When will we score 5?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Seventh time this season we've hit 4, probably should have got 5 in at least one or two of those. Last time we scored 5 was, I think, Leverkusen away in the Moyes season.*

I think we might do it against Bournemouth at home on 13th December.

*Edit: (Midtjylland in 15/16)

Last edited:

el3mel

Last time we scored 5 against that team from Denmark in LVG last season. Why does this game always get forgotten ? It's Rashford debut!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Seventh time this season we've hit 4, probably should have got 5 in at least one or two of those. Last time we scored 5 was, I think, Leverkusen away in the Moyes season.

vs Midtjylland in LVG's last season.

alsabi

Last time we scored five in the league was Fergie's final game, the crazy 5-5 draw at West Brom. On the plus side that's also the last time we conceded five...

alsabi

In that game Lukaku played just the second half and scored a hat-trick. Crazy match.
Indeed. We were also 3-0 and 5-2 ahead during the match - had it mattered at all that would definitely be Caf meltdown territory!

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Only hitting 5 twice in over four seasons is pretty awful for us. In Fergie's four final seasons, all of them post-Ronaldo, we hit 5 or more a total of 12 times: 3 times in 09/10, 3 times in 10/11, 5 times in 11/12 and once in 12/13 (the WBA game).

el3mel

Indeed. We were also 3-0 and 5-2 ahead during the match - had it mattered at all that would definitely be Caf meltdown territory!
Watched this video some time earlier :

Just made me remember we were pretty damn awful at the back during SAF last 2 seasons, but we were compensating for that by having an excellent attack with lot's of guts and character.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Please let it be Stoke at home January 15th

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Last time we scored five in the league was Fergie's final game, the crazy 5-5 draw at West Brom. On the plus side that's also the last time we conceded five...
We conceded five against Leicester which made LVG go back into his shell forever.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We are too shite to score 5 in a game. 4 goals in 7 games a 1/3rd through the season is not good enough ffs.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We conceded five against Leicester which made LVG go back into his shell forever.
IMO that game signalled the end of LVG. He went ultra defensive and even a year later, he kept on with the ultra defensive brand of boring football.
The style was boring, Jose was available and when the results stopped coming, he was axed.
I do wonder that if Giggs had told LVG that boring football would get them both sacked and LVG listened, how exciting would we have been? Before LVG went defensive, we were very exciting to watch, under LVG. Even in that Leicester game, we scored 3 goals before 60 minutes.

Anyway....it's all in the past, now.

notcool

Supports
a
Soon, hopefully. People are starting to call me 4 goals in the playground at school because they know I support Man Utd.

CantonaVeron

We ease off in games far too much, yesterday we got to four and played keep ball at half pace, if we kept the intensity up we could have had a couple more goals, its almost like, we've done our job lets save ourselves. Its disapointing imo we should continue to go for the kill, as goal difference might come into play at some point. To be fair we often did the same under Ferguson.

The Irish Connection

This is actually the level we should be at though, thank jebus we're getting back there!
Brighton is my prediction.

Last edited by a moderator:

M Bison

Supports
York City
Watched this video some time earlier :

Just made me remember we were pretty damn awful at the back during SAF last 2 seasons, but we were compensating for that by having an excellent attack with lot's of guts and character.
Great vid. RvP was so lethal.

RedStarUnited

We ease off in games far too much, yesterday we got to four and played keep ball at half pace, if we kept the intensity up we could have had a couple more goals, its almost like, we've done our job lets save ourselves. Its disapointing imo we should continue to go for the kill, as goal difference might come into play at some point. To be fair we often did the same under Ferguson.
Yup, we had 4 goals with 20 minutes to go yesterday and you could see we were happy with that and just wanted to see the game out.

Said it before but il say it again, its in those situations that a team containing a Ronaldo or a Messi will end up with 6+ goals. That mentality to still want more even when you have more than enough is reserved for the super elite guys.

Havak

Pokemon master
Yup, we had 4 goals with 20 minutes to go yesterday and you could see we were happy with that and just wanted to see the game out.

Said it before but il say it again, its in those situations that a team containing a Ronaldo or a Messi will end up with 6+ goals. That mentality to still want more even when you have more than enough is reserved for the super elite guys.
Thing is, in their league it's not even that necessary to go winning five and six when the points are already in the bag. In our league, those extra goals can rack up and effectively be worth a point. We should go for it a bit more, though I imagine City are already at a stage where if something were to come down to goal difference, it's already theirs.

TheReligion

Abusive
Seventh time this season we've hit 4, probably should have got 5 in at least one or two of those. Last time we scored 5 was, I think, Leverkusen away in the Moyes season.*

*Edit: (Midtjylland in 15/16)
We will do it when you leave the Caf for good

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s really frustrating to be behind City’s goal difference season after season, costing us one title and one top four finish. These things do matter but we just always ease off.