they are at an age where I can still control what they are exposed to to an extent but another 4 years and they will be a lot more susceptible to it all. Not to mention I cant find a single good reason to say he s made the country better for their future. That alone is plenty of reason to celebrate when he is gone.

Last edited:

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
My question is why Biden? is he the best man the democratic party can write on the ticket?
or is it that the best candidates decided to wait four years because they think that beating Trump wont be possible?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
My question is why Biden? is he the best man the democratic party can write on the ticket?
or is it that the best candidates decided to wait four years because they think that beating Trump wont be possible?
This has been discussed at great length on here before but to start you need to understand America is and has basically always been a center right leaning country. To push too far to the left at a time when you need the folks in the center to stand up to the extreme right that took a hold of the Repubs you cant throw up another extreme. Not now. Id love to see some more leftist candidate but more than 4 years ago - now is not the time. The likes of Bernie would ve easily been discarded as being close/tight with the far left - thats neigh impossible to do with a Biden/Harris combination (dont underestimate Harris' importance in this).

DavidDeSchmikes

I dont think anyone s under that illusion and that also shouldnt be the point. Things would certainly get worse however if he doesnt.
I agree and it is important that Biden wins. Yet once he is president he will need to be held accountable. America is a broken country with social inequality, police brutality, coronavirus, unemployment, Flint water crisis, wildfires burning etc. I just hope people don't con themselves into thinking everything is all good again and politics is back to normal (pre 2016)

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
This has been discussed at great length on here before but to start you need to understand America is and has basically always been a center right leaning country. To push too far to the left at a time when you need the folks in the center to stand up to the extreme right that took a hold of the Repubs you cant throw up another extreme. Not now. Id love to see some more leftist candidate but more than 4 years ago - now is not the time. The likes of Bernie would ve easily been discarded as being close/tight with the far left - thats neigh impossible to do with a Biden/Harris combination (dont underestimate Harris' importance in this).
that sounds logical

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Wouldn't sell 3m... Biden will probably make masks compulsory or at least much more used and 3m make a lot of masks
ok, then i sell the others and buy 3m
thanks
If you're in it for the long term, you should absolutely not sell 3M but not because of any short-sighted mask argument. That's a very shallow way to look at a company like 3M. They are not a "mask company", that's only a tiny fraction of their revenue and not at all a core part of their business model.

You should buy and hold them because
1) they are currently at a low price. Because they are an industrial company, now is a good time to buy.
2) their business model is innovation, not making some trendy product and selling it. Their entire business model is based around a spoke model with molecular and nano inventions and innovations at the center. Once they make a core innovation they then find numerous sectors to apply their technology. They make Scotch Tape but their adhesive technology is used in everything from dental fillers to the space station. A century before Google they also innovated the "free Fridays" workweek where their engineers have the freedom to work on whatever project they feel like, not bound by annoying managers trying to micromanage their time.
3) because of their innovation-based business model, they are extremely diversified and spread across many sectors. Their mask business could disappear overnight and it would hardly affect them long term. Their dividends have been increasing for over 50 years.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
If you're in it for the long term, you should absolutely not sell 3M but not because of any short-sighted mask argument. That's a very shallow way to look at a company like 3M. They are not a "mask company", that's only a tiny fraction of their revenue and not at all a core part of their business model.

You should buy and hold them because
1) they are currently at a low price. Because they are an industrial company, now is a good time to buy.
2) their business model is innovation, not making some trendy product and selling it. Their entire business model is based around a spoke model with molecular and nano inventions and innovations at the center. Once they make a core innovation they then find numerous sectors to apply their technology. They make Scotch Tape but their adhesive technology is used in everything from dental fillers to the space station. A century before Google they also innovated the "free Fridays" workweek where their engineers have the freedom to work on whatever project they feel like, not bound by annoying managers trying to micromanage their time.
3) because of their innovation-based business model, they are extremely diversified and spread across many sectors. Their mask business could disappear overnight and it would hardly affect them long term. Their dividends have been increasing for over 50 years.
Thank you for the advice mate
And yes, i'm going for the long term, that's why I chose those companies to buy shares from
That doesn't mean that i wont look at their price with one eye, just to see if there`s an oportunity to sell when they go down and wait to buy some more at a lower price
but the truth is that i don't care much if in the short run they go down, because i know that at the end they will be very profitable.
Cheers

Tiber

The US will have a stunningly medicore president.

Not Trump, so congrats on that. But there is something deeply underwhelming about the idea of Biden leading America.

Dante

Average bang
If Trump were to refuse to stand down from office, how would he logistically achieve this? I'm guessing he'd need to have some military backing. And that there'd be some (maybe all) military opposing him.

Or would it just be a case of him declaring squatters right in the Whitehouse and then showing up to work like George on Seinfeld?

SirAF

Ageist
If Trump were to refuse to stand down from office, how would he logistically achieve this? I'm guessing he'd need to have some military backing. And that there'd be some (maybe all) military opposing him.

Or would it just be a case of him declaring squatters right in the Whitehouse and then showing up to work like George on Seinfeld.
:lol:

The Firestarter

Or would it just be a case of him declaring squatters right in the Whitehouse and then showing up to work like George on Seinfeld?
Why need the military when you have the electoral college. If the state legislatures can indeed change the electors then all he needs is already in that 200 year old piece of paper. That was its original idea as well, no? To prevent "mob rule" (democracy).

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

He would have to imprison or execute opponents, starting at the top. He hasn't got the bollocks for that, he'd run.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?

Brilliant :lol:

Gibb11

Have a feeling Trump will win comfortably in the end. I reckon a few people won't admit they will vote trump but will in the ballot box or whatever

Reiver

Have a feeling Trump will win comfortably in the end. I reckon a few people won't admit they will vote trump but will in the ballot box or whatever
Quite possibly. Isn't that what happened at the last election? Think women in the 30-49 bracket were one of the main demographics that said they hadn't voted for Trump when they actually had.

Jericholyte2

IF Biden wins (and I have a nasty, nasty feeling Trump will pull the rug out from under this either via a late surge or via SC) I’ll be sending a few messages to my friend who is a MASSIVE QANON follower and giving him both fecking barrels!