Where do we go from here?

Utd7

The club is run worse than AFC Richmond. I don't see a viable way forward unless the structure changes.

blythy

Fascist Dictator
just cancel this football club and turn it into a merchandise store to sell shirts.

I bet Glazers will actually like this idea and put it into consideration if they heard it.
They did this 17 years ago.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The same way after any game over the past 6 months. Wait til the season is finished, start fresh under Ten Hag. Nobody wants to play anymore this season, it's been clear for months. It's hard for anyone to perform. We'll need a good chunk of turnover of course, but that'll happen naturally with the contract stuff. No point in getting too invested or worked up about any game this season, I don't understand why anyone has been for the past 3-4 months.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The same way after any game over the past 6 months. Wait til the season is finished, start fresh under Ten Hag. Nobody wants to play anymore this season, it's been clear for months. It's hard for anyone to perform. We'll need a good chunk of turnover of course, but that'll happen naturally with the contract stuff. No point in getting too invested or worked up about any game this season, I don't understand why anyone has been for the past 3-4 months.
Only reason I have is because no other teams seem to want that 4th spot so naturally we have stayed in the hunt for it.

As far as where the club goes from here, all reports as well as quotes from Ragnick have me as optimistic as I've ever been that we might get an actual culture/structure/process change in how we go about our business and development under ETH. It's quite clear ETH ripped into how we operated and was sure to get guarantee's on changes being made if he was going to come here, which is the first step in somewhat modernizing the structure to how the top sides operate.

Honestly I'll be excited going in to the summer and next season because if we do what I think we are going to do, I won't have to have a ton of lofty expectations and can enjoy a rebuild from the ground up with the right process. Instead of watching us sign a nice name or two in the summer with little regard to how they fit within the lack of system we got and just hope for the best.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We could do with a season in the Championship to rebuild some confidence. Maybe League 1 because Norwich was a bit much for everyone other than Ronaldo at the weekend.

cyril C

I think RR is ALREADY doing it - start every game with 1 of the fringe players, give them a chance to demonstrate their ability and commitment, or simply a game to say goodbye. It can't get any worse, better having players who can run 10KM than those can't.

united for life

The first thing we need to do is realise that we are not winning the league for at least 3 years. Set realistic expectations with a proper plan and timelines of when we expect to win again and what do we need. We have signed so many players, paid so much money to be in this shite position. It means that paying huge sums is not the answer. We need to properly build the squad with the right signings, giving chances to youngsters and maybe sign a big name or 2 along the way. But it is important to accept that we are years behind liverpool and city.

I'm a beautiful thing

The first thing we need to do is realise that we are not winning the league for at least 3 years. Set realistic expectations with a proper plan and timelines of when we expect to win again and what do we need. We have signed so many players, paid so much money to be in this shite position. It means that paying huge sums is not the answer. We need to properly build the squad with the right signings, giving chances to youngsters and maybe sign a big name or 2 along the way. But it is important to accept that we are years behind liverpool and city.
Completely agree, years behind on and off the pitch, the question is, will our incompetent owners allow the changes to be made

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I created this thread in Jan 2022. Now here we are, almost 2 years later and in exactly the same position.

Where do we go from here?!
Christ it's so bad right now isn't it

SAFMUTD

You can always be worst and we'll see it. Its more likely to get worst than better won't change until the feeling Glazers leave the club.

Dearg hÉireann

Completely spineless performance when we needed to win and once again shows how far away we are from challenging for trophies.

Hughie77

No where realy.. get beat on Sunday again then huff and puff our way through the league and FA cup... Wigan in that will be a tough game... that's how low its gone