where are mkhitaryan and schneiderlin?

Raw

Schneiderlin sustained a knee injury last week, so he's probably getting eased back in.

Mkhitaryan, who the feck knows.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I can't seem to recall (bad memory or I am just trying to wipe our time under LvG :lol:), but did Schneiderlin actually get that many chances to impress last season? I mean a sustained run of 6-8 games to play himself into form? Or was it a case of 1 or 2 bad outings, with different partners, and he is dropped? Similar to Hererra?

His skillset could be suited with Herrera next to him. But then again, I don't see us utilising much pressing of the opponents, so who knows.

Green_Red

I feel a bit for players like Schniderlin who ccome to a club of our size. It must be a dream. Then you waste 2 years sat on the bench. Useless really. Should have stayed at shampton

binary bot
I can't seem to recall (bad memory or I am just trying to wipe our time under LvG :lol:), but did Schneiderlin actually get that many chances to impress last season? I mean a sustained run of 6-8 games to play himself into form? Or was it a case of 1 or 2 bad outings, with different partners, and he is dropped? Similar to Hererra?

His skillset could be suited with Herrera next to him. But then again, I don't see us utilising much pressing of the opponents, so who knows.
It's been like that for every player except Rooney until recently, for the last two years or so. Funny how the players with little competition are the ones who've ended up impressing the most.

Moonred

Don't have much hope from Schneiderlin. Will do a job at times. It will be disappointing if Mkhitaryan fails to establish himself. Hope I'm wrong about Morgan though.

Sb_16

Schneiderlin's level is no better than Fellaini. Different players but not up to the standard.

But, Mkhitaryan should soon be introduced into the team.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's been like that for every player except Rooney until recently, for the last two years or so. Funny how the players with little competition are the ones who've ended up impressing the most.
Aye that's true also. It's weird though. Most of our signings have turned to dog poo once we signed them :lol:

Probably a function of different managers, styles, continuous playing perssonel changes etc.

PitchFork

Supports
Sao Paulo FC
Did Mkhitaryan get shaken up by the Manchester culture bomb? Looks like he's scared. I don't reckon he can handle big pressure. Not a sound signing so far.

3KDré

Schneiderlin is a good player, he just needs confidence.

Did Mkhitaryan get shaken up by the Manchester culture bomb? Looks like he's scared. I don't reckon he can handle big pressure. Not a sound signing so far.
He's only started once. He can't play well if Mourinho won't play him at all.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don't understand the obsession with these two players. One has been rubbish every time he's started for us and the other started one game and put in a hilariously bad performance...even if you were going to put him back in the team it wouldn't be away to fecking Chelsea.

I'd like to see Schneiderlin get a few games next to Herrera and Pogba before he's written off. You can't say he's failed when he's never really been able to settle in the team.

goin4glory

Miki is turning into KDB or Schurrle 2.0. Not trusted and left out for "reliable" starters like Lingard/Young. How can he be expected to build any confidence or momentum not even in the squad?

what a mess

Couldn't care less where Schneiderlin is , he's had his chances and looks no better than bang average .
Would love to know what the score is with Miki , surely it can't be injury as we would know by now exactly what the injury is , If we don't see him against City or Burnley then I fear that he will be gone on January without even being given a chance

ghagua

While we're at it, why not bring Schweinsteiger into the first team squad. Not sure what he did to Mourinho to get such treatment, but it is based on his performance from last year, then many of the current first team players should not be in the first team squad. Schweinsteiger was just coming into form last year when he suffered that knee injury. He can move the ball around in midfield which is something we are missing at the moment.

marlowe78

Mkhitaryan came off his injury and was thrown right into that City game, it was hardly a surprise that he struggled. Then he disappeared again. His handling has been bizarre.

Dominos

I'd like to see Schneiderlin get a few games next to Herrera and Pogba before he's written off. You can't say he's failed when he's never really been able to settle in the team.
This.

I'm surprised Mourinho isn't a fan. He's a tall, strong, combative midfielder who can win the ball back and keep it simple. I'd have thought Mourinho might see some Matic type qualities in him. If he's going to play Fellaini in midfield and not make use of any of his attacking qualities he might as well give Morgan a run in the side playing Fellaini's current role.